“AMAZING! Must come for lunch/ dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fresh Catch

Fresh Catch
Ranked #29 of 144 Restaurants in Providenciales
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Jamaican
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stow Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING! Must come for lunch/ dinner!”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We just got back from our delicious late lunch. The wait staff is the nicest that we have experienced during our week stay. Let me first begin that my husband and I are "Foodies" and pride ourselves in finding a good restaurant. We are so sad that we found this little gem so late in our stay.. we would have eaten here most days out of the week. The food presentation, taste, quality and freshness is above superb for the cost. The waiter was so friendly and was so genuine! She saw my quarky mother fishing in my fathers rum punch drink for the candied cherries and she was so sweet she brought my mother some in a bowl and she was tickled. My family ordered a variety of menu selections. The grouper sandwich- my father said it was the best fish he has had on the island. My husband ordered the pan fry snapper and was perfectly fried- not greasy, but flaky and the grease didn't cover up the wonderful taste of the fish. My mother and I ordered a Cesear salad with a side of french fries. The french fries were hot, delicious and thick. The ceasar dressing was perfectly tossed in the romaine with a ton of cheese! My sister ordered a jerk chicken that she states was "devine." THE BEST PART WAS THE side of MAC AND CHEESE. The best mac and cheese we have ever had! I told her and she brought out a piece on "the house." So sweet! We would highly recommend this restaurant! It is so affordable. We all had rum punch/ soda/ entree and the bill came to 108.00 for 5! So reasonable!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Genna K

Dallas, TX
“Went four times during stay, love this place!!”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were very disappointed that our standby the Salt Mills Diner closed, but were excited to try the Fresh Catch diner just around the corner. Located in the Salt Mills Shops plaza, it is down the alley between the old Salt Mills diner and Big Blue on the first floor. Inside has seating for about 25, with two booths and the rest tables, but there are a few outdoor tables if that's your thing. Inside has air conditioning, too. Not much to look at inside and no view, but the prices are really, really good for Provo. Ok for the food. There are several conch options, but many others, too, for those of us who aren't very conch-y. I gotta say, my hubby and I LOVED the lemonade, very refreshing! I got the blackened grouper one day, which was alot of food and very yummy, and the fish sticks, which was nice for a smaller lunch. Both fish dishes were fresh and delicious!!! Hubby, on the other hand, has the jerk chicken sandwich, three times in a row, which he absolutely loved!!! Fries were fresh and good, too. Overall an excellent experience every time, very consistent with the level of quality, and great service, pretty quick for Provo island time, too. This place helps fill in an area of meal offerings that are lacking in Provo, specifically high quality food in a more casual atmosphere with lower prices.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank yankeegirlfriend
London, Canada
“Great food, good value.”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just a little diner, tucked down an alley in the Salt Mills Plaza. Cheap ( for Provo!) cheerful and friendly. Great place for a quick lunch - fabulous fish sandwich.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank loveUllapool
Boston, Massachusetts
“Loved it”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The food was fabulous and the wait staff were so kind to me and my 2 daughters. Definitely go there for lunch and get the grouper sandwich!!!

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank TK240
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great "local" lunch spot”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

When you see many of the local retail workers stop by to pick up take-out orders, it has to be good. Someone mentioned to try their grouper. The daily fish selections match the café's name. The food is definitely prepared to order; so be prepared to wait a little bit for your meal. The conch fritters were excellent.. If you have never tried conch before, this has little pieces mixed in with the doughy fritter. More daring with conch? Try their chowder. The blackened grouper was tasty as well. By the way, it's cheaper to drink a $2 soda than their $4 iced tea. And they do charge for refills. I wonder why iced tea is often expensive in the Caribbean? Don't get dressed up for this place; you're not going there for the atmosphere just their tastes. Dinner should be out of the question after eating here - too full.

• Visited March 2013