“Truely Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Miss Moonies - CLOSED

Miss Moonies
Cuisines: Caribbean, American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Serves Alcohol
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Truely Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Wanted to have something nice and local. Fortunately my local guide took me to Miss Moonies. It was simply awesome. Reasonably priced, generous portion, friendly owner and staff. I kept going back for lunch ...even on my way to the airport

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank adey o

Providenciales
“24 hours open!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

That is something that you rarely find in the Turks and Caicos Islands.
This place not only has very good food at a reasonable price, but they are open 24 hours. They have also a mini market in the front so whatever is that you need, go there and you will probably find it.
Ambience is better in the tables outside by the pool. We had a great Thanksgiving dinner last year spending about 30 dollars per person. Dessert included.

Visited November 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
“Just like Mamma made it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Great restaurant. If you like good home cooking don't miss Miss Moonies. I had the oxtail with okra rice, macaroni and cheese and cabbage. Everything was outstanding. I actually got a second order of cabbage.

My wife had ribs, macaroni and cheese and corn on the cob. The meat was tender it virtually fell off the bone. She said everything was deelish.

We were so lucky and felt so privileged. We got to meet Miss Moonie and her family. She was so friendly and welcoming and sitting at the table right next to us.

Everyone was very friendly and the service exceptional. Do not miss this gem if you like home cooked food and good value for money.

I will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2013
Newmarket, Canada
“Don't be fooled by the convenience store!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I decided after our fourth visit to Provo to drop into Miss Moonies for ice cream. We went in and met with the owner who was very friendly. We ended up staying for lunch...what a great lunch it was!
We went out to the pool area and were very impressed!
Great food, great service and very reasonably priced.

• Visited August 2013
New York
“Like a 7-11 on steriods! Miss Moonie is the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family was in Provo for 1 week and we ended up eating here 3 times! Needless to say we were hooked from the first meal. Generous portions entrees as well as 2 sides for 10-14 dollars is a steal with the prices of food on the island! They have such great variety from your typical breakfast items (eggs,sausage,etc) to jerk chicken, BBQ ribs and even turtle!

They sell everything from wine, paper towels, cigarettes to peanut butter and toothbrushes. If you need anything, Miss Moonie's has got it. Competitive prices to the items at Graceway Gourmet. Open 24 hours!

What made Miss Moonie's special for me and my family was actually getting to meet the one and only Miss Moonie! On my second visit she was sitting at one of the tables writing in a notebook. As I finished my purchase she asked "Is everything okay?" I thought she was a food critic until I asked and she was Miss Moonie. Turns out she's from NY as well.

My son was very disappointed that the day we head home was the opening of lobster season. I told Miss Moonie that we were looking forward to lobster but lobster season was pushed back to Aug 15th. Immediately, Miss Moonie told my son to come at 11am on the 15th and she would have a minced lobster dish for him to take on the plane. We showed up that morning before our flight and picked up the dish freshly prepared from Miss Moonie herself. We were very satisfied with everything Miss Moonie has done.

• Visited August 2013