“Just like Mamma made it!”
Review of Miss Moonies - CLOSED

Miss Moonies
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Great restaurant. If you like good home cooking don't miss Miss Moonies. I had the oxtail with okra rice, macaroni and cheese and cabbage. Everything was outstanding. I actually got a second order of cabbage.

My wife had ribs, macaroni and cheese and corn on the cob. The meat was tender it virtually fell off the bone. She said everything was deelish.

We were so lucky and felt so privileged. We got to meet Miss Moonie and her family. She was so friendly and welcoming and sitting at the table right next to us.

Everyone was very friendly and the service exceptional. Do not miss this gem if you like home cooked food and good value for money.

I will definitely be back.

There are newer reviews for Miss Moonies

Reviewed August 22, 2013

My husband and I decided after our fourth visit to Provo to drop into Miss Moonies for ice cream. We went in and met with the owner who was very friendly. We ended up staying for lunch...what a great lunch it was!
We went out to the pool area and were very impressed!
Great food, great service and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

My family was in Provo for 1 week and we ended up eating here 3 times! Needless to say we were hooked from the first meal. Generous portions entrees as well as 2 sides for 10-14 dollars is a steal with the prices of food on the island! They have such great variety from your typical breakfast items (eggs,sausage,etc) to jerk chicken, BBQ ribs and even turtle!

They sell everything from wine, paper towels, cigarettes to peanut butter and toothbrushes. If you need anything, Miss Moonie's has got it. Competitive prices to the items at Graceway Gourmet. Open 24 hours!

What made Miss Moonie's special for me and my family was actually getting to meet the one and only Miss Moonie! On my second visit she was sitting at one of the tables writing in a notebook. As I finished my purchase she asked "Is everything okay?" I thought she was a food critic until I asked and she was Miss Moonie. Turns out she's from NY as well.

My son was very disappointed that the day we head home was the opening of lobster season. I told Miss Moonie that we were looking forward to lobster but lobster season was pushed back to Aug 15th. Immediately, Miss Moonie told my son to come at 11am on the 15th and she would have a minced lobster dish for him to take on the plane. We showed up that morning before our flight and picked up the dish freshly prepared from Miss Moonie herself. We were very satisfied with everything Miss Moonie has done.

2  Thank familytravlerNewYork
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Really good island food at a very reasonable price! Miss Moonie's is a 24 hour "convenience store" with a restaurant inside. Doesn't look like much from the outside. But the great majority of cars and people that you will see there are locals (go at lunchtime and you'll see lots of workers & staff from businesses, dive masters, etc). Menu for the day is posted outside and inside. Walk up to the "hot table" glass case and look over the offerings for the day .... jerk chicken (excellent!), BBQ chicken, pork chops, fried fish (excellent!), peas and rice, plantains, mac & cheese, mixed veggies, corn on the cob, etc. Choose your entree (priced around $9-10 per large portion) and any sides ($1-2 each) to design your own meal. They will package it to go or serve it up pretty on a plate. There's a few tables inside in the A/C or step out back where you'll find a nice swimming pool with tables under an awning to relax and enjoy your meal. They also offer ice cream! We stopped several times just for the ice cream! A big scoop (big enough to share) in a cup for just $2. A great deal (and the strawberry was really good!) This is a great find for lunch or dinner for a budget night, and it's good for families too. The staff is really nice too!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Must try their food at the fish fry at a minimum. Fresh fish and generous portions! We had the fresh grilled fish, macaroni casserole and conch fritters...delectable!!