“Highly overrated spa”

The Spa at Regent Palms, Turks and Caicos
More attraction details
Owner description: Our signature spa arrival experience includes a cooling welcome towel saturated in cold water with a signature essential oil blend of lavender, clove, eucalyptus and grapefruit. We offer cold and hot organic teas while the guest experiences a scent journey in preparation for their transformational spa experience. The spa also celebrates food through a healthy lunch menu offered from our award winning restaurant Parallel 23, a culinary experience not to be missed. The cuisine is simple, incorporating fresh healthy ingredients that serve to renew physical and mental energy, and allow creativity and spirit to enhance every meal. In addition we have male and female sauna, steam rooms, and outdoor showers. Our relaxation area is an open area with Taj Mahal inspired reflecting pool that transports you to an oasis of tranquility as you enjoy the cool breeze of the Caribbean, blissful water sounds, and sense of place created by the beautiful colonial architecture and tropical landscape of the Spa facility.Every spa experience is unique and customized to our guests needs. Our treatment menu highlights 4 signature experiences merging Eastern and Western ingredients and modalities. Our signature Caribbean services were created exclusively for the Spa including the Mother of Pearl which includes a crushed conch polish performed in our Vichy Shower room and the Zareeba, an authentically Caribbean ritual which incorporates mediation, a unique steam detox experience with a massage. The newly added eastern modalities include the Soothing Escape, an Asian inspired foot ritual with reflexology and Pearl and Water Lily Passage, a truly full body experience with both a facial and hormonal balancing body treatment.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I was expecting much more from the #1 Spa in the carribean(as they had rated it on the brochure and website). I usually don't go to spas on vacation but since there was so much hype about this spa that I decided to treat myself. I wanted to do the Island wrap body massage but when I called the lady said that they don't have it anymore( then why is it listed?) and recommended the Tropical rain or something like that.
The pictures looked wonderful but when I went in I wasn't in awe and there were no infinity pool like in the picture. Also, since the resort itself is located beachfront on Grace Bay you would think that they would design the massage rooms in the spa so you can hear the ocean or atleast see some views from the windows. They were regular massage rooms, with closed doors and windows, no sun or ocean views whatsoever. The actual massage itself was very good but I get the same massage at my regular day spa where I live for 1/3 the price I paid at the Regent Spa. In my opinion, it is highly overpriced for the service provided.

3  Thank Pria01
There are newer reviews for The Spa at Regent Palms, Turks and Caicos

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Don't believe the reviews. The women's locker room is poor. Service in the spa wasn't good. The steam and sauna was not hot at all. Could be so much better. The couples massage was nothing special.

3  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I only had one spa service while visiting the Regent Palms but if you only get to have one - this just might be the one to have. I chose the Balinese Massage. But let's start at the beginning. The Spa itself is lovely. The dressing room is small, but the welcome is warm, and like most spas you are provided a locker, robe, and slippers. You are then shown to the waiting area, quiet zone, or whatever you call it - and in this case...its just lovely. A reflecting pool in the center of a courtyard surrounded by lush foliage. You're shown to your lounge chair and brought a cool scented cloth and lemon water. Get there early and really enjoy this tranquil time. I vegged for about 30 minutes. I was then greeted by Madeline, by masseuse, who led me to my private room. The stone room was large with very high ceilings with one end having a glass wall that had a view into a garden with flowers. There was a glass shower in the room as well - which would be part of the treatment. The treatment begins with you under a sheet face down on the table and being the recipient of a full body coconut scrub. This woman's got some muscles, too. Part scrub, part vigorous massage. This is followed by the full body application of a warm carrot mash which is supposed to seal in the coconut oil and be a bit of a tan-booster. At this point, I smelled like a side-dish I made for Thanksgiving dinner; it feels good and warm when first applied, but then gets a little cold and crumbly, and a dare say, uncomfortable. OK, nothing good ever comes easy. I was then tightly warpped in the sheet and covered with some sort of warm tarp. Sorry for another food reference, but I felt a little like a baked potato. This is also not for the claustrophobic. I just decided to give myself over to it. The plan is for you to stay wrapped like this, with cool cucumbers and a cool cloth placed over your eyes, in the dark for 15 minutes. The first few minutes were rough but then I just let myself relax, breathing in the vegetable I had become. At some point I got a wicked itch on my face, and that was a test of mind over matter to let it pass. It did. (Insert some sort of life metaphor here.) I think I might have slept for a few minutes and then Madeline returned to unwrap me, and I entered the shower and rinsed while she cleaned the room and prepared the table again for my massage. Madeline had asked what I wanted to focus on, and I opted for back, neck and shoulders. She seemed to hit all areas of my body, however - and I'm not sure how long the massage took, but it seemed like a long time. Repeating myself, she is strong and the pressure was deep and perfect. Towards the end, she did an number of arm and back stretches which were great finishing touches. By the time she was done, I was so smooth, I practically slid off the table. Returning to the ladies area, I took a quick steam and sauna, and then took the loveliest of outdoor showers - actually enclosed on all sides but open to the evening sky at the top. Love that. The spa has all the lotions and products to get yourself ready to dress for dinner right from the spa. I left looking and feeling great.

7  Thank Imtraveling4u
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We booked a couples massage for 90 min. We wanted to do it up right while in Turks and we were NOT dissappointed. To start our session, we were led into the locker rooms where we were given robes and towels and told we could either steam, or sauna, or both, before our treatment. Both are fantastic. Next a shower to cool off and get ready for our treatment. After the shower, we were led to our spa lounges where we drank spa water, looked over the zen type water feature and listened to the water features and the ocean breezes. Trying not to fall asleep in this relaxing environment, we were soon met by our therapists who led us into our couples massage room. These ladies were -very- able to meet any pressure demand for man or woman. I am a deep tissue type guy and Shawanna (sp) was able to meet even my most demanding needs. Her hands were soo strong and she knew just when to back off so the pressure did not get to the pain mode. The service here is incredible. After our treatment, another shower to wash. Next a short walk back into the Regent Palms resort to watch the sunset, sip on a beverage and decide when to book this experience again. I can say that this massage was one of the best I have ever had. This is a very romantic couples experience that you will be talking about for a lifetime. Do not miss this !!!!

2  Thank jhaleyusa
Reviewed August 13, 2012

When we arrived and were given a tour of the property we were told this spa was voted #2 in the Caribbean (I think they said Caribbean). None the less, a #2 rating sounds great so I booked my appointment for a regular hour massage.

While it was a nice spa and my masseuse did a great job, I'm not sure what exactly is so special about the place. I've definitely seen nicer facilities...

The view for lounging prior to the treatment was very relaxing and I liked that each room was separate, you had your own private room that wasn't attached to the others.

Overall it was a pleasant experience and I do love to see spas on all our travels around the world, however I felt it was a great deal over priced and over rated.

1  Thank lporle