“Creative and fresh cuisine”
Review of Kitchen 218

Kitchen 218
Ranked #13 of 145 Restaurants in Providenciales
Cuisines: Caribbean, French, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Beach House Restaurant on Providenciales in Turks and Caicos is now Kitchen 218, featuring a new menu, enhanced decor and a culinary club. The restaurant is known for its creative cuisine with a twist of Turks and Caicos. The Beach House Chef will wow you with fresh ingredients bringing extraordinary flavors to you. Ask for the Chef's Table for a truly memorable experience. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner served daily plus Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays.
Delray Beach, Florida
“Creative and fresh cuisine”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We ate here two out of three nights in Provo--it was that good. We went on recommendation of our concierge at Grace Bay Club. It is an outdoor restaurant with candlelit tables providing a nice ambience by the hotel pool. Great wines available by the glass (which is nice when you don't want to overdo it). We had an incredible beet salad. The caprese was amazing also. Fish entrees were interestingly prepared in light broths, nothing heavy. Leave room for the baba au rhum dessert. It was SO delicious! Service is attentive and friendly. Truly a gourmet experience!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank julesBocaRaton_Fl
BeachHouseTCI, Manager at Kitchen 218, responded to this review, August 26, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback. What an honour to have served you twice during your short stay on the island. Our chef and his team are so pleased that you enjoyed the way we prepare our dishes and thank you for your comment on the wine list. We have also passed along your compliments to our service team who truly appreciate you taking the time to share your impressions. And I could not agree with you more on the Baba, featuring the finest rums from Turks and Caicos.

Kindest regards

JS Richer
Dir. of Food & Beverage

Providenciales
“Refreshing menu and ambience”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

At last a different style of resturant on island and to go along with it good service, the menu is very different but not complex and "frighteneing', if there were any doubts these we're quickly cleared up by the attentive staff.
The food a medley of different flavours and was very very good, definetly the best we have had on island and that is so refreshing.
In all the evening was a relaxing and fun occasion, we all came away wondering when we can make it back to try something else.
The Lobster Medley was fantastic, with a choice of ten individual dishes, which can be a starter or a couple as mid course, or six or more as a main, each with it's uniquely different flavour, Lobster Sashimi to Lobster Mac & Cheese as a couple of examples.
We also had the Duck and Pork dishes which were excellent too.
To top it off the wine list was very good and varied with great choices from around the world to compliment the menu, and not forgetting the deserts which were to die for.
Great all round and very much looking forward to returning.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank rwfhalliday
Our team truly appreciates your comments. We specialize in farm to table and unique experiences; we are always cooking up new ideas in order to have our guests discover different perspectives. For example we just launched Chef Eric's surprise menu: a five course menu that is guided by Eric's brio and in the moment inspiration. Also, you will be pleased to know that the more popular dishes found on our fresh Caicos lobster menu are now on our dinner menu. Our team looks forward to helping you create your next memorable dining moment.

Kindest regards

JS Richer
Dir. of Food & Beverage
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic restaurant!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I just returned from Turks and Caicos. We were staying at the West Bay Club which is right next door to the Beach House. We walked over one evening on our way to another restaurant to check out the menu - we discovered the Chef Eric was French but had spent a number of years in Montreal. Given that we are Canadian, and we know how fabulous the restaurants are in Montreal, we decided to try it out the following evening.
Believe me when I tell you, you will not be disappointed with the restaurant. The service was excellent and the food was even better. I started out with the Butternet Squash ravioli and my husband had the crispy prawn - yummy!!! For our mains, I had duck which was fantastic and my husband had the snapper.
The ambiance was lovely and warm and I know that when we come back to Turks & Caicos, the Beach House will be the place to eat in Providenciales.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Audrey R
BeachHouseTCI, Manager at Kitchen 218, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. Although it is quite the challenge to offer a farm to table concept in Turks and Caicos, it is people like you that make it all worth while.
We look forward to serving you again.
Your Beach House team
Keswick, United Kingdom
“New Beach House restaurant”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

The restaurant is located in the pool area of the Beach House hotel. It is all outdoor seating, some tables are under a covered patio. Just to be clear, the restaurant is not on the beach.

As an appetizer I had the conch salad which is served in rice paper, similar to Vietnamese summer rolls. The salad consisted of cucumber, avocado, red bell pepper, tomato, obviously some fresh conch and lemon juice. It was supposed to have cilantro in it, but it didn't. I told the waitress. She apologized, said she would let the chef know. I never heard anything back.
Overall it only tasted OK, due to the lack of the usual cilantro, red onion, chili.

My lunch entree was the Philly Panini with homemade fries. Fresh Panini bread (homemade?) with juicy steak, caramelized onions and Gruyere cheese. I didn't taste the horseradish that was listed on the menu. It was quite good, fries were soggy, but I appreciate the fact that they were made from scratch.

The service was very attentive. However, I thought I might meet the chef since they just opened up and there were only two other tables occupied on a Sunday afternoon.

I loved the tropical, yet contemporary atmosphere.
Will be back!

• Visited July 2012
BeachHouseTCI, Online Community Manager at Kitchen 218, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you very much for your critique. We always welcome positive feedback. I will be sure to pass your comments along to Chef Eric. Hope to see you back here soon.
Hampshire
“Best Restaurant I have eaten in - EVER!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

this has just re opened, and whilst we didn't actually stay there, we tried the restaurant. I have been lucky enough to have had the opportunity to eat at some of the best places in the world ( do love corporate entertainment!!) and this ranks up there with the best. The service was warm friendly and attentive without getting in the way (dinner for 2 should be a romantic event, not shared with the waiter!). The menu was extensive, I had Scallops to start, and had to stop myself licking the plate, my other half had prawns, ditto the plate licking, grouper for main course and the acid test of any restaurant, crème brulee for dessert. I really couldn't find fault with any of it.

We particularly liked the culture and ethos of the place, they only serve local fresh produce, so if the fish haven't been caught that morning then the menu changes. Another interesting touch is the cocktail menu. Rather than choose a specific drink, you can choose a base (rum, whisky, vodka, or whatever), add a twist, so fruity, sweet, sour, etc and a clincher so frozen, on the rocks, etc. then sit back and wait for the creation to arrive - you wont be disappointed.

Well worth a visit if you are on Provo, we will certainly be going back there at the first opportunity.

2 Thank AliGHampshire
Thank you for such a great review. It is so rewarding to hear that all of our hard work opening up the new restaurant is making people happy. We look forward to seeing you soon.