“New Beach House restaurant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kitchen 218

Kitchen 218
Ranked #39 of 135 Restaurants in Providenciales
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, Contemporary, Gluten Free Options
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Beach House Restaurant on Providenciales in Turks and Caicos is now Kitchen 218, featuring a new menu, enhanced decor and a culinary club. The restaurant is known for its creative cuisine with a twist of Turks and Caicos. The Beach House Chef will wow you with fresh ingredients bringing extraordinary flavors to you. Ask for the Chef's Table for a truly memorable experience. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner served daily plus Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays.
Keswick, United Kingdom
“New Beach House restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

The restaurant is located in the pool area of the Beach House hotel. It is all outdoor seating, some tables are under a covered patio. Just to be clear, the restaurant is not on the beach.

As an appetizer I had the conch salad which is served in rice paper, similar to Vietnamese summer rolls. The salad consisted of cucumber, avocado, red bell pepper, tomato, obviously some fresh conch and lemon juice. It was supposed to have cilantro in it, but it didn't. I told the waitress. She apologized, said she would let the chef know. I never heard anything back.
Overall it only tasted OK, due to the lack of the usual cilantro, red onion, chili.

My lunch entree was the Philly Panini with homemade fries. Fresh Panini bread (homemade?) with juicy steak, caramelized onions and Gruyere cheese. I didn't taste the horseradish that was listed on the menu. It was quite good, fries were soggy, but I appreciate the fact that they were made from scratch.

The service was very attentive. However, I thought I might meet the chef since they just opened up and there were only two other tables occupied on a Sunday afternoon.

I loved the tropical, yet contemporary atmosphere.
Will be back!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
BeachHouseTCI, Online Community Manager at Kitchen 218, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you very much for your critique. We always welcome positive feedback. I will be sure to pass your comments along to Chef Eric. Hope to see you back here soon.

Hampshire
“Best Restaurant I have eaten in - EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

this has just re opened, and whilst we didn't actually stay there, we tried the restaurant. I have been lucky enough to have had the opportunity to eat at some of the best places in the world ( do love corporate entertainment!!) and this ranks up there with the best. The service was warm friendly and attentive without getting in the way (dinner for 2 should be a romantic event, not shared with the waiter!). The menu was extensive, I had Scallops to start, and had to stop myself licking the plate, my other half had prawns, ditto the plate licking, grouper for main course and the acid test of any restaurant, crème brulee for dessert. I really couldn't find fault with any of it.

We particularly liked the culture and ethos of the place, they only serve local fresh produce, so if the fish haven't been caught that morning then the menu changes. Another interesting touch is the cocktail menu. Rather than choose a specific drink, you can choose a base (rum, whisky, vodka, or whatever), add a twist, so fruity, sweet, sour, etc and a clincher so frozen, on the rocks, etc. then sit back and wait for the creation to arrive - you wont be disappointed.

Well worth a visit if you are on Provo, we will certainly be going back there at the first opportunity.

2 Thank AliGHampshire
Thank you for such a great review. It is so rewarding to hear that all of our hard work opening up the new restaurant is making people happy. We look forward to seeing you soon.