“Super Snorkeling!”

$109.99*
and up
Grand Turk Supreme Snorkeling Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: An underwater paradise of coral reefs.
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Probably the best snorkeling I have done, and I have done some great snorkeling! It is not crowded, and the reef is very accessable, just a few feet from the beach, starting in shallow water. There is a marked snorkeling trail around a closed off circle inside of a roped off area. The waves are small and the current is not strong. The reef is pretty and colorful, and we saw many sea creatures of different shapes sizes and colors, including lots of cool coral, sea cucumbers, flounders, sting rays, sea turtles, TONS of parrotfish, queen triggerfish, queen angelfish, groupers, snappers, trumpetfish, and even BARRACUDAS! We loved it so much we came back again three times the same week. The only negative thing I have to say is the reef is near an old unfinished hotel that is supposedly home to homeless people. Not very pleasant. Still, the Bight Reef is definitely worth seeing!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was the reason I chose to pay a high price and go with the Windsong Resort. I wish I would have know that the resort provided the life vests for free earlier. By the time I figure it out...I was out of breath from all the snorkeling I did earlier. Water kept getting in my equipment but I see that's normal. I wish I would have had more guts to go out further where I hear there were sea turtles and more fish. I still enjoyed it very much.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

After reading about this spot on TripAdvisor, we decided to spend an afternoon walking down to check it out. From the Beaches resort it was about a 10-15 walk. When we got to the spot, a lot of the reef was accessible very close to shore in shallow water. Having gone with my family (kids 9/11 and husband who can't swim) we all stayed pretty close to the shore. My son had a great time floating and checking out pretty good amount of fish up close and personal, while my daughter and husband, who haven't mastered the art of floating on your stomach with no life jacket, felt very uncomfortable. Since the reef starts in the shallow water, you have to try not to brush or kick it when it's 6 inches under your belly. Kinda awkward. I guess if we had gone at the reef from the side instead of the shoreline, we might have had more luck in that department. Regardless, it was worth spending an hour walking back and forth down the beach and checking out some fish.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We snorkeled almost every day in TCI with varying degrees of success. The sad fact is there doesn't seem to be enough living coral and living reefs around.
This area, however, is well protected and close to the shore. (So well protected, actually, that there was an employee with a bullhorn yelling at people who went inside the ropes off area and put it at risk.
From outside the roped area, however, we were able to see dozens of large parrot fish and schools of other fish munching in coral. It was really enjoyable and shows what properly maintained undersea ecosystems can offer.
This area and Smith's Reef were our favorites.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We paid for two snorkeling trips and I would have to say that we could have saved our money on the one to French Cay and just come to Bight Reef. We saw a grouper, sea turtle, tons of fish and beautiful coral. We came back twice. Definitely a must see! @

1  Thank AdventureQueen12