“Wonderful trip!”

Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Chicago
“Wonderful trip!”
Reviewed July 18, 2006

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon in the T&C's. What a beautiful island, and Grace Bay Beach was just gorgeous! Our week at the Turks and Caicos Club was perfect- exactly what we were looking for (and it certainly didn't hurt that they graciously upgraded our room from a garden view to an ocean view!). We chose this hotel based on what we had read on this site- that it was quiet, intimate, and located on a more remote section of the beach- we were not disappointed! It was wonderful- the staff was great (especially the front desk staff), and the hotel itself was very nice. I wouldn't call the accomodations luxurious, but definitely nice and comfortable. It was very quiet, and there were some days that we had the beach to ourselves- it was wonderful- so relaxing. It was nice to have the kitchen (we ate lunches in every day) and the spacious porch was great for our nightly cocktails overlooking the ocean. Simba, the restaurant onsite, was pretty good- not fabulous, but very convenient. I know some people who've written have been underwhelmed by the level of service in terms of people coming around to take drink orders, etc. while you're at the beach, pool, etc. but I just don't think it's that kind of place. If you're looking to be waited on and pampered, this hotel might not be for you, but if you're looking for somewhere very nice and quiet (without many interruptions from staff, etc.) this is the place to be. This is not to say that the staff was lacking- they are just more quietly attentive- definitely not intrusive. We just loved it! The only thing I'd give a heads-up to future guests- looks like there will be a resort going up next door soon. There is construction all over the island, so you probably can't escape it, but the T&C Club won't be quite as remote/quiet once they have a sizeable next door neighbor.
All in all, we had a fantastic trip and loved the hotel. We highly recommend it to anyone looking for some peace and quiet and relaxing time on a gorgeous beach.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
146 Thank vacationer526

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Wayne, PA
Reviewed July 14, 2006

I had initially excluded this resort as I thought it was out of our price range, but the two free nights and off season rates made it affordable. We opted for the ocean view (actually pool side) to keep the cost down. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a 3rd floor ocean front room, no additional cost. With only 21 rooms, and just 6 two bedroom suites, I was not counting on the upgrade but it made our vacation (thank you Sonya). The airport transfers, to and from, were flawless as were the US Airways flights direct from/to PHL. Our family of 5 had a two bedroom suite with a roll out bed for the 7 year old that fit well in the second BR with her two sisters who each had a twin bed. The master suite was very nice, not overly large and opulent, but nice. The king size bed was very comfortable as my wife and I slept well which is rare for us when we travel. The resort is only 3.5 years old, so everything was in excellent condition. They provide housekeeping twice a day, but we frequently declined the afternoon service but gladly accepted additional towels. The kitchen was fully equiped and we uitlized it for early morning coffee, lunches and cocktails. The washer and dryer also came in handy around day 4 as the laundry accumulated rapidly. The complementary breakfast was actually very good. I had expected a plate of bagels, coffee and some fruit but it was a full, hot menu. The pool was nice and used more than I had expected as there were some other families there with younger children. We used the pool daily, but spent 90% of our time on the beach, and what a beach! We had selected this location to be close to the reef and away from the more crowded resort areas to the east. The beach was well maintained and offered a variety of kayaks, sailboards and a hobiecat. They also have snorkel gear if you don't bring your own and I was impressed to see that any used equipment was thoroughly cleaned each day. Another nice touch was the basket of beach toys for the younger ones. We did bring our own rafts which was a good decision. The service, as I had read, was ready to assist with anything but was not intrusive. The owner, Rebecca, was out and about checking on every last detail. She would frequently ask if we needed anything and was truly interested in items that required attention. When we told her that the quality of the french toast had declined during our stay, she made a note and mentioned that she had been working on improving that. Simba had recently changed management only 3 weeks prior and was "good" overall although we only ate dinner there twice. Development and construction was not active on either side of the resort, but it's coming and will become an issue. While snorkeling at Coral Gardens the din of a jackhammer was active during the day and I felt relieved that I had done my homework and knew that CG was sandwiched by two active constructions sites. One last word, the front desk was top notch. Alvado and Sonya took care of everything, from any reservation we requested to movie rentals. They even scheduled a doctors appointment for our daughter. The T & C Club was awesome and we highly recommend it for anyone.

• Stayed July 2006
137 Thank Whitecap
Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Turks and Caicos Club over the 4th of July. Overall, it was a great hotel. Be sure you give the hotel your arrival time (we booked through travelocity and the hotel didn't know our flight time nor knew how to contact us b/c travelocity failed to return the hotel's emails). Anyway, we ended up without a ride and there aren't many taxies at the airport, believe it or not. When we did find a taxi, he didn't want to give us a ride since Turks and Caicos Club used a different taxi driver for their transportation.

Anyway, the resort was very nice, with only 21 suites, and it was very secluded. There's construction all over the place, however, so who knows how long it's going to be secluded. There's not much construction around the Turks and Caicos club compared to other resorts. Just out of curiousity, my hsuband and I had lunch at the poolside bar at Grace Bay Club. That resort is way too big, they no longer have the "adults only hotel" and the beach is very packed, even at 5, when a lot of people are getting ready for dinner. There's also a ton of construction going on both on and around the Grace Bay Club. This makes the Turks and Caicos Club seem much nicer.

A couple of bad things though...There's a public beach access by the resort and on one of the days we were there, some locals had a HUGE party on the beach, all day. Their rap music was so loud it would vibrate our suite, and we didn't have a beach front suite. We complained and the resort management supposedly called the police, but nothing was ever done about it. There always seemed to be loud locals at the public beach access, but the beach is still really secluded compared to others.

I completely agree with a previous reviewer who said the restaurant had some flaws. First of all, it's literally just for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We were never offered a poolside drink and they don't serve any "bar food," such as chips and salsa. We would go diving in the morning and get back from diving at 3 at the earliest and we'd just be out of luck at the resort. We'd have to go somewhere else to eat. I understand the restaurant closing at "off" times, but it would be nice if they had some type of snack. We ended up going to the grociery store and buying snacks (pretzels, chips and salsa, etc.).

One last complaint that I have about the resort: I went with my husband to get away from the daily grind. We figured a resort that advertises itself as being remote, secluded, peaceful would be just the perfect place. Well, we couldn't really relax in the pool because there were always kids screaming and splashing around. We couldn't really enjoy a drink by the pool bar without hearing "Marco", "Polo" screamed from the pool. We really wish the resort at least had a minimum age requirement.

As for the island itself, I definitely recomend renting a car. Also, the beaches were beautiful (and I'm very picky about beaches) and the diving was terrific. We used Dive Provo and I did have some problems with my BC although I don't know if it was the rented BC or me (even though I've NEVER had a diving problem before and Dive Provo's rental BCs only have one release valve though, as opposed to the newer ones which have two). The Turks and Caicos Club information book in our suite also warned us against walking on the beach after dark. I do have to admit that the island was a bit seedy compared to Grand Cayman, but it still wasn't that bad. I'd definitely go back, and I would stay at the Turks and Caicos Club again most likely.

• Stayed July 2004