“3rd Time...We Can't Stay Away!”

Beach House Turks & Caicos
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Texas
“3rd Time...We Can't Stay Away!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I recently returned from our third trip to TCI. Once again, for the third time, we chose Beach House. Honestly, we just couldn't imagine staying anywhere else. We love this place so much.

And just when I think it can't get any better, the folks at Beach House step it up another level. Always looking for new ways to pamper their guests, our friends at Beach House were tenacious in their quest to ensure our time spent there was blissfully unforgettable.
We were welcomed like old friends with genuine hospitality, handshakes and hugs. We absolutely LOVE the girls in the office. Hendrika and Maradonna are so much fun to be around! I love to pop in and visit with them during our stay. Questions about anything on the island? These are your go-to girls. These ladies have always been so very helpful and kind to us. I hate that we missed sweet Vanessa this trip! We were glad to meet Vanencia, who helped us (speedily and efficiently) check in with refreshing drinks, and cold towels. In a split second, our luggage and groceries were unloaded from our car, and whisked away upstairs to the second floor.

This visit, we stayed in Driftwood. Just like always, our room was spotless and perfect. We even had a complimentary bottle of "Welcome Back" champagne chilled and waiting for us. Every day we had fresh flowers, sweet notes and and little prizes, and housekeeping was again impeccable. We enjoyed seeing the upgrades here and there... extra towels, new furniture and fresh pops of color in the decor. Vianel and his team are constantly listening to guests' feedback, and improving what is already the epitome of paradise.

The restaurant was once again a delectable experience, and the service was (as always) friendly and prompt. We are looking forward to the beachside grill for lunch on our next visit! The morning "crew" is awesome. The beautiful Janet, who never seems to have a bad day, is another wonderful source of island info and recommendations.
Okay, so here is the deal... At BH, the real fun begins... well, down on the beach. In all honesty, this is the true reason we keep coming back to BH over and over again. As if the soft, white sand, and sparkling turquoise water aren't enough to beckon your return, the characters down seaside will keep you coming back to BH forever! If you haven't already figured it out from previous reviews, Roger, Sherman and Johana are the heartbeat of this place! Constantly working hard to set the stage for your perfect beach experience, these three are ALWAYS in tune to their guests' needs, and somehow manage to be constantly available, without being intrusive with regards to privacy. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Johana's rum punches are the best I've ever had... ever. And who can resist that smile? Roger and Sherman keep us in stitches with their hilarious antics and all the while remaining first and foremost, the consummate professionals that they are. The new beach pods are so posh and comfy; perfect for sun-seekers and shade lovers alike. Get Roger to take you on the Hobie Cat, or give it a go yourself! New paddleboards are great, and the snorkeling equipment is always clean and ready to go. Oh, and Jasmine (who gave my husband a most remarkable massage) now offers her wonderful services beachside, under a breezy gazebo.

For us, Beach House sets the standard for the ultimate vacation spot. It's a great getaway for couples, as it is perfectly suited for romance. It's also a fantastic option for families with (hopefully well-behaved) kiddos, interested in exposing their children to the organic beauty of Provo (sand, sea, fishing, snorkeling etc.) as opposed to the mayhem of a Beaches Resort type of scene.

Thank you Vianel and Beach House team for yet another unforgettable experience. Your dedication to customer service is like none we've ever seen. We will return again and again!

Room Tip: We love both the first and second floor suites. First floor is great for easy beach access. Second f...
4 Thank jackandtomsmom
Resort_Team, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for once again staying at beach House. We are so truly appreciate of your repeat visits and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon, and until then send you our very best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 29, 2014

My wife and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at the Beach House and could not have been happier. The location has their beach laid out with each of the 21 suites having their own area of the beach which makes it feel very private. The staff was awesome, very helpful with suggestions of where to snorkel or any other activity we did. You only have to mention what you would like to do and they help you make all the reservations and set up taxi etcetera. The fact that the management staff was daily visible and attentive to how our experience was proceeding was very comforting. The rooms are fantastic with large balconies which was a centerpiece in our evenings. There is plenty of night life close by if you wish to you can just be alone on your balcony for an evening also. I would highly recommend the private beach table dinner, we did this and it was a great experience. I will be staying at the Beach House during any future visits to TCI.

Thank you everyone at the Beach House for making our vacation such a great experience.

Room Tip: The second and third floor suites facing the ocean have the best views and you are protected from th...
1 Thank daniel w
We were so pleased to help you celebrate your 25th anniversary, and we send you our very best wishes for many more years of happiness together. Thank you for your positive review and we hope you will celebrate future anniversaries with us.
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was a guest at Alexandra Resort this past April, which has a reciprocal agreement with The Beach House property, that you can go stay on their beach, use their amenities, etc. and I must tell you that I enjoyed the Beach House property tremendously. Fewer people, more solitude, EXTREMELY friendly and helpful beach attendant service...they gave us mango pops as we sat on their lounge chairs for goodness sakes, and icy cold towels to cool our boiling faces! I did not receive that sort of treatment at the Alexandras Beach...in fact, not once did anyone come by and ask if we wanted anything from the bar or restaurant...The Beach House atttendants did, and to me, thats what I like on vacation - to be spoken to and make new friends with people who live there...they were so friendly and niceat the Beach House - and it was gorgeous!. The Alexandra people, from the front desk, to the maids, to the wait staff, could seem to not really see you - or speak to you even...it was odd.
The ALex has lovely lively beach, lots of chairs and umbrellas, nice room, although small, (mango reef studio I had), good restaurant...no complaints - I just wish they were friendlier. I would stay at Beach House if I went back...My 17 year old son - well he would stay at the Alex again - he didnt care about beach service, etc...he just liked the more lively, active beach scene - to each his own I suppose!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and received excellent service, and sorry that our sister property the Alexandra Resort did not equally meet your service expectations. We hope you will stay with us again at Beach House, and will follow up with the team at the Alexandra Resort regarding your feedback.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 26, 2014

The Beach House was great. It was the perfect size: never too crowded on the beach or at the restaurant or pool, but enough people around to not feel deserted. Staff was very friendly and helped us make dinner reservations and answered our questions. Location could not have been beat.

A very relaxing and comfortable stay!

One small, but weird thing: There was no hand soap in the bathrooms!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank businesstrvlr82
We appreciate receiving your kind review. Please stay with us again!
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed May 24, 2014

First of all, the staff at the Beach House are all absolutely wonderful. The food in the restaurant (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and the drinks from the bar are very, very good. In fact, the picnic lunch we had was one of the best meals of the trip. Moreover, the location is great. Nevertheless, there are a number of issues of which you should be aware. My wife and I stayed there several years ago and loved everything about it. Consequently, we decided to return. To say we were surprised would be an understatement.

It appears the property changed ownership in the interim time since we were there before. The new management changed the entire motif of the rooms from "classic Caribbean" to something close to what might be classified as "Euro-modern". In our opinion, a very grave mistake. All of the suites' bathrooms have been painted bright orange which does not lend itself to a woman successfully being able to put on make-up, etc. (Ingrid D notes in her review that the bathroom had "a pop of color" - certainly a masterful understatement). Even if a woman could do her makeup in there, there is no make-up mirror in the bathroom to assist in the process. The rain shower, although nice, is just that - a rain shower with no hand-held sprayer and no bench or seat. There is no tub. Guys don't really care about such things, but women do. The full kitchen of old has been replaced with a "kitchenette" comprised of a microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker. Neither stove nor dishwasher on site. You can, of course, wash any used dishes in the sink. In fact, you better since if you don't and housekeeping is required to do so there is an extra charge for that service. While the in-room washer/dryer of old has been removed, there is free access to such on site, but bring you own detergent. The small dining table and chairs formerly on the outside porch (as well as the comfortable ceiling fan) have all been removed, effectively eliminating any real opportunity to dine outside when the weather permitted.

The first night we were there the power went out completely in the bathroom and the bedroom. My wife discovered this problem around 2:30 a.m. I called the reception desk but no one was present to answer the call. There was no indication of an "emergency" number to call if there was a problem in the middle of the night. I got dressed and walked to the reception room, but it was dark and no one was around. I walked around the property, but there was no one to assist. I went back to the room and searched around until I found the breaker box hidden behind a large framed picture. Fortunately, I was able to find the problem and get the lights back on. It was good that our problem was not more serious given the fact there was no one available to help.

Midway through the trip a very bad smell crept into our room. We suspect, but don't know conclusively (no one would admit or deny) that the smell emanated from a dead rodent. I reported the issue and maintenance came to the room. They ostensibly removed the offending whatever, plugged in an electric air freshener, and lit a scented candle. While this helped somewhat, it essentially only masked the odor which continued to linger for the rest of our stay. No further assistance was offered and there was no follow-up to gauge our level of satisfaction and/or dissatisfaction.

As an aside, next door to the property is an abandoned four plus story three building complex which was intended to be a luxury hotel or condominium property, but apparently fell victim to the recent economic downturn across the globe. This obviously was not caused by Beach House -TCI, but it is a concern. Vagrants and/or squatters reportedly have taken up residence there and certainly the "vacant" nature of the buildings likely give rise to the proliferation of rodents, etc. Besides, its kind of spooky and one night my wife and I saw a light coming from one of the third-floor archways.

This is a nice place and, as mentioned before, the people are wonderful and could not be nicer and more hospitable. They make the visit a very enjoyable experience. None of this review is directed towards them. Nevertheless, there are issues which ownership should and, indeed, must address. I hope this helps those looking to stay at this property.

Room Tip: Oceanfront room with a walk out to the beach.
3 Thank Appealing56
Resort_Team, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
We are very happy that you enjoyed our wonderful service, the food, and the overall Beach House experience. Thank you so much for providing us with feedback on what we can improve. We are taking your comments to heart and wholeheartedly agree with you that it would be more convenient for our guests to enjoy complimentary washing detergent, so we will be offering that moving forward. Our housekeeping staff already washes the dishes at no charge. Thank you also for your suggestion of adding make-up mirrors. We will work on that over the next couple of weeks.

We did indeed make a number of updates to the Beach House in order to keep the design fresh and current. One of these updates was to replace the African safari décor with a light and airy beach feeling. It is our aim to offer a "Hamptons meets the Caribbean" atmosphere. The Beach House is one of the few properties on Grace Bay that has no neighbors on either side, giving our guests a very private beach experience, especially given that you are sharing it with only 20 other pampering pods that are dedicated to each suite.

We do apologize that you were inconvenienced by an unpleasant odor; the source of which we have been able to determine was a faulty air vent (no rodents involved.) The fact that our night service man was not available when you were in need will be addressed accordingly. We hope to see you again soon.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I recently spent 6 days at the Beach House with my 2 sisters. My experience left me speechless. From the moment we stepped foot on the property the staff was welcoming, kind, and extremely attentive. Our greeter gave us a personal tour on the grounds and introduced us to staff. The beach staff was the best. Sherman was the highlight of our stay. From his cheerful demeanor to his attentive beachside manner, he was always appearing at just the right time, providing water when we appeared parched, a light afternoon treat of freshly made fruit Popsicles and cool aromatic face towels to refresh us late afternoon. The property manager was visible and active in the daily routines giving the property a family feel. We had an Ocean front room on he forts floor that was bigger than many of my early apartments. The outdoor sitting area was equally spacious and comfortable. We thoroughly enjoy sitting out on the cushioned day bed both early morning and evening just listening to the sounds of the waves. We will definitely be returning next year and hopefully many more after. This was an amazing experience!

Room Tip: Beachfront rooms are the best, extremely spacious and very comfortable. I enjoyed the 1st floor and...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SP42377
Thank you for your positive review. Our team truly appreciated receiving your kind feedback. We hope you will stay with us again.
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I read about the Beach House from the New york times Travel section. I can only say that this trip was one of the best vacations I have ever had! The lovely ladies at the front desk made me feel at home in this lovely resort. Magic Mike was delightful and entertaining. If you are looking for a dream vacation in a beautiful spot, where you can do nothing or whatever you want at the same time The Beach House is the place.

Room Tip: Request room with an ocean view. The pool is lovely but the beach is better.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Resort_Team, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. We are so pleased that you had one of your best vacations ever with us, and we hope you will repeat that experience in the future.