This was our second year at this boutique apartment hotel, but this time under new management. That is both the good news and the bad news. I'll start with the good news. Hendrika at the front desk and Roger at the beach remained and were as warm and helpful as ever, as were most of the staff. The rooms were tastefully redecorated, and there is a new flat screen TV. On the beach the new lounges were exceedingly comfortable and you could reserve one for your stay. There is a new flat screen TV. On our lovely deck which faced the sea they have added a couch and pillows, perfect for an afternoon siesta in tranquil surroundings. Also, they added a restaurant which I have reviewed in the restaurant review section. When the DVD player didn't work, they addressed the problem promptly. Of great importance to us the free WiFi worked even from the beach..very different from last year. The peace and quiet throughout the hotel set it apart from other resorts on Grace Bay, and in my opinion that is this resort's greatest asset.
Now, for the not so good news. When I looked at the new web site this year I noticed that they did not show the part of the kitchen that had contained a 4 burner stove and oven. I inquired about this when I called about a reservation. This was very important because we book for a whole month and want to prepare two or three meals a week ourselves. They said they removed it because they now have an excellent restaurant, but if we wanted to prepare food ourselves they left the microwave. since this was not acceptable, I told them we changed our mind about making a reservation. They said they would buy us a two burner hot plate, and assured us that everything else in the kitchen remained the same as last year...that is, fully equipped. So, we agreed to come. Well, the microwave was useless since they had removed all microwave pots and pans. Most of the kitchen implements had also been removed. There wasn't a frying pan large enough to make a simple omelet or a simple stir fry for 2 people. There were other small but significant inconveniences such as a safe on the floor of the closet in a spot that we could barely reach and only one towel rack in the bathroom. Another problem was the timing of maid service. The maid could arrive any time between ll:00 and 4:00, making it difficult to count on any privacy for a nap or a shower after the beach. We asked for some consistency and the problem was finally addressed for the lst few days of our stay. When I made the reservation I asked if the gym still had the bike and treadmill and they assured me it did, My husband needs to use the treadmill regularly, and we were taken aback to find it had been removed. Again, they were responsive to our disappointment and arranged for him to use the gym at another hotel. Again, they didn't deiver on promises, but to their credit they were responsive to most complaints.
This is a beautiful boutique hotel away from the hustle and bustle of most of Grace Bay...an island of tranquility. I hope that the new owners will work out the kinks, and also recognize that they cannot force use of the restaurant by removing basic cooking facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach House is a 21-suite resort, located directly on the white sands of Grace Bay, with a relaxing and authentically boutique atmosphere where "Rooms Have No Numbers" and there are "No Socks Allowed". Beach House Turks and Caicos exudes barefoot elegance with a focus on style, a passion for relaxation, playful attention to detail and a vigorous commitment to raising Caribbean cuisine to new heights. The 1 or 2- bedroom guest suites, each no smaller than 1,150 square-feet, have dedicated "Pampering Pods" on Grace Bay Beach. The Pods provide guests with a sense of "home on the beach" as well as a private haven for intimate relaxation and beachfront dining. Elevate Spa offers a broad array of al fresco treatment spots: in our dedicated spa treatment room, in our beachfront Beach Massage Gazebo or even in your room. Our resort offers complimentary services that include a daily breakfast credit at Kitchen 218, Wi-Fi, use of non motorized water sports and pedal bikes, a dining shuttle, and other delightful treats and services. Beach House Turks and Caicos also provides the ideal locale for weddings, corporate group buyouts and intimate retreats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotel.de, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beach House Turks & Caicos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turks And Caicos Club
- Turks & Caicos Club Hotel Providenciales
- Turks Caicos Hotel
- Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beach House Turks & Caicos Turks And Caicos/Providenciales