“Love it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Dallas, Texas
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

My husband and I just got back from an amazing honeymoon at the Beach House. We were very, very happy with everything the Beach House had to offer - we had a clean & gorgeous suite, the food was delicious, the beach was stunning and the service was amazing!

SUITE: Very nice – it felt like home (albeit it was much nicer, cleaner and had a MUCH better view)! We stayed in a 2nd floor 1/1 ocean view suite. Our room looked exactly like the pictures did online, which is pretty rare for hotels these days. The kitchenette and living room were spacious, the bedroom and bed were very comfortable, and the balcony was huge – definitely my favorite part of our suite. It had a patio table where we had breakfast every morning, and a huge daybed overlooking the beach where the both of us could lounge around and read. My only complaint was that there are no bathtubs in the 1/1 suites. The bathroom is pretty basic and only had room for a standing shower. For some reason, I assumed all the suites had bathtubs (since all the other resorts we were considering had them), so I was a little disappointed. Not a deal breaker, I just love taking baths!!

FOOD: The food (echoing all other reviewers) here is amazing! We had the complimentary breakfast every day, and a lunch picnic. We had rented a moped for the week, so we wanted to explore the rest of the island for lunch and dinner but just from the breakfast that we had at the Beach House, I really wish we had time to try out dinner there too! Everything we had was amazing, especially the Crab Benedict and the French Toast (it was soaked in some type of honey that is SO spectacular, I think it might be worth it to return just so I can have some more!). We also got a lunch picnic that we ate on the beach – it was very yummy! I was expecting just a basic sandwich lunch, but they packed us a feast! We had tomato/mozzarella salad with caviar, couscous, a huge portion of tuna tartare, 3 kinds of sandwiches – prosciutto and some type of cheese, smoked salmon & goat cheese and crabmeat & avocado and a chocolate mousse dessert cake - all for 2 people. We also received a complimentary flight & bite platter one night through a special when we booked, and that was amazing too! It came with an assortment of fish and small appetizers and 3 kinds of wine for the both of us (6 glasses total). Amazing. The only thing was we were supposed to get it upon our arrival, but they seemed to have forgotten about it until we mentioned it. They promptly sent it over the next day, however.

BEACH: The Beach House is a smaller property, only 21 suites. We walked up and down Grace Bay beach and went in and checked out a lot of other properties (Gansevoort, Beaches, Regent Palms, etc) and I have to say - Beach House was the best! I am so glad we decided to book there! Compared to all the other resorts we looked at, the beach at the Beach House was the quietest and most secluded, which was exactly what were looking for. Their “pods” were a lot nicer than a lot of other hotels and with only 21 suites, we pretty much had most of the beach to ourselves! They had a sailboat, snorkeling gear and kayaks for our use. Coral Gardens was only a few minutes walk down the beach for snorkeling. All of Grace Bay is beautiful, but the quietness of the Beach House made it even more beautiful and relaxing!

SERVICE: The staff here is very friendly, especially the ladies who come to make our room every day. They were all so sweet and very accommodating! We had a few snafus with forgotten room service in the morning, but they were fixed quickly. Room service delivery was hit or miss – funny thing was they would only give us ketchup when we didn’t order roasted potatoes, but when we did order roasted potatoes – no ketchup! They also gave us a plate of butter every day, but no bread/toast to go with it. The front desk ladies were very nice also, and helped us rent & return our moped.

Overall, it was a great trip. The only downside was on our last day. Our flight was at 4pm but we were told by the front desk that we needed to check out at 11:30am since they had our room booked for that day already. The restaurant was closed for renovations (room service only) and it was raining so we had nowhere to go except to the airport. So we ended up waiting at the airport for 4 hours instead of being able to enjoy our last day in T&C. It would have been nice if we were able to have lunch at the Beach House restaurant instead of the cramped Provo airport! We just got back but I'm already trying to convince my husband to return next year!

Room Tip: The ocean front suites are definitely worth it!
5 Thank Natalie L
BeachHouseTCI, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
We are all so pleased you had an amazing honeymoon with us.
The honey with the French toast is a lavender honey. And we will definitely work on perfecting our room service orders.
I do apologize for the inconvenience of the closed restaurant on your departure day. It was a last minute decision to build a pergola to accommodation more guests in case of rain. The renovation is complete and the next time you visit you will be able to take advantage of the larger covered seating in the restaurant.
Looking forward to your next visit,
Dir. of Hotel Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

Answer First: My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Beach House, which has the added benefit of being located one of the most beautiful ocean front spots in the Turks and Caicos Islands. From the moment when we arrived, we were greeted by a welcoming reception staff, Bianca and Judith, who escorted us to our ocean-front one bedroom unit and provided us with an introduction to our room, the premises, and beyond. The front desk team, additionally supported by Henricka, continued to provide great support throughout the week, whether it was facilitating spa services or just sending over an additional package of coffee for the room. Speaking of the room, it was a nicely furnished and very clean one bedroom unit--larger than our apartment in Tribeca--with a partial kitchen, including a refrigerator, French press coffee maker and microwave oven. There is not a stove, which I was told the units used to have. That might have been nice to enjoy an occasional "home cooked" meal (and to save on a few dollars) but the core of the Beach House is the restaurant and food (more in a minute), so that's where they are driving their guests. But the refrigerator is to have to hold juice, milk, yogurt and cold cuts for the occasional in-unit lunch (Btw, the brekafasts are more or less free, unless you're ordering a huge meal, so you wouldn't have been fixing breakfast in your room anyway).

Now to the restaurant--the food is amazing. Chef Eric Vernice does an outstanding job and knocked the socks off of these two foodies from NYC. We sampled much of the menu, including for dinner appetizers, the lobster sashimi, the conch extravaganza ( a varietal plate of a local seafood), the waygu beef (outstanding), and tuna tataki. For the mains, we had the mahi mahi, snapper, monkfish and grilled lobster. We also had Chef Eric's five course surprise tasting menu and wine pairing one evening--died and went to tasting menu heaven my friends. Of course, don't forget dessert. For starters, try either the Cahoa Weiss chocolate parfait or Tahitian vanilla creme brulee. Yummy. And this was just from the dinner menu. For lunch, try the seafood cobb salad, the conch salad (rolled in rice paper) or the tuna nicoise salad. All excellent. And while Chef Eric is whipping up a delicious menu for your stay, the man running the food and service show is J.S. Richer. Whether recommending wine pairings, providing a recommenddation for your visit to TCI, arranging for a picnic lunch on the beach, or simply making small talk around the table, J.S. is a wonderful host who ensures that your Beach House experience will be very enjoyable. He also turned us on to a tasty fruit beer from Belgium called Leifman's, which over ice with muddled mint is a refreshing break from the hot afternoon sun. And of course every great operation has a great team, which at the Beach House restaurant includes Latavia, Lilly and the entire wait staff team, who took care of every small detail during our dining experience.

But man (and wife) cannot live on great food and wine alone (though this husband and wife team continue to give it the college try), so I need to mention the beach area, which is both beautiful and one of the most secluded beach spots on Grace Bay. The water is crystal clear (so much so, it was the first time that I could swim underwater in an ocean with my eyes open and not get burned by the salt). And the man running the beach front area is Roger (or "captain" as some fellow guests called him). Roger will hook you up with beach chairs and umbrellas, and beach towels, but more importantly, will gladly take you on a leisurely Hobie Kat ride to enjoy the afternoon.

So I don't sound like a complete paid public relations tool for the Beach House, there were a couple of days when our breakfast order never made it to the room, and we needed to call to rectify, and there was one day when housekeeping did not arrive until nearly 6:00 pm, but file these under "expected and minor speed bumps" in an otherwise extremely well-run operation and extraordinary Caribbean vacation experience.

Enjoy.

P.S. to any and everone at the Beach House whose name I completely misspelled, my apologies. It's the thought that counts.

Room Tip: You'll be much happier in choosing and ocean front room. I'm sure that the pool facing room...
4 Thank FrankFromNYC
BeachHouseTCI, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Your detailed review gives a great idea to other guests about our property. Thank you. And I am thrilled you and your wife had such a good time. Your compliments have been passed along to the staff you have mentioned.
Thank you for letting us know about the "expected and minor speed bumps". This way we can look for ways to avoid these problems in the future.
And about the restaurant compliments, if we knocked the socks off two foodies from New York, well we couldn't ask for more. The restaurant staff is extremely happy with your positive comments. Feel free to leave a Beach House restaurant review as well. They would appreciate that.
Hope to have the pleasure of serving you again,
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

My wife and I wanted a quiet, luxurious beach vacation and that is exactly what we got. As the other reviews say, the staff was phenomenal. Everyone was gracious and helpful. Our room was wonderful. This is the first place I have stayed where reality matched the marketing pictures. What we were most surprised and happy about was how quiet the place is. There are no resorts nearby, no bands or music to interrupt you, and a very quiet clientele.
The best part of the trip was the beach itself. Beautiful white sand, clear blue water, lovely beach lounges, and very quiet. It's a five minute walk either direction to the next resorts and we saw very little traffic. You get to know the other Beach House guests. I also want to give a special thanks to Roger, who manages the recreation on the beach. Great guy! Wonderful service. But the resort needs to provide a second person and a phone system so Roger doesnt have to leave to fetch drinks or place lunch orders. Also, the spa had just opened and we both got excellent massages. I do recommend he spa!
I have some minor criticisms, but they did not affect our overall opinion of the place. The restaurant is trying very hard to be a memorable destination. The food was alright for a one time experience, but we really longed for familiar food or food that wasn't trying so hard to get your attention. Maybe a bar menu would be a good idea. Breakfasts however were quite good. Restaurant service felt like the staff was a little undertrained for the kind of place they are trying to be. For instance, they are very proud of their bread and make a presentation of pouring olive oil for dipping, but on three evenings we had to ask for the bread to actually be served. Too many helpers but no one seems to own the individual jobs. We did find a pizza joint to deliver plus we ate a few meals at the nearby restaurant "Someplace". Next time we will rent a car and get out more.
The front desk is very helpful, but not very organized. We tried to book massages, but no one has the spas schedule. We also had some package choices that were included with our booking, but no one seemed interested in helping arrange them. All in all, these were minor issues, but ones I expect the management will take to heart. Bottom line, we want to come back next year. I can't think of any place better than Beach House.

Room Tip: Go with a beachfront room. The views are spectacular and we looked forward to waking up each morning...
2 Thank trstimson
BeachHouseTCI, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you for letting us know how very happy you were with your vacation.
It is so nice to receive constructive criticism in such a positive way.
We have recently acquired walkie talkies for our departments for situations like the one you mentioned with Roger.
Your suggestions about the restaurant have been passed along, thank you.
And your comments on the reception have been well received.
Your quiet and relaxing home away from home will be waiting for you next year.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have been visting provo for the last 4 years and stayed at several very nice Hotels. Beach House is the best experince I have had to date the restaurant is worth the stay by it self.Truely a world class establishment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank michaelm517886
BeachHouseTCI, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for these compliments.
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hope to see you again in the future.
Warm regards,
Wheaton, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

My partner and I just returned from a 6 night trip and I just had to take some time to recognize the staff at the Beach House for their wonderful hospitality !!!

Our room was beautiful - I recommend the second floor corner room (we stayed in the 'Delight') as it provides a great view of the water and also privacy for those times that you just want to chill on the patio couch which is supplied with ample comfy pillows.

From the time we arrived to the time we left, the staff made us feel completely at home. Derrick, JS, Naomi and "Martini Mike" were simply awesome, as were the folks at the front desk that helped us with every change in plans that we made as well as with arranging rides for the times we went out to explore. Sharon at the spa will also take care of all of your massage needs -- she is WONDERFUL .... has GREAT hands!!!!! You will NOT be disappointed!

I personally want to thank the staff for all of their concern as I unfortunately came down with a nasty cold on the 2nd day of our trip. Seemed like everyone knew that I was under the weather, even the chef!!! All went out of their way to make sure that I was OK, even offering to take me to see a doctor. These folks genuinely care about their guests and go above and beyond to make you feel at home. I highly recommend that you stay here if you are looking for personalized treatment - they will go above and beyond to meet all of your expectations.

Thank you Beach House for a wonderful time!!!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms on second floor have great view and offer more privacy than ground floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mbuck1027
BeachHouseTCI, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
You are very welcome, it was our pleasure!
Hope that you are feeling better. It certainly sounds like you didn't let a little cold get in the way of enjoying your holiday.
I will be sure to pass along your lovely compliments to the staff you mentioned. It is so nice to hear when you have made someone happy, thank you.
The photos you posted are great, especially the one of the view from your room.
Please come and visit us again soon,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I recently stayed at The Beach House and all I can say is "wow"! I shared a 2 bedroom suite "Elated" with my parents. Beautiful spacious rooms with full kitchen, 2 private baths and a very relaxing living room with a beautiful ocean view. It felt like it could be home. The housekeeper Flo was the nicest, warmest person who went out of her way for everyone. The food prepared by Chef Eric was out of this world!!! Everyone of the wait staff, maintenance and Hotel Operations Management were so nice we felt like part of the family. Upon our arrival there were glasses of fresh brewed mango ice tea in the refridgerator. Another day there were french pastried in our room upon arrival back from dinner and wonderful teas and coffees in the room. Also in our rooms one day were island flower salts to take home and the best gift ever were littles bottles of beach sand to remember our trip by. We would definately recommend this hotel and can not wait to return. Thank you for such a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: "Elated" is a beautiful spacious 2 bedroom 2 bath suite that a family will enjoy on 3rd fl...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BeachHouseTCI, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
You are most welcome!
Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review.
I am happy you felt like part of the Beach House family during your stay. We love to surprise our guests with special experiences and gifts. Our goal is to create lasting memories that you will cherish forever.
And the photos you posted are great, thank you.
Until next time,
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

I'd like to start off by saying that every review below 5 stars looks like it was written prior to the new Beach House which I believe was only recently opened. Everything was extra, extra special....felt like family. Intimate with only 21 rooms ~ made you feel as if you were home ~ and very, very spoiled! The surroundings were pristine and beautiful and the service was unprecedented! Everyone.... from the girls in the boutique, to Flo who kept my room spotless, to Derek, Sarah and JS at the restaurant....made me feel like royalty in a relaxed setting! Roger's service at the beach, was as spectacular as the view. The fabulous lounge chairs and special delivery of food/drink was like a dream come true. I can't wait to go back!!!!

Room Tip: i don't think you could find a bad room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank carolyn f
BeachHouseTCI, Manager at Beach House Turks & Caicos, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your kind review.
It is correct that all the reviews before June 2012 are for the previous hotel.
If you left our hotel feeling like royalty, then we did our job.
Your compliments will definitely be passed alone to the staff you mentioned.