11,549 results
All reviewswater parkitalian villagekey west villageitalian poolle petit chateaujerk shacksesame streetkids camplazy riverbutler servicebobby deessurf simulatorbella napolicookie monsteriguana poolcharacter breakfastdeparture lounge
Reviewed February 6, 2011

My spouse, toddler and I just returned from a week-long trip to Beaches and what an experience it was! From the friendliest people that we have ever met to the best food, booking a trip here will surely not disappoint. We were welcomed as if we already knew everyone there and our son was treated like prince.

Special mentions to the following individuals who made our stay extra special:
- Davy, thank you for your hospitality and for accomodating us and our young child, you are great!
- Monique and Jerome, thank you for finding a "stuffed Elmo" for our Son- you really made his week extra special!
- Nadeica, we can't thank you enough for your wonderful attitude and for treating our son like your own- you are amazing!
- Wideline, thank you for always being so kind and for always having a carton of milk ready for our Son!

All in all, this is a wonderful place for families - you will not feel like a guest, but members of an extended family.....we will surely book our next vacation at Beaches.

Caroline, Tony and Anthony from Montreal, Canada

3  Thank 12345MontCar
Reviewed February 6, 2011

I have to keep it real because I feel trip advisor helped me decide this trip in the first place. We booked with Mike McHugh with Dream Makers Vacations. Never met the man, did everything over email. He was pretty responsive to my emails. We (my husband, myself and our 4 yo) flew on frequent flyer miles, so I don't think we would/could go back to Beaches unless we did that again. Too expensive.

We were initally disappointed because we thought we might get an upgrade and special transportation from the airport given that we booked with DMV. None of that happened. The ride in the taxi van was quite a wild one...we did arrive at the resort in 10 minutes and were practially thrown out of the van at the French Village. Rooms at the French Village were ok...nothing too spectacular. We had a 1st floor walkout King which was nice because we had a place to sit outside in the morning and drink coffee/munch on muffins. Bed is rock hard. Never got special towel figues. We did receive chocolate covered stawberries in our frige one night...I have a feeling this came from Mike at DMV.

I'm not going to go into great detail about the restaurants. I think overall the food was good, with great selections. Service was a bit slow sometimes, but hey it's island time! The worst was our first dinner the night we arrived. We waited 45 minutes for our meal at Barefoot...still not a good start to the vacation. Wish we would have eaten at the Sushi bar more offen. That place is outstanding and here's a tip...go to BobbyDs for kids takeout (chix nuggets, burger, etc.) and take it over to the Sushi bar. Your kid will be happy with the food and you will be happy 'cause you are eating the freshest, most delicious sushi you have ever had! :)

The weather was not the greatest the first 2 days (stick to the heated pools when it's windy and a little chilly), it got better though. Sun, 85 degrees, green flags on the beach so you could do just about any watersport you wanted. BTW, check out the snorkeling 5 min walk to the west of Beaches...very beautiful!

I want to give a shout out to Carlos who was my John Travolta in the Legends in Concert show...you are a wonderful partner and I had so much fun! Also want to give a huge thank you to Matthew, the French Village manager who went back to GIUSEPPE'S and found my son's stuffed monkey that got left behind when we first arrived. You saved us from a crying fit! And I also want to praise Chris, who took our pictures during our family photo shoot. You captured some great memories for us and for that I have to thank you. I highly recommend you ask for Chris for your photo shoot!

4  Thank fitchgirl
Reviewed February 6, 2011

We came to Beaches with our three young children, ages 8, 6 and 2, as well as my in-laws and my brother-in-law. We had intended to stay for a long weekend, but because of snowstorms up and down the east coast, our stay was extended to a week.

First of all, I would not recommend coming for as short a trip as we had initially planned. The resort is very large and there's a lot going on. By the end of the long weekend, I still felt overwhelmed by it all. The three extra days made all the difference. By the end, we all knew our way around, and it really felt like home.

We stayed in a Butler Suite in the Italian Village, booked through Twinsburg Travel (google them, they are AMAZING). Our butlers were very sweet, friendly and good-natured. It was the ultimate luxury to have someone looking after us. But there were a few small drawbacks. To communicate with our butler, we were given a cell phone. My cell phone rings all the time when I'm not on vacation, and I was sort of looking forward to getting a break from that. Our butlers would frequently call the cell to ask us about where we'd like to go for lunch or dinner, or to just check on us. This was great service, but the phone's speaker was somewhat garbled and it was often very hard to understand the butler when she called.

We did not ask our butlers for much, but it wasn't unusual to have to ask two or three times before something got done. But there were lovely things about the butlers too. We were able to secure a cabana by the pool through them, which they set up in magnificent fashion, with frosty drinks in a cooler and towels sculpted into all sorts of fun shapes.

The butler was also amazing with securing tables for meals. If we gave our butler some advance notice, we would arrive at the restaurant to find a table waiting, covered in flower petals. It was really so nice. And the best part of all was the room service, which you can only get if you have a butler. Each night, we would walk into our room to find an amazing treat with chocolate decorations and a good-night card. The kids looked forward to these every day and insisted we take pictures of each one - they were really works of art!

In general, I was blown away by the level of service at the resort. Every single person was kind and friendly and eager to please. The housekeeping staff in particular was fantastic - the rooms were spotless and they were always smiling.

The pools and the beach were all as promised - glorious. The water park was a hoot. The non-motor sports on the beach were very well organized. I took a sailing lesson one day, and after that, I felt comfortable enough taking out a Hobie Cat with my daughter and sailing around in the gorgeous turquoise water.

We did the snorkeling trip on the Kitty Katt, and this was our only activity disappointment, but that was, to some extent, beyond anyone's control. The water that day was *extremely* rough, and the snorkeling conditions were truly awful. Both of my kids were terrified and needed to be towed back to the boat by lifeguards, in spite of their lifejackets. The secluded beach they brought us to required us to cross some dunes that were riddled with burrs, which embedded themselves painfully in our bare feet. We made the best of it, and the staff on the boat was wonderful, but it was not a great experience. If you are booked to go on a day that's very windy and the sea is rough, ask to rebook for a different day or get your money back. And bring your shoes with you to the beach.

In contrast to that, we went horseback riding with Provo Ponies twice on our trip, and that was absolutely fabulous. We did not arrange that through the hotel, though. We contacted Provo Ponies directly.

The biggest downside for us was the food. Breakfast was pretty solid, but lunch and dinner ranged from mediocre to good, and didn't rise above that. The Teppenyaki restaurant was the best meal we had. The food was really good, since it was prepared in front of us, it came fast and the spectacle was really fun. But on more than one occasion, the service was friendly but unbearably slow (even by Caribbean standards), and when the food finally came, it was inedible. Near the end of our stay, we discovered that, had we been more proactive, the hotel would have been much more creative in accommodating some of our dietary restrictions.

If you're looking for a quiet, relaxing spot with outstanding service, food and wine, this isn't it. If you've got kids and you want a vacation that's really going to be a lot of fun for the whole family, this is a great bet. If you come, be ready to advocate for yourself and your needs. The people who work at Beaches, from my experience, are all really friendly and they want you to have a great time, so I'm not advising any sort of adversarial approach. Just be proactive and make sure you are clearly communicating your needs.

3  Thank BrooklineMama
Reviewed February 4, 2011

We absolutely loved the resort; especially the beach, service and the food. It is the best all inclusive resort we have ever been. Super service! They really go out of the way to ensure you have a great vacation. Whenever we requested something their reply is usually no problem you are on vacation. Clearly the staff have been trained to think do as much as possible so that their customers have a great, worry free vacation. My son has severe allergies to dairy and nuts. They have systems in place so ensure that my son if safe and can enjoy great tasting food. We place our order one night in advance for my son and they ensure that the food is made without cross-contamination.

The beach is beautiful and it is easy to find a spot with an umbrella. Lots of free water activities. It is a family place so seldom did I smell cigarette smoke.

I would highly recommend that everyone visit this resort at least once. We will definitely go back, hopefully next year.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank TennisLoveForty
Reviewed February 4, 2011

This is the first time I have bothered writing a review about anywhere we have stayed but Beaches T&C is worth the effort. Our kids loved it, we loved it and can't wait for our next visit. The food was amazing, service was great and beaches to die for.

It is also worth mentioning one of the staff members, April who did our housekeeping everyday. She was amazing and made sure our room was in perfect condition at all times.

The only complaints we had were with the rooms in the Caribbean village. The room was very old and rundown. The armchair was filthy, the sliding door to the patio kept falling off the rails and the room was very old fashion. Fortunately we didn't spend much time in the room so we didn't make a big deal out of it.

Overall we were very happy with everything and will go back for sure.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family