We just got back from our week-long Beaches Turks & Caicos vacation yesterday. My only complaint is that I had to leave the beautiful island and resort to come home! I teased my family that I was getting a job and staying there. Believe me, I did my share of worrying after reading some of the negative reviews on this website. What a waste of time! I have never been to such an amazing place with such a lovely staff of people that are willing to do whatever they can to please the guests staying there. (I've been to Bahamas, Aruba, Mexico, and cruise of Caribbean). The grounds of the resort are breathtaking and so well-maintained, I don't see how anyone could think otherwise. Grace Bay beach is the most gorgeous you can imagine, flour-soft sand, sparkling warm turquoise water... AHH, just couldn't get me out of it.
Our family consists of my husband, our three boys ages 10, 8, and 5. Since our smallest loved the pool and the two oldest and I loved the beach, we spent a great deal of time on the end of the beach nearest Arizona's and the Cascade pool. There, we were able to connect a lot during the day (and I was able to swim up and get my favorite drink, Mudslides made by our favorite bartender in the whole resort, Tedane.) Anyone who had a problem with the staff of this terrific resort must have attitude problems themselves. We found so many people willing to stop and ask "How ya doin' , mon?" just to see if there was anything they could do to make the day better. (There wasn't because as the advertisements say... it's a perfect day). If you wanted fun poolside activities during the day, then Iguana's pool is the place for you. The pizza at Bella Napoli poolside at Iguana's was wonderful, and a great quick and light lunch for those members of our family that didn't want to waste any time during the day eating. There were too many things we wanted to do!
Be sure to sign up the day before at the dive shop to go out on the snorkeling boat... there are times like 8:45 (too early for us), 11:00, 1:15, etc. I had never snorkeled before this trip, so I'm not a seasoned snorkeler, but I really got the hang of it on this trip. What an amazing experience!! The colors of the reef and fish that looked like they rolled around inside a Crayola box were breathtaking. I highly recommend trying it... My kids loved it, too. On one of the snorkel boat trips, Roger, the photographer, took some great shots of our family snorkeling together. He was wonderful! At the reef 10 minutes down the beach, we swam with a family of sea turtles: a huge one, medium one, and a baby. So cool!
Have I convinced you not to listen to those negative reviews yet? If not, there's a couple of other complaints that I'd like to address. First, the food. I am not a gourmet or food snob by any means, so perhaps those who complained were. We are just a normal family, and we thought that the food at Beaches was delicious. My kids loved the breakfast buffet at Reflections most. There was definitely something for everyone, and if you go, say Hello from us to Abdul from Ghiana who makes the eggs and omelets to order. He not only cooked our food with a smile, but always had warm words for us. We also ate breakfast (menu service) at Schooners (good) and Guiseppe's (buffet... great pancakes made to order). Dinners were fantastic too, especially Sapodillas (for us adults, elegant and delicious) We put our kids in camp from 6PM to 9PM that night to have parents night out, they loved camp and were very entertained. That is the only time we used the camp, but they had a great time. Kimonos was also fun for the family, we sat with a family who were celebrating a 25th anniversary, and we got to Beaches on our 15th anniversary. We hadn't told the staff, but the people we sat with at Kimonos had a butler who set up decorations and they shared their lovely cake with us for dessert.
The kids, of course, loved Bobby Dee's in the Pirate Ship. Most evenings, we would end up there for dessert, ice cream and warm homebaked cookies. What a way to end the day!
We never ate dinner at Reflections buffet, but we did go to Schooners (great if you like seafood, awesome Mussels entree and Conch bisque) and Arizona's. We loved the babyback ribs at Arizona's. Guiseppe's for dinner was our least favorite, but it was still good.
About the room complaints, my only advice would be to bring a nice-smelling candle or two. I wished I had, because the room, although beautiful, did smell a little mildewy. I didn't see any mildew, just the odor. After all, it is humid in the Caribbean, and people leave wet towels, bathing suits, etc. so it is bound to happen. We stayed in a honeymoon junior suite in the main building with concierge service. The furnishings were lovely, room was a nice size, it had a small balcony facing the beach (off to the distance, you could see the hint of that turquoise water beckoning you to come... who cares what the room looked like, we were only in it to sleep!) No ants, no bugs, what are people talking about, anyway??? Plenty of room for the five of us, and very comfortable beds, by the way.
The only tour we went on was the glow worm cruise. It was neat to see other parts of this amazing island, and the strange mating ritual of the glow worms that caused them to light up on the water, but it was our last night, and we kind of wish we just stayed at the resort. Well, I hoped that I helped some family out there who has already booked a Beaches vacation. Not to worry, mon, be happy, be nice to the staff, and have a GREAT time! I wish I was going with you. Enjoy! Lisa :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario's Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales