“We'll be back!”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed July 1, 2007

Our family of four, 2 adults and two boys ages 10 and 12, went to Beaches T and C June 10-15. We had researched Trip Advisor and other sites for many months and were concerned about the mixed reviews this resort received. We shouldn't have worried! We have been to several other all-inclusives in Mexico and Jamaica. Beaches T and C is the BEST !

Beach: Absolutely the clearest, warm, aquamarine water with powdery white sand beaches you can imagine. It is almost surreal! You could see your toes clearly even when the water was neck high. Last year we had a wonderful trip to Palm Beach, Aruba, and that was exquisite but this was better, hands down! The area, while building up quickly, is still quiet enough to walk along the shore for miles and not be hassled by vendors or the sight of high rises jammed together or a fleet of boats in the water. Children could build sandcastles at the water's edge or wade out quite a distance before the water became too deep. There is virtually no wave action but was cool enough make for a refreshing swim from the hot sun. Plenty of chairs were available as were paplapas or blue, 2 person "cabanas" for shade.

Pools: 5 main ones in all--a very small pool for the younger children (next to their kids' club); a kiddie pool w/slides, swim-up bar w/nonalchoholic drinks, waterfall and grotto by the pirate ship (where the older children's program called "Captain's Kids" meets); and three other pools w/swim-up bars. One of these, the Arizona pool, was undergoing construction while we were there (only part of it was closed) and we didn't use it. Another, the Cascades pool, was the site for family activities such as volleyball, aquasize, dive-in movies, etc. This pool always had music playing and snack stations serving ice-cream, cookies, popcorn, cotton candy, etc. during the day. Additionally, there is a made to order pizza oven for a handy, "no need to change clothes" lunch. All pools were sparkling and cleaned constantly.

Rooms: We had the least expensive room possible (Turquoise Deluxe) and it was awesome! Newly painted and furnished with a King bed, sleeper sofa (which my sons found to be quite comfortable), patio w/chairs, table and racks to hang our wet items, plenty of dresser and closet space, a mini-fridge stocked daily with water bottles, a good sized TV, and a huge bathroom. They even provided Beaches umbrellas for the typical afternoon rainshower! A thoughtful touch.

Restaurants: All were fine with a regularly changing menu. With 10 options, we didn't get to try them all but our favorites included Le Petite Chateau (the tenderloin is too die for!); Cafe de Paris had wonderful crepes w/fresh berries of all types and many other delicious pastries; and Guiseppe's, an Italian themed buffet that also served a nice, generic lunch or breakfast buffet. We preferred this buffet over Reflections, altho' that restaurant had some wonderful grilled Mahi-Mahi. Before the trip, we had read on TA that Schooners (closest restaurant to the ocean) had great King crab legs and, since they are our favorite, we were eager to eat there. They served the crab legs already cracked. All you had to do was pull out the meat with your fork. However, Schooners is truly ala carte--defintiely order your appetizer and dessert as no side dishes come with entrees. We also ate at Kimonos, but having been to Shogun various times back home, were not impressed with either the food or the "show".

Kids Club/Activities: Being boys, our children would have spent most of their time in the X-box Oasis if we had let them. And yes, it is a true, large 2-room building full of many types of video games (rather than the "game room" that other resorts offer which have 3-4 arcade games max). There is also, nearby, a separate building with foosball, pool tables, air-hockey, ping-pong and TV. My sons spent two days (including one evening) in the kids club. They tie-dyed shirts (bring some along or buy at a steep price from one of the gift shops), did scavenger hunts and pirate activities, played baseball and soccer, practiced skills for the family talent show, played pool games, built a rocket launcher and more. The resort also offers some teen activities, which, while we never saw them take place, our elder son said he would like to come back and try next year when he is in that age group.

Trips/Excursions: We went kayaking (and loved it), sailboating, and on the free, daily snorkeling tripthat the resort offers. This snorkel boat goes to a different location each day and several people we talked to said they saw lots of interesting sea creatures at different locations. The day we went was just OK--lots of colorful fish and corals, but the walk down the beach to Bight Reef (in front of the Coral Gardens Hotel) yielded much better snorkeling. There we saw a 20 lb. lobster, various sea turtles (one kept swimming with my husband and kept coming right to his hand to be petted --or possibly fed, which we didn't do), a sea horse. My son even saw an octopus there (when he was out with the kids club). We also did the Conch and Sand Dollar excursion, offered by the hotel. It cost approx. 84.00 for anyone 12 and over, and 46.00 for children. First the boat took us searching for our own conch shells outside the conch farm's waters (this only lasted a few minutes) then we went alongside the breathtaking shore of various other islands which the captain gave us some history of the area. We stopped to snorkel at a gorgeous, pristine and deserted beach. There, the first mate showed us how to remove the meat from the conch shells (which we later took home as souveniers). While we searched for sand dollars and shells in the water, the crew prepared a delicious conch salad---along with other good foods for lunch--that we dined on during our return trip to the resort. Bob Marley was on the CD player, the sun was on our backs and the wind was in our hair....I'm telling you people, it's doesn't get any better than this!

Service/Entertainment: Every where we went, people were smiling and asking us if we needed anything. Many employees were from Jamaica or the Bahamas and much of their friendly attitude shone through. Photographers went around taking pictures of everyone doing various activities. Noone was ever pushy or rude. If you didn't want to be bothered, you could politely decline and they went on their way. If you did want a photo, you could just ask and they were happy to make you next in line. We purchased several pictures-- the people in the photo shop were more than patient scrolling through all your family's pictures, deleting those you weren't interested in and changing the fonts, borders, etc. of any you wanted. The evening entertainment on the main stage was of the typical AI type--variety and cultural shows and every night there was an appearance of the Sesame Street Characters. The Characters made several special appearances throughout the day and had their own Sesame Street activities for the younger children. Two nights nights we attended special events: Tuesday, there was a Caribbean Street Festival with special food stalls and games (including a limbo) set up that featured a fire-eater and dancing. One night there was a late night Chocolate Buffet--everthing from white chocolate to dipped strawberries to truffles and brownies...even the signs were made of chocolate! This event had set up martinis and wine to make it even more decadent!

In conclusion, we cannot imagine what in the world people were complaining about. Yes, there were a few tiny ants in the bathroom one night, yes the staff did give us too many towels (and no washclothes ) one day and too few another. Yes, twice, the morning crew mixed up our drink order and yes, there is some walking to get from one place to the other, especially if you are in the older section. But, relax and enjoy yourselves. We certainly did!

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
14  Thank coolrun1

Reviewed June 29, 2007

Last June (2006) my family of 6 stayed at the Beaches resort at Turks and Caicos. All I can say is that it was one of the best vacations we ever had. Given the size of my family we booked one of the Presidential Suites, which was quite comfortable and spacious, and came with the butler service. The Butler service was a nice ammenity, as they would personally take responsibiltiy for setting up beach chairs and umbrellas, with a stocked ice chest, and all snorkeling equipment and beach toys that the kids requested. The butlers also arranged dinners for my wife and I at the adult only restaurants, and even on nights that no further spots were available our butlers always found a way to find us a spot (grin). The butlers also would deliver a variety of fresh snacks to our room throughout the day, and would deliver snacks and drinks to the beach when requested. They also personally saw to it that my sons iPod and tennis shoes that had been lost somewhere in the resort were found and returned safely. Though the suites that come with butler services are more expensive it is worth it if you can afford it.

As far as the resort and associated beach area all I can say is WOW. There was plenty for the kids to do, and we never got bored at the resort, though the locally available excursions to view the rest of the island were fun and worthwhile. The beach areas and pool areas were never overcrowded which is always important. I also can't overestimate how nice it was to have all food and drinks covered in the cost of the stay. The kids simply loved to be able to get food when and where they wanted to without cash. The food quality, particularly at the adult restaurants, was better than I expected, and was equivalent to many high end restaurants I have been to in the States. I also appreciated the "no tips" policy, though the butlers were allowed to accept tips at the end of our stay (which I happily gave them as they were excellent). I found the rest of the staff at the resort very helpful and friendly despite the "no tips" policy.

I should also note that the facility is very secure, and one can feel comfortable with the older kids running around the resort on their own. As always parenteral supervision of younger children should never be delegated to someone else. However, as I was doing our check-in process (which took place in our suite...cool) my wife took one of my older daughters to the beach. My wife and I were unaware that my 5 year old daughter had run out of our room in search of them and we realized 5 minutes later we could not find her anywhere. We were panicking, but our butler calmly called security, and within a minute they had located her on the far side of the resort. This is not stated to support not supervising young children, simply to point out how safe the facility is.

If you are looking to have a great vacation, all I can say is "GO to Beaches Resort on Turks and Caicos...you will not be disappointed!!"

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
9  Thank Sham609
Reviewed June 28, 2007

BEACHES at Turks & Caicos far exceeded our expectations. Our daughter (9 years old) went sailing, kayaking, down water slides, snorkeling as my husband and I scuba dived with the most excellent dive masters, boats and dive sites ever.

Our rooms were as nice as any 5 Star Resort. Clean, newly furnished and wonderful air conditioning and all the amenities we could dream of.

The restaurants were superb. Food was top notch; bar drinks were plentiful and high quality. It was the best service in all restaurants which included Italian, French, Japanese to name a few. The "adults only" restaurants were lovely as the kids were entertained at the "KIds camp" at night! All included in the price!

We can't wait to return! Forget Hawaii...there is no comparison.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank dromoland
Reviewed June 27, 2007

We have never been to the Carribean before. It was an amazing experience. The resort is impressive. Very clean, courteous staff and great food. We stayed in the Turquoise rooms, they weren't luxurious, but very comfortable. It was just my husband and I and we enjoyed the peace and quiet at that end of the resort. Neither one of us wanted to come back home. It was very romantic and peaceful there. I will never forget flying into Turks and Caicos and seeing the beautiful shades of blue of the water. My favorite part of the trip was playing in the blue water. We also went bottom fishing and had an awesome time. If we needed anything all we had to do was call room service of visit the concierge and we had what we needed within minutes. There are many things to do at the resort. Many people bragged about the fanastic time they had snorkeling. I would love to do it, but can't swim too well. The resort is very family oriented and they cater to children, they have an enormous amount of things to do for children of all ages!!!

Stayed: June 2007
3  Thank caribbeanqueen45
Reviewed June 27, 2007

We spent six nights at Beaches Turk and Caicos and had a wonderful time. There is so much to do! The tennis teacher, Jose', was wonderful with his laughter and made those early morning cardio-tennis workouts fun. He took a special interest in our 13 year old and really improved his game.
The food was great and there is incredible variety. Seafood, Italian, Japanese, burgers, pasties and more!
We snorkeled almost every day and this was the part of the trip that was the most memorable.
The Riviera pool was great and Norbert was the best bartender ever. One Love.
Can't wait to return.

Stayed: June 2007
4  Thank OneLoveTennessee
Reviewed June 26, 2007

Okay our 2 familes stayed in the French Villiage- IF YOU GO DO NOT STAY ON BOTTOM FLOOR!!!!!

Liked: The exterior is very Lush and Pretty, Good Size Pools- Clean Pools, Good food for an all - inclusive (we have been to many and the food was fine-not amazing - pretty good- it is not fine dining but good for an all inclusive),

The kids camp- not so good to leave kids- they were not doing much with them but the Character Breakfast and Cooking with Cookie Monster- our 1 year, 3year, 4 year and 6 year loved.

The Beach- Beautiful- a good 15 minute walk but beautiful- had no trouble getting chairs ever and the place was full. Recommend taking the boat trip for the day- lunch on a deserted beach with family- and dive for conch and snorkel- DEFINITLY SOME OF THE NICEST BEACHES - cuba like.

The shows- great fun for kids- a good laugh for adults - do not expect adult stuff- just charachters for the kids- singing sesame street- Was a good band one nite- I must say.

Rooms - Holiday Inn Style (I stole this- but very accurate)Not great for the price of the place- could use updating.

DIsliked- Bugs!!! Lots of them- and many cockroaches (have seen them a few times on trips but never in the rooms- husband killed 7 of them). Rooms are not as clean as they should be. I was bitten by cockroach while sleeping- apparently very alergic- staff did nothing for us- I did not call to complain but they called cause I went to hospital in middle of night- when I told them what had happened- they were in denial- I said "you called me- I did not call you"- never heard from them again. Also in May- looked beautiful to sit and eat outside- but not so - bugs were out bad in the month of May- most people only try this once- now we know why there were so many empty tables out side! We stayed on bottom floor- if going make sure your room is 2nd or 3rd floor! Those people did not complain of the cockroaches! Have to say though the cockroaches stoped coming in the room after 4th day- and the talk on the phone with the manager- they kicked up the spray- saw lots of dead ones at the door!

Service- Needs work big time- meet many nice staff but mostly managers- a few not but in the most part the managers are the happy ones there. They are absolutly not allowed to take tips- they should change this- maybe it would make them happier! The pool bars had 2 people working to serve 30 people getting drinks- average wait was 20 to 30 minutes- no joke! REALLY NOT IN A HURRY! We usually get great service where ever we go- we are very friendly- not demanding and tip often-

OVerall- would go back to the island- would not go back to this resort- cost us over $7000 for family of 4- Could have done 2 trips to the Mayan for that and had better service- less bugs!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank cinchrisgrant
Reviewed June 26, 2007

My family has just returned from a 7 day vacation at Beaches Turks and Caicos and it was the best vacation we have ever taken. We have three children 18G, 16B, 12B. We take a different vacation ever summer and this was by far the best vacation we have ever been on. Every single person we spoke to at the resort was very helpful and always greeted us with a smile. It was nice that everyone spoke English which made communication easy. The resort was extremely clean. Our rooms were perfect. The grounds were absolutely gorgeous. The food was wonderful.

Our favorite part was the entertainment. Leo, Bambino, AJ, JC, Ingred and others made sure the kids (and adults) had something to do at all times. We did scuba, snorkeling, volleyball, soccer, baseball, dancing, big splash, olympic games, limbo, adult game shows, poker, teen disco, adult disco and the list just goes on and on. Everyone had a blast.

We met some really great people from Texas and North Carolina as well as around the country that really made the trip fun.

I would definetly recommend this resort for your next vacation.

4  Thank abmathews456