We stayed at Beaches Turks & Caicos from June 29 - July 7, 2010 and finally had time to write a review about this fabulous place! We traveled with our 2 girls, ages 13 and 9 and we all had a wonderful time. It was the most relaxing vacation we have had and we have been to the Cayman Islands and Aruba and this is by far the most beautiful place. Everything from the arrival to the departure was perfect. We traveled from a Tuesday to a Wedesday so we didn't experience any problems at the airport like some other reviews mentioned. It is definitely better not to travel on a Saturday. We only had to wait a little while for the bus to take us to the hotel which is only a 10-15 minute ride and while we were waiting Beaches staff were passing out nice cold bottles of water. When we arrived at Beaches we were greeted with a rum punch and fruit punch for the girls along with a cool wash cloth to wipe our faces. It only took about 10 minutes to check in. We stayed in the Caribbean Village and for those of you who are planning to stay there, do not worry. I know some other reviews mentioned how this village is old and dirty and out dated, but we certainly did not find that to be the case. We were on the second floor right next to the Italian Village, French Village and Water Park. It was a great location. Our room was clean and did not smell. We did not see one bug the whole 8 days we were there. Our maid came to our room twice a day, once to clean and then again for turn down service. If we needed fresh towels all we had to do was call the front desk and they were there immediately. Yes the rooms were a bit small, but to be perfectly honest we were in them only to sleep and shower. In my opinion I cannot see spending a fortune on a room when you are in a place like this! Who wants to spend more time in their room than they have to. There is so much to do at this resort that I can't see spending the extra money, of course, that is just my opnion.
The pools were fantastic. We preferred the pool by the Arizona because it was right on the beach and right by the smoothie and kids station. Plus their swim up bar had little bubbles on your feet when you sat there and it felt really good. All of the pools were great though. The Italian pool did have the most kids in it, but they were never a problem. The Italian pool had these great little tables in the water and we never had a problem sitting at one, even at lunch time. The French pool was also really nice. We never had a problem getting fresh towels or chairs at any of the pools (I think they may have added additional towels and chairs). The only pool we never really went to was the Iquana Pool, but the kids had fun playing volleyball there one day.
As far as the beach went, it is absoulutely beautiful. It looked like a painted picture when we flew over it. The snorkeling was also very good. Just walk down the beach about 10 minutes and there is a great spot to snorkle. We saw some great fish, even some with teeth which my girls didn't really like. We did not do any of the snorkeling tours through Beaches so I can't really comment on that. We did do an excursion through Caicos Dream Tours which was absoulutely wonderful.
The food at the restaurants we went to (which were all but the French restaurant and the sushi bar - only becuase we don't like that kind of food) was really good. My favorite was Schooners and then Barefoot by the Sea because I really like seafood and they had the best. Sapadillos was also high on my list. It is an adult only restaurant and we went to it on our 20th anniversary (which we celebrated there). The food was really good - if you go, the conch appetizer was delicious. The kids stayed at the waterpark while we ate dinner and I felt perfectly safe leaving them there. We went on a Wednesday night and the waterpark celebrates summerfest that night so the park was open until 10 (it usually closes at 6). So if you want an adult only dinner and you have the kids with you, plan to eat dinner while the waterpark is open late. Kimonos was also very good, but I recommend that you make reservations as soon as you get to the resort. The food was very good, but it all depends on who you get as your chef as far as how enjoyable an experience you have. We had a rather boring chef but the table next to us had a very entertaining one. Giuseppe's was very good for breakfast. I'm not much for dinner buffets so we really didn't go to the places that had them. The kids really liked Bobby D's. After a while at the water park they would just go and get their own ice cream or cookies. They also loved trying all of the different smoothies and swimming up to the bars and asking for whatever they wanted. The pizza at Bella Napoli was really good, especially the chicken barbeque pizza. We had to get it a copule of times while we were there. Also, the beach party on Friday was pretty fun. You should try to do this, you get some good authentic Caribbean food, plus they have hamburgers and hot dogs for the kids.
The shopping was not the best, but they do have the local vendors set up their wares by the French Village (I think it is on Wendesdays), so we did get a few nice things. I really can't commnet on Camp Sesame as our girls were too old for it, but it seemed like the kids that were in it were have fun. We would see the sesame characters come through every once in a while, but it was not at all bothersome. The other thing that really surprised me was that we were there for the 4th of July and I really did not expect any kind of celebration since it is not their holiday. We woke up that day and a lot of the workers had on Uncle Sam hats and there was all kinds of activities that day for the 4th of July. They even had a great show and fireworks that night that centered on USA. It was a very pleasant surprise that they would celebrate our holiday.
All in all, this was defintely the most wonderful vacation we have had. We loved it so much that we booked for next year using their Come Back Again Soon promo. We are staying in the French Village this time only because we want something a little different. By the way, it really is not a big deal to walk around the resort. After 1 or 2 days, you get the feel of it and nothing is really too far. The only complaint that my husband had was their choice of beers. He really wanted Red Stripe and they did not carry it. Although we really looked forward to trying the drink specials that they had each day!
If you don't have a good time here then it is your own fault, certainly not the resort's. Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario's Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales