“Kids loved it! Parents still up for debate!”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed April 15, 2007

My kids loved it! The resort was a little sloppy as far as being clean. Extremely disappointed with the servers. The beach was beautiful (HOT!) I suggest buying the highest sunblock they sell! Not a cheap trip! People visiting were extremely friendly!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank wwolfe8
Write a ReviewReviews (10,864)

Reviewed April 14, 2007

The Beaches at Turks is wonderful. We enjoyed that everything and l mean everything was taken care of....especially us! We are new divers and the divemasters were great. To say nothing of how magnificent the diving is. WOW!!!
All of our meals were good but you have to see Neal at the Chinese/Japanese, we cook at your table restaurant.
I would recommend that you book your dinner reservations at the specialty restaurants....the buffets for dinner are just not as good for dinner ....great for breakfast and lunch....but well the other dinners are just sooooo much better.
The pools are oh so nice and the beach is right there and the sand is like powder. Snorkeling off the beach is nice....and you can walk down a ways on the beach and see the turtles and snorkle the wild fishes...lol.
All in all we had a great time....and we are planning out next visit for this October. That is the best recommendation ...we are headed back!!!

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with friends
3  Thank reno2nc
Reviewed April 14, 2007

I went to Beaches, Turk & Caicos May, 2006 with my two boy ages 10 & 11. The resort was beautiful and the staff went out of thier way to make our trip wonderful. The food was great. It is all imported from the US. Activities for all ages. Entertainment for all ages. Everything was perfect. The Beach was the most beautiful I have ever seen. Everything is included and there was no need to leave the resort even though we did there was not much more we needed off the resort. the island is very safe and the snorkling was great. I would recommend this resort to everyone I know.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank llr814
Reviewed April 14, 2007

I love tripadvisor.com and use it frequently when considering where to go on vacation. So, when we planned a trip to Beaches, I did so with a certain level of fear. The reviews were all over the place and in the late fall many were quite negative. I packed bleach spray cleaner, bug spray, disinfectant wipes and spray, and all sorts of protective "gear" because I feared getting a dirty room that was full of bugs! I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised!!!! We really enjoyed our stay at Beaches (and this is despite getting hit by a stomach virus that flew through the French Village during our stay).

We look at Beaches like a cruise ship on land -- but nicer because there is a beach -- a BEAUTIFUL beach. We didn't expect the food to be topnotch, but were pleasantly surprised at times by the quality. Otherwise it was fine/acceptable.
I would give the food a 3.

We do want to stay in a comfortable, clean, well kept room. We started out in a second floor room with two doubles - clean and well kept. Temperature wise great. We have a toddler, so not having a balcony or patio for naptime was an issue. We switched to first floor king room -- it was great! My husband said the bed was bad for his back, but I was fine. he crib for our daughter was sturdy and clean. I wiped it down, but the antibacterial wipe showed no dirt. I did spray the mattress with antibacterial/bleach spray out of fear of bed bugs, but she was fine. We used our own sheets on the crib, but only because our daughter has skin allergies. The floor, rugs, and bathroom were clean the whole week. The patio was virtually bug free thanks to the daily spraying (which was done when few people were walking around and always stopped when anyone came into the vicinity). I would give our room a 4.

The beach was amazing...shallow and crowded at times, but probably the best sand and water we have seen in 8 trips to different places in the Caribbean. Plus, the snorkeling on the reef just a short walk away rivaled some of the diving we did in Grand Cayman and Mexico. Turtles, nurse sharks, sting rays and gorgeous fish a short swim off the beach. Perfect for scuba divers who were land bound with our child. I would give the beach a 5. The pool at the French Village was VERY kid friendly and CLEAN. As a former lifeguard, I am VERY picky - no slime, no high amount of chemicals, and vacumed daily. I would give the pool a 5. (Plus my daughter LOVED it!!!)

The activities were perfect for our child. She loved the characters and the nightly shows. We did the character breakfast and she VERY much enjoyed that. Well worth the extra money to see her smiles. My husband liked the tennis and the visiting pro from the states was a good guy. I would give the activities a 5.

The staff...the best at any resort we have stayed at in the Caribbean. We have stayed at small elite hotels with basic rooms starting over $1500 and at other all-inclusives, including a Sandals (which would get a MUCH different review from me - a 2 out of 5 maybe), and non all-inclusives. The staff at this resort were FANTASTIC. My advice to travellers, especially those who have complained on this site so much, is to try being nice first. Any
"issue" we had, such as the double bed room, was handled immediately and I would guess it was because we asked nicely and said please and thank you often. I can't express how impressed we were by the staff. Adrain, the photographer, would get our highest marks - low pressure sell, high effectiveness and a very friendly demeanor. The staff at Reflections was always wonderful to me...especially when I ate alone with my daughter while my husband played tennis. The housekeeping staff was also very friendly and responsive. I would give the staff a
5+.

I also really liked the fact that we could store our luggage and then spend our last day at the beach and still have a place to shower and change. Nice touch. And a relaxing finish to our vacation.

Needless to say, we will go back...because we have a toddler and it is a GREAT place for her. We would explore more for just ourselves, but that is not a reflection on the resort, but on our desire to see more islands. For now, Beaches Turks and Caicos is a PERFECT family getaway.

I hope that other travelers enjoy thier trips as well.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12  Thank snofreetravel
Reviewed April 14, 2007

We had the most fantastic time at Beaches in Turks and Caicos. My husband and I have been to St. Thomas and Jamaica in the past few years, and have been looking forward to including the kids. We were very pleased with the vacation as a whole. We relaxed, enjoyed each other, and made happy new memories.

The beach was by far the prettiest we've been to, and was within 5 minutes from leaving our hotel room. The kids loved the kid's pool with waterslides. We were a little suprised at how much time they wanted to spend at it, considering they are 7 and 10. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We asked to change rooms the second day, to be closer to the beach, and they were happy to do it, even upgrading us to one that was available, but not charging a higher rate.

There are many dining options, however, I was pretty disappointed in the blandness of the food at most of the restaurants. Is it necessary to trade overall quality to enjoy the convenience of a family vacation? There were plenty of restaurant and menu options, and appearance was deceiving, because the taste was not there.

I would recommend this resort with a warning about the menu expectation.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 14, 2007

A nice property. Very organized getting from the airport to hotel. Check-in appeared to be very well run but we ended up being given a room that was already taken. A little embarassing since someone was in there when we opened the door. After checking in to another room - which only had one bed - we were back at check in. Finally we got a room with 2 beds and was unoccupied. Room was clean, staff very friendly and we did get a credit to use at the resort for our troubles. Would have rather had a room upgrade but no luck. Pools were nice. Beach beautiful. Good snorkling right off the beach and down a bit. Next time would go at a different time of year when the water is a bit calmer. We were there at the end of hurricane season. Restaurants were very good. Staff very friendly everywhere you went. Looking forward to the addition of the waterpark and new accommodations. We would go back here.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank paintedhorses
Reviewed April 14, 2007

Great family vacation - clean rooms, wonderful staff, great food(yes it is mostly buffet but no line ups and very tasty with great waiters.) Lots for the kids to do - safe to let them go on their own to a few places if old enough, they loved it beyond belief. It was exactly what we needed after a really busy year!

Stayed: December 2006