“great family destination”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed March 18, 2010

Great family location! Easy to get to, for us direct flights from Philly & Charlotte! They pick you up right after you go through customs. Only about a 10-15 min drive from the airport. We were 2 adults a 6,5, & 3 year old. We got a free bump up from the French Village to the newest part the Italian which is beautiful! The room included a flat screen tv w/xbox in the kids area which was a bunk bed w/trundle. But dont get me wrong all the villages had big pools and serval resturants and we would have been happy at all. The 3 villages are a very short short walk apart. We walked from italian to carribean to put the 3 yr old in Sesame Camp everyday,walked from italian to French for the evening kids shows and to the very nice gym & spa. You will be happy anywhere.
As far as camps only Sesame has the charcters come there and it ages weeks old through 4 i think. But you can take older kids over for certain character activites if you want to stay with them, eg: treasure hunt w/Abicadabi.The next is 5 to 8 Lil'Matey camp, and then a higher ages camp but we didnt need that so i cant say anything. Activites included Water Park, pool, obstcle course, dodge ball, art&crafts, nature walk & more. Note it meets on the porch of The XBox a bldg filled w/flat screens & xbox video games not a problem for my kids they are not into video games. We put the kids in camp from 9-2 would pic them up and play with them @ the water park, beach or heated pool in the Italian village. All the pools had big hot tubs which my kids LOVED. The camps go unitl 3 or 4 the staff breaks & then they start again for the evening or if you wish you can get private babysitters for kids @ no cost. There are also evening movies but my kids are young and were tired from all the sunshine so were never did night time kids activites but like the idea of the babysitters for next time!
Must do first thing, go to concerige and find out what there is to sign up for. We did Breakfast with the Sesame Characters a small charge which seemed silly @ an all inclusive but so worth it. I missed out on the glass bottom boat ride. There is also a time to get picture with all 7 characters but didnt know when that was & missed that too. There is also Baking with Cookie Monster.
The beaches are beautiful with all sorts of activites but we didn't do any given my kids ages.
Resturants, our favorite Marios, ask about the kids seating. The lower section has kids size tables w/coloring pages and the adults sit around the perimiter in grown up tables. Allows for nice evening!
They staff was all insanely Happy & so accomidating as if they know you are a burnt out parent in need of rest. I definately recommend this destination.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank abcedfg

Reviewed March 18, 2010

This place is great, stayed at the Caribbean, but spent most everyday at the Italian, you must try to get to every resturant for dinner. Get there early, as your dining experience will take about 2 hours at every place. All the stage shows are great, go ahead and go on the stage, it is a blast and make sure someone has a camera to capture you. The staff is the best!! Could not find a chair to sit in at the pool a staff member found me 4, get there early!! There is no place you can go that will be perfect, but this is the closest you can get. At night we partied at the Cricketer's and Liquid. Don't be stuffy dance, sing and let yourself go. Some in our crowd, of 16, are very picky eaters, they loved the food. The Jasmine smelled so good at night. I thought they sprayed something scented. Beautiful flowers, bushes. The rooms are pretty and there is a morning and a night maid. If you want something just ask for it and you proably will get it. Swim up bars, pools are great, all but one pool was nice and warm. Can not say enough about the Turks & Caico Beaches Resort!! Make sure to make a trip to the Conch Shack and have some Conch Pistols. Relax, let go, HAVE FUN.

1  Thank pja1a
Reviewed March 17, 2010

First let me be up front and tell you that I’m an extremely picky person. If there is something wrong, I am not afraid to speak up. The reason for this is I feel when you’re paying a large amount for such a special experience you deserve the very best. So let me start with my review.
Arrival: The airport is very small. We cleared customs and stepped outside where we were greeted by two Beaches representatives who helped us get to our shuttle. The drive to the resort was 10-15 minutes. The van that picked us up was ok, but the driver drove like an idiot. Good thing is we were in the van for a short time. Once we arrived at the French Village, we were taken to the reception desk. Check in was smooth for us since we arrived right around check in time (which is 3pm). The reason I’m mentioning this is I saw others arrive at 11am and they were not allowed in their rooms until 3pm.
Room: We stayed in a French Village Luxury Walkout King. The room was very clean and presentable. It had 2 sinks, one in the bathroom and one right outside the bathroom. Our room had a king bed with a pull out trundle bed. I traveled with my wife and 3 year old son; this room could have easily fit another child. The rooms are thoroughly cleaned between 8-5pm and then again from 5pm-10pm. The patio was small but charming as it had enough space for my wife and I to enjoy a drink after our little one went to bed. We were very pleased with our room. We did extend our stay by two days. We looked at a Honeymoon Grande Luxe King Room in the Caribbean Village and even though it was a higher room classification, it was not nearly as nice as what we had in the French Village. One of my biggest concerns when booking this resort was what room should I choose? Here is what I will say, I was not impressed with the high end room in the Caribbean (mentioned above) and so I can only imagine what the bare bones looks like. The Italian Village, is ultra nice however it is way too much and the pool is always overcrowded. I think the best bang for your buck is anything in the French Village.
Camp Sesame: It is open from 9AM-5pm closes for 1 hour and reopens from 6pm-9pm. Our son LOVED this place. They have a schedule for every day of the week. The kids do something different every 30mins-1hour. They receive visits from the Sesame Street characters and the kids are fed meals while at camp. They will be put down for a nap per your requested time. I checked in several times the first two days my son was there, he was having so much fun. I think the staff over there especially Nadine, Rushane, Hendricka and Sylvia went out of their way to make this trip amazing for me and my family. The manager for the entire Camp Sesame Fedeline was constantly involved with her staff in a positive, organized manner and was always there to greet parents. I can’t say enough about the above women who had my son asking to go to camp. Camp Sesame made the trip for our son!
Pools: Every area has pools, though if your kids want to be entertained or you do, the Caribbean/French are the only ones that play music and seem to do entertaining. The Italian is nice, but it seems everyone’s butlers will attempt to reserve every chair in the entire pool village. My wife and I thought this was insane, as it has been noted in other reviews. Beaches even has a sign attached saying that any chair reserved with a personal items becomes null and void if the person has not used the chair for/by 1.5 hours. We just asked to move the belonging (a book with a towel) and were told that if the chair had been unattended to go ahead. So after the first time, we stopped asking and just took it upon ourselves to claim the chair as some of these chairs would sit vacant for 4-6 hours.
Restaurants: Best for Breakfast was Schooners/ Buffets at either Reflection/Giuseppe’s would be 2nd. Best for Lunch Barefoot by the Sea/The Cricketer’s Pub. Best for Dinner was Sushi Bar/Barefoot by the Sea. My son’s favorite place was Bobby D’s as it had an endless supply of Cheeseburgers, Hotdogs, Ice Cream and cotton candy. The only place to require a reservation was Kimonos, a Japanese Steak House. The rice wasn’t very good. The chefs were somewhat unoriginal. You could sit there and listen to the same song your cook sang, and hear 2-3 others doing the same thing. Go once check it out, move on.
Miscellaneous: If your child can still fit in a stroller, bring it. Beaches charges 10 dollars per day at the resort if u forget yours. Sunscreen, bring it! It will cost twice the amount at the resort. Digital camera, I know you will bring it, just bring enough memory. 10 pictures taken by the photo center put on CD at the resort will cost you about $130. The more pictures you buy the less per picture.
In closing I would recommend this Resort to anyone that HAS kids. We really enjoyed ourselves. Our son loved everything about the Camp Sesame. My family and I would not return to Turks & Caicos because outside of the resort there is nothing at all. I will in the future go to Beaches at another location because we were thoroughly impressed with everything they had to offer.

5  Thank dgdeppen
Reviewed March 17, 2010

Not once during the entire week did we ever want for anything. Everything we needed and more could be found at Beaches. We are a family of three, 2 adults and a 3.5 year old, we always wanted to travel to the Turks & Caicos islands and when we arrived at Beaches we could not have been happier.

Pick up from the airport, check in and arrival were perfect. We chose to stay in the Caribbean Village. At first we were nervous because it is the oldest section of the property but for the price and location it suited our needs just fine. The Italian Village appeared to be the nicest but you are so close to everything you can enjoy all the amenities that each village has to offer.

Having never been to an all inclusive resort before, we were most concerned about the quality of the restaurants and the overall feel of the resort. The restaurants exceeded our expectations. Our favorites were Barefoot for breakfast and Mario's for dinner. We also took advantage of pizza and a movie night. We were surprised to find that we never had to wait to be seated in any of the restaurants we chose.

We took advantage of the Red Lane Spa which was wonderful and we booked an Elmo catamaran excursion which was great.

The Sesame Street characters and resort events were perfect for our little one. During the week that we stayed (Jan 30-Feb 6), the resort guests were primarily families with young children. The resort on the whole seemed to cater to children 18 and younger. Travelers will want to keep this in mind should you be looking for a quiet time at a pool as there are always children around.

Departing from the resort to head home could not be any easier. We had a later flight but were able to store our carry on luggage with the front desk. The departure lounge is great. We were able to take showers and they provide snacks and drinks so we were good to go!

A note on tipping and towels, it was strange to us to not tip. Never did we ever feel like any member of the resort was interested in a tip. Everyone we met would go above and beyond to meet our needs and it felt genuine. The resort staff were among some of the nicest people I have ever met during any of my travels. They are happy to be there and it shows. At the end of the week, we tipped those who we had the pleasure of seeing throughout the week (our housekeeper, bartender etc) and they were so appreciative.

In regards to towels, it is best to grab your pool/beach towels in the morning and hold on to them because they seem to stop stocking mid afternoon. However no worries because one day I could not find a towel and a member from the pool staff found me one and placed it on my chair with fresh flowers!!! An example of how hard the staff works to go above and beyond!!

Turks and Caicos islands are beautiful and so is Beaches. If you are looking for an all inclusive luxury resort that you can enjoy with your family Beaches is the perfect place!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank globetreck07
Reviewed March 17, 2010

My husband, my 3 year old, and myself just recently got back from our first real family vacation to Beaches Turks and Caicos. We had a wonderful time! When you arrive at the airport, you will find that it is very small. Beaches have reps there to greet you and get you on the right shuttle. I've read other people's reviews regarding the shuttle. The vans are a little old but you are only in it for what maybe 10 minutes if that?!? The grounds are immaculate and I felt Beaches did a phenomenal job of trying to keep everything clean. We stayed in the French Village and our room was belle! Perfect for us. We extended our stay 2 days (a whole other story) and we had the option to switch rooms to go stay in the Carribean villas (I believe the room was called the Honeymoon Grand Luxe). This room was supposed to be an upgrade? No thank you! We went and checked the room out and it was smaller and just didn't seem as nice as our room. It did have a beach view but it was not worth the switch for the quality of the room. Seriously, don't pay all that money to stay at the Italian or Carribean. The French village is great. It's not like you can't go venture all over the resort during the day. The Italian village pool does get crowded because it is the nicest and newest area. It is hard to find a chair by the pool because the butlers "reserve" the chairs for guests by putting books on the chairs. Well guess what? These seats can only be reserved for an hour and a half. My husband and I moved some books a couple times because the chairs sat forever with no one coming to use them.
Our 3 year old little boy loved Camp Sesame and I didn't feel guilty one bit letting him go have fun there. The counselors are so nice and great with the kids! Nadine, Sylvia, Hendricka, and Rushane were absolutely wonderful with our "baby" boy. I am a stay at home mom no but when I wasn't, I would let these lovely ladies care for my son anytime! Everyday there were different activities and my son even did a couple neat crafts. The camp has a shaded kiddie pool for the little ones if you chose to allow your child to swim during the day. I can't say enough about this aspect of the resort. It was so nice to have breakfast as a family and then my son was able to do all the things he wanted and I got to spend quality time with my husband. We would pick him up by 4:30 and spend the rest of the evening doing family activities. If my husband and I wanted a nice romantic dinner together, to camp lil man went.
The food and drinks were better than I thought they were going to be! There are 16 restaurant options so it was nice picking and choosing everyday what we were in the mood for. My favorite breakfast was Schooner's, Barefoot by the Sea for lunch, and the sushi restaurant for dinner. I was dissapointed with Kimono's and didn't really understand why reservations were required. The food just wasn't that good.
As far as drinks, I've read some people's reviews about drinks being weak? Hello, all you have to do is ask them to add more alcohol! I did a couple times:) They did not use the cheap stuff either!!

Essentials for women to pack:

-- A cute little sheer cover for throwing on in between the pool and your room. I even had one of those one-piece romper type deals. It was comfortable and I just threw it on over my bathing suit.
-- Cheap thong flip flops, in addition to your cute ones, for wearing at the beach
-- Plenty of sunblock. Don't run out! Anything is too expensive in the gift shops
-- A couple cute dresses/sundresses for dressing up a little for dinner (depending on where you go)
-- Sunglasses

Essentials for mommies (we have a 3 year old):

--umbrella stroller!! I'm so glad we brought our ours. Beaches charges $10 a days to use their push carts (like the ones you can rent at the mall)
-- a good sunblock
--- regular shoes and flip flops for the kiddos. I love the Croc flip flops with the sling backs. I found a cute pair at the outlets for my son.
-- snacks and activities in case you get delayed at the airport!! You never know what might happen. We got delayed leaving and were at the airport for over 6 hours! Aaaaah, what a nightmare. Like I said, the airport is small, boring, and it was very challenging trying to keep a 3 year old entertained for that long.

In closing, my one big con about Turks and Caicos is that there really isn't much to do at all on the island. Yes, you do have all the water activities but as far as venturing out to site see or do shopping, forget about it. My husband and I ventured out and what a waste of time. A week vacation is a perfect amount of time to enjoy the resort and that's about it:)

I would highly recommend staying only a week. Any longer than a week is really not necessary in my opinion.

3  Thank Shaydep
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We just got back from Beaches and our kids are over the moon. Two girls 13 and 11 years old. We travelled with 4 other families with kids so there was 20 of us and not one person has a bad thing to say about this resort and we are all use to going to great places. The beach has to be one of the prettiest anywhere. Our kids ( 6- 16 years old ) were busy every day, we hardly saw them. We staye din the Italian Village which has the best pool and nice new rooms. The food was good at all the restaurants. The staff was exceptionally helpful and good natured at the bars, in the restaurants and in the spa. By far the best staff at any Carbibean getaway. We had a butler suite and our 2 butlers could not do enough for us. Love the cabanas at the pool side. thanks Ceomar and Honario. Two thumbs up we will go back. A very pleasant surprise as I have always been cinical of all inclusives.

2  Thank sandybeachsareus
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Beaches exceeded our expectations. I read a lot of reviews on Tripadvisor before going, got tips etc. so I thought I would share. I was nervous about there being a lot of unruly kids etc. but it wasn't that way at all. Take bad reviews with a grain of salt. I just don't know how you can complain when you are in paradise. We are pretty particular but enjoyed every minute of our stay. We were in the French Village in a walk out room. The outside area was perfect for drying bathing suits etc. We have two children ages 3 and 6 and they slept in a trundle bed while we slept in a king. There were no issues with sleeping after a day of activity. We barely put on the TV at night.

The beach is gorgeous. I ran for an hour each day. Hard packed sand but you need to go early...it gets hot. I wore sneakers but others ran or walked in bare feet as there are very few rocks, shells or anything...just sand. I jumped in the water with running clothes on when I was done. Don't miss going to the Fitness Center for an ice cold lavender/peppermint towel. They are in the refrig on the left when you walk in the door. It is a real treat.

For sitting on the beach, Treasure Beach is what I recommend. There is a bigger beach and plenty of space. You can easily walk up to Arizona's to go to the bathroom and to get drinks, snacks etc. Arizona's grill outside if fine if you want that for lunch but I don't recommend the restaurant otherwise.

I didn't know how I would feel about all inclusive. It was great to be done with your dinner and just get up and leave. We really enjoyed the food and found good healthy choices, tons of fresh fruit for breakfast etc. I am at a loss for anyone complaining about the food. There was such a variety. The cappuccinos in morning from the cafe were wonderful. We avoided the buffets and preferred service and had no issues with it being slow. I recommend Barefoots and Schooners for sit down breakfast on the beach. We would go to Gordon's for lunch. It is a nice reprieve out of the hot sun and to reapply sunscreen etc. They have beautiful salads and you can go into Marios buffet and pull anything else you might want from the buffet. Gordon's had a nice selection for the kids and they have grilled pizzas there too if you just want to grab a slice. We ate dinner twice at Schooners and we enjoyed it. I had a conch ceviche and grouper that was delicious. My husband got the lobster and shrimp risotto twice because he liked it so much.

Our favorite restaurant was the Sushi place next to Kimono's. We ate there three nights. They gave us chicken and rice from Kimonos for the children and you can also bring in food from any other restaurant for children if you want. Mercedes was wonderful and she recommended we chose different things each time when came. We had favorites but it was fun to try new sushi which is expensive without worrying about the price.

The French Village pool was perfect for us. We could keep an eye on both kids at all times. They both made a network of friends and played with them all week. We did not use the daycare/camp as we believe a family vacation is to spend time with our family not take a vacation from our children. People were considerate and nice. You do have to put towels out early but then find no one sitting in the chairs so we would take over some chairs if no one showed up. I think this happens at all resorts.

The kids can get self serve soft ice cream, popcorn, cotton candy....a kids dream.

As I have seen in other reviews, we thought the liquor might be watered down too. I had a couple of vodka tonics and felt nothing. We would drink a mashed banana drink with rum and again...no real buzz. Turk's Head beer was good. We drank the Beringer wine which is fine. Nothing great but fine and drinkable. Kimonos had wine you could buy but we passed.

Our flight was at 4:30 p.m. so they gave us a complimentary hospitality room to shower after we checked out at 11:00 a.m. so we could continue our day at the beach/pool last trip in the lazy river and shower at the end. It was also close to the departure lounge. Transportation to and from the airport was seamless.

The shows they offer are great but you can avoid them as well. The Sesame Street characters are cute and there is a picture opportunity a few times during the week. I heard the character breakfast was a waste.

I completely recommend Beaches. I never had to serve food or wash a dish for a week. While it is expensive, I'd have to say you get a certain quality of people staying there because of the price and we found the guests to be in control of their children and just enjoying themselves. I wouldn't recommend for a couple without children.

6  Thank MaureenM18