I thought Beaches was superb! I had read many of these reviews before we left for our trip and I admit that I was truly getting concerned. I even went and bought a plastic tube of industrial-strength roach deterrent bc I was so certain my room would be crawling with them - thankfully, it was not and I honestly say that I did not see one single bug in my room. There were lizards all over the grounds so maybe they helped control the bug population! As for accommodations, our room was a great surprise bc we were upgraded to a junior suite with concierge service...it was perfect and so no nice to have a stocked bar and fridge with a microwave right in our own room! (To be fair, my sister's family was also staying at the resort and their room was much less nice with a broken phone and no coffeemaker. I get the feeling that maybe the complimentary room upgrades were reserved for couples with no kids but no ever told me that for sure.) As for drinks, I found them quite strong - which was a good thing! I was getting Stoli and Cranberry on the rocks and the bartender would fill up each cup almost halfway with vodka before adding the Cranberry! As for service, I found almost everyone to be friendly and helpful...the only small issue was that the hostess and host at Reflections got a tad surly each morning when I asked for a to-go box but eventually they helped me out. As for the kids' pool - I thought the waterslide was a blast! I strongly urge any adult who wants to get back in touch with their carefree child side, to try it out!! I laughed all the way down! About food, I truly thought it was above average...Le Petite Chateau was our favorite - we had some delicious escargot, steamed mussels, warm goat cheese salad and honestly, some of the most tender beef filet with bernaise sauce that we have ever tasted! At Sapodilla's, my husband had the best lambchops he has ever ordered and I adored my pan-fried snapper with prawns and capers. As Schooners, we had Pinot Grigio, shrimp cocktail, and steamed king crab legs (that were already cut open down the middle so no need for cracking or messy peeling). Oh and the sashimi at the Sushi bar was actually very good, which I was not excpecting. The yellowtail, tuna and salmon sashimi were very nice. For a late night snack, I have to admit that the made-to-order "fast food" burgers at Bobby D's were delicious too! oh and your MUST try the crepes at Cafe de Paris. Probably my least favorite restaurant was Arizona's though we only tried it for lunch. The nacho chips were stale every time! But if that's my only food complaint, that's pretty good!
1. You will walk A LOT bc this resort is LARGE so be prepared and bring comfortable shoes!
2. My husband and four of his family member went on a private deep sea fishing charter that was recommended by the resort and it was $1000 for a half-day. Apparently the guide was surly and rude and not knowledgeable about finding good fishing spots in the area. So be warned if you are fishermen.
3. For those 30 or older, Turtles Bar is probably more your speed than the Music Bar in the French Village. The latter is filled mostly with 18-22 year olds dancing to current music...okay, I know I am showing my age!!
Other than those 3 small things, I would recommend this resort to anyone - enjoy yourselves, future travelers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario's Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales