We traveled to Beaches Turks and Caicos from May 10-16 with our 3 children, ages 2, 4 and 6. We had a great time, and our kids loved it too. Here is what I would recommend if you are planning a vacation here:
1) We stayed in the Honeymoon 1Bdr Suite. It was perfect for us and our children. Every night they bathed in the big hot tub with jets. We were able to put them to bed in the "bedroom" and still hang out in the living area, then we transferred them to the pull out couch when we were ready to go to bed. This room also had a fully stocked fridge and bar with everything from juices to sodas to bottled water to beer to liquor. They restocked it at least 4 times during our stay, and it was wonderful to be able to give our children drinks or snacks without leaving the room to go and get something. This room was also close to the beach, and centrally located to all pools. You couldn't hear the loud entertainment from the French Village which was nice when trying to sleep. If you can, book this room!!
2) We used the nanny service twice and the kids loved her (Thanks Doreen!) We were able to request her for the second time and that way the kids got to know just one person. She fed the kids dinner, took them to play at the playground and took them to the Sesame Street Shows. They fondly called her "SuperNanny" :o)
3) The kids clubs were OK. My oldest seemed to enjoy his time with the 6-8 year olds at Pirate's Island. He was well taken care of and made some new friends. We never left any of our children in the camps longer than an hour at a time. This was a family vacation, so we preferred to stay that way. The Cuda Club was more like a daycare. I did leave the 2 and 4 yr olds there, but only when necessary and never for very long. They LOVED the Sesame Characters, so I tried to coincide the drop-offs with the characters to make leaving them a little easier.
4) The Sesame Characters are around, you just have to know where and when to find them. We didn't do the breakfast with the characters, but my children still saw plenty of them.
5) Chair wars were non-existent. I was prepared to go save chairs and I never had to. I think May is a nicer time to go to the resort, maybe not as busy.
6) Food was OK to Exceptional depending on where you went. We LOVED Sapodillas, we had the best portabella mushroom we've ever had there. We also loved Schooners crab legs for dinner and their nice "sit down-non buffet" breakfast. They even cut our children's food for them once!! The best buffet was Reflections, but we found ourselves eating lunch at Arizona’s every day as it was close to our favorite pool and the beach. Also, my 4 and 6 yr. old figured out how to get their own lunches at the grill there. What could be better than that?? Kimonos was great fun, and extremely entertaining for our children.
7) We had a couple "Housekeeping" problems where they didn't get to our room to clean until it was naptime for our 2 younger children. They said they'd return at 4pm, and then didn't. Still by 6:30pm, our room wasn't cleaned. By the time we got back to our room for the night, it had been done, but that was after complaints to concierge. I would recommend, if you have the concierge service, to set up the housekeeping times with them to ensure they don't try to clean your room at an inopportune time in your family's schedule.
8)If you like your flavored coffee first thing in the morning, like we do, then go to Cafe de paris for a nice Mocha latte. One of us made the trek every day at 7:30 to get our delicious caffeine kick.
Seriously, I've looked into other all inclusives for families, and Beaches is the only resort I've found that has kid's programs for children under the age of 4. If we hadn't come here, we wouldn't have been able to take our 6 year old snorkeling, or spend an hour by the pool alone.
All in all, it really was a fabulous vacation. We relaxed, we ate well, we swam a lot, we spent quality time together, and got really tan. What could be better?? The beach is the cleanest beach I've ever seen, and the ocean is incredible. Crystal Clear and Warm! If you have small children, you will love it here, and so will they!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario's Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales