We just returned today from a 7 night stay at Beaches Turks and Caicos Resort. My husband and I and our 3 kids (7, 4 and 1 in age) had a great time during our stay. I have to be honest that I was very nervous about the resort due to many negative reviews I have read. We gave it a go anyway and completely disagree with many of the bad things we heard.
First of all, let's start with the food. Aside from fresh seafood (which was plenty in abundance), we did not choose to vacation in Providenciales because of the food. We went beause of the diving, snorkeling and beaches that this island is known for. We are from near Manhattan so we are used to eating fine dining - we went open-minded and did not expect any comparison to what we are used to eating. However, there were several restaurants such as Le Petit Chateau and Sapodilla's which we found excellent. There is always something for everyone's liking at all of the restaurants. Schooner's was great as well. There was always tons of fresh fruit and vegetables available with every meal, along with a big variety of desserts. No, the service was not always perfect but once again, this is not The Four Seasons.
Another criticism I found to be untrue was the "poor attitude" of the staff. The basic rule of thumb in life is generally to treat others as you would like to be treated. I worked in the service industry for many years and it is difficult to be nice to people who are rude and unfriendly. I noticed that many employees at Beaches did not feel confident enough to be friendly simply because I have a feeling they are used to people acting rude toward them. All it takes is a smile or "Good Morning" and it is amazing what a little kindness can do. No employee was ever rude to any member of my family.
As far as the kids club goes, my 2 oldest kids both participated on and off almost each day in their appropriate age group. The camp was far from boring and I know this because my husband and I were curious and popped in once in a while.
We never wanted for a towel and the pool was never cold. A hot pool is not refeshing anyway. The nightly entertainment was not "campy" (after all, it's not Las Vegas!) As far as bugs go, this is the Caribbean! I learned this after living in Key West for 2 years. If you are going to leave empty Coke cans and food wrappers in your room overnight, they will come. We never saw a bug in our room.
We would definitely return to Beaches and are looking to go to Beaches Negril next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario's Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales