“Fantastic - exceeded my expectations”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Denville, New Jersey
“Fantastic - exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed April 21, 2009

My husband and I went to Beaches Turks & Caicos for 5 nights April 8-13 with our four boys ages 9, 6, 4 and 1. We stayed in the Italian Village, DaVinci Suite, Ocean front.

I cannot say enough about this place. The room was gorgeous, clean and comfortable. The beds, pillows and sheets were high end and very comfortable. We asked for extra pillows upon arrival and they were brought up to our room immediately. The crib for our baby was a comfortable Full Size crib (not a pack and play like some hotels provide). The room was extremely quiet. We did not hear anything.

The nightly turn down service was great and the maid service was very thorough.

The entire staff was extremely friendly.

Our baby spent the day in the nursery (Camp Sesame) where the staff was great with our baby. It was clean and the comfortable.

The waterpark was a lot of fun for our kids.

The Italian Pool was great.

My husband did have to go down to the pool or beach at 6 am daily (I am not exaggerating when I say 6 am sharp) to reserve pool or beach chairs. That does seem to be an issue. To be honest, it did not really bother us as we are early risers. But, I could see how that could really annoy some people.

The place was well kept up. Except for the Caribbean Village. I really hope they have some type of upgrade planned for that section as it is really old and run down.

The beach is indeed gorgeous. The sand is like pancake flour. The water is calm and no chops. It is like a giant salt water pool. The weather was sunny and about 85-87 degrees daily.

We only stayed 5 nights as we did not know what to expect. Upon leaving, we already booked for the same week next year. This time for 8 nights.

We were told the resort was at maximum capacity as it was over Easter/spring break. And yet, never did it feel crowded or like we were on top of people. It was very spread out.

A lot of folks have been trying to compare this place to the Atlantis. We go to the Atlantis also yearly in June. Folks - they are two different types of resorts. Both have different feels to them. Both are great in their own way.

We cannot wait to return to Beaches Turks and Caicos - the Italian Village is truly a 5 star experience. I would be happy to answer any further questions.

6 Thank RoseIC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,904)
  • Indonesian first
Florida
Reviewed April 21, 2009

This was our first trip to Beaches in Turks and Caicos. We arrived on a Friday and our room was reserved in the French Village. The room there was nothing more than a Holiday Inn. I then spent the next TWO days trying to have our room switched. The Manager David, was unhelpful and kept trying to convince me that the ENTIRE resort was full. I then had to speak to guest services Manager and she was finally was able to us get an upgraded room in the Caribbean side. The activities were fun for our 2 children and the food was great. Just a very expensive trip for what we got. We realized we are better off staying at The Ritz Carlton Hotels next time.

2 Thank cschmidy
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 20, 2009

The beach was beautiful as was the water. There were several pools, variety is good.
The pool water was warm, also good.
The food was very good and fresh despite having to cater to large numbers. The Italian village is new and a real hit. Mario's restaurant was very popular and rightly so. The buffet breakfast was great, lots of choice and high quality. The evening menu was delicious and this restaurant was our favorite. There are many restaurants and this is a huge plus. We didn't have time to try them all! A good pizza stand was also available during the day. The whole Italian village was pristine and inviting.
All the staff in the resort were helpful and very nice.
We took the Kitty Kat boat trip which we loved and the crew were excellent.
A couple of pointers: remember they don't have queen beds, just king or doubles. Doubles are like a full in the US so pretty small for us. Next time we will get 2 rooms for the 4 of us. We chose the lowest level for the room so the above rating is good.
This was an all-inclusive and truly was. All drinks (alcohol and non) were also included. So was the cotton candy ! Don't go to the Caribbean unless it's all-inclusive, not worth it. (we've done that too so we know).
We felt very safe and the children could go around safely. Our children are 8 and 14.
There is also a Game room (xbox etc.). Adding ping-pong tables in the shade would be great...
We stayed 1 week.
We put our wallets in the safe and retrieved them only when we had to leave...

The water park was fun for all.

• Stayed April 2009
7 Thank happygirl017
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2009

I just spent a week at Beaches Turks and Caicos. What follows is:

1) a (positive) description of my experience eating gluten free at Beaches Turks and Caicos, and

2) a few words about two of the people who made it particularly easy to eat there: CHEF ANTONIO Tardi (the Head Chef at Mario’s in the Italian village) and JOAN (Mario’s Restaurant Manager).

1) GLUTEN FREE EATING AT BEACHES TURKS AND CAICOS

I have Celiac Disease, and, as a result, must eat gluten free. Negotiating 3 meals a day in restaurants while traveling can be difficult, as many people do not really understand what gluten is (the protein found in wheat, barley and rye) and where it can hide (for example, soy sauce, salad dressings, marinades, etc…).

Beaches Turks and Caicos has a well-run Dietary Restriction Program in place that, in my experience, can handle whatever special accommodations a person requires. All you have to do is fill out a form the meal before you need it (e.g. - at lunch, submit a request for dinner) and you can have whatever food you like in whatever restaurant you like. I was on vacation with 17 members of my family, so I was very grateful to be able to eat wherever everyone else wanted to eat. It was a nice change from having to be the one that everyone else in the family has to accommodate.

Alternatively, instead of filling out a form for every meal, you also can have a standing order in place at one of the restaurants. For example, for breakfast, I had a standing order at Mario’s in the new Italian Village, where they made me gluten free pancakes with chocolate chips every morning. A little indulgent, but being able to eat pancakes (and good ones!) in a restaurant was such a treat that I just couldn’t help myself.

Beaches has many gluten-free products available. They had gluten free bread, pasta, and as I have already mentioned, pancakes. I let Beaches know ahead of time that I was coming, (in my experience, this kind of advance warning never hurts), but I believe that they have these products at the resort at most times. The trick is to let the resort know where you’ll be dining once you arive, so that they can be sure to have the foods you want at the restaurant you’ll be eating at.

2) THANK YOU TO CHEF ANTONIO (the Head Chef at Mario’s) and JOAN (Mario’s Restaurant Manager)

I ate every meal that I could at Mario’s in the new Italian Village (I was with 17 other people, so the choice was not always mine). Chef Antonio and Restaurant Manager Joan truly made our vacation a great pleasure and indulgence.

Not only did CHEF ANTONIO understand what gluten free dining requires, he enthusiastically tempted us with a wide variety of special meals. From gluten free chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast to gluten free pasta and cheese omlettes with mango chutney for dinner, no request was too much. No matter what he was busy doing when we arrived, he always made us feel as though we were the only ones in the restaurant. Moreover, whenever he had a question about the safety of an ingredient, he came to ask us, even bringing out food labels for us to read. I really appreciate when people admit that they are uncertain about a food’s gluten free status, so as not to accidentally serve me gluten. We ate every meal we could at Mario’s, because of his thoughtfulness and attention.

JOAN, Mario’s Restaurant Manager, also deserves very special kudos. Not only did she expedite our morning pancakes, so that we often had our meal before our family members were back from the buffet, she also managed to find us multiple platters of fresh mango and papaya (which are not available on the regular buffets). Moreover, upon noticing that we loved the (as it happened) gluten free chocolate chip macaroons from the lunch buffet, she had the pastry chef make us a special platter of them as a treat for the next day’s dinner.

Finally, while Chef Antonio and Joan were usually around at lunch, it was great to generally not need them for that meal. Mario’s lunch has a rotating buffet of great fresh salads (with plain olive oil and vinegars) and many naturally gluten free hot foods (like risotto, polenta and roasted potatoes). Being able to just pick up a plate and navigate the buffet by myself was great, although I am sure that this aspect won’t seem like a big deal to people without serious food allergies or dietary restrictions. Every once in a while, I asked one of them for some gluten free bread to accompany my salads, but there were so many healthy, yummy options that I usually just went with the buffet for lunch.

IN SUM:
Typically, I lose weight while traveling, as there is little I can eat. With a mixture of delight and dismay, I can report that after this trip, I went home with pants a little too tight!

Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
43 Thank Taz8899
New York
Reviewed April 17, 2009

Demo: new yorkers family of four adults 30 something and 2 kids 6 and 3 april 10-16

flight: 3 hours from jfk direct...mosh pit to get on van at turk airport, could be better organized but in 15 minutes you are at beaches compound

accom: originally placed in carribbean village..old and decrepit...complained and got much better room at french village, more updated, plasma tv, kings size bed with trundle and close to tennis courts

pools: carribbean village: sewer, don't bother
italian: beatiful, wild and frenetic, if you like that
french: idyllic and calm
water park: lazy river and thats all you need to know

weather: partly cloudy skies with occ. brief shower 75-85 humid, strong sun, bring hi spf and wide brimmed had and uv protection swim shirts for kids and adults

food: reflections: lunch sandwiches, lamb chops, salads
marios: great buffet breakfast, ok italian fare for dinner
gordons piazza: good panini, pizza, chips and guac
sushi place: dont waste yur time, 1 hour wait for bad sushi... better in NY
bella napoli: great brick oven pizza, meat lover and conch the best
petit chateau: ate there twice adult only, duck and lamb, escargot very good
guiseppes: good quick breakfast
cricketeers: great beer, no wait for food, fast service
cafe de paris: various coffees and excellet french pastries
booby ds: friendly's type fare...kids love it... ice cream, shakes

beach: beatufil turquoise water, calm waters, safe for kids, no chop

activities: various, snorkel, dive, beach volleyball, widnsurfing, hobey cat,

entertainment: xbox game room, nightly ent. with sesame, karaoke, dancing

camp: dumped kids there everynight, camp sesame and pirates and they eventually made friends and watned to go every night...great counselors, good with kids

safety: guards on premises, although large compound felt very safe, safe in every room

overall: great place to relax, unwind in safe atmosphere and everything taken care of ... a very hassle free vacation... will return next year

14 Thank cturk
pennsylvania
Reviewed April 17, 2009

I highly reccommend Beaches Turks and Caicos to everyone! We just got back and had a fabulous time. The place is gorgeous, the beach spectacular, the food incredible, and the staff could not have been nicer.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 16, 2009

This was our second time at Beaches T&C, our third trip to a Beaches Resort. Everything was wonderful, we stayed in the Italian Village because it was being built last time we were there and we wanted to see it completed. The rooms are great... top notch! Nice to have the separate areas for the kids. We loved hanging out at Cricketer's Pub in the evenings. The pool was great, and we didn't have too much trouble getting chairs at the beach or the pool (although, tipping the pool guys helped, hint hint!), and the resort was full, being the week before Easter. We have two daughters, 13 and 14 yrs old, who had a ball at the teen activities/camp. We barely saw them all week! I have to say the resort should do a better job at advertising the various activities to the people staying in the Italian Village. We felt very "secluded" from the rest of the resort. Since this was a return trip for us, we knew where to go to find the fun. If we returned a third time, we'd probably stay in the Caribbean Village next time so that we could be closer to the "action". We like to have interaction w/the staff, and to get to know the people, it was a little harder to do being in the Italian Village. Also, the significantly higher prices, just weren't worth it to us since we really didn't spend that much time in our rooms. All of the employees were friendly and went out of their way to make you comfortable. The food was good... for an all-inclusive resort... the beach can't be beat... the whitest, powder soft sand I've ever seen... and the clearest, blue-est water ever! Just beautiful! We had nice weather too. Club Liquid was a hit for our teens, the waterpark wasn't as big of a hit as we thought for family. We were so worried about it possibly not being completed before our arrival, but in hindsight, it really didn't matter. It was nice... but our kids had enough other things to keep them entertained. I have to say that there really is not much to do on the island outside of the resort, so keep that in mind if you like to do excursions, or sightseeing, this place may not be for you. I would highly recommend Beaches T&C to anyone w/kids of any age. They know how to do it right! I have posted some photos. Feel free to contact me w/any questions.

9 Thank beachiemom