“Highly recommended - Beaches, what a great resort!”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed June 11, 2014

My wife and I (no kids) recently returned from spending 9 days at the Beaches resort in T&C for our 3rd anniversary. The service was spectacular from the very start! Sandra Lee in concierge was extremely helpful with any wish we had with a smile, and always remembered us by name. Not to mention that Sandra Lee had some great surprises for us on our anniversary night that were truly appreciated and above and beyond!

We stayed in the Caribbean Village in one of the Oceanfront Suites, with our balcony looking directly over the beach and ocean... had to be one of the best locations in the village, and it was beautiful! Seeing that we have no kids, and knowing there would be families, we still had no issues with feeling like we were being overrun with noise or crazy kids. I think most families were in the other villages from what we saw on our walks, which makes sense because those are closer to the water park and have bigger pools for the kids. Weather was also great, and I only remember a short heavy rain on 1 or 2 days that lasted 60-90 minutes then sunny again.

During our time we visited nearly every restaurant on the property... around 15 of them... and I have to say we were happy with the quality of every dining experience! The 2 that stood out to us the most were Sapodillas and Le Petit Chateau. Sapodillas is where we chose to have our anniversary dinner, and we were treated top notch with flower petals on the table and top notch service by the manager Stephen and our waiter Anthony, not to mention great food. We also really enjoy sushi, so Soy was a great little place to grab some when the craving arose.

Each night we also frequented the adults only bar Turtles in the Caribbean village. The bartenders, staff, and entertainment were great every night. Specifically, Aiken, David, TJ, and Lori Ann kept us entertained and were so much fun we kept wanting to come back every night!

We are also avid divers, and this was another reason for picking this resort... both dive location rating and the all inclusive. The dives, boats, and equipment were great. We had some weather that caused visibility issues one day, but the good wall/reef dives out on Northwest Point were great ones... reef sharks, moray eels, lobster, turtles, barracudas... all the good stuff. Concerning the Dive Masters... they are very conservative compared to all the other places I've been. I'm Advanced Open Water, but because my wife is OW they stay to the 60ft max depth, so be aware. I can respect that because I witnessed a lot of rookie divers (probably because it's included) that needed to be watched... Look, shark, now they're headed towards 100ft with no realization. Make sure you take a dive computer and after your first dive if your AOW or above they'll let you have a bit more freedom. My only criticism is this... Dive Masters, please don't openly share that you would rather not be diving. This was disappointing because I've dove all over, our last trip being Grand Cayman (still #1 in my book), and everywhere you can tell diving is the DM's passion... not so much here. With all the rookie divers, I can try to empathize though as that has to be taxing. One kid ran out of air on both dives on one day, having to get on the DMs secondary and forcing early return to the boat both times. All we could do is shake our heads and enjoy what was left of our dive under the boat.

All in all, this was one of the best resort vacations we have taken for all inclusive quality... Mexico all inclusives don't even come close! Like I mentioned to one of the staff while there, if you find something significant to complain about or not be happy with at Beaches T&C, my first thought would be you're just not a happy person or got extremely unlucky. We absolutely loved our vacation and look forward to visiting another Sandals or Beaches in the future!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Matthew Y

Reviewed June 11, 2014

The beaches and water and property was amazing. The staff was so kind and so helpful. We had super fun on the Kitty Kat snorkel tour, and an amazing experience parasailing. The included snorkel tours were so much fun. I wish we could have stayed longer. We loved the Arizona restaurant. The other restaurants were ok.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bearlakers2014
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Second trip was really, really good, just like the first. Best beach and water we have ever seen.......so many things to do on this property for all ages. Food was great and and the staff is perfect. Hanely at the Sky Bar was simply wonderful, Cameron, the Concierge in the Carribean Village was super duper, top notch.......the entire Concierge team was first class. Andrew at the Italian Pool and Bishop at the Italian Bar were stand outs. Many, many others that were excellent too. Things that could use a little help.......Turtles Bar could use some updating as many areas of the Carribean Village could use. In the current condition, it is still above average, but out of line with the rest of the resort. We rebooked for next year while we were there.....Key West Village next year and added two more days.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for.........don't cut corners.
1  Thank Paul P
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Just back from 6 days celebrating my daughter's wedding at Beaches. We were a group of 34 traveling from mostly the East Coast. Travel from JFK and Newark an easy 3 hour nonstop flight. Through customs and to the Beaches van in 20 minutes. My husband and I stayed in the Key West village, my older kids and significant others stayed in the French village. My daughter and her fiancée were upgraded to a large suite in the Caribbean village. The Caribbean village is older and as other reviewers have stated needs to be updated....but the rooms were clean and perfectly fine especially if you're not in them all day. Never saw the rooms in the French village but my kids said they were great....Key west was lovely and very quiet. However, we would leave our room every morning by 8, meet everyone at Arizona's beach for the day, and not return until 6 or so to get ready for dinner. We kind of liked being away from all the action in Key West.

Food: breakfast every morning at the Sky lounge...can't beat the scenery....and easy for us since located at key west village. Made to order eggs or omelettes or buffet. I understand all the breakfasts were similar in various restaurants. Lunchtime we ate at Arizona's since it was right at the top of the beach stairs. Everything was great from burgers and hot dogs to jerk chicken. Some ventured at lunch to grab pizza and the wait was about an hour. Dinners we ate at La Petit Chateau (fabulous), Neptunes (very good), Sapodillas (so-so) and kimonos (fabulous). We had heard mixed about Kimonos but it must come down to the group of people you are with and the chef that you have. We were a group of 13 with a great chef and the food and entertainment was typical of any good Hibachi restaurant in the states. French cafe awesome for all your espresso and coffee needs....fresh baked warm cookies daily. Bobby Dees great for late night ice cream and diner type food anytime of the day.

Kimonos is the only restaurant that takes reservations. They will tell you if you have a party of 10 (which we did) you can reserve at the other restaurants. However, this is only true if you make the rez between 5-6 pm which is ridiculous...

Weather and wedding : fabulous except for the 60 minutes of torrential rain immediately following the wedding ceremony! The only negative I will state about the entire wedding experience is the wedding planner was pressuring my daughter to move the reception indoors to a conference room while it was pouring. Thank goodness we did not do that, because by 6 pm the sun was out and the lighting on the beach was beautiful. They were then able to set up the cocktail hour outdoors overlooking the beach and sunset! The food was mostly great, except by the time they served our table the filet was ice cold. The pineapple baked Alaska was out of this world and many guests were still raving about it the next day. The wedding photographer (James Bond) was terrific, as was the DJ. After the wedding we moved down by Arizona's beach where a fire pit was lit and an entire table set up for s'mores. We were also able to light the wish lanterns. The wedding planner was obviously mad my daughter insisted on staying outdoors, because that pushed everything back by about an hour. And since she had to stay til the end of the ceremony which ended at about 11pm, her attitude about the whole situation was unprofessional.

Snorkeling: we booked the Island Vibes tour...they pick you up right on the beach. This was fabulous and IMO a much better option than the Beaches catamaran which loads up their boats. We had about 20 people on our snorkeling trip and shout out to Captain Mo and Emanuel they were a great crew!

All in all a fabulous experience and the destination wedding that my daughter wanted to have...feel free to PM me if you need further info or have additional questions.

One more thing the staff at Beaches could not have been more friendly!

4  Thank samata
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My wife and I recently returned from a wonderful trip to Beaches Turks and Caicos. My three year old son enjoyed it. We were there for five days and four nights. Upon arrival, you're greeted with a cold wash cloth to cool off and a glass of rum punch. We had an idea of what to expect because we stayed at a Sandals resort before. Beaches is Sandals for families.

After checking in, which was done fairly quickly, we headed to our rooms. We stayed in the Caribbean Village. The room was nice. The bathroom, which could be updated, is on the right as soon as you walk in. The comfortable king bed and the trundle bed are further in. The trundle bed was a great addition because it meant we did not have to share a bed with our son or travel with an air mattress.

On our first night, we noticed our bathtub did not drain well and our safe was not working. I told my wife I would mention it. She said, "wait until tomorrow morning because nothing will be done now." It was 8:00pm at the time. I mentioned it anyway. By the time we got back to our room around 9:00pm, our tub and safe were both fixed. This is what I call great service.

The beaches and the pools are never overly crowded. You can always find a chair to relax and place your belongings while you enjoy the water. There are many restaurants to choose from. You have the option of seafood, Caribbean, Italian, Asian-fusion, French, etc. We tried most, if not all of the restaurants on site.

If you're travelling with young children, take advantage of the clubs. Our three year old loved Camp Sesame. Before we left for our vacation, I was a little reluctant to leave him with strangers, but the first night we decided to try it and I loved it and so did he. He got to interact with Sesame Street characters. On his first night, Elmo joined the children for a bed time story. Each day there is a "Word of the Day." A Sesame Street character talks about the word of the day with the children. What's also great about the Camp Sesame is that they take your child to lunch and dinner if you'd like them to. In the evening, when my wife and I wanted a nice dinner to ourselves, we took our son to Camp Sesame and felt assured that he would be fine. The caretakers make you feel comfortable leaving your child with them. They provide you with a phone in case they need to contact you.

If you're travelling with teens or pre-teens, there are also activities for them as well. Since we don't have a child in that age group yet, I can't provide more detail, but your 11-16 year old will definitely have plenty of activities to do.

There are a few restaurants on site that do not allow children under the age of 16. These restaurants were a little more upscale in appearance. My wife and I had no issue with that thanks to Camp Sesame.

Every night there is something going on at the stage or throughout the site. On our second night, there was a Caribbean Style Sesame Street parade. The entertainers and all of the major Sesame Street characters marched in a carnival style parade to Caribbean rhythms. It was wonderful.

We plan to make this one of our go-to family vacation spots. It was an amazing time and like the subject reads, "a must for families." If you'd like to vacation at this location, but don't have any kids, you can definitely do so. If you're familiar with Sandals, it is the same exact concept, with kid-friendly areas and restaurants. Therefore I would recommend Beaches Turks and Caicos for families, couples and/or friends.

4  Thank ReemRelle
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We just returned from our second trip to Beaches and loved it! It really feels like home. It was comfortable, enjoyable and the staff was even more friendly and helpful than our first trip. Beaches did not disappoint! While we stayed in the French Village the first trip, we opted for the more centrally located Caribbean Village this time around and loved it. While the rooms are pretty basic, we didn't care because we were hardly in the room. Spending the extra money on an expensive room did not seem worth it to us. The Caribbean Village was convenient to the pools, beach and the other villages, restaurants and all the amenities. We've even rebooked in the same village for a third stay in 2016.

There were a few great experiences worth noting. First, LOVED Soy. We ate there at least 4 times during our stay. The sushi is wonderful but the service is even better! We can't say enough about a Nancie, Jomo and Juliet. All were just so wonderful to us and really made each night so enjoyable. Next we're the folks at Barefoot by the Sea. One of the best places to eat with a great staff. Great job by Karen, Marie, Kady, Jessica and Dradley. Sky was new for us and we really enjoyed our visits to the Key West Village - great views from Sky restaurant. Thanks to Susan and Bigs! Lastly, there are a few people who gave us memories we'll never forget in the form of the most beautiful family photos. The photo shop is awesome, especially Joseph, Romaine and Darado. Because of their talent, patience and skill, we have the greatest souvenirs which capture an awesome trip! Thank you! We love our time at Beaches and can't wait to go back in 2016!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank SThomasNJ
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We just returned from 6 nights with our 2 children, daughter 11 and son 10. It was wonderful! The biggest pros for our family were the friendliness of the staff (dining and concierge folks are excellent). You could not walk 10 feet without someone smiling and asking if you are having a good stay. This made me feel comfortable about letting the kids wander together to the pizza stand while my husband and I just relaxed.

Daniel, Germaine and Ramone at Mario's Restaurant and my "family" Renee at Arizona's took great care of us at meal times. Kids enjoyed Bobby Dees and the water park. Our concierge team , including Sandy lee, came to the room with cake and sang me Happy Birthday which was super sweet.

The beach is clean and the water refreshing. We were a little disappointed in the snorkeling but it could have just been the rough water that day. Unimpressed with the views underwater, we were expecting to see live reef and color. Prophet and the water sports team were super friendly and offered us a sailboat ride after we finished our kayaking.

One of the toughest decisions when booking was deciding which Villiage to stay in. We couldn't have been happier with the concierge one bedroom suite in the Caribbean Villiage for the 4 of us. We were in Parrot Cay which is centrally located right behind the dive shop. When we first arrived I was disappointed with the fact that our view was of the back of the dive building but as it turned out we couldn't have chosen a better spot for having a quiet patio and a short walk to the Italian Villiage pool and the Iguana Pool. And the beach was just steps away.

Overall extremely happy with our trip. The only knock for us was the resort may have been a little too big. Did not like the vibe in the Key West Village at all and never made it to the French Village other than the edge of the water park. I certainly recommend Beaches Resort for cleanliness, friendliness and attention to detail.

Room Tip: Concierge level is worth the up charge. Caribbean Village is the oldest section but it was exactly w...
3  Thank Michelle T