“Paradise in every way!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Ottawa, Canada
“Paradise in every way!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

My family and I have had the pleasure of staying at Beaches 3 years in a row! We most recently stayed here back in January. We enjoyed our time in Turks and Caicos so much it's hard not to book at the "soon come back" for the following year.

Our first year we booked a deluxe room with a balcony in the Caribbean Village. We were blown away by all that this resort and the island had to offer and couldn't wait to return. Our second stay we spoiled ourselves a little and booked a family suite with pool view in the Italian Village. Terrific room if travelling with 2 or more kids. However the balcony is tiny! Sadly our second experience was not as positive as our first. Halfway through our stay a camera crew, models/actors and helicopters took over the resort and parts of the resort went on rotating closures. This was less than ideal for obvious reasons. BUT as we had such a great holiday our first year we decided to give the resort another chance and booked to return the following year. I sent a letter to Sandals and Beaches resort manager and they were gracious enough to compensate us with 3 complimentary nights for our next visit. True to their reputation for outstanding customer service and reputation I was very grateful for the gesture.

We returned in January 2014 to Beaches and were glad we did! It was just as we remembered. Beautiful white powdery beaches, warm turquoise waters and exquisite grounds. This year they opened a new village next to the Italian Village, The Key West Village. And once again they have outdone themselves. As unique onto itself as the Caribbean, French and Italian are, The Key West Village is stunning. But our favourite is the Italian for the ambiance. My daughter's favourite pool is the Caribbean pool. It is the deepest and the closest to the beach. We have stayed in the Caribbean and Italian Village. We find the French Village too segregated and far from the beach for our liking however it boasts some of the most beautiful gardens and grounds the resort has to offer. Coffee in the Cafe de Paris is a must! If you're feeling energetic try a Zumba class. We tried one all together early one morning. They hold the class on stage in the French Village at 7:00am. What an incredible way to start your day!

Reflections is the best restaurant for breakfast by far! Located in the Caribbean Village. They have a great omelette and breakfast fajita grill and the food seems to stay hotter than at Mario's in the Italian Village.

If you have booked a Concierge room be sure to take advantage of the complimentary snorkelling excursion available to you. There are multiple trip times and sign up is each day for the following day, so arrive early to snag your favourite time slot!

If you have opted for a more economical room category not to worry, there is excellent snorkelling a short stroll down the beach to the left of the resort. Sign yourself out some snorkel gear and make your way down to the protected marine park. There are TONS of fish to see and photograph and the water isn't very deep which is a plus if snorkelling with smaller children.

Last year my daughter and her cousin took an introductory scuba course called "Bubble maker" She LOVED it. They spent a couple of hours learning hand signals, how to use the scuba equipment and manoeuvre underwater. This year our daughter took a 2 day PADI course ideal for children 8+ called PADI Seal Team. She couldn't wait to get back for her second day in the scuba pool. Her instructor was terrific, very patient, attentive and made learning fun! I highly recommend the course for children looking for a little more adventure.

We always make an effort to eat at least once at each restaurant, but our favourite restaurant is Schooners. We always eat there 2 or 3 times. The King Scallops are a must! Kimonos, the Japanese restaurant is good fun too. Our girls even got a turn at the grill. Be sure to make your reservation as soon as you can after check in as it is very popular and books up quickly. If you like Sushi you won't be disappointed. "Soy' has an excellent selection. This is also one of our favourites.

I tried the spa this year, but was less than impressed with my massage. My therapist basically moved my skin around with oil for 60 minutes. Bleh! I don't think I'll return to the spa in future. I can get the same relaxation on the beach listening to the waves and save my dollars and back acne!

All in all an excellent family get away. Weather is consistently fabulous, grounds impeccable and service top notch.

We'll be back again soon, I'm sure! It's hard to resist a week in paradise!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Natalie P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,771)
  • Indonesian first
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

This resort s amazing beaches is a site everyone can see. The staff is so nice one of our close staff friend, Alberto, was so nice and the shows were amazing the choreographer maya made incredible dance moves. There is also a man named theodore that was nice enough to try to crack open a coconut for us and the announcer Havier was "Unbelievable" and even the gardeners were nice one including Paul all in all Turks and Caicos was an extraordinary site

Amaterdam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

We had a terrific stay this past February. The food choices are endless and quite good. The beach is near perfection and my 7 and 9 year daughters had enough to keep them going for 12 hours a day. The resort is well kept.
The Caribbean village is a bit tired though. The exterior is like a holiday inn painted in a nice Caribbean color. The Italian village is very nice. My only complaint about the Italian village is that I could not get the ac to go below 70 and the room was too warm at night. I asked them
To look at it but no one responded or you cannot override the unit.
Key west village is very nice and clean and is where we are going to stay next year. It is the more quiet side of the resort.
I would definitely recommend the resort for families.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Tony M
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

Best Vacation Ever! Thats what our kids are saying, we left with fantastic memories.

We stayed in the Caribbean Village in a Concierge Honeymoon Suite, and we loved it. Sure the Italian, Key West areas are more modern, but the best part of the beach is in the Caribbean Village.
The service was excellent, from the time they met us at the Airport, to taking us to our room, booking excursions, photography on the beach etc. Some wait staff looked like they would rather be doing something else, but for the most part all very friendly.

We ate at all the restaurants that our kids could go to, so can't review the two adults only.

Favourite Lunch- Cricketers Pub, very tasty, original.
Favourite Breakfast- Reflections, Great Breakfast Omelettes and Burritos.
Favourite Dinner Spot- Schooners- Kids loved the Lobster Bisque
My Favourite Dinner Spot- Kimonos- Japanese style, very entertaining and tasty. Make a reservation as soon as you arrive.
Best Sunset Spot- Sky Restaurant, its on an upper deck go for drinks and apps, the buffet gets cold because of the slightly windy location. Kids tried Sushi here and loved it

The beaches were busy, so I was getting up at 6 AM for a walk and grabbing covered lounge chairs, beware the Butlers grab the primo spots, but if you are early you can beat them at their own game.

We did tire of buffet, but the kids never do (9-12 Girls) The menu restaurants were all pretty good, service does tend to be a bit slow, but just have an extra glass of wine, you are not driving and they are on island time, and you should be as well.

The Beach is fantastic- the water is ultra clear and warm, go snorkelling. The non Resort Activities seem fine, but I could care less about parasailing, or banana boating, I doubt they carry much insurance so buyer beware.

Pools- favourite, Caribbean, great swim up bar, nice warm water, Arizona's is right there serving fantastic Jerk food. Wood oven Pizza around the corner.
Kids favourite pool was Italian Village, they liked the size, I thought it was too party central with teens and College kids, not my scene anymore.
The French Village, is not very exciting pool is okay, but great coffee at the paris Cafe, grab an espresso or Latte, and a pastry.

The Water park, its great for an afternoon or morning, try the surf machine, stand up surfing in the Morning, Body in the afternoon for smaller ones. Carful not to run, the surface is slippery when wet, I took a tumble near the water slide entrance.

Shopping is okay but limited selection, Beaches does need to get is retail act together, basics like rash guards were completely sold out, t shirts all had either drinking or sex double meanings, not okay for family resort. The staff was okay at the Italian village, excellent at the main store in the Caribbean.

Try the Catamaran Kitty Kat tour for snorkelling and a trip to Iguana Island, its a lot of fun, snorkelling around the coral reef is quite something, great fish, and we got to see and track a couple of iguanas on the island.

We will definitely go back, loved not having to look at the bill every meal, our kids had a great time, and my wife and I completely relaxed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Timmmer
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

I took my wife and 2 year old daughter here the last week of feb-mar. We stayed in the carribean village which is probably the lowest end of their rooms, we were not aware of that, but the room was fine. In terms of a place to bring a young family, i cant think of anything better. if you care about having young kids happy and entertained this is where you should go. If you are a young couple without kids, there is no reason to be here. We have already booked our trip back for next year, we will be staying in the Italian village which is much nicer and has IMO the best pool set up. Keep in mind this is an all inclusive resort so the food is only ok, you can always find something to eat, but its not going to blow your doors off by any stretch. I would definitely recommend this place to any family with young kids, say under 12.

Room Tip: I would stay in the Italian village.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank icebox56
Sabina, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Beaches Turks and Caicos is everything you can possibly imagine and more! We stayed in a Penthouse two bedroom two bath Italian Village Butler suite with a living room, dining area, kitchen and two balconies over looking the beautiful Grace Bay. My husband, our daughter and her friend, our son, and his friend, along with myself had 8 amazing days. Our Butlers Lisa and Jeffery went out of their way to make our vacation the most relaxing and fun filled trip ever! They could actually predict our needs before we even knew what we wanted. My husband enjoyed the trip so much, that he asked Lisa if she would kidnap him just so he could stay longer! My husband is 60, I am 50, our daughter is 21, her best friend 20, our son 16, and his best friend is also 16. Beaches provided so many activities that no one was bored. Eight days was not enough time to begin to enjoy everything that Beaches has to offer. Beaches Turks and Caicos should be on everyone's bucket list! I can't say enough about the friendliness, cleanliness, comfortable beds, delicious food, the most beautiful white sand beaches that never get hot and burn your feet, the most amazing turquoise water, and beautiful landscaping prettier than you could ever imagine. Sitting here in Ohio with the fourth snowiest winter on record, I am more than ready to head back to Beaches Turks and Caicos ! ! !

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Beam2000
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Wow. From the moment you set foot in Turks and Caicos Beaches resort, it is all about you. Eating whatever you want. The buffet was really good, generally speaking. I was expecting perhaps something mediocre, but it was actually quite fantastic. The kids selections were just what you would expect for chicken fingers and fries. But the best thing was that the selections were boundless--for the pickiest child on the planet, you could absolutely find something for someone, even if it was 3 a.m. The room was very small and tended to be a bit warm, but we spent very little time in our room anyway. We stayed in the multiple pools--they had a spectacular zero entry pool that had a number of swim up bars. They also had several shows in different locations throughout the day and night. They had a Carnivale parade, and these dancers were dressed in phenomenal headdresses. They had a fantastic storytelling night on the beach--the storyteller was a true master.
The beach was truly breathtaking. It was baby blue and clear to the bottom. Hard to describe. A once in a lifetime trip.

Room Tip: The closer to the central part of the resort are the better rooms, and you definitely pay more for i...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family