My family and I have had the pleasure of staying at Beaches 3 years in a row! We most recently stayed here back in January. We enjoyed our time in Turks and Caicos so much it's hard not to book at the "soon come back" for the following year.
Our first year we booked a deluxe room with a balcony in the Caribbean Village. We were blown away by all that this resort and the island had to offer and couldn't wait to return. Our second stay we spoiled ourselves a little and booked a family suite with pool view in the Italian Village. Terrific room if travelling with 2 or more kids. However the balcony is tiny! Sadly our second experience was not as positive as our first. Halfway through our stay a camera crew, models/actors and helicopters took over the resort and parts of the resort went on rotating closures. This was less than ideal for obvious reasons. BUT as we had such a great holiday our first year we decided to give the resort another chance and booked to return the following year. I sent a letter to Sandals and Beaches resort manager and they were gracious enough to compensate us with 3 complimentary nights for our next visit. True to their reputation for outstanding customer service and reputation I was very grateful for the gesture.
We returned in January 2014 to Beaches and were glad we did! It was just as we remembered. Beautiful white powdery beaches, warm turquoise waters and exquisite grounds. This year they opened a new village next to the Italian Village, The Key West Village. And once again they have outdone themselves. As unique onto itself as the Caribbean, French and Italian are, The Key West Village is stunning. But our favourite is the Italian for the ambiance. My daughter's favourite pool is the Caribbean pool. It is the deepest and the closest to the beach. We have stayed in the Caribbean and Italian Village. We find the French Village too segregated and far from the beach for our liking however it boasts some of the most beautiful gardens and grounds the resort has to offer. Coffee in the Cafe de Paris is a must! If you're feeling energetic try a Zumba class. We tried one all together early one morning. They hold the class on stage in the French Village at 7:00am. What an incredible way to start your day!
Reflections is the best restaurant for breakfast by far! Located in the Caribbean Village. They have a great omelette and breakfast fajita grill and the food seems to stay hotter than at Mario's in the Italian Village.
If you have booked a Concierge room be sure to take advantage of the complimentary snorkelling excursion available to you. There are multiple trip times and sign up is each day for the following day, so arrive early to snag your favourite time slot!
If you have opted for a more economical room category not to worry, there is excellent snorkelling a short stroll down the beach to the left of the resort. Sign yourself out some snorkel gear and make your way down to the protected marine park. There are TONS of fish to see and photograph and the water isn't very deep which is a plus if snorkelling with smaller children.
Last year my daughter and her cousin took an introductory scuba course called "Bubble maker" She LOVED it. They spent a couple of hours learning hand signals, how to use the scuba equipment and manoeuvre underwater. This year our daughter took a 2 day PADI course ideal for children 8+ called PADI Seal Team. She couldn't wait to get back for her second day in the scuba pool. Her instructor was terrific, very patient, attentive and made learning fun! I highly recommend the course for children looking for a little more adventure.
We always make an effort to eat at least once at each restaurant, but our favourite restaurant is Schooners. We always eat there 2 or 3 times. The King Scallops are a must! Kimonos, the Japanese restaurant is good fun too. Our girls even got a turn at the grill. Be sure to make your reservation as soon as you can after check in as it is very popular and books up quickly. If you like Sushi you won't be disappointed. "Soy' has an excellent selection. This is also one of our favourites.
I tried the spa this year, but was less than impressed with my massage. My therapist basically moved my skin around with oil for 60 minutes. Bleh! I don't think I'll return to the spa in future. I can get the same relaxation on the beach listening to the waves and save my dollars and back acne!
All in all an excellent family get away. Weather is consistently fabulous, grounds impeccable and service top notch.
We'll be back again soon, I'm sure! It's hard to resist a week in paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario's Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales