“I'm plotting our return!”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This is my first review on Tripadvisor, but since I read everyone else's reviews I figured I should contribute also.
We have been to this Beaches twice and I really want to go back this summer. We traveled with our kids (last time they were 8, 12) and you just can't beat the amenities. We went in July 2013 and while it was completely booked, it never felt that way (we were worried) We used Dream Makers Travel (thanks Amy McHugh) so transfer and check in were no problem! We have stayed in the French Village and the Caribbean Village and I liked both. Actually preferred the location of Caribbean bc we like to be closer to the ocean. These rooms are the lower priced villages so the rooms are basic but you are rarely in it.
Food is wonderful-if you can't find SOMETHING, you are TOO picky-this is coming from a VERY picky person LOL kids loved trying new things like clams and mussels. I know I gained 5 lbs.
No tipping policy rocks-we love not having to pull out the wallet. Yes, you pay for it up front and it's pricey, but it has to be the most relaxing place we've ever been.
Get your pictures taken by the beach at sunset, it's free and what a memory. Buy what you like!
The water in Turks and Caicos has spoiled me and I feel like a beach snob now bc our brown Atlantic ocean just doesn't cut it anymore.
The pools are open late, but the slides do close maybe at dark. Elmo and the gang are so fun to see no matter what your age.
Friday night they have a beach party with lots of food and bounce house, face painting etc. really nice! Since we are repeat guest we get invited to a "reunion lunch" and it's always yummy.
I'm sure anyone could nit pick and find minor issues but overall it is a fantastic all inclusive and I"m dying to return. Can't wait to try Beaches Barbados when that opens.
Try the BBC (Banana, Baileys and Coconut rum) Yum!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Tori B
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Hello there Tori,

Thank you for taking the time to share your fantastic experience at Beaches Turks and Caicos! We appreciate you sharing your lovely memories of your time spent with us and the beautiful photos of your family fun! We cannot wait to welcome you back to paradise!

Write a ReviewReviews (10,785)

Reviewed March 5, 2014

This was our family's 1st real vacation together (kids are 8 & 4). We stayed from 2/22-3/2 in the Italian Village in an Oceanfront Concierge Family Suite w/ kids room. We didn't spend a ton of time researching a destination as this was mainly a last minute desire to get away from our first brutal winter in Illinois. Overall I'd say it's a great place for families but we would not go back w/out booking a butler. I'll mention some cons first...
Beach
1)The actual beach is beautiful but it's very crowded, they line the beach chairs up so tightly next to one another & there are no tables to set drinks on unless you wake up early and reserve a tiki hut. We actually packed some beach chairs because we were worried it would be be crowded & we wouldn't get a chair but we should have packed some sort of portable table instead.
2) The beach right in front of the Italian Village left side (from land) is reserved for all of the loud vendors that bring their boats and various tubing toys & they hang out there all day hence making the section right next to it pretty crowded. I had to move my kids because they were getting dangerously close to the boat's motors. I am shocked that Beaches doesn't have a sign up saying NO SWIMMING or RESERVED FOR PUBLIC VENDORS. These vendors get on your nerves right away as you can hear them the entire time shouting "parasail, banana boat" or whatever their service is. If you use the Italian Village beach you will hear this all day long. The vendors also seem to get in arguments and shout at one another and it doesn't seem like Beaches does anything about this. We finally figured out that moving way down towards the Caribbean end of the beach was better but good luck getting a waiter there!
3) The beachside wait service is pretty nonexistent. We were there 7 days and maybe got asked 2X if we'd like a drink from a waiter. You have to get up and get your own drinks/food which is OK but gets old after about eh, 20 minutes & can be annoying when toting kids and you have to leave all of your stuff & hope no one takes it. A butler waits on you hand and foot, can place your lunch order through him/her and they bring it to you. Otherwise there are many to-go options, Pizza place, etc. but again, it's a pain getting settled on the beach only to have to gather everyone up again to go eat at a restaurant. My husband or myself missed a good 45 minutes each day of family time on the beach because we were waiting on a to-go order each day.
4) People do get up early here and reserve chairs so be prepared for that.
My tips for the above cons: use the Italian Village beach as a quick dip in the ocean, or late afternoon lounge..it's very crowded in the AM, the beach vendors can be heard, go way down to the end of the Caribbean beach for more privacy and quiet, make a plan for lunch early, i.e., if you want to place a pizza order at Bella Napoli you should put your order in at least by 11. We had a 1.5 hour wait time...the plus is it's very good and worth the wait but again, plan. If you had a butler he/she would take care of this. Try to get next to a tiki so you have a place to put your drinks, sunscreen, book, etc.
Rooms
5) No room service (knew this ahead of time but mentioning for those that may not know). Be prepared to get dressed to go out to dinner every night as there is no room service (unless you have a butler). My kids got so tired of having to shower & get ready for dinner every night. I know, seems horrible to complain about but it's true. After being active all day in the sun be it the beach or water park, we were exhausted and sometimes & it would have been so nice to just be able to have a meal come to our room once in awhile.
I have no other cons for the room as our room was actually the best part of the trip. We loved our oceanfront kids room. The kids loved the bunk bed & having an xbox in the room. Housekeeping did an impeccable job cleaning up sand, making the beds, fresh towels, etc. I was super impressed with the maintenance of our room.
Restaurants
1) Overall we were very impressed with the food for an all-inclusive. Mario's has the best buffet of all restaurants. We ate there almost every AM. Omelette line took awhile and I need gluten free bread which takes awhile to get in the omelette line. Mario's also had the best lunch buffet. We liked Barefoot by the Sea & Schooner's the most for dinner. We only made it to 10 of the 19 restaurants. We did not make it to any of the Adults only spots which I heard were good to, notably Sopadillo's.
2) Kimono's was a huge disappointment. Eat something beforehand or plan to go for sushi after at Soy as you arrive hungry and leave hungry. Our cook didn't even use all of the shrimp on his plate. Our reservation was at 5:10 & we didn't see food until 5:35...which I understand is normal but when you're used to self serve buffet lines all week this seems dauntingly long. The food is just OK there too.
3) Did not care for Sky Lounge, again, a buffet.
4) NO NACHOS anywhere...one of the things my husband & I crave when we vacation are good nachos on the beach. We asked around and tried Arizona's, Dino's etc. for some good nachos and were disappointed. Their version is a tray of tortilla chips, with a small container or fake amusement park cheese, salsa and guac separate on the side. No nachos supreme here.
Pros
Beautiful beach but def. not exclusive or private
Mostly friendly staff but a good amount are not (actually heard a woman once done ordering at the French pastry place "Are you mad at me? I feel like I'm going to cry." Because she was so rude but overall I'd say the majority are pleasant. I like to "kill w/ kindness" anyway and found this got me a better attitude & a smile.
Activities for kids are abundant/Pirate Island Water park was great!
Tons of bars, you can't walk 30 yards without passing a bar
Tons of kids so when your kids act crazy or wild there's 5 others doing the same thing (don't have to helicopter parent here)
Lots of camp activities for kids. We only sent our kids to camp 1 day because we liked having them w/ us for bonding purposes but they enjoyed it. I wish we would have sent them at night once or twice so we could have gone to an adults only restaurant.
Book the Kitty Kat iguana island excursion. This is the only excursion we did and LOVED it-everyone. My kids loved the slide at the back of the boat, DJ was awesome (think "Baby Got Back" meets Bob Marley meets 80's), it stops to snorkel and stops at a small island to search for iguanas. Goes from 9-12ish and well worth the $. Think our fondest memories from this trip are from the Kitty Kat cruise.
Overall, we were happy and would recommend this place for mutli-generational families, families with kids of varying age, tight budget travelers but would not go back w/out a butler. A vacation to me is someone bringing you drinks on the beach or poolside and that doesn't happen here unless you book a butler. Also, the lack of quality nachos is a deal breaker, too. The island is stunning especially if you see it on an excursion. The airport's a nightmare. Your kids will have a ball and as long as you go into it knowing it's not luxury you'll be fine.

Room Tip: Recommend Italian or Key West (newest) village. Key West for more quiet (less kids), multigeneratio...
9  Thank IslandFanATL

Hello IslandFanATL,

We are pleased that there was so much that you enjoyed during your stay at Beaches Turks and Caicos and that your family had a great time relaxing and playing in the island sun. Nonetheless, we were disappointed to learn that you left not completely satisfied. We strive to give each guest the best service and experience regardless of accommodation category as many guests have highlighted in their reviews. We want everyone to leave feeling like they were treated like royalty and we apologize if you felt we fell short of this goal. I will send your comments to the resort management team for further review.
We appreciate your input and we hope to welcome you back soon for an even better experience.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We just returned from a wonderful vacation week. There was ten of us. Grandma and Pa, two sets of parents and kids ages from 3 to 14. This was our second Beaches visit. We stayed at the new Key West Village and we all thought it was the best place to be. Since our last trip in 2008 they have added Key West, a lazy river, water slides and some new eating restaurants. Kudos to our travel agent Susan Peavey. I saw her name in some other reviews and decided to call and book through her which is the same or a little less than going through the resort. She knows the resort intimately and everyone we spoke to on the resort had a high regard for her. She got us the best rooms, set up dinners and made sure everything was perfect. My wife and i got away for a night by ourselves and had dinner at Sapadillas one of the adult only restaurants and it was fantastic. We had the filet mignon and it was perfect. Also the coconut encrusted shrimp appetizer is the best. At Neptune's, another restaurant in Key West side, before we left i asked them to make up one of their sugar donuts which i became addicted to. Everyone at this resort goes out of their way to make sure you are having a good time and will do whatever it takes to meet your every expectation.

Room Tip: Let Susan Peavey advise you if you are not familiar with the resort. We really liked our rooms at K...
2  Thank JohnNH
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2014

Hello John,

Your stay at Beaches Turks and Caicos sounds like it was just what the doctor ordered! We are so pleased that you had a fantastic time exploring the beautiful property with your family and that you returned with many lovely memories of your trip.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

We traveled to Beaches Turks & Caicos for my son's wedding. The only regret I have is not staying longer. The resort is beautiful, the wedding was gorgeous, the food was awesome, activities were great! The wedding planner was perfect. All ages were in attendance, from 2 to 9 to 74. Everyone had a great time. Our entertainment director, THEODORE, was amazing. Everyone became fast friends with him. Please, if you go, make sure you look up Theodore! He will not disappoint. Mr. James Bond was the wedding photographer - he was great and it was difficult to choose from all the pictures he took. The beach was picture postcard perfect. My husband has been looking for this water for years. Not in Hawaii, not on the west cost, not on the east coast, not on the gulf coast, not in Mexico, but he found it here. We will return here soon to visit and look up our new friend, Theodore!

Room Tip: I would choose a room in the middle of the complex due to the walking.
1  Thank 9181cat
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Well let me start off by saying this resort is huge so be prepared to do some walking. We have been here for the last 2 years with our 2 sons ages 4 and 9. They believe that this place is heaven on earth! There is so much to do for kids, my boys always got involved with the activities by the pool. The staff is so great with the children. We stayed in the French area both times. We found it wasn't as busy as the Italian area. The restaurants were all pretty good. We really enjoyed the seafood restaurant and the Japanese. It's nice that they always offer food for the kids especially the picky eaters. We went on the kitty Kat cruise the on our last visit and we are so happy we did. Iguana island is beautiful. We had so much fun. There isn't really anything bad I can say about this place. Turks and Caicos is an amazing island and I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank htsflying
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I are usually using Sandals for our vacations but, this was a family reunion of sorts with 5 kids along. We were picked up at the airport by Walter in a very nice SUV. Only took about 10 minutes to get to this beautiful resort. We were greeted by Ainsworth upon arrival. He took care of our luggage and check in. His title may be "Butler" but, he was far more than that. The kids absolutely adored him and he was never to busy to make sure that they were well cared for, safe and happy. WAY above the call of duty! We all know that this is job but, he made this trip special for all of us. My wife and I are scuba divers and the Bahamian waters are amongst the clearest in the world. We dove at the Graceland and Cathedral sites and were treated to some exciting shark encounters....no worries though. Dive masters Krunch, Lee and Leon kept everyone safe. Note to Sandals divers: They tend to be a little more strict with the rules at beaches but, this is just to keep us safe. Next, the food! I spent a lot of time wondering around this massive resort sampling the AWESOME menus. They were all terrific so I can't recommend any in particular. I love seafood and they have it all. Schooners (ask for Darrel) and Bayside (ask for Michelle) have the best sea views. Ainsworth split his time with Arnold who was as ever attentive and considerate. Remarkable demeanor even with kids climbing all over him. Nothing seemed to faze either one of these extraordinary young men.....even though we tried. Water parks, parades, water caves, more swimming pools than I can count, every recreational activity that you can name for the kids as well as their own nightclub. Now, when the kids are off doing whatever, Beaches make sure that It's PARTY TIME for the adults! Every pool has a bar within reach with THE BEST STAFF ANYWHERE! Never had to wait more than a few seconds for a beverage. Never ignored or treated like I was bothering them. I want to give a shout out to some of my favorite bar staff. Orven from Ocho Rios, Ronaldo from Negril, Claudy (sorry I didn't get back before your shift ended), Carline from Haiti and last (but never least) the enchanting Keandra from Providenciales who was always taking care of us no matter where we wandered around the resort. A very special young lady who does her island and Beaches proud. Here's a tip for the visitors that can't decide on what to order at the bars. Ask for that particular bartenders special. You will be pleasantly surprised. In closing, perfect vacation and we are already planning our return trip with even more of the family. 5 stars.

Room Tip: I really liked the Key West village facing the beach. Close enough to dining and entertainment yet a...
2  Thank edog6662
Reviewed March 4, 2014

What a great vacation spot. The room could have been a little more updated in the Caribbean Village but was still nice and convenient to everything. The staff in the restaurants were very nice and eager to serve. The food was prepared well and the omelets each morning were great!
The pool bars were exceptional and the bar staff treated us with the best service. Stephanie and Renee kept the drinks flowing and always remembered what you would order.
The BUTTERSCOTCH Schnapps was great and that smell will always take me back to Beaches.
I loved the ocean, pools and all water-sports (especially the surf rider). I hope to return soon and would recommend Beaches for families and couples. Thank all of you at Beaches Resort that made our trip one of a life-time!

Room Tip: Anything facing ocean side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business