“5th visit just gets better!!”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Loved our 5th visit stayed at Key West Village just gets better each time! Were on the beach within an hour of landing. Keep coming back the staff restaurants continue to be top notch. Favorite beach in the caribbean!!

2  Thank misterbeachbum
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Hello there and thank you for your review.
We appreciate you taking the time to share some of your wonderful experiences from your 5th visit with us. Your pictures of your time at Beaches Turks and Caicos were stunning and really say it all! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (10,866)

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We just returned from our first visit and we will be booking again soon! All of the staff are exceptional and make you really feel like you are on vacation! The weather was spectacular, which was an added bonus. We stayed in the caribbean village, although a little outdated it was the perfect place for us. We loved the Cascade pool and the attractions closest to our room. The fitness center was great, very clean. It took us a good full day to know our way around as there is no shortage of things to do, places to eat, etc! We didn't make it to 3 or 4 of the restaurants during our 7 day stay. We have no complaints about the food. The housekeepers cleaned our room twice a day and re-stocked the fridge daily which was very helpful. We really enjoyed the water sports activities. The water and sunsets are absolutely breathtaking. My biggest complaint of the entire trip was our departure airport issues, which was no fault to the resort, the airport really needs to expand and be more accommodating (it looks like that may be in the near future). I would highly recommend this resort to anyone, especially families.

Room Tip: not much time is spent in the room, really decide what type of activities you are looking to do and...
1  Thank Darlene S

Thank you for your review, Darlene.
It's fantastic that you had a wonderful time on your very first trip to Beaches Turks and Caicos and had a chance to really unwind! We always want our guests to leave feeling happy and relaxed. And no worries, you are welcome back anytime to experience any of the amenities you missed on this stay!
We hope you "soon come back"!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

My wife and I have stayed on virtually every island in the Caribbean, some stays at a-la-carte resorts, some at all-inclusives. This was our first trip to TCI and our 1st stay at a Beaches resort. Because of our past experiences at all-inclusives we were very skeptical and almost looked over Beaches altogether. I am sure glad we didn't. This was the first trip for our 6 month old daughter, and for the 3 of us as a family and we could not have picked a better place to stay. For starters, we never left the resort and we had plenty of activities to do and restaurants to dine at. Beaches publishes a daily activity agenda for each age group and you can opt to participate in none, some or all of them as you choose. It reminded me of being on a cruise ship without the boat. Even after 7 days we had not had a chance to eat at all of the restaurants or check out some of the facilities.

We stayed in the Caribbean Village which is clearly the older part of the resort but kept up very nicely. Everything was super clean and there were maintenance people constantly sweeping, painting, mowing, trimming, etc. to keep the place looking immaculate. By far the best landscaping I have ever seen at a resort.

The French Village is newer, but a long walk to the beach and had no balconies...the pics make it look like they have balconies but it is really a gate in front of a sliding glass door...so no coffee on the balcony in the morning if you stay there. But the French Village has an amazing pool, is surrounded by great restaurants and the main stage for the activities is near the French Pool so great access to that.

The Key West Village was kind of boring for me. Two small pools that no one was ever at (no pool bar is a killer). Looks like it is meant for the older crowd who want some real peace and quiet. But if you want to take a large family you can rent a 4br house completely equipped.

The Italian Village is the place to be, but it does not come cheap. The rooms are the nicest, the pool is by far the best (with a killer swim-up bar), and some of the nightly activities are at the Italian Pool. There are also some beachfront rooms with the best view in the entire resort in my opinion.

The restaurants are amazing and only a few of them are buffet which is VERY nice! I was expecting buffets with tons of people fighting for the last piece of meat. One the contrary, there were only 2 or 3 buffets out of 19 (I think) restaurants)...the rest were table service. And a few times we ordered "off" the menu...i.e. the chef made us custom orders that were not on the menu.

The service was simply the best I have ever seen...not sure if this is just the TCI culture, or if Beaches has one heck of a training program but we were blown away. One of the servers even pulled us aside and set up an outside table at Sapodillas restaurant because we had told her that we were disappointed that we could not eat there with our 6 month old (a few of the restaurants are adult-only). Then every morning for breakfast she found us and set us up at a table which accommodated our daughter's stroller....really going above and beyond. This was not an isolated incident either....99.9999% of the staff was this nice and we did not see one person with a scowl or EVER treating a guest poorly. I have been to the Bahamas on 5 other occasions and had horrible service each and every time. I expected some of that to trickle over to TCI since they are part of the same island chain...boy was I wrong!

I haven't even mentioned the beach yet but given it was voted the #1 beach in the world by Conde Nast Traveler should say enough!

Wow...what a trip...we are already planning to book for next year. And as for the price, I know some raters have said this was over-priced and I too thought that would be the case. By the end of the week I was wondering how they provided everything at that LOW of a cost. Truly a great experience....I would not hesitate to recommend Beaches to anyone!

Room Tip: French Village has virtually no view and no balcony. Much of the Caribbean Village has partial ocea...
3  Thank Jerry M

Thank you for your review, Jerry!
We are so pleased that you were completely satisfied with your stay at Beaches Turks and Caicos and so proud of the exceptional service our team provided! It's always wonderful to hear our guests say that we managed to surpass all of their expectations and they had a phenomenal time.
We look forward to having you and your family back again one day!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were actually only there for 5 days 4 nights and in that time my son and I got PADI scuba certified, we swam, we tanned, we enjoyed wonderful foods and drinks day and night! The staff was so courteous and helpful, we enjoyed every last minute and we are even going back in May and taking another family with us! Great vacation, period!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We just came back from Beaches. What a wonderful experience for the whole family. The resort is a family oriented resort, so know, that there are children everywhere. The staff just goes out of their way to be super nice to all the visitors, children especially. We have not met unfriendly staff person there. Everybody smiles and talks to you.Our 3 years old son loved characters from Sesame street, that were walking around and he also loved the evening show with them every night. And of course the dance party, where all the kids took the stage and danced the night away. Water park is great and so is the beach. Food was delicious. I loved seeing one manager in French village, just circulating from place to place, making sure everything is ok, he was very hands on. We needed baby wipes and it was resolved quickly, people at concierge were very strict about not accepting tips. We definitely want to go back.
Pros:
Beach - the softest sand you can imagine and wonderful clear water
Water park - fun for everybody
Friendly staff
Good food - nice restaurants

Cons:
- between breakfast and lunch, you can only get food that's not so healthy ( hamburgers, fries, sugary mixed drinks) - including fresh fruit would be nice and also making frozen fruit smoothies at swim up bar at water park would be nice
- one morning, there were no towels at water park, but when I asked the stuff about it, they quickly got towels for us
- on few occasions I have seen a person smoking - I would make the resort non smoking completely as it is a resort for families
- put bins with beach toys on the beach, so that children can enjoy them

overall great experience, it is a wonderful resort and we all loved it there.

Room Tip: French village has a coffee shop that has excellent coffee and also, there is a stage for shows ever...
4  Thank LuckaP
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful vacation at Beaches Turks and Caicos to celebrate my 40th birthday with our children, ages 9 and 11. We had chosen this resort already but booked through Michael McHugh at Dream Makers Vacation Services based on reviews we had seen on this site. From initial booking to following up on details, restaurant bookings and flight check in Mike was attentive, friendly, prompt and easy to work with. We would book through him again without hesitation.

Beaches was a beautiful property with top-notch customer service. Pick up from the airport was swift, we were greeted with drinks and cold towels and luggage service was door to door. We stayed in a concierge suite in the Carribbean village and I would highly recommend this. Check in was simple, we were met and greeted by name by the village manager, Cynthia, who found us every day of our stay to ensure we were having a great vacation. Cynthia was kind and showed great attention to detail. She deserves much praise I her role was was approachable and thorough.

Our room was ready on arrival with birthday cupcakes, cards and a fruit tray waiting for us. Loved the fully stocked bar and fridge in our room that was replenished daily. We especially enjoyed the champagne! The room was starting to look a little dated and the counter was cracked but the room was impeccably clean, comfortable, spacious and ocean view with two balconies. Full amenities, robes, full size high quality cosmetics. The kids loved the tv selection, in room x box and trundle bed/day bed combo.

The property was spotless, grounds beautifully kept and flowers everywhere. The staff was the friendliest we have met. Every employee greeted us with each passing and went out of their way to help us. They don't just give directions when asked but walk with you to your destination, even if it is out of their way.

Restaurants were plentiful, clean and quick. We enjoyed the a la carte menus more than the buffets. Breakfast at Schooners and Barefoot by the Sea was delicious. The only time we had trouble getting a table was the first night when it rained briefly which shut down much of Arizonas seating capacity. Really enjoyed our night at Kimonos and highly recommend booking a dinner here in advance. My kids could not get enough of Bobby Dees Diner and we felt comfortable letting them go there for ice cream or hot dogs whenever they wanted.

The beach was beautiful. Sand is powder soft and water clear. We enjoyed the aqua trikes and a snorkelling excursion. Security along the beach made us feel quite safe and whenever minded being asked our room number when we re entered the resort. We stayed largely to the Carribbean pool which was not crowded and we never had trouble finding pool or beach chairs or cabanas in the shade.

I used the spa services while I was here. Concierge was not helpful with booking as she just dialled the spa extension and handed the phone to me. This was our only poor experience with the concierges. The spa facilities were clean but limited and I found the treatment over priced and disappointing considering other spa experiences I have had. The sunburn rescue treatment consisted if being slathered in scented aloe lotion then wrapped in a plastic tarp and thermal blanket (when I was already over heated) then rose scented lotion applied. The description mentioned take home products but I was only offered aloe gel to purchase for a high price. I would not repeat spa services here as the rooms and property are relaxing and pampering enough. We went to a small craft market just off the property and found great souvenirs at very low prices. In the evening we enjoyed teaching the kids how to play billiard and table tennis.

Many of the families during our trip seemed to have very young children with them. We found there was plenty to do with our Tweens and we did not need to use any of the child care facilities or children's programming. The property seemed to be fairly quiet this week and I could see at peak season it would be much louder, more crowded and harder to access facilities.

Swim up bars were a hit for us all. Bartenders were friendly and all the drinks we sampled were yummy. Wine was good and plentiful in the restaurants and room. Wifi is available for a daily fee. For the price of the rooms it would be reasonable to include internet access or have a central Internet cafe for brief use. We were happy to save our money and enjoy "unplugged" time with the family. We were able to do a load of laundry while we were there but had to buy tokens at the front desk as concierge office did not have any left.

Th airport at Providenciales is small with few amenities. We brought cold pizza with us from Napoli Pizza (we ordered the day before and stored overnight in the fridge). This was a great time and money saver. Thanks for the tip, Trip Advisor. Sadly, Jet Blue lost one of our suitcases coming home and the prospect of finding it is not looking good at this point.

All in all a memorable vacation, a beautiful property, high quality customer service and very family-friendly. We would happily return and would book with Dream Makers again.

Room Tip: Carribbean Village is older but has ocean view rooms and lower density of guests with more green spa...
6  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We stayed last week (Jan 11-18). There was 14 of us. 4 in my family.

Check in was a little rough. Incorrect information about us.

After that it was a wonderful week. The staff was amazing. EVERYONE says hi.

Special thanks to Iviena at Dino's. Awesome lady. And the bartenders at the French village...CARL, DIRA, CAROLINE and my buddy ROBERT! They took care of us each day at the pool.

Activities were fun for kids. Not a busy place at all. Always places to sit, dine, and enjoy. Always places on the beach, chairs available everywhere.

Food was great too, surprisingly.

Check out was fine. But felt rushed.

VERY CLEAN RESORT!

Airport is a disaster third world feeling place right now as it is under construction.

3  Thank antistan