“A Dream Vacation !!!!”

Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Toronto, Canada
“A Dream Vacation !!!!”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

We so impressed with Beaches!! The service right off the plane was impressive with a nice cold bottle of water and a cold towel. No line ups for check in and bags are waiting for you at your room. Everyone says hello and wants to help and serve you! The most beautiful beach I've every seen thus far- and I have travelled to many places> I had my two young boys with us and beaches does a great job of making the whole family have a great time !!! Sooo worth the money and I can't wait to go back !!!

2 Thank yolamama
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Beaches Turks and Caicos.
We are delighted that you had an amazing experience and that your family thoroughly enjoyed their time with us. It's great that we were able to exceed all of your expectations and you have many wonderful family memories as souvenirs.
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,900)
  • Indonesian first
canada
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I am late writing this reciew baut this resort certainly deserves one. Our family loved it. The resort is on the most beautiful beach we have ever seen! Choices of several restaurants. Giant heated pool. So many actitivites for kids and teens. Amazing snorkeling! its expensive but worth every dollar.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank vercat067
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We just came back our 8 days vacation( December 6 to 13) at Beaches. This was our first time at the beaches resort. All our family got virus infections in the resort. We went to the ER twice during our stay, one was for our 6 years old son and another was 2 years old daughter. My husband could not complete his scuba diving license class due to the illness. My son vomited about 2 hours before we sent him to the ER because the resort nurse kept advising us to give my son pills she gave to us. The ER doc said if we were holding for another 2 hours, our son would be dead.
When our 2 years old daughter started to vomit, we rushed her to the ER without talking to the nurse at the resort.
Due to the illness, we only had one good day in the resort. Most staff were friendly and made us feel better when our family was sick. They( Ms. Janice) even got us 2 coconuts(ER doc's order) for our son, when he could not drink or eat anything.We stayed in the Italian village and most the staff were wonderful, except for AKIA. She made the wrong scuba diving lesson at the dive shop and made my husband was 2 hours late for his scuba diving lesson. She told us couple times the wrong time about resort activities and the wrong pricing for extra activities. We soon learnt not to ask AKIA any questions at all. Another unfriendly staff was the departure lounge driver. I was joking to my husband that after we checked out, they did not have to give us any nice staff anymore. The drivier took us the airport was rude. I asked him to help my 6 years old son to get out of the van, and he refused. My son fell and he gave me a "victory" smile to enjoy watching my son fell. He did not help us to take the luggage out of the van. I hope it was an exception because I do not want to think the resort wants to treat us good while we stayed there, so we can spend lots of money there. Once we checked out, we are not matter to them any more and they do not have to be nice to us anymore.
We especially enjoy talking to one staff, Mr. Kenny. He was very caring. He took us twice to the ER and waited for us to complete the hospital registration process. My 2 years old daughter likes kenny very much.
When I went to the shop to get something nice for my son because we almost lost him. Tiffany soon learnt our story and put a nice gift basket for my son. It was very nice.
Bottom line: If your young kids got sick, do not wait to go to the ER. The hospital in the island is good. It may not like the Hyatt(hospital) at in the states, but they treated my kids right!

15 Thank Kate T
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Thank you for your review, Kate.
We regret to hear that your stay with us was hampered by the unexpected illness your family experienced. We appreciate your feedback and our resort management team is aware of your concerns. Fortunately, to date we have not received any other complaints from staff or guests about illness and this seems to have been an isolated incident.
At Beaches Resorts, the health and safety of our guests and team members is our number one priority and each employs an Environmental Health and Safety Manager who is dedicated to maintaining the highest level of hygiene standards on property.
If an increase of a particular virus is confirmed, the resort will immediately partner with the relevant local/regional health authority to ensure that any affected team members and guests receive immediate medical attention and, if necessary, are quarantined to prevent further contamination. Guests and team member are sensitized about the actions and steps they must take to control the outbreak and sanitation procedures are immediately heightened.
The management team are also looking into your concerns about our staff and will take the appropriate steps to ensure that we do not receive similar feedback from future guests.
We wish you and your family the best and are happy to hear that you are all doing much better.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I haven't been to an all-inclusive resort in a few years and was pleasantly surprised by the level of service and quality of food at this Beaches resort. It was well worth the higher price compared to places we've stayed at previously.
Everyone we've interacted with; be it the grounds keepers, security, cleaners, restaurant staff - all very courteous and professional.
There were many people we met but would like to give a special mention to the following people who made our experience thoroughly enjoyable and memorable:
Manasse @ Giuseppe's restaurant.
Mayelin - server/host @ Sapadillas (be sure to order the lobster)
Martin, Tavrina (the 'r' is silent) @ Sapadillas restaurant
Louciano, Marjorie, Romano, Chica @ Sky Lounge
Fabian @ Schooners restaurant
Susan, Joann, Fitzroy @ Neptunes (great restaurant)
Abdul @ Reflections restaurant (great breakfast buritos)
Earl @ Marios restaurant omelette station - takes pride in making it the way you like it.
Aide (butler) - we didn't use this service but he did take the time to talk to us and answer questions
Wilcox @ water sports - great teacher on the Hobie Cat
Orel @ water sports
Sammy @ the gym
Nicka - grounds keeper - very informative
Javier - entertainment/stage crew

Room Tip: The one negative - our room in the St.Tropez section of the French Village was close enough to the L...
1 Thank Wayne M
Hello and thank you for your review, Wayne.
We are thrilled to hear of your fantastic experience at Beaches Turks and Caicos! It's wonderful that you enjoyed exploring the resort and speaking with our staff. They will be so pleased to know that they helped make your stay such a pleasant one and we appreciate all of your kind remarks.
We hope to welcome you back soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We spent 5 nights in December 2013 with our 2.5 year old at the Key West Village. This was our first all inclusive ever (we travel a lot but are normally a la carte travelers) but wanted something fun for our little guy & some zone out/ no-brainer time for us. Beaches may have changed our minds about all inclusives.

The Key West Village room was right up our alley: bright, open, light & airy. We were on the top floor of the Veranda House with a balcony facing west so the room received wonderful afternoon light and no the room did not get overheated as the a/c worked very well. Our travel agent called KW rooms contemporary vs. calling the IV rooms stately. Thus it’s a matter of what style one prefers. We also liked that it was quieter than the other villages & it is super close to the Italian village (we are talking 2 minute walk if that) & close to the beach. IMO although the resort looks spread out on the map, it’s actually not far at all between the villages.

One thing to note is that our bath room did not have a bathtub which may be a concern for those with young children, but it does have a hand held shower head. Wasn’t a problem for us since my son loves bathing with the hand held shower head. He thinks it’s like a water park.

Speaking of the water park, it’s where you can have a good giggle. Hubs and I haven’t been down water slides in years and the thrill of swishing down the tube made us feel like kids again! Who doesn’t want that feeling? And of course our son couldn’t get enough of the toddler pirate ship with it’s slides and water features.

Our son spent some time every day at Camp Sesame & he napped like a champ there. They told us that he actually asked for a nap. We thought they were talking about the wrong child. They did so many activities in the morning & lunchtime it wiped out my hyper energized marathon runner child. So ditto all the other reviewers’ kudos to the capable, caring team at Camp Sesame.

We never had a problem getting a chair with shade on the beach even though we moved at a Polynesian Hangover pace in the morning. Of course this may be due to the time of the year we were there. Same for the pool. Easy peasy.

As for the beach activities, you can only paddleboard and use the oversized bike things (that’s the technical term) when the flag was green, which in our case was only 1 of the days we were there. A bit of a bummer since we were dying to paddleboard but I guess one day is better than none. I get it, they don’t want to fetch anyone that drifts too far out to sea (me).

Agreed with the other reviewers regarding the food: underwhelming. Granted we did not go to the adults only restaurants so those could be culinary delights, but the ones we tried were just meh with one or two selections that were good (e.g. coconut shrimp at Barefoot on the Beach, good enough to order twice).

And re-iterating what other reviewers have gracefully said: the staff here make the trip all that much better: smiles and good positive island energy all around.

At the end of the day, my son tore it up at Camp Sesame & his parents were able to truly unwind and relax, but also have fun! We’ll definitely return.

5 Thank thegreenebean
Thank you for your review.
We are delighted to hear about the fantastic time you had with your family at Beaches Turks and Caicos. There are so many things to explore together and of course the little ones love having activities just for them.
We hope to welcome you all back again soon!
Boston
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We spent 5 nights at Beaches Turks & Caicos during the first week of December.
ROOM: We brought our two young children (1 & 3 yrs old) and both grandmothers. The 3 bedroom villa in the Key West Village was a perfect accommodation for our family. It was on the far side of the resort but we preferred the quiet atmosphere and close proximity to the beach.

PROPERTY/ACTIVITIES: The property is beautiful and well maintained. Our kids loved the waterpark and daily Sesame activities. We didn’t arrange for any additional Sesame activities like the breakfast or “tuck in.” I can’t speak to the benefit of those but we saw the characters plenty of times throughout the day so as not to feel like we missed out. There are so many pools it seemed like we discovered a new one each day. We’ve been to other resorts where you have to get to the beach early to claim a spot but we never felt like this at Beaches.

FOOD: I was hesitant about the quality of food at an all-inclusive but I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn’t terrific but there are plenty of good options, probably the best dinners were at Mario’s, Arizona’s, and Kimono's.

SERVICE: The staff was unbelievably friendly and helpful. So many people stopped to chat with us and even entertain the kids. Two servers at the Bayside restaurant, Rea and Susan, even played with our daughter so we could have a few minutes to enjoy our breakfast. I wish I could remember everyone’s name to properly thank them...Beverly was extremely helpful during our check-in process and Syndi was so pleasant during check-out. We worked with Susan of Susan Peavey Travel to plan our trip. Considering this was our first time and the resort seemed so large, I really appreciated her ability to guide our travel plans, room choice and location, etc...

The only negative I would mention is that wi-fi is not included. It was an additional $42 fee.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hello and thank you for your review.
It's wonderful that your entire family had an awesome time at Beaches Turks and Caicos. We are delighted that your expectations were not only met but exceeded in many ways!
We hope to welcome you back soon!
Rowayton, Connecticut
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Let me start by saying that we had a slight thought this hotel could be a little cheesy just because there is sometimes a stigma that comes with the Beaches name. We were wrong. It is not cheap, but worth the money. We just returned from a week at the resort and had a fantastic time. I can not think of a better place for a family with kids (3,5 and 6). Knowing very little about the resort and having stayed at places like Parrot Cay in Turks, St. Regis in Bora Bora, Rosewood Mayakoba in Mexico without children, we were in search of the perfect getaway with kids and we found it. Honestly, it was the service and the staff that made all the difference. Fedeline, Maxime, David, Tarnesha, Rianna, Ashlee and the others overseeing the camp activities helped make this the best possible vacation for our family. The fact that you can drop off kids any time of day and pick up any time (we would drop in, pick the kids up for lunch or take them to the beach) made it seamless and simple. We never thought the kids would love the camps as much as they did and I would say this is a VERY strong point at this resort. You can really feel that these individual instructors love kids and their work and I felt they each gave 100%. I just ask that credit is given to them all from senior management because of the 5 families we met, 4 returned mostly because of the incredible camp staff. The Sesame Street parade was incredible and we were smiles the entire time, while our kids participated with their counselors.

In addition, any time we needed anything, hotel staff was there to help and make us smile. "Fortune" at Kimono's was one of the biggest hits of the trip. He puts on a show that is worth waiting for and we loved having him entertain and cook for us. It was definitely a party with him at the healm. And let's not forget the man who cleaned our room daily...he always had a smile, even with a job that is not all that favorable. These little things make a HUGE impact. And the many restaurants to choose from -- some more formal than others, but all very relaxed -- was a big plus. We had some surprisingly great meals. When a resort is big and there is a lot of food to be served, the quality is questionable. People don't go to Beaches for the food, and we had little expectations and again, we were happy with everything. We had a few great lunches at the newly opened Neptune restaurant and got a smile every day from the same hostess.

I thank Beaches for making this special and we absolutely plan to return.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter vacation, stay in the Key West Village. Brand new, beautiful and great restau...
5 Thank JenniferJB
Hello and thank you for your review, Jennifer!
We are thrilled that you had a fabulous time at Beaches Turks and Caicos and that you were pleasantly surprised at all the great things that were available to you and your family. Our staff will be pleased that their efforts at making your stay an unforgettable one were successful.
We look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay!