My family and I stayed at Beaches August 17-24. Traveling with us were my husband and I, along with our 2 daughters (ages 1 & 3), my parents (in their 60s) and my brother and his wife (early 30s). We stayed in 3 separate rooms in the Key West Village. Mike McHugh from Dream Makers Vacation Services helped us with booking our vacation and making recommendations on where we should stay. He was great to work with because of his knowledge of the resort. We are SO happy that we chose to stay in Key West, which just opened in May. It was clean, beautiful, had updated rooms, and was not near the loud/busy pools. We knew we wanted to stay somewhere quiet so my children could take naps and sleep at night without being disrupted from the noise at the busier pools. We chose not to have a butler, and we were not disappointed with our decision. The resort was operating around 40% capacity at the time we went, so we did not have to wait for pool chairs, tables for meals, etc. Any restaurant we went to, we walked right in and were able to get a table.
Pools: We chose to stay at the Key West pools all week. Since my daughters are still young, we didn't want to be at the loud/busy pools. There are 3 pools in Key West, 1 of which is adults-only. The pools were clean, and not many people at them. I think most people went to the Italian or Caribbean pools. We enjoyed a more quiet pool experience where we were able to get chairs very easily everyday.
Beach: Gorgeous beaches with soft sand. The beach was virtually empty of other guests near the Key West Village. We loved the emptiness!
- Bayside: This buffet was so close to our room that we ate there most mornings. It has a great selection of food, and exceeded my expectations for a buffet. The nicest staff work there. Still missing our friends Ree and Ray-Ray, who both worked there. My daughters LOVED them, and they would hold our kids while we ate, play with them, etc. I kept wondering why other travelers were mentioning specific names in their reviews, but now I understand. Beaches has the best staff/friendliest people I have ever met on an island vacation. They are worth mentioning because of how wonderful they treated us!
- Neptunes: Excellent lunch!! The chicken in a basket was amazing - and worth mentioning! We ate lunch there several times.
- Barefoot by the Sea: Excellent breakfast, and little picnic tables for kids to sit. We didn't eat there until the last day, and wish we had gone there earlier in the week.
- Mario's was just so-so. The Italian food wasn't very good.
- Sapodillo's (adults only) had excellent food, but not very good ambiance inside.
- Le Petit Chateau (adults only) - I didn't care for the menu/food.
- Schooner's was the only restaurant where we experienced very slow service.
- Kimonos (Hibachi): I highly recommend it just for the experience alone - I was hesitant about it since we can go to hibachi at home, but it was definitely worth it. The people who cook the food had great personalities, sang/danced, etc. My kids loved it. The food was good too.
Daycare: while planning our vacation, I thought I would send my kids to the day camp everyday for 2 hours. We ended up only utilizing it 3 days (2-3 hrs each day), and my kids really enjoyed it. The staff at the camp are SO nice, warm, and loving. My 1 year old is very shy and clingy on me, but after a few minutes of crying she settled down and had fun. They provide you with a cell phone so they can call you if your child isn't settling down, or not feeling well, etc. I thought that was a great reassurance to know they would call me if they needed me.
If you have small children, it is worth it to rent the push carts for them (picture attached). I believe it was $10/day, but worth every dollar when you are walking around the resort!
We had 3 separate rooms in the Key West Village. We stayed in the Captain Morgan room, which is a king bed with a separate living room (with pull out trundle bed on the sofa), full kitchen, and 2 bathrooms. It was beautiful! We asked for an upgrade when we checked in, but they didn't have anything available at the time. On our 2nd day there, they offered to move us to a townhome, but we didn't want to move everything, and we also didn't want the townhome because it had a flight of stairs in it with no baby gate (not good for my 1 1/2 yr old). SO, instead they opened up the conjoining room next to us which was a standard 1 bedroom room. We had more than enough room for 4 people.
The only negative thing I can say about our week in Turks & Caicos was the airport experience on our way home. The airport is VERY small, and VERY unorganized. We had to wait in a line for 1.5 hours to go thru security - not a fun experience with 2 tired kids! It was mass chaos. I would definitely return to Turks, but hopefully either the airport will be expanded by then (which they are working on), OR we will just not fly home on a weekend day again.
Overall, we all loved our vacation - and I cannot wait to return to Beaches within the next 1-2 years!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario's Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales