We decided at a fairly late stage to book an end-of-summer Caribbean vacation for me, my wife and our twin 9-year olds. After doing vast amounts of research, including reading through scores of Trip Advisor reviews we chose Beaches, in Turks and Caicos. We could not have been happier with our choice.
We used Dream Makers Vacation Services to book our trip, as we had read several glowing reports from fellow travelers about them. Mike from Dream Makers really set us up, answered a bunch of our questions, and sent us a ton of pictures from his previous trip to help us decide on which village and room type to choose.
We decided to stay in the Key West village, based on Mike's recomendation and on some of the beautiful photos we had seen of the rooms and the grounds. We thought we had made the right call until one of my co-workers, who had been to Beaches a few months earlier, heard we were booked in the Key West village and urged us to change. "its too dead over there; all the action is in the Italian village; its too far from everything, you have to cross a dirt road to get to everything..." These were the general comments he had, and I was very close to seeing what I could do to switch out.
Let me say, that after a week there, we were so happy we stayed in the KW village. It is NOT too far from everything. In fact we felt the best restaurant (Neptune's) and the best part of the beach (bc it is the least crowded) were at the KW village. The pools were less kid-friendly at KW, but we went over to the French pool, where the kids could go on their own easily to the water park, to the kid friendly restaurant (Bobby D's) and to the game rooms. We packed a beach bag and walked over. Not too far, not a big deal at all. And after drinking umpteen Pina Coladas, any extra walking was welcomed.
I wasn't a big fan of the Italian pool. Too crowded, never seemed like chairs were available. But to each his own. Our boys loved the French pool. It was huge, swim up bar, hot tub at one end, and there always seemed to be open chairs (though umbrellas were ALWAYS at a premium, wherever we went).
The beach was quite exquisite. Its exactly what you might picture a true Caribbean beach to be. The sand was like flour, the water was beautiful blue-green. It was never crowded it seemed.
One irksome thing was the beach chairs that got saved by the butlers for certain guests. I would go down to the beach before I worked out at like 7-7:30am and there would be numerous chairs with tiki umbrellas and/or shaded chairs saved by the butlers. Meanwhile our family would go back to the beach after breakfast, stay until lunch, and oftentimes these people never showed up and the chairs were never used. It was never a problem for us bc we got there early enough to get chairs with some shade, but I would have been upset if I couldnt get space on the beach bc of the unused, saved chairs.
I thought the food was good to very good. I thought Neptune's was a really good restaurant, and I thought the buffet at Bayside/Sky was really good. I was disappointed with Barefoot by the Sea. We really liked Kimonos, food was good, and the kids had fun. I had a really good conch pizza at the pizza place in the Caribbean Village also. We liked Schooners and Marios . My wife wasnt thrilled with Arizona's, I thought it was ok; we went there for lunch one day. All in all, the food was exactly what I expected, considering this is an all-inclusive. Not great, but we were rarely disappointed.
Our room in KW village was beautiful. We had a Capt. Morgan 1 bedroom suite, and it was huge and really nice. The boys slept on the sofa/trundle bed and were perfectly happy. This unit had a full kitchen (the refrig was nice, but the stove and microwave went unused). One highlight of the room (for my wife at least) was the washer and dryer. If only we had known before hand, maybe she would not have had to pack every outfit she owns. Probably wouldn't have mattered.
All in all, we had a great, memorable time, and have already put down a deposit to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario's Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales