“Great for families with little ones up until about 10.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
NY
“Great for families with little ones up until about 10.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Expensive, but a great place to have wonderful beach/weather with a kids camp. If you can afford it and your kids are into Elmo and friends and like to swim this is the place. Food is good not great. At night not much to do so- clearly not for singles.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank botbar
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Beaches Turks and Caicos! We are pleased that you found our resort to be a wonderful, family-friendly vacation place. It really is a terrific property where families can enjoy time together in paradise.
We appreciate your feedback and realize that there is always room for improvement and we are happy to do so in order to provide the best to our guests. In this spirit, we will be forwarding your remarks to the appropriate departments for further consideration.
Thank you once again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,776)
  • Indonesian first
Kinver, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I wanted a small destination wedding and fell in Love with Beaches Resort Turks and Caicos when we saw it on Daybreak as a competition to win a holiday there. We didn't win the competition but decided to go there anyway.

The whole holiday and wedding was amazing from start to finish. It's very difficult to complain about this resort and I think people who do - will always be difficult to please.

We stayed in the Carribean Village (room 124) which is the perfect location for access to everything......some people say the rooms are dated but they are spotless clean and there is so much to do here.....you will not spend any time in your rooms. Virginia was our house keeper and she was superb - nothing was too much trouble.

What can I say.....the beach is stunning and better than a picture postcard....the sea is calm and crystal clear. The pools are amazing with fantastic sunbeds and entertainment...our favourite was the French pool. You know you are having a fantastic time when the only difficult decision to make was where to have breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurants are amazing and we loved the food....we were there for two weeks and still didn't manage to try all of them. Barefoot by the Sea was one of our favourites, Arizona's for Lunch and we had to have a Bobby Dee's milkshake everyday!

Our favourite place for pre-dinner drinks was the Key West Village....the location is stunning. When they light the fire pits and the entertainment begins - you could stay there for hours.

Our wedding was amazing. We only had a party of 8 including Bride and Groom. Our wedding planner Celeste was just fantastic. We were made to feel really special and they really listened to all our requests. we weren't the only wedding that day and you would never have known. Our day was amazing. Celeste ensured everything went to plan. We would like to say a big thank you to Omar for looking after us during our cocktail reception...that man works really hard and kept our champagne glasses full!! Our photographer (James Bond) was brilliant...he made our photos fun even though the heat was nearly unbearable that day....our photos were in the shade but still look amazing. Everyone has complimented our photos.

I could talk forever about this place......If you are thinking of going here, don't hesitate. It is pricey from the UK but you won't regret it. We can't wait to come back...just may have to save for a while.

We would also like to thank Morris who became our friend during this holiday. You are a fantastic personality and we look forward to keeping in touch with you.

Lindsay and Ian Harris...UK

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for such a lovely review of Beaches Turks and Caicos, Lindsay and Ian!Congratulations to you both! There is nothing better than hearing a guest say that they their big day at our resort was perfect! We are honored to have hosted your wedding/honeymoon and become apart of your most cherished moments!
It's wonderful that you have so many fond memories of our staff! They are such a thoughtful group and seem to have done all they could to ensure you had the best experience! This is the Beaches way and we are proud of our Turks and Caicos team for delivering!
You are welcome back at any time and we wish The Harris family the best!
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 6 nights at Beaches Turks and Caicos and had a wonderful time. It was our second all-inclusive resort experience.
The beach was beyond: perfect sand, perfect water. No threat of anything that might sting, scrape or harm you. Just complete relaxation and beauty.
If for some reason you want a break from that perfect beach, there a more beautiful pools than you would know what to do with. And water slides and a surf/wave machine if you're feeling active. A lazy river if you're not.
The food exceeded expectations. No need to make any reservations (except at Kimonos), yet there was always a table available when we walked up.
Only complaint is the over branding of "Beaches". It's written all over the place in huge letters and takes away from the beautiful surroundings. To me, the over-branding erodes the taste level of the resort. Also, the music piped into the restaurants after 6p sometimes ran to a Michael Bolton / Kenny
G mix. The music mix should be more sophisticated and relevant for 2013.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review of Beaches Turks and Caicos! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! It is indeed a beautiful property with wonderful amenities to be enjoyed by all. We do strive to provide a wide variety of activities that will suit all of our guests!
Our mission is to provide our guest with the vacation of their dreams. We appreciate your feedback, as it is a tool to help us identify how to improve our services. We will forward your remarks to the appropriate personnel for further consideration.
Thank you once again!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was our first trip to The Beaches Resort at Turks and Caicos. When I booked this trip , I was so worry if it was really worth to spend 12,000 for a summer vacation? Let me tell you it worth every Pennies that we spent it for this phenomenon place! Our room was at Key west Village suite Concierge , it was beautiful but next time I will go to Italian Village FIRST floor. Key west Village was awesome if you are a couple without any kids.
If you have kids Italian Village it's the BEST choice because it's near to the beach, restaurants are near the pool, rooms are surrounded around the pool to watch your kids while they are in the pool and the rooms in Italian Village are so beautiful.
ALL the restaurants are great with an amazing food. 19 ALL inclusive sit down restaurants.
Premium ALL Inclusive drinks.
The kids Club was well secure & fun for both of my 10 & 11 years old.
At night you can hire a sitter for the kids for $15/hr from kids club & you can enjoy your time with your spouse at night club inside the resort.
ALL the water sport are included in your trip package except the motor sport . We did Parasailing & banana boat with a very reasonable price.
The Spa was amazing!
The beach was gorgeous, the water was clear Turquoise color & white sand.
DO NOT shop at the boutiques inside the resorts , they are VERY expensive. There is a Local shop right next to the resort , you pass by the resort security & you walk to that market. They are Super cheap specially a shop name OATS GIRLS . I did all my souvenir shopping from them. Do not forget to bargain!!
I honestly I wish I was there NOW!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review! We are ecstatic that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Beaches Turks and Caicos. We can tell from your review that this was a wonderful family experience! It is awesome to know that our guests are completely satisfied and had the trip of their dreams!
We look forward to your family's return to our resort in the near future!
New York City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is our second trip to Beaches Turks and Caicos and it was just as spectacular as the first trip 4 years ago. The location has to be the finest spot in the Caribbean. I've been to many other places from Jamaica to US Virgin Islands to Cancun to Curacao and no other place matches the beauty of T&C. The waters are the bluest blue and calm with no waves. Certainly not a surfers paradise but excellent for families, especially those with small children. When you can see the bottom of the ocean from the surface in 30 feet of water, you know you are in heaven.

As for Beaches, I can only say that the service, facility, grounds and beach are phenomenal. They have added a fourth village, Key West, which is perfectly appointed, visually attractive and unusally quiet for a family resort. The village contains rooms which are more like mini apartments rather than hotel rooms, but I believe they are a bit pricer than some of rooms in the other three villages. All of the pools in KW are generally small by comparison but under utilized. If you want some time away from the bustle, hang out here.

As for my experience this time around, I can honestly say it met all expectations, except for one. I am a Sandals Select member for many years (Platinum level) and booked my trip six months in advance. I requested a specific set of rooms (one in particular but gave Beaches an array of 4 different room numbers) in the Caribbean Village, where I stayed before. My request, of course, was not fulfilled. I know that Sandals and Beaches have a rule where room request are only accommodated when possible, but there are no guarantees. But given I asked for one of 4 rooms, it should not have been too hard to accommodate me. Needless to say, not only did I not get any of the rooms requested, I was in a different building altogether. Very disappointing. When I checked in at the concierge, they did have my e-mails (three to be exact) requesting these rooms but replied that it is a first come, first serve basis. That does not mean when you booked, but when you arrived. So, if someone who is not a Sandals Select member and booked their trip three weeks earlier arrives one day before you, they will be given the room you requested because they arrived before you.

But given that I was in a different room (same type, different location), in a different building and on the second floor (I also requested a first floor room because of a bad knee) I was assured by the concierge desk that one or two of the rooms I requested would be available within two days and I would be moved to that room if I wanted. I said that I would prefer to be moved when the room was available. I was there for 8 days, so moving after two was not a problem. After the third day, I went to the concierge and asked why I wasn't moved and was informed by another individual that the rooms were not available. I then noticed that two of the rooms had different occupants on that third day. How do I know? Well first off, one room had a little girl in a wheel chair when I arrived (injured leg) and that family was gone, no wheel chair to be found on the patio, where is was placed. The other room had a new family because the room was near the beach and the Arizona pool, where I spent most of my time, and I saw the new family with two little girls where earlier in the week, the family had one boy and one girl. The wife was also now dark haired as opposed to the blonde there earlier in the week.

When I went back to concierge to complain, only because I was living out my suitcase for three days in anticipation of the move, I was rebuffed. This was not the service I expected from Beaches. I also asked to speak to a gentleman by the name of Paul (no last name) who was my concierge on my last trip but no one knew who he was. (Side note; I ran into Paul on the day of my departure on the grounds and told him he was not known).

Of course, i did not let the room situation ruin a terrific vacation. For the record, I am not a complainer on vacation. But if promised something, I expect the courtesy of having that promise fulfilled or at least an apology when it cannot be fulfilled. Simple expectation I think.

All in all, I will definitely return to Beaches T&C in the future. It is undoubtedly the finest vacation spot I have ever visited and certainly worth the cost. And i know many of you may see the price and think WOW!! but it is worth every penny.

I do have one suggestion for the hotel: please make sure your pool bars are staffed accordingly. As a NYer I may expect faster service, but when the bar is unserviced for 15 minutes at a time, where no bartender can be found, it is a problem. And when the bartender is overwhelmed and walks away, this is also a problem. The Arizona pool bar was jumping most days and with only one bartender most of the time, I can understand his frustration. The manager of the restaurant should be a bit more proactive in managing the pool bar instead of worrying about an empty restaurant between lunch and dinner. And the bartender should not be the plumbers assistant during peak hours. Get another worker to help. Literally, i watched the bartender walk away from the bar and restaurant to help the plumber. I of course went into the restaurant, soaking wet, to get my drink but that move was almost comical.

Room Tip: You cannot choose your rooms. I tried. But the Caribbean Village is better. The Italian Village is t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JustACityBoy
Thank you for your review of Beaches Turks and Caicos! We are so grateful of the compliments that you have given our resort and that we remain in high standing with you!
I do apologize that you experienced any difficulties during your stay. We want to make sure that future guests do not have similar feedback and will be forwarding your review to the resort's management team.
I will also be contacting you for a few additional pieces of information so we can look into this matter on your behalf.
Thank you once again and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Winnipeg, Mb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at the resort from July 20-27/13. we were very impressed by what a beautiful area this is. the beach was wonderful, could walk for hours on a beach with no rocks or seaweed. the ocean water is clear and again no rocks ( no water shoes necessary ). the hotel room was comfortable, plenty of hot water for showers( at other resorts we have found this is not always the case ). The food was excellent. we dined at most of the a la carte restaurants for dinners, never had a bad meal. Only little complaint was no skim milk for cereal at breakfast. We never had trouble getting a reservation even though there were 18 of us ( family reunion-thank goodness for free alcohol!!!). try the dirty banana-delicious!!! Tennis courts were in good shape, friendly pro! I attended the discover scuba course ($90 u.s.) and went for a dive , no wet suit necessary, water temp was very comfortable! we went on a boat snorkeling trip ( free ), not many fish in the area we went to but still a fun experience. Staff were very helpful. the first night of the vacation, I had to go back to my room , couldn't find my way from the restaurant. A staff member noticed I was lost and walked me back to my room ( thank you ). resort is large but is easy to get around ( for me it took a day to learn my way around ). Check in was a little disorganized but not a big deal. leaving Providenciales is not easy, tiny airport, the shuttle from the resort leaves a couple of hours before flight time and you have to wait for part of the time in a tunnel leading to the airport sitting area ( gets hot ). airport is being expanded. they come around with water to help beat the heat, I suggest you take a bottle from the resort as well. have fun, great country to visit!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are delighted to hear that your family reunion hosted at Beaches Turks and Caicos was quite the success! Our resort is perfect for these kind of events, as there are many fun activities suitable for all members of the family and unlimited food and drinks. All that is required of our guests is to just simply enjoy the time with their family! No hassles, we have everything covered!
We look forward to welcoming you all back soon!
Thank you for your review!
Cypress
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

I recently went in June with my husband and 2 kids, 15 and 10. This was our first visit to beaches and we were not disappointed! I love the all-inclusive and it was so much fun to go to a new restaurant every night for a fantastic meal! We ate breakfast at the buffet styke carribean lobby restaurant every morning, since that is the location that we were at. It is fun to walk all around the grounds and go to the different areas, key west, Italian village, and go swimming in all of the pools. The lazy river and slides were a lot of fun for my kids, and there is nothing like floating in the clear, warm ocean! We will go back!

Room Tip: We loved the carribean area, more quiet than the Italian village and we had an awesome view of the o...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family