“Fantastic 1st trip with twin baby girls!”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Toronto, Canada
“Fantastic 1st trip with twin baby girls!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed in the Italian Village from August 17-24th and were completely impressed by our suite, the resort and most importantly the courteous staff who work at the property. Our girls are 11 months old and Mr. Dagenais (property manager) went out of his way to ensure they were well taken care of along with us, the parents! As a regular visitor to Sandals' properties, we were eager to stay at a Beaches property with our girls and we will definitely return next year. There are many people we would like to thank for making the trip so enjoyable so if you have a chance to bump into these amazing hardworking individuals, you may want to buddy up with them. Mario's was the closest restaurant to us and Chef Damian and Fitzroy prepared special meals at irregular times for our babies and they would come out to the table to make sure everything was alright. Chef Damian was also nice enough to join us for lunch. I can't thank them enough. The staff, especially Laki, May Liza and Endorian (I think, sorry) regularly anticipated our needs. As soon as they saw us, they had high chairs, small spoons, even fresh juice ready for us. When we sat outside in the blazing heat, Laki would bring a patio umbrella to shade the girls. Thank you Laki and May Liza. We used Camp Sesame daily so the girls would have a chance to interact with other babies/kids, have shelter from the heat and use the shade covered pool on a daily basis. Thank you to everyone in the infant care area for their professionalism, attention to detail and loving attitude to towards Sofia and Sahara. Thank you for taking them to dance, sing and hug the Sesame Street characters. I think they still miss all of you! In the evenings after the babies were asleep, we had a babysitter (Valrie) so my wife and I could have a chance to eat together. Valrie was always prompt on her start time and had a wonderful attitude when we would meet. Some of the hardest working people and most underappreciated have to be the housekeeping staff. Thank you to Lorraine and others for everything you did to make our trip a wonderful one. The kids would smile daily at the animals made out of towels. We would also like to thank Marva (Key West conceirge) who came out of her way to meet us on the first day to welcome us in the Italian Village, show us around and make herself available if we had any concerns. Well done Beaches Turks and Caicos.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! It is so good to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and your twin baby girls were very well taken care of. Our staff members really do their best to entertain the children so that the parents can get some much needed R&R! We do hope to see you and little Sofia and Sahara in the near future for yet another awesome vacation! I'm sure the staff misses them as well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,804)
  • Indonesian first
Malta, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed in the Italian Village(3137) with four of our children (5,6,10, and 13). The room was great and the housekeeping staff was so nice. They earned their money with my four children. Every time we saw them we thanked them. They would always smile and call us "their guests". There was something for everyone. The kids all loved their kids camps. Whitney, Pearl, and Tin Tin were so much fun. Our children wanted to spend all of their time there. We did not mind and felt that they were very safe and well cared for. My wife an I would spend our time on the beach between the Italian village and Key West. The swimming area is larger and it is a bit quieter. On the beach Mose made sure our drinks were never empty an Dewayne made sure we were always comfortable. He was abel to keep everyone happy and was very good at helping people find plenty of shade when they need it. The food at the buffets was better than average. It was outstanding at Sky. That was where we found our favorite waiter Luciano. We went there the first night. He really set the tone for the whole vacation by helping our baby girl get something she would eat. He went to another restaurant and brought it to her just to make sure our 5 year old could enjoy her dinner. The entire staff there could not have been nicer. Neptune, Bay Side and the adult french restaurant served us some of the best meals we have had. All in all a great experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
It is always so heartwarming to read a review and see how fond our guests are of our staff members! The team at Beaches Turks and Caicos is awesome and clearly will do anything they can to ensure that our guests are at their happiest! Thank you so much for such a thoughtful review! We truly hope to see you again soon!
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Finally got a chance to write a quick review of my family's vacation to Beaches T&C. Me, wife and 15 year old daughter went in mid June for 10 days. Arriving at the airport was no big deal, a little wait but nothing to complain about. Shuttle to the resort was 15 minutes and uneventful. Upon arrival at the new Key West Resort, we were greeted by Rashawn who was extremely helpful answering questions as we checked in. As instructed by our Travel Agent Mike McHugh from Dream Makers Vacation Services, we asked to check for upgrade availability. Rashawn called Resort operations manager Noel and within what seemed like minutes, we were being whisked into an upgraded room. On several occasions I ran into Noel as I walked the property and he was always quick to handle any request I had.
As a side note, with the all-powerful internet we think we can book and handle our own travel plans, but I'm here to tell you that I won't book a trip across the street without calling Mike first. Dream Makers has moved to number one on my speed dial! Thanks again Mike!
We must have hit the best time of year because the weather was perfect. The Key West was very low key and quiet which was nice for turning in to get a good nights sleep. But if you wanted to, you could always find some action over by the Italian Village.
It was hopping with folks of all ages morning, noon and night. Carribean Village pools seemed to be where younger children played. French Pool was relaxed but entertaining as aqua aerobics were going every morning. Lukes was our server and filled in at the bar a few times while we were there and she worked very hard with a smile on her face. Need anything? She was all over it. Restaurants were hit and miss depending on what you are used to but I found some of the food to be fantastic (Sapodilla's) and the Wood fired Pizza. I'd like to see them open one or two more of the pizza places around the property because the wait is too long. Arizona's jerk bar is always a hit with my daughter as she lived on ribs and the smoothies at the smoothie bar. We want to give a HUGE shoutout to Dira who makes the smoothies. My wife and daughter says that whatever Beaches pays her, it ain't enough! On the downside, we never got a chance to Paddleboard because I guess it was a little too rough??? Seems like a joke to me but my man Stevon helped us learn to Windsurf and we had an awesome time. We also went on a few snorkeling trips which are hit and miss depending on conditions but like everyone else, the 10 minute walk down the beach to the man made reef did not disappoint a novice snorkeler like myself. If there is a nicer beach somewhere in the Carribean please let me know because I could have died happy on this stretch of white sand and aqua blue heaven. Thanks to Craig at Schooners for being the number one restaurant server on my trip. He was funny, attentive, informative, and just a great guy! Speaking of Schooners, we adopted the local stow away Bruce the cat while we were there. Being a family who has taken in their fair share of strays at home, we always found time to share a drink of water with Bruce. We want to thank Ricardo for doing a nice job on our family photos. Expensive yes, but I know I have spent more on things that do not bring me as much joy as the memories of this trip. The entertainment was excellent for families of all ages and my personal favorite person was one of the dancers who also dealt poker on poker night at Cricketers Pub. Maya, I hope I never see you again across from me at a poker table because you are the luckiest person I have ever seen in 30+ years of playing cards. But thank you for making the experience a blast. As we left, Noel and Beverly played a key role in getting us out quickly, safely, and in comfort. The airport was a little stuffy and crowded but couldn't dampen the trips positives. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Craig V
Wow! You guys certainly had quite an adventure whiles staying at Beaches Turks and Caicos! It is amazing to read how many fun activities you can experience just on the resort alone! It's great to see our guests participating in lots of activities and making so many cherished memories! Thank you for sharing in your review!
Ludlow, Ma.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just back from another great week at beaches Turks and Caicos. Amazing week as usual! This time we jumped around a bit, stayed in the Italian Village again but spent some time at the pool by Arizonas and the French village for some variety. Really liked the pool at Arizonas, it's deeper and fewer real little kids which considering our kids are 12 and 15 that's a plus.

The new Key West area is a nice addition to the resort, 3 new restaurants and the area is very quiet.

Some great dives, dive staff was great as usual. Finally saw a turtle on my last dive, highlight of the week!

Going to try a one bedroom suite in the Caribean section next year, the soon come back desk showed us the room. A little bigger than the Italian village, which is helpful with 2 teenage boys next year.

Can't wait to get back next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy that you continue to be pleased by the service you receive at Beaches Turks and Caicos! The resort really does have something to offer everyone. We are eagerly awaiting news about your fourth trip!
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We traveled to this resort after many years of reading such great reviews of this resort and traveling to Beaches Boscobel in Jamaica 2 years ago and having such a wonderful experience there. We were a little worried after the past few months of reading many negative and so/so reviews but we had already booked and are easy to please so off we went with our family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children ages 8,10!
We booked with Michael McHugh from DreamMakers Vacation Services whom we have used in the past and he was again excellent and very easy to work with, highly recommended, we received an upgrade to a suite and many other wonderful suprises :)
Upon check-in to Keywest we were upgraded to a beautiful suite, the grounds and the beach are very well kept and breathe taking, they are very well taken care of, we ate at 12 of the restaurants and as far as the food is concerned we were all pleased, I am a very picky eater being a vegetarian as well as not eating any seafood or chicken and was able to have a decent meal every day. The wait staff not the greatest by any means, most of the time we did not get drinks for our meals and when we did we did not get refills, sometimes just a water pitcher with no glasses, With the exception of a few of the wait staff who stood out and were wonderful like Bruce from Cricketer's and Alesia from Bella Napoli Pizzeria who actually had a smile on their face and engaged in conversation! The bars were the worst by far i have ever seen anywhere and we travel 2 times a year for the past 12 years so we have been around. Every bar our family went to either swim up or walk up for a kiddie cocktail or adult beverage we were ignored and when served, they were very rude and a few even rolled their eyes at us because we asked for a drink. We paid alot for this trip and was not expecting this at all, it seemed like we were bothering them and became uncomfortable even ordering a drink! Try getting ice cream at Bobby Dee's or having the kids use the swim up bar there same crappy service a few workers that are miserable with their jobs not friendly at all. However the manager here was wonderful when we needed something (sorry i forgot his name) The entertainment staff every night was great with interacting with the guests and wonderful shows! As far as butler service we did not have it but we did see chairs and towels and cabanas with Butler Reserved signs everywhere all week long and over half of them were not used all day long just sat there unoccupied but reserved again not very happy with that, very rude to hold when other guests could be making use of them! The slides were alot of fun for our whole family but most of the watersports staff very rude, i went to go on the slide one day and was waiting to go down until the guy told me to and he looked at me and rudely said "go you don't see anyone else on it do you" really i am an adult and your talking to me like that, i also witnessed while in the childrens pool waiting for my daughter to come down the slide another worker on the kids slides with a line of kids waiting to go down the water slide screaming at a young girl around the age of 5 because she did not understand where to go when she was at the end of the slide. No reason for this at all if it was my child i would not be to happy at all. As far as room service they came very late around 430-500pm everyday and everyday took our garbage from the kitchen never replacing a new bag, another small detail very annoying. Overall after visiting both beaches Boscobel and Turks and Caicos i would not return to this resort, but would not hesitate returning to Boscobel where all the workers were wonderful and we felt truly welcomed. The Beaches concept with watersports and all inclusive and childrens programs all included is wonderful but dealing with many of the workers here and the way we were treated as well as watching other guests being treated this way i am not at all impressed at all and wish i would have spent my vacation money elsewhere!

4 Thank klkbambi
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed at Beaches in the Caribbean Village from 8/17 - 8/23. We had a 2 bedroom suite, there was plenty of space but the furniture and fixtures (bath/kitchen) were not as luxurious as we were expecting. We've stayed at quite a few adult all inclusive resorts and were expecting the same quality but once we got over that aspect everything else was superb.

We have an 8 month old who went to Camp Sesame each morning. The ladies there were very nice, always remembered her name since day 1. She was in the infant room which went up to 12 months, they had lots of toys, cribs, swings & rockers which was perfect for her since she is a crawler but also needs naps. I would pack her a small tupperware of lunch food from the breakfast buffet and the nannies fed her each day as instructed per my notes. They do have a fridge but you need to bring your own tupperware from home.

The night nanny service is great too. We scheduled a nanny for every night we were there. Our daughter goes to bed by 6:30 or 7 so we had a lady come each evening after bedtime for 3 hours so we could get dinner alone. We got the same lady each day and also saw her at camp sesame so it was nice.

The pools are all well kept, super clean. Swim up bars, they all make good drinks. I'm a vodka drinker and they had Absolute vodkas in different flavors. Not a great beer selection. Wine was available and quite good for the included type.

At the pools I was impressed at how the staff got people to participate in activities. They were definitely good at entertaining the older kids, taking them to play games so parents could relax. And you'd always see the camp kids out on adventures, seemed like fun. Even stuff like water aerobics they got most of the pool to participate which was fun but they do not pick on you which is good.

Restaurants : Sopadilla's (adult only) was the best one. Went twice. Great quality seafood. Le Petit Chateau (adult only) also great, did steak here (a bit too saucy for my taste though) but crab cakes and desert were great! For lunch our favorite was Mario's (Italian), good buffet. The new Key West Village has 3 restaurants, all outdoors with nice beach views. For breakfast we tried a variety of spots, each is about the same but nice to get different scenery.

Butlers: We had butler service. At first we weren't sure what to use them for but turned out it was nice to have but I'm not sure its fully needed. Although with it you never need to wait for a table, they reserve one for you each night and try to make it special with flowers. We also used them to get cabanas, you can get them at either the Italian Village or Caribbean and then they also bring you a cooler with drinks which is nice. And they did a few special things for us like get my daughter strawberries ( which were never at the buffets) and dinner items earlier than the room service menu states. The one thing I didn't like is the cell phones never seemed to work properly. We'd have to call multiple times to get through and not sure if service was just poor or the phones were just cheap.

Shows: We only saw a few bits of one here and there since they were after bedtime for our daughter.

Character Breakfast: You had to pay a bit extra for it but they make it really nice. The characters have good costumes, not cheap looking at all and you can get lots of photos.

Photographer: You can do a photo shoot for free but to buy them its super expensive but they did turn out nice. The sales guy at the photo shop is the one person on this trip that super annoyed me though, definitely a sales guy and I'm sure we did not make his day as we bought the smallest package.

Overall a great family vacation as my husband & I got lots of adult time, baby was well taken care of when we were away and we did fun family things all together as well. Good memories!

1 Thank jens070
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

I recently visited the resort for a week with my wife and young teenagers. We were looking for a place where we could spend time together or separately. It was nice to not have to worry about them feeding themselves or not being in a safe environment. The Beaches resort is all-inclusive and caters to families. There is a wide range of rooming options and price levels. Besides sleeping, showering or changing, we spent little time in our room. There are plenty of things to do and the food quality was good, and better than expected.
As for rooms, we stayed in the French Village. The rooms were fine but nothing special. They were clean, but a little dated. The location is good for being close to the water park and the evening entertainment, but it is the furthest from the beach. It is about a 5 - 10 minute walk to the beach. The French Village pool was one of the best on the property, being very large and open with a nice swim up bar. The Italian Village also had a nice pool. The others were good, but smaller in size and a little more dated looking. At times chairs could be hard to come by, but no more so than ANY other place you can go.
The Waterpark was ok, but not great. It is really geared more to the under 10 set. More of a splash park with a nice lazy river and a couple of slides. It did also have a wave simulator that you could boogie board or surf in. This was cool, but often had a line for 2 minutes of fun. Young teens spent some time in here but not as much as I had hoped. If you want a real water park, head to the Atlantis in the Bahamas.
The beaches were AMAZING. Soft white sand and the clearest blue water. Easily tops the Bahamas, Dominican Republic or the Florida Keys. They have a long stretch of beach and there were never problems finding a chair. The water sports were great fun once you got the hang of their "system" and took any needed lessons. You could get paddleboards, windsurfing, kayaks, hobie kats, water bikes for 30 minutes and then return them. We were on and off them all day. On a few occasions you may have to wait 10 minutes to get something. Be warned, that except for windsurfing, an adult is needed for all of this unless your kid is 16 or older. The snorkeling trips were hit or miss. They boat you about 10 minutes off the beach and let you loose. The water was beautiful, but the amount of sea life varied. We had greater success walking 15 minutes down the beach to a reef park to snorkel. There we saw all sorts of fish, coral, rays, barracudas and sea turtles.
The food and drink were good quality. Generally we did the buffet restaurants for breakfast. This offered great variety and speed of service. Sit down breakfast was good, but long and not quite the same selections. No reservations are taken except at the hibachi restaurant, Kimonos. We had fun at Kimonos, but don't expect volcanoes and traditional chef performances. This is hibachi "Island style." We ate at all sit down restaurants and found the food to be good to very good, especially the fish entrees. I was surprised at the reviews of Arizona's by many. We had a great steak dinner one evening and had several lunches there as their "jerk station" was a big hit. We did hit Le Petit Chateau, which is one of 2 adult only restaurants. It was great to have a nice quite meal for two. The service was generally good. In some cases it was excellent. I was especially impressed given they do not work for tips. I do suggest eating earlier, Pre 6:30, to avoid the crowds, otherwise you may have a bit of a wait.
The bars were good with a decent house wine series by Berenger, and mid shelf liquor like Finlandia, Jack Daniels, and Bombay Sapphire Gin. Beer was not great being limited US domestics of Bud, MGD, and miller lite when you could find it. Turkhead beer was ok, but the light version was undrinkable. You could find some other offerings in select locations, like Guinness in the Cricketer's Pub. The mixed drinks were well made. There could have been a few more bar locations and at night this was more of a challenge once the pool bars closed down. It was also hard to find beachside service. So again, not terrible, but not great in terms of bar access. (But it is a family resort so perhaps this is why..)
The evening entertaining was just that, entertaining. It was good family fun, some more interesting than others. But there was little more to do at night, so we watched. Once 9:30pm came, it was very quiet unless you hit a bar.
There were teen clubs, an X-box room, teen game rooms with pool, air hockey, etc. All good fun for the kids. They had a list of events each day, so you could find activities if you wanted to. Thins from bingo to tie-dyeing shirts.
The locals on the beach were relatively easy going in terms of hawking boat rides, para sailing etc. You were asked a lot, but a simple, no thank you or perhaps later was easily accepted.
The are tons of photo people and they will take your pictures and even set up a family photo shoot. This can be quite fun. And the pictures do look very good, how ever it was the one thing that was ridiculously expensive. I actually laughed when I saw the prices for a cd of the photos. Expect to pay $10-12 per image. The cheapest was $185 for 15 pictures and went up to $2500. One should expect these to be pricey, but this seemed exorbitant.
It was a very good place for a family vacation with many things to do. It was nice that everything was included and no tipping was needed. That being said, it was an expensive trip.
As for a tip, getting into Turks was easy, leaving was awful. Be prepared to wait in the long hot outdoor lines and then in a terminal the size of your basement. Bring food from the hotel. Several folks were smart to bring pizzas and pastries from the resort. If not you will have to go with $7 tubes of Pringles or $11 slices of "pizza".

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family