“Fantastic Family Vacation”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time to Beaches although we have stayed at a Sandals before, so my husband and I had fairly high expectations of what this resort was going to be. It was simply wonderful. We booked with Michael from Dream Makers Vacation Services and he did a super job of answering any questions I had. I'm so glad we booked with him because it made us feel like VIPs. When we checked in, one of the GMs (I believe), Jamie, greeted us and spent some time welcoming us to the island. Check-in was quick and in no time Berry was showing us to our room. We even had a few special surprises from both Dream Makers Vacation Services and Beaches waiting for us in our room. It made us feel completely appreciated.

We stayed in the Italian Oceanfront Walkout Concierge Family Suite with Kids Room (Rm 3102). The location was perfect: right next door to the dive shop and Barefoot and steps from the beach. Everything was clean and in great working order, and we had no problems at all with housekeeping or concierge. We always had clean towels, turn down service, and a stocked fridge. If we accidentally kept our Do Not Disturb light on, they would actually call us and see if we needed anything. Sure, the room was expensive, but it was really nice and well worth it. If you're traveling with kids (which I assume pretty much everyone is), having a separate room so you could have some privacy and space was invaluable for a vacation lasting more than a couple of days (we were there 9 days). Although there are mosquitoes on the island (hey people, we are in the Caribbean), just make sure to take some precautions (citronella candle (highly recommend), bug spray, etc), and don't let a bug bite or two ruin your trip. I never saw one ant or roach.

Restaurants: the food was all pretty good, with a large variety of choices. From steak and seafood, pastas, fruits and vegetables, cheeseburgers and chicken nuggets, there was never a meal someone couldn't find something they enjoyed. Aside from a few dinners, meals for the most part seemed to be a buffet offering. This was convenient and allowed everyone to try new things they normally wouldn't. Kimono's was by far our favorite (we went twice, thanks to Dream Maker's making our first reservation for us); make sure to order a sake bomb. This dining experience is what you make it, so have fun with it. Arizona's did, however, have the best steak for dinner we found.

Bars: lots of places to grab a drink. Sure, the bars are busy, but almost every drink they're making is blended. The kids are all welcome to order whatever smoothie concoctions they want, so just remember you have to wait your turn too to grab a beer. Don't be afraid to ask! If you want a double, or a specific brand, they have no problem making that happen for you. Our favorite bar was the one right outside the Italian lobby. They had couches circling the bar, so it was a great spot many nights to smoke a cigar (purchased from the gift shop, pick up a torpedo, it was our favorite), have a drink (or 3) and people watch. Although Andrew's badge said he was a trainee, he was by far the best bartender we met on the resort. Thanks for taking care of us and making sure our anniversary champagne was never empty.

Diving: one of the best parts of my trip. Fair warning however, it seemed that diving (and the snorkel trips) are the most popular activities by far, so show up early (and by early, I really mean early. Don't be afraid to grab a coffee and show up an hour or so before they open up. Space is VERY limited so it fills up quick). Because I didn't have a grasp on how quick everything fills up, I lost a couple of days of diving. I had planned on doing the resort course (I had done it before at Sandals, but that was two years ago), but that day was full, as well as the next day. My only hope was to show up the next day super early and hope to sign up for the next next day (ugh). Jamie at the dive shack however suggested I get certified instead so I went for it. I received a package with some study material to do that night so I could be prepared for my pool sessions in the morning. The pool sessions were completed by lunchtime so I still had the rest of my day. The day after, I did my ocean dives and voila! Scuba certified! Thanks Abi for being a great teacher! I did manage to get 5 dives in before my vacation was over, so I felt that I got my diving fix. Special thanks to Roddy and Duggie for being super helpful as well!

Watersports: plenty of activities to do, if the weather permits it. Unfortunately for my family, we didn't get a chance to do the water trykes, wind surfing or paddle boarding. We did do some kayaking, and after trying to find a way to get on a hobie cat before our vacation was over, we realized if you just ask for them to take you out, you'll get a nice ride. No sailing knowledge required!

Beach: obviously, perfect. The sand was super soft and the water warm and crystal clear. I never noticed it to be crowded or was unable to find a chair. If you're looking for a sun shade, walk 20 feet down the beach and you'll find one. The resort beach is quite long, so you should be able to find a perfect spot. While there are a few beach vendors, they stay mainly close to the dock. Sure, they may ask every time you walk by, but they're also easily placated with a "no thank you".

Island Routes: no regrets on the Kitty Katt catamaran cruise. It was money well spent and I feel that our family got a great half day trip out of this excursion. Some sailing, snorkeling, island exploring, water sliding, drinking rum punch and snacking on lunch, dancing with the DJ, it was all in all a good time. My family also did a parasailing trip, but that was through one of the guys on the beach. It unfortunately cost just as much as our 3 hour cruise did, but if you haven't tried it before, you can't beat the view from up there.

Candlelight dinner: absolutely perfect anniversary night. Schedule your reservation around 7 pm for a fantastic sunset dinner.

Photoshop: must do. Our family sunset photo shoot on the beach was great, we got some amazing shots. Sure, the DVD isn't cheap, but it's so worth it. Our only complaint was we scheduled a photographer to come to our candlelight dinner to take pictures of us on our anniversary, and when she showed up, she went to the wrong table because she didn't know who she was looking for. So instead of my husband and I getting pictures of us on our anniversary at sunset, the couple down the beach from us did. We had to ask our waiter to go track her down and have her come back to snap a few shots, but by then the sun was already gone :(

Cultural market: souvenir shopping. Behind the resort is a small local market of 8-10 shops selling all your standard souvenirs and trinkets. You can sign out with security to get there, spend 20 minutes picking up some magnets and local art, and be back at your room in under an hour. If you're not really looking for serious shopping, this was a great option to pick some stuff up without having to ride in a taxi.

To sum it up, it was a great family friendly resort. The kids always had something to do, and it was safe enough for us to let them go off on their own. We were one of those parents with walkie talkies though, and we were so glad we had them. Being able to stay in touch gave us a piece of mind so we could enjoy adult bar time while they enjoyed kid time at the Xbox garage or Club Liquid. There was something for everyone and we all had a wonderful time. Beaches Turks and Caicos is definitely on the list of places we would go to again. Can't wait to go back sometime!

• Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank Kathy Z

Reviewed August 23, 2013

We come to turks every year for 4 weeks, and it is number 1 for everything!! The service and especially the people make it!
A special shout out to Theodora sheckleford on entertainment who made our holiday! Also Corey in entertainment who was fabulous!

Jean the machine in the waterspouts along with Steven and Roy and Anber and all the others, you truly made it magical

We are returning next year as you just can't get better!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Mollybeaches
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Over the past ten years, my family and I have been to all Beaches Jamaica locations once, but we return here again and again. This is absolutely the BEST Beaches Resort. This year marks the 9th time we have returned, and each time gets better and better. The new Italian addition is beautiful and with all the comforts of home. The villas by the beach and the French Village rooms are superb. The food is excellent and the quality and quantity are unbeatable. Special things for children to do, and for the adults. The beach sand feels like smooth sugar between your toes, and the ocean almost matches the beautiful blue sky. I highly recommend either the Italian or French villages. The best restaurant in our opinion is Le Petite Chateau and Sapodilla's (18+). During the day, take a trip to the French Village Cafe and get a fresh made crepe! Or you could just lay on the flawless beach all day! The staff are world class, always. The excursions are well worth it also! Of the nearly ten years our family has been, we have never had an issue and truly a wonderful time!

Room Tip: French Village or Italian Village. Pick a chair on the beach by 7 am, or they'll be taken! C...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you not only enjoyed this stay with us but you have enjoyed the many before! We do aim to provide a service like no other and we are so happy to have you apart of our Beaches family! We look forward to welcoming you back once again! Have a great day! :)

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was our first time to vacation at an all-inclusive resort. Due to the pricey-ness of this resort, we opted to stay in two hotel rooms in the Key West Village. One room for my husband and I, the other room for our 20 year old son and 16 year old daughter. We were pleasantly by the spaciousness of each room and realized all four of us could have fit into one room but were probably much more comfortable with the two separate rooms. The best part of the vacation was the endless amount of liquor and food available almost 24/7. Our son, who eats a full meal every three hours, was quite satisfied with the variety of choices. The kids' main complaint was that they were in an age group in which they didn't quite fit...an excess of very young children or adults over the age of 35. However, they seemed to enjoy themselves, although I would recommend going with another family of similar age and interest. I would definitely try another all inclusive.

1  Thank JO92373

Thank you so much for your review! We are so pleased to hear that your family enjoyed their vacation. At Sandals, we aim to provide our guests with best of everything and it is good to know you got just that! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

My husband and I plus 16-year old son spent a week at Beaches Turks and Caicos. We arrived exhausted from the flight and were grateful that the transition through customs, and from the airport to the hotel went smoothly. Thanks to our travel agent, Mike, with “Dream Makers Vacation Services” our hotel room was upgraded to the top floor and we had a nice view of the pool with ocean in the distance. The first thing our teenager did was flop into bed, cover his face with blankets, and tell us to wake him up when it's time to go home =/ After he got some rest, we urged him to try out the teen activities which he did, but was disappointed that the majority of kids in his group were "tweens," not teens. This resort mixes tweens with teens which makes for unhappy kids. The food was underwhelming and many of the servers seemed weary or grudging. When you visit, please be nice and polite to the staff! The excursions we took were memorable. This resort is best for people who enjoy cruises and have young children.

5  Thank Cindy248_12
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Just returned from Beaches T&C stayed Aug 10th thru Aug 17th. Traveled with my Wife and boys - ages 21/2 and 10. We stayed in a 4 bedroom Ocean Front Villa with a private splash pool in the Key West Village. The private home was incredible, very spacious and comfortable. It felt like staying in your own home. With this room included room and butler service. If it fits your budget I highly recommend getting the butler service. My Family and I were lucky to have Dane and Keone as our butlers. They were absolutely incredible, awesome, amazing - you get my drift. They both took such great care of my family, they took care of room setup, getting us chairs / cabanas etc.. And they don't just reserve them, they decorate them with animals made from towels, everyday is was an adventure just to see what they made. Either Butler would walk us to dinner where we had a custom table made for us decorated with flowers etc. Truly made you feel special. Then they would walk my 10 year old to the Xbox lounge and then go back and pick him up. With the Butler service they were able to setup babysitting services each night for us. Our babysitter was Maxine. Maxine was kind and courteous and really showed great care for our son (2 1/2). She met us each night either somewhere on the resort grounds or back in our room. Our son really took to her and made my Wife and I really feel comfortable having dinner together knowing he was in good hands. Thanks Maxine for the unbelievable service you provided. Dane and Keone, thanks for not just taking care of us but delivering a memorable vacation experience, one we will never forget. When we come back we will be requesting the both of you again.
Both my Wife and I are foodies so for the most part we were disappointed with the food. For what we paid for the vacation we were expecting much more high end food. Now we didn't eat in the 2 adult only restaurants and we heard they were quite good but can't personally comment on those. Also again for the prices they need much more top shelf liquor and really need more beverage servers around the pools. Now we had butlers so we didn't really wait for anything but observing others their major gripe was they shouldn't have to get up to get drinks themselves for the price they paid for their vacation - I agree with them.All the staff we encountered were friendly, well informed and courteous. Something you don't always see on other islands. Jermaine the photographer did a great job in capturing a lot of great vacation moments but the photo staff in the office needs a little more organization. The night we did our vacation album a lot of the workers seemed overwhelmed and some didn't know the systems.

My recommendations would be for Beaches to add some higher end restaurants, if you have butler service or a specific room category or higher those restaurants are included. If others want to dine they would pay a surcharge. My feeling is if the guest is paying top dollar like staying at a Four Seasons / Ritz Carlton they should get top food.
There are many activities for all ages to do - day or night. The character parade and various shows were very good. They were not too long but just long enough to keep the parents interested.
For the adults this property needs a CASINO !!! The place would be packed each night while their kids play Xbox or hang out at the teen club. The casino would be an amazing cash machine for Beaches.

The only thing that left a bad taste in our mouths was the airport. The airport belongs in a third world country. Miserable service, terrible lines, very slow custom agents and just very small and old. We left on a Saturday, the US Domestic terminal consists of 4 gates - basically 4 doors all within 10 feet of each other. So imagine 4 US flights all waiting in the same space. 600 - 800 people waiting in a space that holds 300 - total pandemonium . Really leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
The beach (Grace Bay) was gorgeous. The water crystal clear - some of the most beautiful water I have ever seen and we have been to most Caribbean islands.
All in all we will definitely go back but will wait for the airport to be expanded and upgraded.

Once again special thanks to Dane, Keone and Maxine for making our vacation one we will never forget.

Room Tip: If you're looking for quiet, book in the Key West Village, if you want to be in the center of ev...
1  Thank ccanale
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for your feedback about your stay at Beaches Turks & Caicos. We are so delighted to read that this vacation exceeded your expectations. We always strive to offer amazing experiences for our returning guests. I will be sure to let the staff know of your kind mention.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Beaches is the real deal, leisure at its best. Beautiful resort, beautiful beach, beautiful people. The staff is very gracious and always smiling. The food is impeccable. Met new friends, lots of fun for everyone, including evening entertainment and a virbant nightlife. Or if you prefer, do nothing at all. The resort is scenic with multiple pristine pools, beautiful gardens and architecture, soft white sand beach and a clear gentle turqoise ocean. We all agree this was the best vacation we ever had.