“know one even close” 5 of 5 bubbles

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
“know one even close”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We spend 6 night in beaches in Turks and caicos it was excellent. We staid at french village rooms were very clean and comfortable. They have 17 restaurants to choose couple of humangas pool and water parks service is top of the line your money is wort it.

1 Thank Beerrym1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,771)
  • Indonesian first
Paterson, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I took my wife and 10 year old boy here for Christmas... I heard so many good things about Turks and Caicos and most of it was absolutely true!! We stayed in the Caribbean section which was nice but failed in comparison to Italy or France... The resort itself was absolutely beautiful but our rooms in the caribbean section were simple and ehhhh for the cost.. If you are spending the money I would recomment splurging for Italy (1st pick) and France (2nd pic)... Italy's pool area was where we spent most of our time... highly recommended! The BEACH AND OCEAN were incredible!!!! My son and I snorkled for 5 hours a day.... clean, clear and full of tropical fish!
PROS:

1. Very scenic and beautiful
2. OCEAN AND BEACH... Top 2 that I've been to
3. Kids night club was great

Just a few CONS... but I have to mention them..

1. The resorts top 2 restaurants were adult only which was very disappointing considering that we were at such a family oriented resort!
2. The resort dies out very early at night... not much to do after 8p-9p
3. Pricey when compared to other vacations...
4. I would avoid the Caribbean Section
5. Need more music throughout the island... not very lively

Room Tip: If you are going to spend the money ... I would go with Italian section as my top choice and France...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kevin347slope
Cockeysville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was our first time at an all inclusive and we could not have been happier! There was so much to do. We stayed in the Caribbean Village which was nicer than we expected. We thought we wanted to stay at the Italian Village but were glad we didn't once we got there. It we VERY crowded over there. The Caribbean was right next to the beach which was awesome. Our 16 year old twins were never bored. Keandra (our drink server) at the Arizona pool could not have been nicer. She was an angel! We booked parasailing and tubing through a local by the name of Reds who walked up and down the beach letting you know what rentals he had to offer. He was VERY nice as were all of the guys who worked for him. Felt very comfortable with them and was told that Beaches allowed this to give locals an opportunity to make money. Excellent experience that I would highly recommend. I would absolutely return to this resort! Traveled the week of June 16, 2013.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor of the Caribbean Village in the Luxury Honeymoon Suite. Ideal location.
Chapel Hill, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Beaches remains a favorite with our family of 15. We have returned 7 times and plan another trip next year. The resort is beautiful. Groundskeepers are constantly clipping and tidying the immaculate area but they will always stop to smile and exchange greetings. In fact all the employees are amazingly cheerful. Management must choose their employees very well. Some employees deserve to be especially commended. Sereina Meier in the Soon Come Back office is a wonderful person- calm, efficient, cheerful and very detail oriented. We always look forward to seeing her. Mercedes in the sushi bar is fabulous. She will make sure every guest is treated royally. Our family had a wonderful dinner at Kimonos restaurant with chef Cookie. What an entertainer! And after that evening he greeted our grandchildren with big hugs and smiles when he saw them around the resort to their immense pleasure. Carolyn in Cricketer's was another great employee. She seemed unfazed and cheerful even as our group kept increasing in size and changing and adding orders.
My only complaint would be about the pizza area. While the employees are very pleasant and the pizzas are very good, the system is extremely disorganized and slow. We waited more than an hour each time. If there were a way to order and return when called it would be wonderful- and no one would miss an hour at the incredibly gorgeous beach while sitting at a table waiting for a pizza.

1 Thank NCGranny
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
We're so happy to hear that you had another amazing experience at Beaches Turks & Caicos. It's always a pleasure to host you and your family. After so many stays, you've become a part of our family! We thank you for your review and can't wait to welcome you back home next year.

Cassie C.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We visited Beaches at Turks and Caicos and stayed in the Caribbean village the first week of June 2013. Let me just start by saying it exceeded every expectation that we had! Even though the resort was fully booked we didn't feel that it was crowded at all, we never had to wait more than a couple of minutes to be seated at any of the restaurants. The twilight cruise was spectacular, the water was pristine, and the views of the island breathtaking. The staff was more than helpful they literally went out of their way to ensure that your every need was met, there were three staff members that we would like to give a special thanks to Vandisha (sp?) for her help with getting our devices connected to the WiFi, Comencia (sp?) for her attention to detail during our vow renewal, and Omar for never letting our champagne glasses go empty. We could go on and on about this resort but will finish with the way we started and say amazing!

2 Thank KoloradoTraveler
Weatherford, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Great Vacation!!!! We stayed at Beaches from June 8, 2013 to June 15, 2013. It was our first time there and we had a fantastic time! Thanks to Michael McHugh from Dream Makers Vacations for helping us book the trip. We stayed in the Luxury Honeymoon Suite in the Caribbean Village, and were very happy with our choice. The room was very spacious for my husband and I and our 14 year old daughter. We spent most of our time at the Caribbean Village pool because we enjoy having it a little quieter and there were less people. The Italian Village pool is very busy. We also enjoyed going out snorkeling on the boat, but it is even better just a 10 minute walk down the beach at Coral Gardens. We saw plenty of fish, a couple of turtles and a several barracuda. The water sports are great. We tried the sea kayak, and the aqua bike, but my daughter thought they were a lot of work. We also enjoyed a short ride on the hobby cat. The food was awesome!!! It was better than other all inclusive resorts we have been to. Our favorite was Sapodillas which is an adult only restaurant. We also loved the jerk chicken at Arizonas. The wood fired pizza is also great! We ate at the pizza place by the Iguana pool a couple of times. Be patient because they can get busy, but it is worth it. Our favorite was the jerk pizza. We also ate at Schooners, Barefoot by the Sea, Reflections, Sky, Marios, Cafe de Paris, Soy, Kimonos, and Cricketeers. The food was really good at all of the restaurants. All of the staff at Beaches were great. Sharmaine at the caribbean pool swim up bar was very helpful and always friendly and upbeat. I also want to mention Philip at Soy, and Ricar at Reflections who were also extremely helpful and courteous. Checkout from Beaches was extremely fast and efficient, but we had to stand in line at the airport for over an hour to get through security. I would recommend taking a bottle of water with you from the resort. I can't wait to return!!!!

3 Thank gdamadden
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Before we started our vacation the reviews were so helpful. I have never written a review before and this resort made me want to!
I should start off by saying that our family is in the process of checking off our bucket list. My number one item is to swim with Sharks and Rays. I really thought I would be doing this during this vacation. I signed up for the Padi class because the website shows one dive per day. You get to see the places you may go to even! This is not true. You get to go on one dive. One. 4 minutes out from shore. If you want to get on the wait list and spend a bunch of time waiting to see if you get to go, you might get more. Not a reasonable expectation when you are traveling with your family and you are the only diver. I spent 3 hours in the class and another 2 on the dive, looking only at Sea Grass, no fish. I felt pretty ripped off. It wasn't expensive, just quite a lot of time invested (away from the family) and I saw sea grass. I find it hard to believe that the instructors don't know which groups will miss out on the cool stuff. We had 3 groups on our boat and only 1 group saw fish. The instructors do this twice a day. They have to know 2 groups will look at sea grass! If I could go back, I would skip the Padi class. It seemed as if they used it as a sales pitch to get fully certified. K. Vent over now on to why I loved it SOOO much!
When we arrived at the airport we were expecting chaos. It was actually quite organized. Biggest lesson learned, ASK FOR A ROOM UPGRADE WITH THE ATTENDANT AT THE AIRPORT. We went from a French Deluxe (regular hotel room) to a Honeymoon Suite with Concierge. If they have the rooms available they will upgrade you at NO charge. If you have Concierge they will book your snorkel boat trips so you don't have to be in line at 8am. We are from CA and I really didn't want to wake that early! The water is a bit more rough on the snorkel boat so we only did two. They were great! But with kids we found the Coral Gardens to be fantastic. My son who needed to be able to stand to feel safe, could see a ton of fish and was able to go out 30 feet! My daughter, husband and myself spent much more time out exploring. They do have it roped off to keep it flourishing. You can see the damage closer to shore and understand why they feel the need to protect it. Us tourists are not careful! We read a bunch about Smith's Reef. I wanted to go there....I was outvoted. It was a long walk. Coral Gardens was about 5 minutes down the beach. In the Coral Gardens we saw Lion Fish, Sting Ray, Sea Turtle, Pipe Fish, many varieties of Tangs and Triggers. Oh, Barracudas. Baby ones and Daddy ones. It was really great and felt very safe.
The food was very good. I am gluten free and as long as I put my order in on time, I was taken care of very well. I even forgot once and they helped me. I had to wait bit longer because they had to cook it in the control kitchen and get it to the restaurant we were in. My son has issues with Red 40. They had special food choices for him when we went to Kimonos (make reservations as soon as you arrive and Fortune Cookie is THE BEST!) to ensure he wasn't exposed. I felt very safe. 99% of the servers were amazing. We ran into 2 that obviously were not interested in being there. When your back drop is the beautiful blue ocean, who cares?! You eat and move on. We ate one breakfast buffet. None of us are big fans of buffets so we chose Barefoot and Schooners for breakfast the rest of the time. They offer table service and you are looking at the beautiful ocean while eating. We did eat at Sky ( I think that is the name) in Key West Village for dinner. It was a buffet and REALLY good. I grabbed some steak just hoping I could chew it and it melted in my mouth. A buffet steak melted in my mouth! Every steak I ate melted in my mouth. Every meal was yummy and if you didn't like something you just ordered, order something else....or just go to Bobby Dee's for a banana split. I never had to reorder. Any place you choose to eat will be worth it. We had to wait for one meal. Mario's had a 30 minute wait to be seated. Every other restaurant was immediately available. Back to Mario's. You get to pick your own appetizers from a buffet type spread but the rest is table service. The food at Mario's is quite salty so we were grateful to be able to get fresh shrimp, salad and other yummy appetizers. The dessert was amazing as well!
The activities..so many to choose from. We spent so much time snorkeling and swimming that we never made it on the Hobie Cat. We took out the kayaks once. All beach rentals shut down around 4:30 so it gave us plenty of time to enjoy the other stuff on the resort. We played ping pong, pool and other games with the kids. Kids. There are fantastic activities for them. My daughter was originally signed up to take the scuba with me so it threw off all the kid activities for the first 2 days. Lesson learned, get your kids to the first group activity you can. I loved having them with me. They are growing up and won't want to be with us very much longer (14 and 12yrs). With that said, they missed out on some cool things like Iguana Island because we didn't keep tabs on the planned activities. They made a few friends but not the adventure they had hoped for. The whole resort felt very safe. We allowed them to wonder around together. Not alone, but with the 2 of them it felt very safe to let them explore. Kids are everywhere! If you don't like kids, rethink this resort. It is a family resort. Lots of family activities. I know I could share more but I think this is plenty long! So, simply put, ask for upgrade, don't sweat the small stuff and just enjoy being in one of the most beautiful places on this earth!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room. We were a little worried that it might be hard to get to the other villages...
3 Thank Tamra M