“Beaches in Turks and Caicos”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We went to Beaches in Turks and Caicos 5/11/13 through 5/17/13 and we had a blast! From the moment we arrived at the small airport, we got out of the plane outside and walked right into the building to goto customs. ADVICE - STAY TO THE LEFTEST LINE - its faster for some reason! There was nice carribean music and was a stress-free arrival. We walked about 20 ft. to retrieve our bags and then walked outside and to our left was the Beaches section ready with cold water and people to greet us. They helped us get our bags situated onto the 8 person van and drove 15min with carribean music to the resort. When we arrived, they took our bags and they sent it to our rooms while the host offered us cold drinks and we went to the lobby to do the paperwork. After the paperwork, we ate lunch at Guisepes - was really. 2 hours later, our room was ready and we spend the rest of the day in the pool at the French Village. - VERY EASY CHECK IN PROCESS!

We took advantage of everything so here's my thought in categories:

1. RESTAURANTS
a. Guisepes - in the French Village - cute and quaint building and the food was good and place was peaceful. FRESH SQUEEZED OJ IS SOOO GOOD!
b. Cafe de Paris - in the French Village next to Guisepes. Cute little French like cafe with coffee, pastries, and croissants in the morning - LOVE THIS LITTLE CAFE!!!
c. Arizonas - in the Carribean Village - EXCELLENT LUNCH!!!! Buffet, outside they have smoker for the perfectly seasoned meat and awesome burgers! Inside they had fruits and ribs and other great foods!
d. Barefoot by the Sea - in the Italian Village in front of the ocean - I liked Breakfast better than dinner here. You go barefoot in the sand under a beautiful Hawaiian like tent and kids have their cute little tables. Service was good. Take a while to get your food for dinner so go early. Breakfast is a la carte but you can order what you want.
e. Schnooners - we ate there breakfast - I had shrimp omelete, yes shrimp! It was good. Looks over the ocean - We ate dinner - I liked the appetizers a lot - the Scallops are TO DIE FOR!!!! I had 3 order of those - 3 per plate. The Muscles were AMAZING!!
f. Marios - very elegant italian restaurant in the Italian village - we ate Breakfast and dinner there. Breakfast was great! Large buffet and so much to choose from. Dinner is al la carte and there's a buffet too so you can get food for the kids there. I had the Veal and it was GOOD!
g. Reflections - Buffet in the Carribean village - very good food - not a big selection like Marios, but enough to entice!
h. Soy - If you like sushi, this is the place to go, we took our kids there at 8pm and had a nice late dinner and was so good!
I. Kimonos - make reservation days in advance - good hibachi - they are vey generous!
J. Bobby Dees - AWESOME little 'fast food' like place near the water park. Great burgers and cotton candy -Open till 6am and then opens at 11am. If yhou have a late night urge for food, go here!

2. POOLS - We went to all 3 but the main action is the Italian Village pool. If you wake up at 6am from whereever village you're in, go and reserve umbrellas and charis for your family by putting yhour things on there. You do not want to be caught in the sun. The larger cover ups are for folks who paid for butler service so do not try to reserve it, its not work any confrontation. If you paid loads of $$ for Butler service, you;d want those reserved for you too. The Frech village is nice, quiet and low key. Italian pool is great, always loud and fun. Carribean pool is nice with water falls. POOL IS ALWAYS PERFECT TEMP TO SWIM IN!

3. BEACH - Well - one word - "BEAUTIFUL!" Wake up earl and reserve a cover up, you'll need it. The water is see-through - go snorkling (included) and feed fish cheerios! Get an underwater camera and take pics! Its amazing...

4. People - Very nice and helpful
5. Grounds - beautiful. Take time to stop and literally smell the flowers. Appreciate the grounds, they work hard at it.

This place is perfect for Kids and family. Easy and fun and it was paradise and we're going again next year!

Room Tip: We liked the French village - I would stay downstairs next time as there's a little walk out por...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Gerry L

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I traveled with my husband, and a group of co-workers to Beaches Turks and Caicos from 5/11-5/18 2013 and we had a GREAT time. Our room was a 2 room DaVinci Family Suite in the Amalfi Building in Italian Village and we could not have been happier with the accomidations. The kids room had a set of bunk beds, with a trundle that pulled out from the lowest bunk, a TV and X-Box console, a kids sized sink/mirror set up and a full sized closet. The bedroom area had a king bed, 40+ inch TV, mini bar with liquor, wine, champagne, soda, juice, water etc and another full size closet with a safe. The bathroom had a double sink, hairdryer, beauty mirror, seperate jacuzzi tub, a seperate room w/ just a toilet, and a seperate rain shower closet, all housed within the bathroom. It was WONDERFUL and spacious. The balcony was the best....table with 4 chairs and a double chaise lounger facing the ocean from the 2nd floor. Breathtaking.

We spent the bulk of our time at the Italian Village pool, which seemed to have alot more activities and music going on, which we liked. The French Village pool was great too, but outside of water aerobics around 10am, it was very quiet. So quiet you can hear your own thoughts, and thats not for me. Although the sun loungers were the best on the property, so that was a plus! The water park is cute for the kids...a few small slides, and 2 bigger ones for the older kids and adults. We enjoyed taking an hour out of each day to just float on the lazy river, although its not too "lazy" considering you have to dodge waterfalls 3 times....lol.

Restaurants were superb. We enjoyed breakfast at Schooners the best, but we also tried out Marios and Barefoot by the Sea. I definitely liked the a-la-carte menu at Barefoot and Schooners vs filling up at a buffett. Lunches were spent at Marios, Arizona's, Barefoot and Bobby Dee's, with my favorite for lunch being Barefoot. The cajun shrimp was awesome. My least favorite lunch would be Arizona's, just because i feel like its a crazy, chaotic, outdoor BBQ. We enjoyed dinner at Kimonos, Soy, Le Petit Chateau, Marios and Schooners. Favorite is a tie between Kimonos and Le Petit Chateau. Soy was also great for an appetizer 2 nights. They had great, fresh sushi and fantastc service.

We didn't take advantage of too much nightly entertainment other than Chocolate Night and Karaoke in the Cricketeer's Pub....this is where we spent most of our time. We liked the pub atmosphere.

As far as off-site activities, we didnt participate in any, although we did take the complimentary snorkel boat ride thats offered several times a day. I don't snorkel, but i went along for the ride. My husband says it was the 2nd nicest water/fish viewing--2nd to Barbados. Captain Rick is a matser at his craft and did a fine job getting us out and back safely, and within the 1 hour alloted for the boat ride and snorkel time.

This was my 2nd time at this resort (last time was about 3 years ago) and it definitely won't be my last!

Room Tip: Italian Village suites in Amalfi are close to the beach and pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Redsoxchic04
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It's so wonderful to read that you all had a great stay with us at Beaches Turks & Caicos. We're happy you enjoyed our luxurious and comfortable accommodations, as well as the delectable dining options offered on property.

We're thrilled to read that this won't be your last visit. We can't wait to welcome you back to paradise!

Cassie C.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We spent 8 days at Beaches T&C in March 2013 after booking with Jenn Byrne of The Tropical Travelers. We had a Governor's One Bedroom, for two adults and two children (8 and 11). We loved the room as there was separate space for the kids and for us. And we enjoyed the location in the quieter area of the Caribbean Village. The Tropical Travelers helped us in extending our stay to 8 nights, even though this time period was "booked to capacity".

In general, service was pretty good. Housekeeping for our room (Nathalee) was amazing. Concierge service could have been better (we wanted club soda for our room since we don't drink other sodas, but we had to repeated ask for it every day).

Things we enjoyed about the resort - lots of activities - nightly shows, water park, paddle boards, etc. The resort is very clean and safe.

Things that could be better - Be prepared to get up early to get seats by the pool or in the shade. We felt that dinner options were not as good as the breakfast and lunch. Gift shop could be better (did not have any men's sunglasses, ran out of kids t-shirts to purchase for tie dying).

Tips:
- If you have special dining needs (like gluten free) - make them aware before you arrive. You can order special items like gluten free pizza, but it has to be arranged.
- Bring white t-shirts or pillow cases with you if you want to tie dye.
- The sushi restaurant was a family favorite (ate there 3 times).
- Don't be afraid to ask for something - most times they will try to accommodate your request.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Robin S
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is my number one place for a family vacation. The Hotel, food, staff, island is great. Each May we visit, two adults a 4 year old boy and 7 year old girl. This was our 5th year going back in a row and the staff treats us like family. My daughter never wants to leave the camp and by boy is shy at first but tells us not to come pick him up. Each year we get Tanny to take our family photos and she does an excellent job each year. Javier with the players staff make the vacation fun and Steven at the dive shop is a pleasure to talk to each year. Lunch is a must at Arizonas and their ribs at dinner is my choice. I can go on and on about talking about the resort but take it from me. I have been to many vacation resorts with the family and there is a reason I keep going back to Beaches each year. I would love to return in the summer but the price is high, thats why I take the kids out of school for a week in May.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank David P

Thank you for your review of Beaches Turks & Caicos. We're thrilled to read that you and your family had another wonderful vacation with us. It's great to see that your children loved our fun Kids Kamp and you all enjoyed the delicious dining on resort.

We can't wait to welcome you all for another amazing family trip!

Cassie c.

Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I just returned from a 5 day trip to Beaches T&C... We had a great room in the Italian Village overlooking the pool. King bed, balcony, five piece bathroom and a bunk room that sleeps 3 kids. Beaches is designed for families with kids, Sandals is for couples. So if you don't want to see kids, this isn't the place for you. The Italian Village pool was awesome. A party all day. Swim up bar, great weather and all in all fun as all get out.

Service is where it gets sketchy. We at at Mario's for dinner twice. Service was not attentive and slow. Not up to the standards seen in the US. Good was good but not great. Kimono's was great food and a good hibachi chef but poor service from the wait staff. The female waitress we had thought we were asking for too much and have us poor service with an attitude.

Arizona's for lunch and dinner were spectacular. The lunch buffet is so broad that ANYONE can find some thing to eat. Barefoot by the sea for breakfast was also too slow and not responsive. The buffet at Mario's for breakfast on the last day was the best breakfast we had in five days. Bobby Dee's in the water park has the best kids food, milkshakes an onion rings.

The waterpark was cool for the kids. The lazy river was a nice thing to float and relax on for adults too.

All in all. Here is my opinion: very beautiful spot in the Caribbean. Overpriced all-inclusive resort with slow and poor service. Rooms in the Caribbean and French Villages were standard to sub-par as far as hotel rooms. This place isn't cheap at all and you cannot eat and drink enough to make it worth the expense to get here. High end, higher income people with too much money to spend on vacation come here. Service needs to improve before we would think of coming back. Tipping may help that but as of now the people are not allowed to take tips for good service. So no one gives good service.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Paul_da_Bulldog
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Definitely would go back, was just a little sad to have my child's bag taken from the pool area, with my phone and camera inside. I would just like to see security tightened in areas that people have belongings with them and there in the pool. Other then that was very pleased with our trip and enjoyed 8 days of fun, and relaxation. The food was incredible:)

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I was fortunate to win this trip thru a local radio station and let me tell you it was so awesome!! I could not believe the friendliness of the staff the cleanliness of the resort and the amazing views of the aqua blue water!!! I would just like to thank everyone of the staff at this resort for making this trip memorable to me and my cousin that went with me! I would certainly come back!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

We're so glad to read that you had an amazing vacation at Beaches Turks & Caicos. It makes us proud to know that our friendly and helpful staff members played a big role in the enjoyment of your stay. Thank you so much for your review.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Cassie C.