“AMAZING FAMILY VACATION...”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Ok, lets start by saying this is an amazing experience for a family vacation. I traveled with my husband my 2 year old and my 5 year old. The resort is beautiful from start to finish. The shows were amazing for the kids and ourselves as well. The camps were perfect. each of my kids had their own camp for their age appropriate activities. No worries, they take amazing care of the kids and my children loved them. You can put them in or take them out all day. Many days we did mornings on the beach after breakfast then the kids went to camp for activities. In addition, my little one napped daily with no problems in the camp with her little friends. Each day at lunch a little train would come to get them to transport them to the restaurant to eat. One day I watched her line up for 10 other 2 year olds, walk out the door right past me, wave hello and get on the train like a big girl.. So adorable. The children have access to the Sesame Characters all day long. Remember to get a schedule of Character events as soon as you arrive, even if waiting for your room, you can go catch up with a few. The Characters go to the camps as well to do scheduled activities with the kids. There is more to do than you can imagine with and for the kids. It is a dream vacation for them. Food is incredible, your kids will eat things you would have never imagined, because the buffets are so elaborate, my kids tried tons of new veggies and foods to add to their diets. The chefs are incredible with their well thought out meal plannings. We ate everywhere on the resort and one was better than the next. NO COMPLAINTS with food at all. Good food was always available

The shows at night, every night at 6:30 with the Characters for the kids, was amazing... smiles galore. The staff really got attached to the kids and treated them all so wonderfully. Shows for adults followed on some nights. In addition, they had a kids fashion show and a kids talent show.. so awesome..

Make sure you make your rounds to all the restaurants because it would be a shame if you didn't experience how good the food was in each and how difference each experience was. Everything is included so why not indulge. No TRICKS.. it's all included ...

Watersports, (Lionel) what a guy, took my husband and myself out on a Hobie Cat sailing, then took myself and my daughter (5 yr) old out sailing another day. He made my daughter smile and laugh while enjoying her first time out on the ocean.

The watersports are unlimited use, so use it up..... (non-motorized) plenty to do though

Kayak
Waterbikes (took my 5 yr old on this too)
Paddleboards
Hobiecats sailing..

Beaches are insanely perfect, sand soft, waiters bringing drinks right to us in the water. Water so lightly colored Turquoise and you can see to the bottom even as you go far out. .

Rooms.. Perfect.. Deluxe room in Carribean Village.. NO COMPLAINTS. ROOM 114, easy access to everything!!!!!! We spent time in each pool, so many to list.. French pool and Italian Pools are awesome for little little ones. shallow depth areas.

Ambiance at night, just outrageous...

Camp is running at night so the kids can watch a movie in their jammies while you eat a nice dinner.. 2 adult only rest...... My two year old watched a movie, happily in her jammies and then at pickup was smiling from ear to ear, came back to the room and right to sleep after she sang a few songs in the dark..

Everything is Super Clean and anything you need is NO PROBLEM.
Waterpark was great for both kids. Honestly, one of the best vacations ever.......Staff was amazing and helpful at all times....

The only suggestion is that the 5-7 year old camp has more time with the Characters as a scheduled activity. Since my 5 year old still loves the characters, I pulled her out a few times to go to the other camp to do activities. I felt like those activities could have been done at her camp, therefore to not make me run around.

Room Tip: little ones choose ground level and maybe carribean village, but closer to the italian village side...
5  Thank josephine6595
There are newer reviews for Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This was our 2nd trip to Beaches T/C's. We are a family of 3 with a 12 year old daughter. I will point out the high and low points, but lets start with the high points. Take the Provo Tours 1/2 day snorkeling trip, well worth it, can be booked at the resort. Sure there is great snorkeling right off the beach at the resort, but the staff on the tour and the trip to Half Moon Beach make it well worth the cost, it was a fantastic 1/2 day. Tip here, take snacks and water and lots of sun screen. I love, love, love the beach at this resort, sure it is a little narrow, but it is 13 miles long of a beach, and it is clean and clear and warm, and wonderful, people who complain about an ocean with seaweed are nuts, its an ocean, not a pool!! and the amount of sea weed is minimal. I also love the grounds at this resort, they are mature and a really nice mix of flowers and trees, and well manicured. I would also say most of the staff are great, they are hard working and I believe for the most part really do try and make your stay the best that it can be, of course based on the number of people working here there are some that you are going to run across that might rub you the wrong way, but overall they are good.
Now for what I would consider the weak points, the first is the rooms, we stayed for the 2nd time in the Caribbean Village, for 2 reasons, the first is it is our favorite part of the resort, closest to the beach and has the most flowers and trees, the second reason is cost, coming from NS Canada, you would have to re mortgage your house to stay in any other area. Sure the rooms are okay, but like other reviewers said, for the price you are paying, okay just does not seem to cut it. The Caribbean Village rooms for sure need to be upgraded, they need to be updated and modernized, still keeping the charm of the Caribbean, but they see a lot of traffic and they show it. Again if this were anywhere else and I paid 1/2 of what we paid, I would not have one complaint. My other complaint is that there are very little activities for tweens, I would say if your kids are 3-10, and then 17 and older they are going to be set, but for those in between, it just did not cut it for us. Most of the stuff is geared for young kids, obviously with the Sesame Street, and then again for those kids that are old enough to go off on their own and do their own thing, but for us, our 12 year old daughter did not find activities to suit her and spent most of her time with us at the pool or beach, which was fine, but not what we expected. I would also suggest that the staff pay closer attention to the temperature of the pools, there were some days when the pools were down right like hot tubs, obviously due to high temperatures outside but they should be adjusting to that, small point to make, but worth mentioning. Lastly I think that they need to work on the amount of spaces available with shade both at the pools and the beach. I hate, hate, hate the early morning game to get a spot, but sadly it was the case on this trip, we had to get up at 7am every morning to secure a spot that would provide afternoon shade, both at the beach and the Caribbean pool ( I will point out that the French pool did have spots every day, so if you can not find something elsewhere check it out there, this seems to be the least utalized pool) They need to find a way to better balance the butler services provided (obviously they are out there every morning scooping up the best spots and most of the huts) and the rest of the guests, to ensure that everyone has an equal opportunity for the perfect spot.
Overall I like Beaches T/C I think that it has a lot of really good things going for it, and the location is fantastic, but it needs to work a little harder at providing value for dollar, it's a supper expensive place, and for that reason alone people expect just a little more.
We would not return again.

Room Tip: Caribbean Village is affordable but needs updating, still clean but dated.
3  Thank NSFAMILYTRAVELORS
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I just got back from my vacation at Beaches in Provo. Overall the property is stunning and well taken care of, has a large selection of good dining selections and the regular staff is very friendly and catering. The turtles lounge was extremely entertaining at night as well as the bar staff there. Check in and check out were very quick and easy. Wi-Fi was an additional charge. Although they indicated that there were free hot spots, they were unable to assist us with a connection. Shame on you Beaches - contacting people at home to make sure everything is going well is an imperative first step at allowing yourself to relax.

The one big issue I had with this resort is the diving facility. We selected this resort due to the location and the fact that diving was included. But here's some of the problems:

The dive shop only opens for check in minutes before you board the boat. You take the gear they provide you and bring it on board. When you get on board this is the only time you have to confirm that your gear in working properly. My first 1 tank dive I had a BCD that did not hold air well, but dealt with it. On the 2 tank dive I checked to make sure the BCD would hold air and discovered that it also didn't hold air well and advised my dive master. By the time I discovered this we were already on our way out and the boat had to turn around and return for another BCD.

On board, they have coated weights, but they are color coded and there is no sign indicating the weight corresponding to the color. I asked one of the hands on board and they blasted the color and weight designation like I was putting them out of their way. People in Provo have a strong accent and I could not understand what was said and had to ask a guest to help me out. There was an aqua and a green..... What if someone is color blind? Just put up a sign so guests don't have to do this every dive.

On my second dive (2 tank dive), my tank leaked and they ended up changing the o-ring. Also on this dive my buddy had a nose valve on her mask blow out (her gear) which allowed a continuous amount of water to enter her mask and had to surface before we actually made it to the ocean floor. The dive master was not aware that she had resurfaced. She was able to borrow a mask and continue her dive.

There are too many people on board to provide the correct amount of attention to each diver and the sport is too dangerous to dive with defective gear. Checking all aspects of the gear should be done by the dive staff on return of every boat trip. Leaving the guests to do a total check of the gear at boarding time does not work. You barely have enough time to board, put down your gear and start connecting to a tank. Maybe the dive staff is not getting paid enough to ensure that each guest has a safe and friendly experience. The dive staff, as well as the entire Beaches staff is not allowed to accept tips. I'm not sure minimum wage in Provo is as much as the cost of one gallon of gas. Make your own conclusions.

Although I enjoyed my vacation with Beaches, I will probably get a rental property next time I go to Provo.

Room Tip: If you're in the carribean village, choose the end closest to the Italian village. You will be...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank dprejean
Reviewed May 4, 2013

when i booked the trip to beaches t+c, i was at first a bit reluctant because of the cost. but it was the first trip we'd be taking our family of 6 on that involved an airplane. our kids are 10, 10, 6, and 5. (twin girls). we thought we'd return when the boys turned 10, but i'm thinking we will be back sooner than that.

we stayed april 10 - april 17, 2013 and had 2 adjoining rooms in the caribbean village.

first off, the property is absolutely beautiful. no stone is left unturned, even in all the bathrooms throughout the property. details everywhere that reflect the village. lush. green, open spaces, private spaces. the maintenance is almost entirely done by hand, so noise is minimal.

second, the staff was very very polite and seemed truly happy to serve. they wouldn't even let my husband pour his own coffee. we received 2 phone calls during our stay checking in to see how our vacation was going.

third, and perhaps the most impressive part (for me, at least) was how uncrowded it was, despite being april vacation, and at capacity. i kept on saying to my husband, "they must be coming saturday." (we arrived on a wednesday). and saturday came and went, and the feeling remained the same. always plenty of space. always beach chairs. we have many many photos of the kids solo in the ocean - like a private beach at times!

regarding food i was immediately impressed! we had our first dinner at arizonas. i had the steak and my husband got the vegetarian chili. we ended up going back to arizonas many times. throughout the property, we tried all the fish dinners, and they were all excellent. even my 5 and 6 yo boys licked their plates. each of the restaurants looked and felt like a real restaurant as opposed to other all inclusives which can feel more like a hotel or cafeteria. schooners was lovely - the only place where one night had a wait of an hour. but on the night we went, we got seated within minutes. barefoot by the sea was perhaps our least favorite - long wait for the food, and the food was just so so. breakfast there was kind of lousy actually. marios had the best breakfast buffet - absolutely huge, fresh, made to order stations, and plenty of variety. we didn't care much for guiseppes probably due to the smaller size and cramped layout. the british pub had amazing beer batter fish and reflections had an international buffet that we visited many times for lunch and dinner. kimono's was fun (loud!) and delicious. the pizza places that make gourmet pizzas are great - but they're definitely on island time. they will custom make your pizza one at a time... so plan for a good 20-30 minute wait. go and order, go back and swim, and then go back to get your pizza.

the other impressive thing about the food was the fresh fruit. bowls full of black berries and bowls full of raspberries. fresh watermelon, pineapple... definitely not jarred fruit.

another note on the service - at one of the omelet stations, i asked if they had feta to mix in, having seen it at dinner time, and at reflections, they didn't, but they wouldn't give up. they sent someone over to the italian village to get me my own bowl of feta. the chef making my omelet wanted to please me and was determined to make my custom omelet perfect.

also on the service, everyone, and i mean everyone, would greet you, say good morning, ask how you are, ask how your vacation is going, ask if you need anything... all the people that work at the resort will greet you and make you feel like you're the most important person around and they really make you feel like they care.

the pools - heaven. the italian and french pools have a zero clearance, and max of about 5'. we sat around and lingered in the water. plenty of seating in the pool and around the pool. everyone was eating, drinking, and doing their own thing. no rules about keeping beverages out of the pool.

another thing to note - i was a bit curious about the culture having never been to a beaches property before. and i was wondering if we'd have to dress up and put on our formal manners at night, or even walking to and from the beach/pool during the day. much to my surprise, it was very very laid back. many people enjoying the walks in bathing suits with maybe a wrap, shorts at night. nothing formal at all.

we did not visit the 2 adult restaurants or put our kids in the kids programs, so i can't comment on that.

the evening entertainment by the french pool was fun - though we didn't stay to watch all of it, and didn't partake in the sesame activities (we go to sesame place in PA in the summer, so we do that stuff there...). the sunday night chocolate festival was delicious - get there early - it takes forever for everyone to make their way around the table.

possibly the only thing i'd skip would be the sat. night beach party / cook out. the food was just 'ok' and the entertainment was cheesy. and not enough seating at the picnic tables. we ended up getting a plate of food, and sitting on beach chairs by the ocean instead.

which reminds me of another great point - at any time, you can go to a restaurant and ask for a box and either fill it at the buffet or order a meal or dessert to go. and you can go and enjoy your food anywhere. there is seating all over the place - beautiful seating - where you can have a private meal of your own.

one thing to note - they do have wedding parties throughout the property - one area is at the top of the pool area by the french pool, and other areas are by the caribbean village pools. this can be loud, and go into the night. and the music is typical DJ wedding music. so if that would bother you, ask for a room location that's not near any of the typical wedding sites.

activities - scuba! the scuba people were awesome! i went on 2 dives. my 10 yo did the resort cert and they were very very professional with her. and snorkeling is just a 10 minute walk down the beach to a special preserve. the fish there were gorgeous - many blues, purples, golds... sign out the life jackets and flippers even for good swimmers - that way you can relax and float around and enjoy the underwater scenery.

the hobie cat was a blast - they take you out any time! and the kayak and water bikes were also very fun. unbelievable the color of the water and the softness of the sand.

weather in april was perfect - mid 80s during the day and 70 at night. we did need a light sweater at night (partly due to the sun during the day, and partly due to the constant trade winds). shorts were fine though.

our rooms in the caribbean village were perfectly fine. we were on the second floor. no dampness or mustiness. the linens were very very nice. the towels were plush. the shampoo and conditioners were tropical scented. the trundle and pull out sleeper had real mattresses - no springs/coils like a typical sleeper. we will book these rooms again since we were away from the nightlife and it felt more tropical than the italian village area.

morning espressos at the french bistro were great. a nice way to start the day.

every now and then we'd see one of the sesame characters. tastefully done - not in your face kind of thing. often in the water park area. the kids loved the water slides - most of the time, there were no lines, or just a few kids infront of them. again - i was amazed how we always found chairs, and there were no lines, even in the water park. the lazy river was very fun - but they could use more tubes. for a family of 6, it would take a while to get us all with tubes so we could go together.

also in the water park they had a 50's style diner - bobbie dee's i think it was called. food was so so, but who couldn't resist a fresh cotton candy, or made to order ice cream sundae!

one of the biggest things i noticed, aside from how uncrowded it was, was the shortage of diet coke. silly, i know... but sometimes at lunchtime i like a diet coke, and many places, even the bars, didn't have diet.

the rooms included 2 large umbrellas which we didn't need. so no need to pack any.

all in all, i'm hooked on beaches properties. i wonder now if all the other beaches / sandals are this nice. beautiful landscaping, amazing food, incredible kind staff. can't wait to go back and scuba again, swim at the beautiful warm pools, and eat great food again.

4  Thank gerberdaisy28
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My Husband and I went for a week in April with our 12 year old son. We have been to four other all inclusives and this was the best resort we've been to. At first we thought it was big, but once you got the lay of land, it wasn't that big at all. Our son spent almost every afternoon at the surf simulator using the body/boogie board. He met friends there and they spent hours trying to knock each other off. He also tried the liquid night club, but didn't like it much, as there was nobody monitoring who came in -- i.e. there were parents and some young kids there, so not as cool as he hoped. My husband and I were just happy that he was occupied and having fun, so we could indulge the swim up bars! We never left the property, as there was a lot to do, and the island didn't seem that interesting for any excursions or sight seeing. At other resorts, we have had to find excursions so we wouldn't get bored. We stayed at the Caribbean, enjoyed the big pool there; we never went to the small one. We actually did not like the Italian pool -- only went there one day because it smelled where we were sitting, and there were a lot of flies. Strange. We spent most afternoons at the French as it was close to the waterpark and we could bounce back and forth. We loved the pizza at Gordon's near the water park; breakfast at Schooners was a-la-carte and great; ate at Reflections several times for the convenience. Skip the Teppanyaki unless you have never been to one. It wlll not compare if you have been to a good one before. Overall, we liked the class of people -- never saw any drunk, rowdy, obnoxious types, but it wasn't lame either. We had a great time; absolutely great staff -- every single staff member would say hello as we walked by; and the best service we have had to date. Will go again if we can swing the cost!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

My 14 yr old daughter, wife and I went for a week. Had a great time.

Check in was smooth (juice with rum at the front desk was a nice touch). Nadaliya was very helpful. I had forgotten a internet cable at home but they provided that on asking.

Stayed at the french village luxury room - room was OK. They did room service twice a day which was good - We used to leave the room in the morning and be out all day. When we came back the beds were made and room was cleaned. After a quick shower, we were out again for evening activities. When we came back the beds had been remade/turned down and towels replinished, etc. It was good to come to a cleaned up room in the night.

French Village food area lead Super Mario G was very welcoming and helpful. Would see and chat with him daily (except on Tuesday when he went fishing on his day off). Bartenders in the FV bar/pool - Robert, Opal and Chris were excellent. By the second day they knew the favorite drinks and would set them up without asking. Le Petit Chateau folks allowed my daughter to come in and enjoy the sax player playing music ( we didn't have dinner - just some dessert). Breakfast at Guisseppe's was OK and we used to go there more often since it was closest to our room - tried Marios for breakfast also, similar food but larger sitting area. Cafe de Paris was great for coffees and sweet snacks through out the day.

Daughter took the SCUBA certification course - Instructor Elliot was great and she got thru the course with flying colors. Malcolm and Max were great at the Dive shop!

My daughter got dehydrated and had upset stomach for a day after the Scuba certification - the nurse was helpful in getting her nausea medicine. The FV desk also kept checking in if she was Ok and sent Gatorade/extra cans of soda for her. Once she felt better, they sent a fruit platter for her. Nice touch.

The Sushi place was a good place to start for some appetizers/early eve drink, before going for dinner later. Had dinner at Soppodillo's - had to take food out and sit in reflections to eat since they didn't let my daughter in. We tried it because that was the last day of T&C Lobster season and that was the only restaurant service lobster tails that evening. They were Ok with this approach (actually the lady on the front desk of Soppodillos suggested it - thanks) and lobster was good. Tried Schooners - not too impressed with that. I guess it was hyped here and our expectations were higher (coming from new england)

Barefoot by the beach was fun - ala carte menu was not that extensive, but food was good. Suresh the chef is from India and made the dishes spicier on request. Baki the chef in Reflections is also from India and has couple of indian dishes in buffet everynight - one night he had Chikken tikka masala that was good (we are from India originally and can vouch for the taste ;-). Next day he made a chicken burrito with indian coriander and tamarind sauce that was refreshing and tasty.

Arizonas is the place to go for lunch - great spread and variety of food both inside and on the grill. The beach party on Friday nite was great fun with the competition and general family fun/food/drinks.

Staff was generally friendly. As commented before by other reviewers - two categories of staff: Some going above and beyond in helping/taking care of you and other doing their job. But that is Ok and representative of other establishments also.

Overall great vacation.

Couple of suggestions to the staff/management -
We reached on Saturday evening around 9PM. By the time we checked in, freshened up in the room and got out it was 10PM. Walked to Guiseppes/Le Petit chateau and found the restaurants were all closed. The place was deserted and empty - after a long day travelling, we were tired and hungry. In the dark, we were little disoriented on where the other restaurants were and how to get there. One staff member mentioned that we could go to Bobby Ds to eat and led us there. Once there we were not too impressed and asked for other option, someone suggested Cricketeers pub. Another person led us there. Maxwell from Cricketeers welcomed us and realized we were tired after the long day - he personally went and got us drinks, recommended some food items and got them for us. A good ending to a long travel day. Suggestion to staff - if late checkin, you can help the new travellers by directing them to options on what they can do for food when it is off hrs.

Also, the horror stories of departure on Saturdays is true ( we got lucky on one line) and were thru security check and inside the terminal within an hour or so. Suggestion to Beaches/Sandals is to have a lounge for Beaches customers in the new Airport (something similar to the VIP lounge in exisiting airport). This will make the last few hrs at T&C more bearable. After such a relaxing and pampered 7 days the last few hours in heat, overcrowded airport and paying for water/snacks etc brought us to reality pretty quickly ;-(.

2  Thank Jay D
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Beach/Pools: We stayed over Easter week and the hotel was sold out but you wouldn't know it unless you hung out by the Italian pool. Even so, the Carribean and French pools were pretty dead so you could always get a spot. The beach is honestly the reason to go to this resort and I was shocked that it wasn't crowded. Why would you even stay by the pool when you have the most beautiful beach in the world? I'm shocked at any review that would say otherwise. THis is my second trip to T&C and I'm always blown away by it. I have no idea what seaweed you guys are talking about. The water is a calm and clear as a pool. AMAZING!
Bar/Food: I've stayed at a lot of all inclusives in Mexico, the Dominican Republic and the Carribean and I honestly had high expectations going in just because of the cost. Because of that I was disappointed. I expected high end drinks/alcohol in that cost but found it to be untrue. I did not spend $10k to have Bud light and Miller! We found out half way through the stay that you can get Bass at the British pub and that's what we did for the rest of our stay. The rest of the drinks were unimpressive. The house wine is terrible. The food was good, not great. Exactly what I would expect at an all inclusive. The adults only restaurants have the best food. I was completely in shock that room service is not included. Every other resort I've stayed at has this included. Best food for an all inclusive goes to Dreams Riviera Maya in Cancun
Rooms: We stayed in the French Village and to be honest this was one of the the worst hotel rooms I've stayed in but again I had high expectations. For the money, I would expect more than a basic room. We had leaking sinks and showers. I do have to say that those got fixed right away though but I hope this isn't a common thing. We tip as a matter of practice and gave our room cleaner $5 every day and left it on the bed. We didn't get any better service. Turn down service was spotty. Some days it happened, some days it didn't. The mini bar got refilled only once during our week. I would assume it to get filled every day. Best rooms go to Dreams Palm Beach as far as I'm concerned.
Kids Club: By far the only reason I walked away from this trip thinking I got my money's worth. My daughter never wanted to spend a second with me. She wanted to be at the kids club from beginning to end. She met a lot of amazing friends and I thought the staff there was the best EVER. I cannot say enough about them. I never worried about where she was and what she was doing. She cried the day we left and the staff seemed equally sad to see her go. The water park, the Xbox room, The lazy river, the kids restaurant with cotton candy and ice cream all day...what can I say? They made this place with kids in mind. My daughter is 8 but if you have younger kids, this is heaven on earth with the Sesame Street characters. My daughter could care less, but little kids were in awe.

Entertainment: I don't dive so we didn't take advantage of this great inclusion which I hear is amazing. I snorkel and thought the free boat trip was great. The other water sports were fabulous and I think we did everything from paddle boarding, canoe, water bike etc. The live entertainment was ok, not great. If you want big shows every night you should go to a Dreams all inclusive. Especially the one in Punta Cana. They do huge shows every night and have a real theater. Again, not horrible but just ok. Again for the money I would think the shows would be better. The best thing they do is the beach party buffet. That was fun but the entertainment (fire dancer) wasn't very good. Forget about it if you think the night club will be hoppin! The club is beautiful and exactly what I'd be looking for but I think all the adults turn in early. The kids club is only open until 10pm and the club doesn't open until 11pm so you'd have to get a sitter. Because of this, no one came. Sad.

Spa: I'm a spa goer and I've been to a ton of them. This is really nothing to write home about. There is no real changing room and you need to be careful getting out of the shower because male attendants walk around. There is no jacuzzi. There is a steam room but it's out in the open. The service was great though so that evened things out.

Service: We thought for the most part that we had exceptional service. Nothing to complain about. Sometimes it was hard getting a drink by the Italian pool but I think the service people were tired from all the people. A weird thing I noticed is that there is no food or bar service at the pool itself. You have to get up and get a drink yourself or go get food and bring it back. Not a problem, but would have been nice.

I can't see spending this kind of money again. If we do go back we will stay at the Veranda which Beaches just bought (I think they are calling it the Key West). I think the rooms will be nicer there because they weren't built by Beaches. We wanted to come back next year with our extended families but I just don't see how I can expect everyone to spend $10k when you could spend $3k in Mexico or DR for better rooms and food/drink.