“Good Not Great!”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Big property that will get bigger (from what I was told). Works well with older kids who don't mind walking a lot. Younger kids get tired.

After a fantastic experience at Sandals in Montego Bay, we felt a bit let down. The cheerfulness of the Jamaicans in Sandals was missing quite a bit. It felt that the friendliness was a bit forced in places. Feeling of genuine warmth was spotty and only in certain facilities and restaurants.

Arrival: From the airport to the lobby, it was quite smooth but the lobby seems to always be very lightly staffed. That was not a pleasant experience. No one seemed to know who is helping whom and who was in-charge. Our time to the room was not as bad as another family of 4 who had been waiting for about 4 hours. Same situation at check out or any time you went to the lobby, it was rare to see more than 1 person in registration area and guests had to wait a lot all the time. All in all, the check in and check out process needs a lot of improvement. This was the worst part of the trip.

Food: Mostly the food was outstanding and plentiful. The specialized restaurants were really good. Kids had a great time at all times. Very good service at Soy, Sappodillas, Bella Napoli, & Crickets. Decent service at both Schooners, Giuseppe's and Cafe de Paris. Reflections and Marios were not at all good. Service was poor and unlike in Sandals where you could request any thing and people would jump to it, here I saw constant push back or unwillingness to help. Reflections was the worst of the lot.

Kids Camps: The Sesame St Kids camp for the 5 and under was very good. The people there were terrific. The older camp was a bit casual and I never felt that there was any one in charge. Also, when I made the comment that my daughter had come home with a really bad sun burn all over, the lady I talked to looked at me as if it was my own fault. They ask us to provide the sun screen lotions but if they are not doing any thing with it, why ask. Anyway, the older kids camp was not up to par with the younger ones.

Activities: Snorkeling was OK but then for all inclusive, it was no match for the one in Jamaica.

Overall, there were enough great folks who worked there that took care of us really well especially the lady who cleaned our room and some of the wait staff. So, it is definitely a mixed bag. If this is your first time to any Sandals, Beaches etc, then this would feel really good. If you already have some other experience in mind, could be a let down.

4  Thank VasuKengeri

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I thought this was a very expensive trip. Which actually would have been OK with me if the resort was as good as the hype. 4 of us, two adults and kids 9 and 5. Everyone in our group loved our room. Italian village, waterfront. The kids loved the bunk beds. XBox in the room but bring your own games because there are none in the room and none available to rent. There is a cool button in the room that you can turn on and indicate that it's ok to clean your room. Only problem is, it means nothing. Typically (we were there 7 nights) it took 5-6 hours after we turned the notification on, the cleaners would arrive.
The main entertainment is, of course, water. Good luck getting chairs by the pool (Italian or French) or by the ocean. There is a mad dash between 6;30 and 7:00am for people to run down, put towels on chairs and then proceed not to show up to use for 3, 4, 5, 6 hours or ever. Often the same people hold chairs in several locations so maybe even will never show up to use. That leaves the rest of us without. We actually did run down one morning but right after breakfast we went to enjoy our chairs only to find that someone had moved the umbrella that was shading them. Finally, on day 6 after 1:00pm when I asked an attendant to remove towels from chairs that hadn't been used at all, we got out poolside chairs. I talked with the manager at the "concierge" desk only to be told they knew it was a problem. No room service unless you have a butler room. We paid 15k and got no butler. Service is OK at best. When you bring up an issue, no one wants to do anything about it. I believe it's a case of over promising and under delivering. Go with low expectations. Then most likely you won't be disappointed. Soap, shampoo and lotion are not replaced unless you ask. Pretty much you need to ask for everything you want.

3  Thank 83Momo
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed here with three children during the Passover/Easter week, and everyone had such a good time. We stayed at the Caribbean Village Parrot Villas suites. The rooms were huge and clean. The staff were courteous and accommodating. Although on one occasion, we encountered an irate staff/minister, but the concierge sent a plate of fruit to our room and apologized profusely.

They have a lot to offer to children and teenagers. The kids loved the water park and adults love the scuba and snorkeling. The beach was pristine and we lucked out with the weather for a few days. At night, the adults went to the adults only restaurants. We had drinks while the kids swam, had pizzas, ice cream and hot dogs.

The food is always plentiful like being on a cruise. There are a lot of restaurants, French, Asian and Italian. The setting for each restaurant is beautiful but the food was mediocre. There is no fine dining here. We tried them all. The worst one was Schooners. The seafood was awful. I would stick it out with Reflections and Arizona's if you are staying at the Caribbean Village. The breakfast buffets are all similar in all the villages.

On the last day of the trip, we ate at Kimonos (you need a reservation). After the chef cooked and distributed the shrimp, steak, rice, etc., he immediately asked everyone if we wanted more. Since we just started eating, no one replied. The chef took the food right away instead of keeping in warm on the grill in case anyone wanted more. He said he was keeping it to make someone happy. After we ate, some were still hungry. So we contented ourselves with dessert.

The Sesame breakfast and tuck down was great for the children and the Sesame Street characters had a parade along with Caribbean dancers.

All in all, I would recommend Beaches for families with children.

1  Thank damim
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Overall, this resort truly is worth all of the buzz. My family, consisting of my husband and two children (ages 5 and 7), had a fabulous vacation! I will break my comments down by category:

Lodging - We stayed in the Caribbean village. Our room was nice and clean, which was all we were looking for given the amount of time we actually spent in it. The perks of this village is that it is also close to the beach and it is not as pricey as the Italian village.

Pools - Here's where strategy really does come into play. My little girls really enjoyed the Italian pool over the pools in the French and Caribbean villages. The Italian pool had warmer water, more action and activities, and a larger area of shallow water for my younger daughter to swim and wade. However, if you want to get chairs at the Italian pool, you really do have to get up at the crack of dawn (by 6:00 a.m.) -- yes, so much for sleeping in on vacation -- to reserve the chairs you would like. And, you must put your own personal items on the chair to officially claim them (towels alone isn't enough, in my opinion). During our week stay, we observed at least 3 confrontations amongst guests over ownership of the "reserved" chairs . It is an issue at the Italian pool and it's something the resort needs to work on. If you don't feel like dealing with this, the French pool is also nice and is close to the Pirate Island water park. If you are looking for a quieter pool, I'd recommend the pools in the Caribbean Village.

Food - This was a huge anxiety factor for me before we got to the resort given that both of my girls have severe food allergies (egg, tree nuts and peanuts). I spoke to a head chef at the resort prior to our arrival to get a sense of food options for my girls for our upcoming trip. Once we got to the resort, I also met with Chef Garrie Brown, who could not have been more helpful and reassuring about the system the resort has in place for individuals with food allergies (you fill out a form at least one meal in advance for each meal, selecting what food item you want from that particular restaurant's menu). While the process of filling out forms for each meal (including snacks) at first seemed overwhelming given the number of restaurants on the resort, it, for the most part, worked out fine. It just entailed a lot of planning ahead and you certainly could not "wing" anything. Some advice for allergy parents: I would not limit yourself to the written menus for each restaurant provided by the Concierge because many of the restaurants have buffets and different options each night (and, as a result, didn't have menus to choose items from). I found myself going to various restaurants the night before to scope out their buffets to get a sense of options and then ask to speak to the chef about what they could do for my child the following day so I would know what to put on my form for that specific meal. It was a lot of work, but at least it gave us more food options and restaurants to choose from. Additionally, when arriving at each restaurant, I would confirm that they received our allergy form and asked to speak to a chef to ensure that my children were eating allergy-safe foods that I had selected. Some chefs really went above and beyond to make sure my girls were comfortable and happy with their meals (thank you Chef Paula at Giuseppie's, Chef Garrie at Arizona's, Chef Jeremiah at Schooners, and Chef Roger at Reflections). We only had one glitch where a restaurant had no received our snack form for that day, but we were able to resolve it right away.

In terms of the food for the adults, it was great and the restaurants provide a huge variety. Some favorites include Reflection's breakfast buffet, the coffee (best I ever had) and pastries at Café Paris, the dinner buffet at Giuseppie's, and the lunch buffet at Arizona's.

Some other comments: The resort grounds are beautiful and well-maintained. The fitness room was nice. My girls loved the nightly entertainment in the French village, and the staff was very friendly and really tried to accommodate you.

We truly had a wonderful time and hope to return to Beaches soon!

4  Thank Cari M
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Overall, our vacation at Beaches Turks &Caicos was outstanding! The resort is extremely clean and the food was the best we ever had at any all-inclusive resort. We were not disappointed at any of the restaurants we ate at.

Employees were outstanding as well. We never once passed an employee who did not great us which we never had seen in other resorts before.

The pools are wonderful, however, you must get up extremely early in order to get a chair which I did not care for. As early as 6:00 am people would be out putting their belongings on chairs and a lot of them never showed up during the day. They would also do that at the beach.

Entertainment is lacking at this resort. They have some shows for little children, but nothing really for adults. They did have Karoke a few nights a week but it was only until. 11:00 pm. There was a disco that opened at 11:00 pm, however, we never went to it.

Other than entertainment, this is an excellent place to stay and we booked next year's break there as well.

Room Tip: We chose a two bedroom where you walked in to the kids room which had a sliding door separating the...
2  Thank sinsandy
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Arrived at the airport,customs no problem,walked out and were greated by a Beaches rep and a cold bottle of water ,the van was 2 min and off to the hotel 5 min ride.We arrived at the French village where we were staying which has its own reception so no line up,filled out the paperwork which could have almost been avoided based on the info i had already given them when i paid but anyway just an observation..we had lunch at guiseppes which was nice and fresh at 2.30 in the afternoon and were seated by Mario the manager,very nice man who we saw everyday during our stay,glad i don"t work there.Room was ready before the 3pm check in and was just perfect walkout king with trundle bed for our 15 and 9ry old was perfect,got the wireless pkg $43.00 /5 devices and it worked great.French pool was awesome,lots of comfy beds and just enough activities if you wanted or not but never pressured like some other a.i. hotels.Grounds are absolutely spectacular,you have to see it for yourself.We split our day between the beach and the pool,watersports at the beach are top notch,hats off to everyone down there.The best kept secret for dining is schooners for breakfast,i was there ten years ago and it is still the best place for breakfast overlooking the ocean and enjoying a mimossa!!For lunch the brick pizza oven in the carribean village was fantastic but very popular so it takes time,but who"s in a rush.We had dinner in the French restaraunt twice,amazing as were our servers,the suschi which was a blast,kimonos was a lot of fun for the kids,Marios twice and Bobby Dees for burgers and shakes.Overall the food and service was fabulous.We did parrasailing off the beach, the big orange smiley faced sail,white boat with parrasailing written on the side,these guys were top notch,safe,nice newer boat etc,would recomend.,also went jet skiing with sun and fun sports also really good.Before our trip to Beaches we had visited a Secrets resort for a conference and hands down the service,food,attitudes and the feeling of being a guest were a notch above any all inclusive we have visited.Myself being in the retail sector and serving the public i left Beaches after 7 days feeling i had recieved tremendous service and value for money.Thank you Beaches and see you soon.The Johnson Family.If anyone has any questions regarding Beaches i would be more than happy to give an objective answer if i can help in an

11  Thank knechty
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The room in the French Village smelled so bad, (musty and moldy) that I tried to limit the time we were in the room. It hurt just to breath in the strong moldy smell. My lungs still hurt and I am still coughing and we've been back almost 2 weeks! The air conditioner broke down. It was located above the closet and it leaked (water?) all over my clothes. Everything was drenched!!! The bathroom was run down (broken grout, missing tiles, old looking). The grounds were amazing, the pools and water park were amazing (except the surf pool was closed down for repair) and the food was very good.

Room Tip: Try the new Italian Village as the musty smell hasn't set in yet.
1  Thank susan w