Big property that will get bigger (from what I was told). Works well with older kids who don't mind walking a lot. Younger kids get tired.
After a fantastic experience at Sandals in Montego Bay, we felt a bit let down. The cheerfulness of the Jamaicans in Sandals was missing quite a bit. It felt that the friendliness was a bit forced in places. Feeling of genuine warmth was spotty and only in certain facilities and restaurants.
Arrival: From the airport to the lobby, it was quite smooth but the lobby seems to always be very lightly staffed. That was not a pleasant experience. No one seemed to know who is helping whom and who was in-charge. Our time to the room was not as bad as another family of 4 who had been waiting for about 4 hours. Same situation at check out or any time you went to the lobby, it was rare to see more than 1 person in registration area and guests had to wait a lot all the time. All in all, the check in and check out process needs a lot of improvement. This was the worst part of the trip.
Food: Mostly the food was outstanding and plentiful. The specialized restaurants were really good. Kids had a great time at all times. Very good service at Soy, Sappodillas, Bella Napoli, & Crickets. Decent service at both Schooners, Giuseppe's and Cafe de Paris. Reflections and Marios were not at all good. Service was poor and unlike in Sandals where you could request any thing and people would jump to it, here I saw constant push back or unwillingness to help. Reflections was the worst of the lot.
Kids Camps: The Sesame St Kids camp for the 5 and under was very good. The people there were terrific. The older camp was a bit casual and I never felt that there was any one in charge. Also, when I made the comment that my daughter had come home with a really bad sun burn all over, the lady I talked to looked at me as if it was my own fault. They ask us to provide the sun screen lotions but if they are not doing any thing with it, why ask. Anyway, the older kids camp was not up to par with the younger ones.
Activities: Snorkeling was OK but then for all inclusive, it was no match for the one in Jamaica.
Overall, there were enough great folks who worked there that took care of us really well especially the lady who cleaned our room and some of the wait staff. So, it is definitely a mixed bag. If this is your first time to any Sandals, Beaches etc, then this would feel really good. If you already have some other experience in mind, could be a let down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario's Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales