Beaches exceeded our expectations, for an All-Inclusive, delivering a family Spring Break vacation with lots of activities (scheduled daily and spontaneous), delicious food choices 24/7, nice amenities, and fun for kids of all ages. With two “growing” boys, the food consumption alone for four people made it a huge value. We chose Beaches over Hawaii, Belize, and other TCI resorts because their All-Inclusive price was very competitive compared to paying separately for hotel, food, activities, and tips at the other non-inclusive locations. Also, with Beaches, it’s nice to not have to plan daily activities as a family – just do whatever you want, whenever you want, as a family or individually, without shelling out more cash. No need to leave the property and it’s safe. We made the right choice for this particular vacation!
The Staff - We found the staff to be extremely friendly and attentive. Even with a full resort, the staff to guest ratio seemed like 1 to 1! There was always someone nearby to assist us. Even the staff at the airport was great, getting us to the resort in about 15 minutes - a record for “island time”!
The Food –The variety, quality, and taste of all our food was excellent compared to other resorts and even many restaurants here in Dallas – great sushi at Soy’s, a perfectly prepared filet mignon at Le Petit Chateau, fish and chips at Cricketer’s Pub, burgers and onion rings at Bobby Dee’s, lattes and croissants every morning at Café de Paris. I believe there are 16 restaurants and we hit 13 of them and never had a bad meal. We missed Arizona’s, Giuseppe’s, and Reflections but I’m sure they are good.
The Drinks - No question about it, the booze is watered down. We consistently observed extremely long pours from bottles by bartenders resulting in very weak tasting drinks. As an adult, it would have been nice to get a real drink without resorting to beer or wine. As a parent, I’m glad that all those “first time” teenage drinkers on Spring Break were getting watered down drinks. The drinking age is 18 on the island. We also found that the quality of mixed drinks varied from bar to bar. Inguanas Pool Bar made the best Dirty Bananas/BBCs for our 20 year old.
The Resort/Pool Scene - The grounds are immaculate - reminded us of Disney World given the landscaping, cleanliness, and themed villages. The Caribbean is older with a smaller pool scene but close to the beach. The Italian is the newest with a crowded pool scene. We had to get up early (7 am) to “beat the butlers” in saving a spot poolside. We stayed in the French Village. That pool scene was busy but more subdued than the Italian Village. The French pool was huge and the water was cold. I believe the other two pools were heated. For us, the walk from the French Village to the beach wasn’t that bad (about 1200 ft per Google Maps) but we didn’t have any small children in tow which could make it a long trip.
The Activities – Unfortunately, ocean conditions were “red flag” all five days so we could not take any resort equipment out in the ocean. Still, there was plenty to do: daily poolside activities (i.e. music trivia, dance lessons), beach volleyball, the Lazy River, a morning at the spa, walking the beach, bodysurfing in the ocean (recommended only if you are a strong, confident swimmer for “red flag” days). We also did a SNUBA trip with Jodi to West Caicos, for an extra fee.
The Beach – Grace Bay is gorgeous, earning its top rating from TripAdvisor. Sea conditions kept us from snorkeling places like Bight Reef, which we understand is very beautiful. The beach did seem quite narrow but we’d heard hurricane Sandy did some damage, which was evident by a sandbar we hit boating between Provo and West Caicos.
What we would change:
1) Don’t water down the booze! Those that can handle a “real drink” should have the option of being served one. For those that can’t, water theirs down as it is made to keep your clientele from drinking in excess.
2) There was no place for my wife and me to dance. Liquids, the nightclub, was overrun by teenagers, even after 11pm when it turns into “adults only”, which means 18 year old adults and up. Turtles was a nicer environment for us but had no dance floor. A bit of a disappointment, but not a huge issue.
I’m thinking Beaches answer to both these issues is a vacation for two to a Sandal’s location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario's Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Unique Vacations Inc, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales