11,713 results
All reviews water park italian village key west village italian pool jerk shack le petit chateau sesame street kids camp lazy river butler service bobby dees surf simulator bella napoli cookie monster iguana pool departure lounge character breakfast
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Easy arrival, loved that you go in a van and not a bus, 15 min from airport:)
Easy check in, a small wait for concierge, loved that they had cookies for the kids and drinks for the adults, and very pleasant any time you needed there service.
We stayed at the Caribbean village, 1 bedroom suite, it was enough room for us (2 adults,3 kids, 51/2,3 1/2, 2) if we had an older child I wouldn't have liked the bed situation. There was a king bed and a trundle bed. The room was close to the beach, the pool and the sesame camp, which worked for us. The room was dated but we didn't spend much time in it. But natahlee cleaned it very well and got us a stool, umbrella in no time! Thank you
We used the kids camp for our children quite a bit,our 2 year old boy needed his naps and to stay out of the sun, and I loved that the characters showed up to do some of the activities with the kids. Miss Joanne, and shana Kay were so nice with him, thank you. My girls went to the 3-4 year old side and they were all very fun with the kids, I wish I could remember everyone's name, they were all great! My 5 1/2 year old wanted to try the 5-7 group but was a little nervous, so we went the last night of our trip to the disco at bobby dees and she had so much fun, she wanted to go the next day!!
Pirates island was ok, it needs a pool where it is shallow enough for 3 & 4 years olds to swim, and my family doesn't like spraying water so we didn't use the mini slides too much. But it is a really neat looking park.
We liked the pool by us, it was too deep for the kids to touch but they had the most fun there, with floaters, but it would've been better if there was a part that they could touch, maybe like the Italian pool. And ramil, yrene, and kc made it fun for us! The only thing missing from this section was nachos and cheese! I had them the first day at Gordon's and craved them all week but didn't make it back over there until the last day.
There is one more thing I would've liked, I went to the lobby to get coffee every morning for my husband and I, sometimes one or two of my kids came with me and then we would walk back to the room. I needed lids for the coffee, a hazard for them and me.
But otherwise it was an awesome vacation and wish I had stayed 10 days, there is so much to do I couldn't fit it all in. Love, love love it!

One minor thing the airport is horrible on your way home. After you check your bags, go into the customs line you and so many others are all squished into a very small room, kind of like sardines. I wish I would've waited back a little longer, we sat there for over 2 hours, and we were the lucky ones that got seats!! But again this is minor compared to the vacation.
Feb25-mar 4, 2013

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Thanks to Mandy at Kids Club, you are awesome girl. A shout out to Fabian (Schooners) for the endless supply of Brocolli for my little guy and breaksfast everyday at the beach. An honourable mention for Keno at the front desk, awesome service, made a two hour phone call with WestJet fly by. One last mention for Monet, my old neighbour, good times at TCI and Beaches resort.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We just returned from beaches. We stayed in a villa in the Caribbean village, it was kind of old but with the butler services of Trisha and Tony they made our trip memorable. Those two did so much for us and more. In fact we are going back next year at the new Key West. The Kitty Kat cruise was amazing! Seen beautiful island went snorkeling and had a great party on the 65' boat. All staff was very friendly and caring. If you get your hair done on the beach look for Marie she does it best! The food was delicious especially at kimono and Mario's. again a big thanks to Trisha and Tony they got our party in all the great restaurants and always had wonderful snacks waiting for us at night. We miss you all already, can't wait to go back. The beach is extraordinary and the water is turquoise just like the books. Best place I've visited so far.

3  Thank Cross27
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Six of us, spanning three generations, had a great time at Beaches. One of us, a seven-year-old boy, has a food allergy. We were able to get safe food for him at the various restaurants and snack bars, albeit often with a delay due to an apparent disconnect between the Culinary Concierge and the individual chefs. Overall, the food was excellent. Unlimited premium liquors were available. The house wine was adequate, with a better selection available at additional cost.. WiFi in our room, at $43 for the week, was fast and reliable. Sailing kayaking were included, with no wait. Rough sea conditions prevented us from using the water tricycles. The staff was very friendly. The beach was rather narrow and crowded, with the usual problem of lounge chairs reserved early by guests who only used them for part of the day. The multiple pools and saunas, including swim-up bars for adults and kids, were a pleasure. We sometimes had to wait for fresh towels to be put out.
This resort is great for families, especially if the kids are young. There’s some kind of Sesame Street activity going on every day, plus a camp and waterpark with slides and other fun stuff. There is also activities for teens, including a common X-box room and X-box machines in the guestrooms.
The beach party should not be missed. From dancing with Big Bird and his friends to beer-drinking contests, we all had a blast.
Our only complaint was the cumbersome, repetitive check-in process. All information was provided by phone when the reservations were made. We were then directed, once the trip was paid, to complete on line check-in. This was done within the recommended time-frame. When we arrived at the resort, tired and in need of a swim and drink, we again were asked the same information already provided twice before including passport information and basic info. We also had to wait one day to get the connected rooms we had been promised. All of this had nothing to do with our special food needs.
Overall, it was a great experience.

1  Thank lkayser
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We just returned from our second trip to Beaches (2/23/13 to 3/2/13), and booked the 3rd trip before we left. Traveled with two kids (10 and 12). The grounds are beautiful. The food and service range from pretty good to excellent. The two adults-only restaurants are the best for dinner, and Arizona's is amazing for lunch. My kids love the Japanese restaurant - the chefs really make a show of it, and my kids are still talking about our chef, Cookie. Only complaint is that the French adult-only restaurant (Le Petit Chateau) is next to the stage, so you have to sit inside for dinner, unless you can stand hearing Elmo and small children sing while you eat. On Friday nights they have a beach party BBQ, and it is impressive (and loud).
We had connecting rooms in the Caribbean Village, which gave us two bathrooms (Italian Village suites only have 1 bathroom), and we were close to everything. The Caribbean Village rooms were all updated in Feb. 2012, and they're pretty nice (and certainly nice enough when you have two kids throwing wet towels and bathing suits around). There's tons of stuff to do, and all of the pools are beautiful and warm (Italian pool is almost too warm). This place is hard to beat for a family vacation, but due to the sheer number of children, I don't think it would be that great for couples.

Date of stay: March 2013