11,538 results
All reviewswater parkitalian villagekey west villageitalian poolle petit chateaujerk shacksesame streetkids camplazy riverbutler servicebobby deessurf simulatorbella napolicookie monsteriguana poolcharacter breakfastdeparture lounge
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The service was excellent and everybody treated you with respect. Most importantly I have to hand it to the three bartenders KC, Ramil and my man Joel who treated everybody at Cascades Bar like they were one of their own! These guys knew how to get the party started. Thank you guys for making my stay at Beaches exciting, fun and most of all memorable! Keep it real guys!

Dan Mohler Wexford, Pa

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Bane456
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This resort is outstanding. The employees, food and facilities were exceptional. Many thanks to Lionel in watersports, RJ at the beach, Vaugn the waiter at Barefoot and Mr. Knowles. They made our stay memorable. I will highly recommend it to all.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank nicfam
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We traveled to Beaches for a "destination wedding" and I have to say, as a couple traveling for this trip without children, I would have never chosen this resort and expected the worst (circa Disney at the beach). I am pleased to report that I was wrong and we found Beaches very nice even when traveling as a couple.

There was a nice mix of families and couples at the resort (although we were not there during a school break). The resort staff did a great job with the wedding and were even able to accommodate our group of 12 for dinner together several nights. The restaurants were surprisingly good. We rarely had to wait for a table at meals even at peak times, and when we did, it was only a few minutes. There was never a wait for a drink at the bar.

I believe that we booked a Caribbean Village room but we were upgraded to an Italian Village room overlooking the main pool. The room was nice, with a comfortable bed, large bathroom, and a nice bunk bed area and would have been well suited for family. We had friends staying at the Caribbean Village and I preferred these two sections of the resort due to their location (close to the beach).

We spent most of our time at the beautiful beach. There were always loungers available (sun and shade) but I found them very close together. The same was true for the pool. We took a snorkeling excursion from the resort dock (at an added cost) which included a visit to a small island. This was a great trip and I would recommend.

For what it is, which is an enormous AI resorts catering to families, Beaches is very nice. I would recommend Beaches for families looking for all of the amenities a large resort can offer topped off with a big glass of AI house wine that is actually quite drinkable! I would choose, a smaller resort if I were to return to T&C but overall have no complaints and we had an enjoyable trip.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Megan F
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our family of 8 traveled to Beaches the week of November 10-17th. The whole family took this trip to celebrate my parents 35th wedding anniversary. We stayed in the Caribbean Village, my parents, my husband and me, and our 2 kids, 5 and 8 in a 2-br Presidential Suite and my sister and her spouse in a 1 br Gov. Honeymoon Suite. This resort was fantastic. We truly had the trip of a lifetime.
Butlers: We had Arnold and Carlington as our Butlers. We LOVED them. By the time we left, both of them were like members of our family. They just did so many little things that made our trip so special. Things that they didn’t have to do but went out of their way to do for us. They treated our kids like absolute royalty and I think my daughter cried everyday for the first week we were home because she missed them. So, what does a Butler do for you? Because we had a Butler suite, we were taken from the airport in a private vehicle, it was a super nice Yukon, the cleanest vehicle I’ve ever seen. We didn’t have to wait in any lines, they were waiting for us and we got right in the car. I saw other people waiting in lines to get on the 15 passenger vans. Our driver called ahead to let the resort know we were on our way and when we stepped out, we were whisked to the check in lounge, no waiting at the counter to check in. There, Carlington met us and charmed my daughter immediately. Because our room wasn’t ready, Carlington took us to lunch at Arizona’s. After lunch, he escorted us to our room where our bags were waiting. No fuss, no stress, just a completely relaxed travel/checkin process. Every day after that, our Butlers asked us what we would like to do the next day, where we would like breakfast, what we would like to do for the day, etc. They gave us a suggested list of places for dinners and had already reserved our evening at Kimonos (Japanese Hibachi and the only restaurant where reservations are needed). Depending on where we wanted to spend our day, beach, pool or waterpark, the Butlers would reserve a spot for our family. We loved this, every day, there was something special at our spot, towel animals or special things for the kids. A cooler with all of our favorite drinks. Carlington even put our chairs in the kiddie section of the waterpark so that it was easier for us to keep an eye on our daughter, I didn’t know this until I looked at photos of the resort later, but he put our chairs in a spot where there are not normally chairs. One night we requested a family dinner on our patio, we wanted to have just a nice quiet intimate family dinner. Carlington said that since we were traveling with the kids and wouldn’t be able to take them to Sopadilla’s, he would bring us dinner from there. Early in the day, he brought menus to us and we picked what we wanted to eat, he set a gorgeous table with cloth linens and served our dinner on our patio. That dinner was one of the major highlights of our trip. Every night when we returned to our room after dinner, there was something special in there, usually a treat (chocolate covered strawberries, cakes, cookies) and a towel animal. My kids were so excited every night to go back to the room to see what they had left! For every meal, our Butlers would set a table for us, we would bypass the check in desk, walk straight to our table that was decorated with flower petals. On our last night, Arnold brought us a gorgeous cake for my Parents anniversary, it was so pretty and covered in fresh fruit. They really do go above and beyond for you. This would have been a wonderful trip but the Butlers truly made it exceptional.
Restaurants: We tried most of the restaurants, I would say. We had breakfast every morning at Reflections. We LOVED this buffet for breakfast. The food was excellent and we loved the wrap station. The guy cooking was pure entertainment. I didn’t love Arizona’s dinner but did love their lunch. We had dinner at Mario’s and it was just ok. We LOVED Barefoot for dinner and Schooner’s. The atmosphere at both of those places right on the beach was unbeatable and the food was delicious.

Room: We stayed in the 2 BR Presidential suite in the Caribbean Village. We LOVED this room. Yes, there are areas that could be updated, the tile in the bathroom wasn’t perfect and brand new but it was absolutely fine. The room was very comfortable for us and my parents. We loved having 3 full bathrooms when it was time to get ready for dinner after a day at the beach or pool. We loved having the first floor patio, our family spent a lot of time out there, coffee in the mornings, relaxing in the evenings. It was just so nice. We loved the tranquil feel of the Caribbean Village; it seemed to provide more of that easy relaxed, stress-free Caribbean environment that we were looking for. There are so many people in the Italian Village that it wasn’t comfortable for us, there was never a crowd at either pool in our village. The French Village seemed too far away from the beach to me. We were looking for quality, stress free time together as a family and we had the perfect environment for that.
Staff: I feel that the staff really makes this resort. You truly do not cross paths with anyone during your day that doesn’t smile and greet you. They really go above and beyond. My daughter made friends with the guy who was picking up the dirty sheets from the rooms and everytime we saw him, he had something to say. He even remembered that we were waiting for my sister to arrive on the first day because my daughter had told him. He wanted to meet “the Aunt” a few days later and cracked our whole family up when he met my sister. One day my son asked the dj at the Iguanas pool if he had a certain song, which is my son’s favorite song and very obscure and of course he didn’t. He asked my son if he had a recording of the song and sent my son off to our room to get his little ipod shuffle. Plugged the ipod into his system and played my son’s favorite song for him and then let him play several other songs from his ipod. It was really sweet of them and made my son’s day. The DJ kept calling my son “DJ Nicholas” through the microphone and everyone clapped for my son when the guy gave his ipod back to him.

Overall, this was an amazing, once in a lifetime trip for our family. We loved every minute of it, truly. Yes, the airport is a mess when leaving on Saturday, absolutely. Make sure you pack sandwiches to take with you. You will leave the resort 3 hours before the flight and airlines don’t restock the planes in Providenciales so whatever snacks/sandwiches are left to purchase from the previous flight is all there is.

One last thought: We booked our trip through Mike McHugh at Dream Makers Vacation Services. I read many glowing reviews of his services so I decided to give him a call. I’m really glad I did. There is no extra cost to you for working with him and, he was able to tell us about discounts that we did not know existed. Like 10% off for Military Active Duty or Retirees. I did not see this discount mentioned anywhere on the Beaches website and honestly, without it, we would have stayed in a cheaper room and the trip wouldn’t have been the same. Also, Ryan the Butler’s manager stopped in to see us several times during our trip just to check on us because he knew we were Dream Makers guests.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Mrsjeepsnob
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just got home from Beaches Turks and Caicos. LOVED it! We were in Negril last year and the only thing I missed was the Jamaican "vibe". Turks didn't disappoint though. The service was over the top. The food was incredible. We loved the variety. The English Pub was a nice surprise. Sounds a bit crazy, but the soups were fantastic. "Soy" sushi bar was the best, even had Japanese beer! Our kids did a morning of kids camp and enjoyed the tennis lessons and fun at the water park! The shows were amazing too. Oh, did I mention cafe de Paris! All day cafe au lait and pasteries if you wanted! Staff so accommodating and the fresh towels several times a day and "turn down " service was a nice touch. Felt important even if were weren't in the most expensive suite with butler service but I am sure that is nice too. We have already booked for next year and can't wait! The beach and Turquoise water was something out of this world! Thanks Beaches!

Room Tip: Carribean village very quiet and cosy but felt spacious! 3rd floor nice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family