“BEACHES AT TCI PERFECT!!”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Our family had a perfect vacation at beaches. Turks & Caicos is a beautiful island> The beach is long, so beautiful walks are a must. The water is clear turquoise -absolutely gorgeous. the beaches resort is really really nice. the architecture of the french and italian villages are amazing. we stayed at the carribean village.Less expensive) the rooms were really nice and very roomy. we liked the italian village pool area better than ours, but the way the resort is set up you can easily walk to each village and enjoy the restaurants and pools of the other villages. the camps for the children were great. the counselors were friendly, loving and enthusiastic. we had 2, 7 year old girls with us and the loved camp!! our 2 boys (15 and 18) got certified for SCUBA & said the instructors qualified and fun. all the food was great, the sushi restaurant & sapodillas were absolutely delicious. we highly recommend beaches!!!

Room Tip: stay at the carribean village, less $ than the italian and french.
5  Thank Linda P
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of Beaches Turks & Caicos. We're so delighted to read that you and your family had such an amazing stay with us. We strive to offer wonderful and memorable experiences for families and exciting activities for guests of all ages. I'm so happy that we were able to accomplish that goal during your time spent with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another perfect experience.

Cassie C.

There are newer reviews for Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa

Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were amazed by the genuinely friendly service, excellent meal options, trustworthy childcare, and myriad activities offered by Beaches Turks & Caicos. It is definitely a spendy vacation option, but worth the money in our opinion. Being there with a young child felt very normal and the staff were all very patient with her. A few practical tips if you are planning a trip:

1. If you are travelling with a toddler or infant and do not want to haul a child safety seat through the airport, Beaches will provide a seat for the transfer to and from Providenciales airport (about 10 minutes by van). Just call in advance and let them know that you will need a seat.

2. If you want to golf while at Beaches, it is less expensive to just call the Provo Golf Club directly and book a tee time than to use the Island Routes tour. The golf club can rent you clubs and it is about 10 minutes by cab from Beaches.

3. Consider taking walkie-talkies if you are travelling with another family as cell phone service through the major US carriers is very expensive in Turks and Caicos. Before you leave, be sure to switch your phone's data roaming feature off to avoid massive charges.

4. Some families bring pre-printed laminated sheets and fake flowers to reserve seats by the pool. If this is your gig, go for it.

5. Make sure to book a reservation with Kimonos, the teppanyaki grill, as soon as you get to Beaches as these fill up rapidly.

6. The best beer (IMHO) is at Cricketer's pub, where they serve Guinness, Harp, and Newcastle in the bottle.

Room Tip: Italian village is the newest and also the busiest. French village is more removed and a bit quieter...
5  Thank fluidkarma
Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you stay at the Italian - your trip will be perfect, caribbean would be the 2nd fave and French the least because of the location (further from the beach) and also the rooms being pretty basic. The hotel itself is amazing with things and areas for anyone of any age. You can relax on wicker couches facing the ocean or you can go on the lazy river. You can enjoy the beach or many of the pools. You can eat by the beach or in the middle of the resort. You can take advantage of the free waters sports. Truly something for everyone. Favourite food spots: "Impressions: for breakfast - nice and warm food, plenty choices and the best waiters at the resort right here, Barefoot by the seas for the simple but good choices and experience of dining in the sand without feeling dirty lol, Arizona's for lunch or dinner - amazing food. Schooners for the ambiance and seafood choices - very cape cod'ish and my favourite - Japanese a la carte. Least favorite - Mario's for cold food and poor service. Something needs to be done there to improve.They have a fantasic pizza place in the middle of the resort and diner for late night grub. Your head spins of all the choices. Best kids program i have ever seen with good ratio of staff to kids and creative activies from 10 am till 11pm. Big kudos to the staff there as they have a great system. The Sesame Street characters are a treat especially for the parade and the nightly shows on the stage - amazing! The beach is top notch with plenty of loungers and shades. This is the ultimate resort for families. I have never seen a hotel that offers different types of milk in dispensers in most of the restaurants for the kids. You dont need to bring anything from home as they have it all here! Big Kudos for keeping the property clean and making sure everyone has a smile on their face!

Room Tip: If you can splurge go to the Italian section.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ktza
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am not the type person to write bad about business and people but from my experience for future travel, please be careful before you choose this resort.
My family usually go to Caribbean every year, and we choose difference country. this is big mistake we choose this resort. As you go on Beaches.com, you always pay more than any resort in the Caribbean. and we pay more big money to compare with any resort we have been
but we are disappoited and will not go back to this resort any more.
1 About the beach, housekeeping service of this resort is good.
but beside that every thing is wrong advertise:
restaurant: there are 16 restaurant but they did not open as you expected. I have to carry the list of the restaurant with you what the name will be open in the morning, lunch and dinner. They usually open 5-6 restaurant mostly buffet (but we pay for the 16 restaurant)
For Dinning restaurant is waiting for food, it will take you long time unless you go to eat buffet
and dinner time for the restaurant a la carte you wait for food at least one hour.
2 We pay more money to get walking (Italy Village, Piazza Pool Front Walkout Family Suite with Separate Kids Room) we can not use the pool for first 2 days reason the photo commercial? they just lock the swimming pool.
In room separate kids room it is not a room , this is just the slide door in the big room
no room service if you would like to request food to bring to your room.
the food are very bad, you have to be careful , very easy to get sick with the old food.
the last night, we book a dinner at Sapodilla's restaurant (I forgot to mention that their lobster is only the tail) We came around 8PM (because they only allowed 18 year up) we have to arrange to eat with my son dinner at 6 PM difference restaurant and come to eat at Sapodila's and we did promise my son come back by 9.3 PM enjoy the last night holiday.
this is one terrible restaurant and service I never see. We have to wait 1/2 hour to go to the table. Our waiters name is Steve .we ordered lobster and they said that it took long time to cook we request 4 order (only 4 tails) When Steve brought he appetizers for us, he said that only 2 lobster left, we said fine and we wait and wait and wait (all restaurant only 3 tables) until 9.15 pm< I went directly to the front guy name Omar and Steve said that he did not see our table but there are only 3 table they service and we are not hide and seek in the restaurant, another table come up with upset too because Steve brought wrong food to them. It just the mess, I am so hungry and mad, and Steve blamed us that he can not see us, and he was swearing to us. He is the one to bring drink and appetizers to us. at that time I am so mad , I request to see the manager. His name is Steven , he can not resolve any thing beside asking and asking.
finally I met \mr Thompson Michael, he is head manager at night, he arrange to make my dinner and bring to my room (can you believe or not , I came back my son is sleep on the sofa waiting for us) and my dinner at 11.30pm. this is night mare for us. and we will not go back to this resort any more
As you pay double money but service is very bad and food is not fresh

Room Tip: only good is snorkerring
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
25  Thank hamtu

We're so sorry to read that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We strive to uphold the highest standard of service and quality but it seems we may have not met this goal during your stay. Please accept my apologies.

As you already know, we have contacted you to discuss your stay further and see how we can make things right. We hope that you will give us the chance to redeem ourselves. It is top priority to ensure that our guests feel that they are heard and appreciated. Therefore, we thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a stay that exceeds your expectations in the future.

Cassie C.

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Resort was very clean. Some staff were very friendly and some were not. Avoid the spa at all cost! Very unorganized and not worth the money! Food was ok overall. Very family friendly resort. Airport is terrible when you depart!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am in the travel industry and have been to many hotels all over the world, including many Sandals and 2 other Beaches, and Beaches Turks and Caicos is by far my favourite hotel to bring my 17 month old son to (even without kids, it's pretty amazing if you don't mind that there are lots of kids there!) I liked it better than any Sandals I have been to.
My room was nothing special, but I always choose the most basic room, and it is not important to me at all. There are much better rooms, but you have to pay more, and it's not worth it to me, There are so many wonderful things about this resort that I don't care if the room is not the nicest I have been in. The amenities in the room are decent, even in the most basic one, you get a full bottle of good quality shampoo, conditioner, body wash, lotion and hand sanitizer.
The restaurants and food are very good, especially if you know where to go. The selection is fantastic. Our favourites BY FAR were the two adults only restaurants, |Sapodillas and Le Petit Chateau, Try the sea bass, lobster, seafood curry, or steak at Sapodillas, and the scallop and pasta appetizers, and steak at le Petit Chateau. The service is AMAZING at Spodillas. O.D., Steve and Omar are among the friendliest staff I've met anywhere, We didn't love the buffets or Bobby Dees, but I'm sure that kids would LOVE them, and there was some premium stuff at the buffets (shrimp,smoked salmon, fancy cheeses,berries).
All the staff on the Caribbean side were AMAZING-Damary,Mayelin, Kimberley,Jenny, Ramil, Alexanda, Renee, Cara, Bismania, and anyone else whose name I didn't mention...sorry. We went all over the resort to eat and drink but the Caribbean staff were exceptional to us! I have never gotten such friendly service anywhere, and they don't even work for tips. I honestly don't know how Beaches manages to find such competent staff. They work long days (12 hours) but are always smiling!
For Breakfast, everywhere was the same with the exception of Schooners and Barefoot which were eat off the menu, but I disovered that Giuseppes was the only place with fresh crepes and fresh strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries-yum! The omelette stations were good everywhere, nd the coffee at Cafe de Paris was good.
For lunch, we liked Bella de Napoli Pizza (although it often took 40 minutes to 1 hour and ten minutes to get a pizza and the service wasn't as friendly as elsewhere), and the fajita station outside at Arizonas.
We LOVED Camp Sesame. We took our son there at 6 months, and again at 17 months and both times we were very impressed. They have great, experienced staff and a nicer facility than our daycare in Canada. They got my son napping, both t 6 months and 17 months, and it's something I've always struggled with. They took my son swimming in their private pool every morning, on a train ride around the resort, to activities with the Sesame Street characters, and for dinner at night. The manger even gave us a few diapers when we ran out and the resort shop was closed:) Bring LOTS of diapers-you will go through a lot changing in and out of swim diapers. I brought 10 per day, and somehow ran out. on my last day.
The scuba team was great and it's a huge bonus that it's included. It feels very safe to dive with them, and Roddy (Alexander), DK, and Oats were all funny and friendly. One huge negative for us was that we forgot our PADI cards and they charged us each $20 to look up the information. This was very disappointing and huge drawback at a resort that includes so much. Last year, they did it for us for free (yes, I do need to remember to order new card). I understand that it must be frustrating when people don't come prepared and they have to do extra work but, but $20 seems steep.
The sesame street shows were great, and the parade was phenomenal, but if you don't have kids the right age, it might seem annoying that everything is so centered on Sesame Street. My son loved it and I honestly liked the parade too:)
My son (and my husband and I !) loved the waterslide park. There's stuff for all ages and no lines!!!!!! Every other waterpark I have been to has huge lines, so this is an amazing bonus.
The drinks are top quality (unless you love top quality wines and liquers, but I found the selection amazing). Even premium drinks like martinis, grand marnier, and baileys are included. I LOVE the dirty bananas, mudslide, and coconut coolers.
The pools are beautiful and plentiful and the beach is beautiful, long, and walkable. There are hammocks, and couches everywhere to relax in, and we never had trouble finding lounge chair at the beach or pools.
I LOVE beaches turks and caicos and recommend it to everyone I meet. Disneyworld isn't the happiest place on earth, Beaches is!

1  Thank CanadaFuntravel
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great place, huge so you never get bored.
Food was amazing, too much to eat
Entertainment shows were average, more geared towards tots.
- The day care needs special props. They took care of our baby like a queen.

Room Tip: Stay in the Caribbean part of the resort! Italian village is crowded Get Riccardo as your photog...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family