I just returned after a full week at this resort. Hurricane Sandy started during our visit, which led to three days' worth of rain during our trip. Despite that, we still had a great time because Beaches is such an amazing place!
This was our first vacation as a family, with our ten-month-old daugher. I agonized about taking her out of the country at such a young age and debated going anywhere at all. Because of the excellent reviews on this site and because of the great time my husband and I had at Sandals Grande St. Lucia on our honeymoon three years ago, I decided Beaches Turks and Caicos was the place to go. I am so glad we went! The trip was flawless.
First, let me thank Mike McHugh at Dream Makers Vacation Services. I found him through other TripAdvisor reviews, which all said he was wonderful to work with and very responsive. I definitely found that to be the case. As a worried mother, I e-mailed him quite frequently with innumerable questions and his responses were quick and informative. He managed to get us $250 off our trip due to a promotion I never would have found myself. Also, I have no doubt he was the reason we were upgraded from the most basic room in the Carribean Village to a conceirge suite in Italian Village! Definitely touch base with him if you plan to go to here. Thanks again, Mike!
Next, I'll describe the villages because it is hard to decide where to stay based on the website. There are three villages in this resort and a number of room categories. I won't even begin to describe the room categories - that was part of the reason I contacted Mike, who did a great job breaking them all down for me. The villages are pretty easy to differentiate. Carribean is the oldest. It reminded me of old Florida hotels. Bright pink and bright blue buildings - you get the idea. Although Beaches has taken great care of it, this village just looks and feels old. I think there are two large pools in this area. It is about a one minute walk from the furthest room to the beach. Italian is the newest, has the nicest pool, and is about a 30 second walk to the beach. French is the furthest from the beach and no rooms there had ocean views that I could tell. It would be about a five minute walk to the beach. French is closest to the waterpark, however.
Our room was amazing. Marble floors, huge in size, and tons of windows. It had a separate bedroom for our daughter, a refrigerator stocked with drinks (re-stocked each day), a microwave, a fully stocked bar, coffee maker, and hair dryer. Our daughter's bedroom was separated by a sliding door, which enabled us to watch TV after she went to bed. The room also had a small patio with an ocean view. If we can ever afford to return to this resort, we will definitely stay in Italian Village. The room was so nice and the ocean view priceless!
Most important to me, however, was the child care. I was a nervous wreck about leaving our daughter with anyone, as my husband and I wanted just a few meals to ourselves. I knew I had made the right decision in coming to this resort the moment I stepped in the young infant room. A caregiver was playing with a child on the floor, jar of cleaning wipes in hand. As soon as he put a toy down, she cleaned it!! I am a germaphobe, so I completely appreciated this! Additionally, they gave me a cell in case something happened. They did call once when our daughter had trouble settling down after waking from a nap. I raced over there to find her asleep in the caregiver's arms in the rocking chair.
The food was good and there is a huge selection. The best meal we had was at Sopadilla's - the lobster was amazing! It is an adults-only restaurant that doesn't take reservations. It is very small, so get there early. We got there right when they opened and there was already a line! Cricketer's has great Salmon and fish and chips.
You do have to hunt for brand-name alcohol, though. Some bars would have Stoli, some would not. All usually had Tanqueray. All the rum I saw was rack.
Everything was immaculate - the grounds, our room, any common areas. All staff were pleasant. The board games came in handy during the rain. Snorkeling and kayaking were great, too.
Overall, this is an excellent resort we would definitely recommend to anyone with kids. I hope we can afford to go back one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario's Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Unique Vacations Inc so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales