Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #12 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I went here with my cousin and grandmother two years ago and I could not have loved it more! We where 13 at the time and were so excited for the teen club! The pools, the beach, the bars, the club, and the staff were great! We made lots of new friends and hung out with them the whole trip! Our curfew was 3A.M. so we could go club and hang out after! Since this resort was all inclusive, we could take girls out to dinner after the club and go get drinks at the 10+ bars around the resort. My cousin and I made it a goal to go around to every bar and get a virgin margarita! Boy where we on a sugar high. The staff was always nice and enjoyed socializing with us and getting everyone involved. The pools where awesome! THe last night we went to a pool we never knew existed the place was so big. The thing is, it isn't huge but its big. There are separate 'villages' that have there own theme, pool, and bars. I would recommend the Italian village because it is newer. I remember we were at a beach cabana and the lovely security staff was walking around making sure we where okay! Then they where looking for someones child that exceeded her curfew! The X-Box lounge was great too! So many games, you never had to wait. The restaurants where great! It was a ritual that we would go to the 24 hour restaurant to get caesar salads after the club! The club at a cool vibe in there. It wasn't packed or empty, it was just right. All I can say was positives! This beats club med by a long shot! Go here! Your kids can be independent under the safety of the caring staff and you parents can relax! My grandmother made lots of friends while us kids hung out! Great experience and would do it again in a heart beat!

Room Tip: Stay in the Italian Village!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank AlexC8514
Write a ReviewReviews (10,960)

Reviewed June 15, 2012

We were invited to our friends wedding in T&C at beaches June 2-5 2012. As the doors closed the bride called me to say that they are closing the resort due to an outbreak! I could hear the terror in her voice.. :-( when we got down there were were faced with complete disorganization and confusing.

what should have been a weekend of togetherness, ended with all of the guests being put at different resorts and the bride and groom unable to leave there resort! therefore none of us got to spend time together. they cancelled the bonfire and the rehearsal dinner..

they FAILED ON ALL ACCOUNTS. we were promised voucher and have had no response from BEACHES at all. Id never go to a resort and id never suggest them to friends and family.

the whole thing was a disgusting NIGHTMARE!!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
19  Thank NYCLV18
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My husband and I arrived on Turks and Caicos on Saturday, June 2nd to participate in the wedding of a dear friend on June 4, 2012. In fact, my husband was giving away the bride. Upon arrival at the airport in Turks and Caicos, we were met by a Sandals (Beaches) employee who told us that we were being moved to another resort because of a virus outbreak at Beaches. It was a chaotic situation. We understand that the circumstances that Sandals/ Beaches was facing that day was partially out of their control; however, we found out that earlier in the week there were several cases of the virus at their property. It would have been great to know the situation earlier in the week. No effort was made to communicate the situation to either our travel agent or us so that we would be prepared for the possibility of us being moved. A bigger problem awaited us though. Instead of the entire wedding party(60-65 people) being accommodated at the same resort, we were told by the Sandals/ Beaches team "that keeping us together was not our priority." The wedding group had traveled from all over the US and Canada and all of us ended up at different hotels on the island. The reason that a destination wedding was selected was so that we could all be together and this did not happen.

There were 60-65 people arriving for this wedding and there was no plan or effort to keep this group together. This was not an ordinary vacation but a once in a lifetime event and the bride choose a destination wedding so friends and family from across the US and Canada could all be together. This did not happen. We were spread out at 5-6 properties across the island with no way to communicate with or to support the bride and groom. There was no other way to really communicate with everyone other than Facebook. We tried to speak with Beaches management on multiple occassions all to no avail.

On top of being separated we also did not receive an all inclusive package at the resorts we were moved to. We had selected an all inclusive hotel for a reason....we wanted all food, beverages and activities to be included. We spent thousands of dollars to purchase an all inclusive holiday. Sandals/ Beaches did not provide this when we were moved to another resort. We were told that we would be given $100 per person/ per night for a maximum of two nights. Anything longer than that - we would be "on our own and responsible for." Most of us arrived with reservations for 3-5 nights. When asked if additional activities would be covered, we were told that Beaches would not cover any water sports/activities, etc. How is that equitable to the money that we paid for an all-inclusive?

This is an example of a total breakdown of communication and service. Our group had looked forward to our visit to Beaches for many months. Instead of a once in a lifetime experience we
ended up separated from our friends and family. The bride was a nervous wreck and we all spent hours trying to gather the group together instead of relaxing. I would never recommend Beaches/ Sandals for anyone traveling to the Caribbean. The management team did absolutely nothing to help our situation. Our friend's wedding celebration was ruined and it could have all been handled much differently with a little compassion and understanding from the Beaches/ Sandals team. Perhaps the company should put a little more money into training programs for their staff versus advertising on all the TV stations in the US and Canada?

Finally, here we are nearly two weeks later and not a word from either the booking travel agent (Go Travel, Virginia Beach, VA), nor from Beaches on how we would be refunded. Still no communication. They truly do not value their customers! We would never go back to another Sandals/Beaches resort if this is how their customers are treated.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
30  Thank Starla P
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We traveled on our first trip to Beaches and loved it. The resort was true to the pictures, the staff was very friendly. I feel the room was appropriately priced. Just remember, the island is powered off diesel engines,and pretty much import everything. Gas there was 6.50 a gallon! I also now realize we were super lucky to not be impacted by the apparent Noro virus outbreak or whatever was going around around the time we stayed. We were there 5/25-5/30. We were in the 1 bedroom suite in parrot cay, and although a little older than the Italian village, the room was huge and the general area quiet but very centrally located. The room even had a stocked bar refilled daily which was nice. The room and the resort overall was Very clean. I really feel bad for the folks that got a stomach flu, but we sampled nearly every restaurant, I sent my 5 yr ld to the kids camp a few times, no worries on cleanliness or attentiveness at all.

The beach is gorgeous and well maintained, with some great sand and crystal blue water, there is great snorkeling right off the beach. We hung out in the Italian village pool the most for pools and was just gorgeous. The food is really great, love the breakfast sandwich at schooners, Kimonos, barefoot by the sea conch fritters and Bella Napoli's pizzas too. Arizona's lunch jerk pork was amazing! If you are an early beach goer like my Swedish ancestry crew, grab a few towels from the pool the night before, they dont put them out tol 9 am ish. If you do the candlelight dinner, wear bug spray on your ankles, the food is from sapodilla's and wonderful. Check out the coral gardens about 1/4 mile west of the beaches beach, amazing fish there and all nicely roped and protected from boaters. Spa was awesome, and the gym there great too. Kids club counselors were very attentive, and I was concerned because my son doesn't swim yet. If your kid plays xbox pack a few games rather than borrow, most were scratched and didnt play right. Do not underestimate the sun here, pack the 50plus spf min for the kids. (hubby liked some kind of weak organic stuff that i ditched for solid water babies high spf. Sesame characters are very cute. Pack a few cliff bars/snacks to get through the airport if you are on the afternoon flights coming home. TCI is still a minor airport, and security takes quite awhile to get through. The few cliff z bars I had really helped the family as the food options from TCI airport til post customs re entry in CLT were few and far between.

That being said, remember all inclusive is a lot of food options, and a lot of drinking options, could you probably do TCI less expensively, especially if you arent a big eater or drinker sure, but for all the other nice things with kids club, sesame stuff and all the included activities and really great beach on top of the beautiful location and friendly staff, we'd come back.

Room Tip: Parrot Cay Villas are wonderfully located, right next to italian village, very close to beach, but v...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank KarenMcD2002
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I arrived on June 1,2012, the last day before the resort was closed to incoming guest for the infamous stomach virus. It was my second time to this property and it was a beautiful as I remembered. There are many reviews of this resort, and the beauty of Grace Bay is really undisputed. I will also preface the remaining review by saying nobody in my party of five or a friends party of five ever became I'll.

I would like this review to explain what happened during this unprecedented of shutdown of a mega resort due to a GI virus. On June 2, a decision was made to stop allowing new guest into resort. I am not sure who made that decision, but it seems the Ministry of Health was involved. I cannot imagine trying to deal with the chaos that created, and it does appear that there was an initial scramble on the part of Beaches and that the plan was evolving over the next 24-48 hours. That did not directly affect me, other than to make resort less crowded which ended up being a positive for my family.

On Monday June 3, there was a meeting for remaining guest explaining what had happened as far as not allowing new guest in until June 9. It was also explained to us that they had made arrangements for anyone who arrived on June 2 to return home or go to another resort (payed for by Beaches) with $100 dollars /day/person in the group they were traveling with depending on personal preference of the individual. In addition those people would be given vouchers to return to Beaches for as many days as there vacation was scheduled.

In this same meeting we were told that on Weds 6/6 that any remaining guest would be asked to leave the resort do that they could do a thorough disinfection of the resort. Again, i believe the Ministry of Health was involved in that decision. We were given a similar offer. Stay on the island for remainder of vacation at another resort with a comparable room and $100/day/person for food or they would take care of changing flight so that you could return home early without a penalty. In addition, no matter what percentage of your trip you had already stayed, they would give a travel voucher to return for the number of days you initially booked. We were transferred to the Alexandra resort. We were given a spacious two bedroom condo. To be honest much bigger than room at beaches, and oceanfront. We were in a piazzo pool front with separate kids room. New room not furnished quite as nice, but hard to complain.

I really feel as though they did everything reasonably possible to take care of their guest in a way above and beyond what most of what us were expecting. I feel the free week was most gracious for something that was not there fault.

The one criticism I have was the slow release of information to the guest. It appears the decision to close on weds, was probably made on Saturday from some employee leaks of information, but when I asked someone in charge on Sunday they denied any such rumor.

Overall, I feel like they made the best of a very unfortunate situation, and will continue to vacation with Beaches for years after I use my free week.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Stacy419
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed here in Oct 2011....what a wonderful hotel....on the best beach on the island....pure white sand with blue turquoise waters....Staff are out of this world...great service....restaurant choices are incredible....pay extra and upgrade to the Italian village...well worth it.

Plenty of things to do at this resort, especially if you have children. Would book this hotel again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rukshi
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Like many folks, we were scheduled to stay at Beaches the week of the virus outbreak. We arrived the day the resort closed and, like everyone else, were given the following promises from Beaches:

1- They would relocate us to another high quality resort. At first, they wanted us to stay at a lower end resort (The Alexandria or the Windsong). We held out and convinced them to put us at the Regent Palme, which was very nice -- but not nearly the amenities of Beaches. They did give us a decent allowance for food and drink each day but refused to pay for any of the amenities of activities we would have found at Beaches.

2- They said they would allow us to come back to Beaches in the future. 2 vacations for the price of one, they said! THIS WAS A LIE!! Ok, that may be a bit strong. It was a con game. We were first informed that we would have to pay our airfare again. Considering we were a family of 10 people, this is about $8-grand. Even if you think that was somewhat reasonable, what they did next was abhorrent!

We called to rebook our vacation and were told that we would have to pay almost $4000 more because rates had gone up. The expensive Presidential Suite room we had booked is full the week when we can go and they want to downgrade us to a smile 2-bedroom suite and will not give us any more back or credit for the lesser room. The whole thing feels like a con to get us to pay more, more, more for the exact same vacation we already booked. They expect us to shell out $12,000 to get our "free vacation." ABSURD!!

Beaches is dishonest and trying to cheat the very people they already inconvenienced. Horrible! I will do everything in my power to make sure NO ONE EVER GOES TO THIS RESORT AGAIN!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family