We vacationed at Beaches from Feb. 11-18th (9 of us total.. Me, my husband, 2 kids 9 yr.son, 7 yr daughter/My sister and her two boys 12 and 14...and my Mom and Dad) All compliments of POP POP) Thanks POP POP! We stayed in the Carribean village rm 305. After seeing the photos of the child with hand, foot and mouth I ironically thought we stayed in their room because the picture before the Hand foot and mouth baby was a picture of our room and it was not posted by me!! HOW IRONIC but then i realized it was a different family in rm 305. My daughter did come down with a temp. of 103.2. The resort has a nurse station and a doctor on call for $100.00 to see him. You can resubmit your claim back to insurance but it is $100.00 just to see him. With a temp. that high, I opted to see him and only left with a dixie cup full of Ibuprofen and a wait and see approach. Fortunately, my daughter rebounded quickly so Friday, our last full day was not a total bust. In fact..it was our BEST day there! Great weather! Sat. as we were leaving, my 9 year old son developed a high fever and then I did on Sunday. Who knew a 42 year old could get hand,foot and mouth?? It was very painful and my son and I are still dealing with the blisters. With all that being said, I don't blame this resort for what happened. You can get Hand Foot and mouth ANYWHERE there are non-potty trained children. I felt the resort was very clean. It happens!! Did it stink...? YES, but it doesn't taint my view of this resort at all. I thought it was very clean and well maincured. The first day we were there the weather was not so great so we all gathered at the Italian Village pool where it was heated. My daughter loves the water so she was in all day! I believe this is the scene of the crime..the water did appear murky in the circle part where hot tub is and thats where she played mostly that day there were a TON of kids in there! No doubt it was here she contracted it. The pools all looked very clean with the exception of that one day. We were on the beautiful beach the rest of the week(If you have young kids bring a bucket and shovel! It's worth it!). My daughter got her hair braided, it's $48.00 for half a head and $98. for full head.I opted to get 6 braids for $3.00 a braid. It was practically her entire half of her head. Do the math! If you are staying in a Turquise Deluxe room in Carribean Village, TRY to get a room on the EAST wing. It's more central to everything and the West Wing backs up to sanitation area. It's removed from everything and while your patio faces the beach area, your door is facing sanitation area so you have to walk back there and it can be stinky and buggy. You can hear the humming at night too. We requested East wing fartherest from Sanitation (which we learned from a previous review)and wouldn't you know it...we got the rooms right across from the sanitation area. We asked to be moved and they agreed to move us to rms 304 and 305 the next day.My parents were on West wing but they had a great location and room so they stayed put. It was closer to Reflections/Lobby so they weren't near sanitation. Beaches was absolutely accomadating! 305 not only had views of the ocean but was very central to everything!!! FYI...Turquise deluxe rooms were perfectly fine! Clean,great trundle beds for my kids and nice balcony. Unless you require the butler service, these rooms are perfectly fine. AC we controlled, smelled fine. blankets were limited though.They give you one thin one and no comforter so you may want to ask for a few more. Oh, and toilets back up alot! Limit your tiolet paper to avoid this. The food is great! Loved Schooners, it had a true Carribean vibe. As for best food, Sapodillas hands down. I never had a bad meal anywhere. The scrambled eggs were a little suspect (like egg beaters or a pre-mix) but you could go to egg station and have fresh eggs to your liking. I was just being lazy. The filitered water is awful, I will say. We are spoiled here in the states. I am a huge water drinker so this was hard..I just replaced it with Rum and all was fine. Actually, you can get as much bottled water as you want. They also sell bottles of Gatorade in Gift shop for $3.00. Keep you kids hydrated..they forget to drink when having so much fun! There is a market on Tuesdays outside the Carribean Village lobby with little trinket things..just know...THEY DO NOT BARTER! There is a little outdoor market outside a gate by Gordons pizza if you want to go another day. If you need cash...bring it with you. There is NO ATM at all on the property. I found myself borrowing money from my Dad again...just like the good ole days. The closest ATM is a 15 minute walk outside the property. The Friday night beach party was a lot of fun. Games for kids and adults. Of course my non drinking sister won all the rum! I however managed to win "most embarrassing mom" to my kids award for dancing on stage to Beyonce's "shoulda putta ring on it. They put on a great show. We didn't eat there but it's all BBQ type food instead we went to Barefoot and it was quiet because everyone was at the beach party. We did have a wait for some restaurants. Sapadillas was a 50 minute wait (they send you to Turtles lounge for a drink while you wait). We also waited about 45 mins for Schooners and maybe 15 mins for the sushi. The sushi was good for a resort by the way! Kimmonos was a lot of fun. They put on a fun show for the kids. Bobby Dee's was a big hit. My nephew is currently in Vanilla ice cream detox! Pray for him! XBox 360 was a great time killer in the evening with the kids. Something for everyone! The water park was fun but it was small. We did lazy river a few times and the waterslides. They were fun but it is limited. We were going to do Kitty Kat snorkle but decided to save our pennies because there are free snorkle trips provided by the resort. A boat goes out 3 times a day to different reefs so if you went to one reef, take a different time and visit another. As for chairs, my sister did save chairs every morning on the beach (which we used..we didn't let towels sit there) but, I saw plenty of chairs that were available regardless. We were on the carribean beach which is narrower that Italian Village beach. Overall, I couldn't complain about anything!! Yes, some employees are happier than others, we all have bad days, but we mostly encountered awesome workers! The food was no way equivalent to an Applebees as other reviews state, it was really good!! Bug bites, yes.., lots of sunscreen..yes, bring rash guards for your kids!!! if you have long and short sleeve, bring them both! Gym was nice..plenty of treadmills. Everybody is different so we take these reviews Iightly but I found some to be very helpful. I hope I've given a few good tips to you. We would definitely tell people to try Beaches and if we can ever afford to go back, we will! Most importantly, Thanks for the wonderful memories Mom and Dad...we will cherish them FOREVER!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario's Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales