“Wonderful Trip..despite getting Hand,foot and mouth also!”

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
Ranked #13 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
philly,pa
“Wonderful Trip..despite getting Hand,foot and mouth also!”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We vacationed at Beaches from Feb. 11-18th (9 of us total.. Me, my husband, 2 kids 9 yr.son, 7 yr daughter/My sister and her two boys 12 and 14...and my Mom and Dad) All compliments of POP POP) Thanks POP POP! We stayed in the Carribean village rm 305. After seeing the photos of the child with hand, foot and mouth I ironically thought we stayed in their room because the picture before the Hand foot and mouth baby was a picture of our room and it was not posted by me!! HOW IRONIC but then i realized it was a different family in rm 305. My daughter did come down with a temp. of 103.2. The resort has a nurse station and a doctor on call for $100.00 to see him. You can resubmit your claim back to insurance but it is $100.00 just to see him. With a temp. that high, I opted to see him and only left with a dixie cup full of Ibuprofen and a wait and see approach. Fortunately, my daughter rebounded quickly so Friday, our last full day was not a total bust. In fact..it was our BEST day there! Great weather! Sat. as we were leaving, my 9 year old son developed a high fever and then I did on Sunday. Who knew a 42 year old could get hand,foot and mouth?? It was very painful and my son and I are still dealing with the blisters. With all that being said, I don't blame this resort for what happened. You can get Hand Foot and mouth ANYWHERE there are non-potty trained children. I felt the resort was very clean. It happens!! Did it stink...? YES, but it doesn't taint my view of this resort at all. I thought it was very clean and well maincured. The first day we were there the weather was not so great so we all gathered at the Italian Village pool where it was heated. My daughter loves the water so she was in all day! I believe this is the scene of the crime..the water did appear murky in the circle part where hot tub is and thats where she played mostly that day there were a TON of kids in there! No doubt it was here she contracted it. The pools all looked very clean with the exception of that one day. We were on the beautiful beach the rest of the week(If you have young kids bring a bucket and shovel! It's worth it!). My daughter got her hair braided, it's $48.00 for half a head and $98. for full head.I opted to get 6 braids for $3.00 a braid. It was practically her entire half of her head. Do the math! If you are staying in a Turquise Deluxe room in Carribean Village, TRY to get a room on the EAST wing. It's more central to everything and the West Wing backs up to sanitation area. It's removed from everything and while your patio faces the beach area, your door is facing sanitation area so you have to walk back there and it can be stinky and buggy. You can hear the humming at night too. We requested East wing fartherest from Sanitation (which we learned from a previous review)and wouldn't you know it...we got the rooms right across from the sanitation area. We asked to be moved and they agreed to move us to rms 304 and 305 the next day.My parents were on West wing but they had a great location and room so they stayed put. It was closer to Reflections/Lobby so they weren't near sanitation. Beaches was absolutely accomadating! 305 not only had views of the ocean but was very central to everything!!! FYI...Turquise deluxe rooms were perfectly fine! Clean,great trundle beds for my kids and nice balcony. Unless you require the butler service, these rooms are perfectly fine. AC we controlled, smelled fine. blankets were limited though.They give you one thin one and no comforter so you may want to ask for a few more. Oh, and toilets back up alot! Limit your tiolet paper to avoid this. The food is great! Loved Schooners, it had a true Carribean vibe. As for best food, Sapodillas hands down. I never had a bad meal anywhere. The scrambled eggs were a little suspect (like egg beaters or a pre-mix) but you could go to egg station and have fresh eggs to your liking. I was just being lazy. The filitered water is awful, I will say. We are spoiled here in the states. I am a huge water drinker so this was hard..I just replaced it with Rum and all was fine. Actually, you can get as much bottled water as you want. They also sell bottles of Gatorade in Gift shop for $3.00. Keep you kids hydrated..they forget to drink when having so much fun! There is a market on Tuesdays outside the Carribean Village lobby with little trinket things..just know...THEY DO NOT BARTER! There is a little outdoor market outside a gate by Gordons pizza if you want to go another day. If you need cash...bring it with you. There is NO ATM at all on the property. I found myself borrowing money from my Dad again...just like the good ole days. The closest ATM is a 15 minute walk outside the property. The Friday night beach party was a lot of fun. Games for kids and adults. Of course my non drinking sister won all the rum! I however managed to win "most embarrassing mom" to my kids award for dancing on stage to Beyonce's "shoulda putta ring on it. They put on a great show. We didn't eat there but it's all BBQ type food instead we went to Barefoot and it was quiet because everyone was at the beach party. We did have a wait for some restaurants. Sapadillas was a 50 minute wait (they send you to Turtles lounge for a drink while you wait). We also waited about 45 mins for Schooners and maybe 15 mins for the sushi. The sushi was good for a resort by the way! Kimmonos was a lot of fun. They put on a fun show for the kids. Bobby Dee's was a big hit. My nephew is currently in Vanilla ice cream detox! Pray for him! XBox 360 was a great time killer in the evening with the kids. Something for everyone! The water park was fun but it was small. We did lazy river a few times and the waterslides. They were fun but it is limited. We were going to do Kitty Kat snorkle but decided to save our pennies because there are free snorkle trips provided by the resort. A boat goes out 3 times a day to different reefs so if you went to one reef, take a different time and visit another. As for chairs, my sister did save chairs every morning on the beach (which we used..we didn't let towels sit there) but, I saw plenty of chairs that were available regardless. We were on the carribean beach which is narrower that Italian Village beach. Overall, I couldn't complain about anything!! Yes, some employees are happier than others, we all have bad days, but we mostly encountered awesome workers! The food was no way equivalent to an Applebees as other reviews state, it was really good!! Bug bites, yes.., lots of sunscreen..yes, bring rash guards for your kids!!! if you have long and short sleeve, bring them both! Gym was nice..plenty of treadmills. Everybody is different so we take these reviews Iightly but I found some to be very helpful. I hope I've given a few good tips to you. We would definitely tell people to try Beaches and if we can ever afford to go back, we will! Most importantly, Thanks for the wonderful memories Mom and Dad...we will cherish them FOREVER!!!

Room Tip: If doing Carribean Village choose the East Wing. More central to everything and not near sanitation...
23 Thank bogsbeeba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,858)
  • Indonesian first
New Glasgow, Canada
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I am delayed in writing this but thought I would after reading some of the harsh reviews on here. Wow...not sure where some people stayed. How this resort can vary soo much in it's reivews always amazes me.
My husband and I and our 9 year old and 4 year old travelled here on Nov 30 to Dec 7, 2011. We stayed in the Italian Village in the Kids Suites. So worth it!! Even though we weren't in the room often it was still nice to be able to relax when we were. Rooms were spotless! The cleaning staff did a stellar job at cleaning and were so friendly to us...asking if there was anything else we needed or wanted done.
For me it is worth the extra money to stay in the Italian Village, I mean everything is a walk no matter where you stay since you utilize everything at the resort...or at least we did but the Italian Village just has that little something extra that we loved.
Beach is beautiful! Current was very strong so watch your little ones here. My guy wore his life jacket every time we were at the beach.
Sesame Day Care was great for my little guy. He went there 4 of the 7 afternoons we were there. We let him decide if he wanted to go and he would ask if he could go each day. If he didn't ask...we didn't send him. I loved that I got a Cell Phone to use when he was there and though they discourage you calling them unless it is an emergency...I did anyway just to check on him! :)
My 9 year old daughter though wanted nothing to do with her kids program. Honestly, it didn't seem that many kids her age were. She had more fun at the pool or beach making friends with other kids. We checked out the schedule daily for her's but it wasn't anything that great. That was fine....she had more fun doing her thing.
I can't say a bad thing about any of the restaurants. Fish never lives up to our expectations but we are from the East Coast and my husband comes from a family of Fishermen so that is to be expected but he loves to still sample it anyway.
The Beach Party was not very good as far as the food goes. We left early and went to have a bite to eat elsewhere.
BRING BUG SPRAY! I was the only one in our family that actually got bit but I was chewed alive. They only seemed to bother me and noone else in the family but take the spray just in case.
Staff at this entire resort were all very very nice. The bartenders were all really friendly and new my husband by name at the end of the week. They were all so kind to the kids too, which was nice to see.
All in All...loved loved loved it! I am sure I am forgetting something since it has been awhile but it is a great resort for families or couples without children. You won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Get a Walkout Room in the French Village if you book there since the rooms only have balconettes.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank TerriLee902
san juan capistrano
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My wife spent a lot of time researching a great place to go with the grandkids and their parents. We selected this resort before looking at trip advisor. We were very happy. Enough such that we booked a trip for next year in Feb. The staff overwhelmingly were very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were adequate and fairly well appointed for such a family style resort. There were adequate restaurants considering the tastes of adults and children. The beach is very good with adequate seating. Get there early...before 8AM to reserve a spot. Pools were large and numerous. Enough activities and beach equipment for use. Some things required extra fees, but not as bad as other resorts. Special people that helped us included Sandra at the concierge desk in the Carribean village. Rupert the chef at Schooners Restaurant, and Serena at the Soon Come Back office.
The negative things had to do with the internet charge for mediocre connectivity. Music too loud early in the morning. Adult-only restaurants should have even better food. Replacing worn-out furniture. All in all a very good place. Did not feel "nickel-dimed" to death like other resorts. Could have had a daily activities sheet delivered to the room.

Room Tip: Most activities in the newest section,Italian. Five story towers with best views. Private casitas ol...
4 Thank drishi
Connecticut
Reviewed February 21, 2012

After passing on Beaches Turks & Caicos for a few years during February school vacation week because of the price, we finally decided to take the plunge. Well, we booked next year already! This resort is first class all the way!

Along with my wife and 9 year old son, we stayed in a Grand Luxe Honeymoon Room in the Caribbean Village for 4 nights. Having looked at most of the recent reviews here, I was a bit concerned with the room before we got there. The room was fine. It was clean, spacious enough for the three of us and serviced twice daily. I would have liked to have been in the East Wing, but everything was much closer than I thought. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room with drinks stocked every day.

While we stayed in the Caribbean Village, we spent most of our time at the French Village pool. We spent a day our first day at the Italian Village pool, but it appeared more activities were going on at the French and that pool was less crowded. Obviously, the beach is breathtaking and we enjoyed swimming and snorkeling (which is a short walk down the shore). We found the Caribbean Village side of the beach better than the Italian Village side.

The food was very good. Sapodillas was the best, but we enjoyed all of the places we went to. Arizona's was a popular spot for us at lunch as the jerk chicken and pork was great. Kimonos, Barefoot by the Sea, Schooners - they were all very good. The beach party dinner was very nice as well.

Now the kids club. We have never used a kids club before, but we thought our son was old enough and we wanted to try at least one adult restaurant. The first day, he was there for a couple hours. The next day, he wanted to spend the whole day there, which he did! He loved it, probably because he spent part of his time at the Xbox room and the waterpark! We checked out a phone for the club employees to contact us and we noticed that we were the only parents to do so! The kids club is well done.

To sum, this may have been the best Caribbean vacation I have ever taken, and I've been to a few places in this part of the world. We will be looking forward to next year at Beaches, and next year we'll stay for 5 nights!

6 Thank blackjack72
lLong Island Ny
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I have been to Beaches Turks and Caicos so many times I have lost count. Our recent trip Feb. 4th to 11th was spectular. We collected our free week from Sandal's signature select reward program. I can't believe I reached 70 nights, but time does fly. All of the nights were bought at Turks except 4. I love my family very much and miss them very much. Rose, Pauline and Steele have been there from the beginning 1998 when only the Caribbea Village was there. We have seen them grow grow grow. Things change, but you know you always have family when you go back. The staff is so wonderful. Devie-Ann and all my spa friends are great. The entertainment staff is wonderful Leonardo and Lucy and everyone else are so nice. Sarah and Serina took such great care of us, I can't wait to go back. If you have family to travel with go this is such a great place to celebrate with family. Can't wait to start saving for another free trip I know happen one day.

2 Thank grwh20
Northbrook, Illinois
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We are a Family of 4 typically I have a 13 yr old daughter & a 15 yr old son I work for a major hotel chain so, my Family has grown a custom to the Red Carpet treatment..
We were pleasantly surprised with the personal attention we recieved and I would like to "Thank" the entire staff at the resort you were all Amazing..A Big thank you to the entertainment Staff" (Javier, Mini, Lauren).. They are called the Players and wear green & white soccer uniforms..Their job is to get the Guests involved in activities they were extremely attentative from the time we arrived getting us involved the pool side games then Volleyball everyday starting at 3:30pm..we also participated in one of the night time shows..

On the 2nd day we went on the "Kitty Kat" the tour attivities included snorkling and a private island tour my Family is are a custom to boating and water sports so, I honestly thought it would be boring for us..I couldn't have been more wrong the Players, Captain and Crew again made it a fun experience..the crew was attentive and watched over all the guests while they were under water giving you the thumbs up to make sure your ok..and the afternoon Cruise back to Port was another Great experience..The DJ played Music that appealed to all age groups and all of the Guests had a Good time..

This Team and Resort are "Un Believable"..

We will be returning next year with the rest of our Family..

Room Tip: Let loose your on Vacation and get involved with the activities.. You and your Family will have...
3 Thank bobmsmith
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My husband and I, along with our brother, sister-in-law and two nieces, traveled to Beaches Turks and Caicos from January 22-January 29, 2012. We booked our trip with the most amazing travel agents-Mark and Ann Brown of Island Breeze Travel out of Jackson, Michigan-I would highly recommend them to everyone. They went way above and beyond our expectations. We didn't have to worry about a thing on our vacation and are so glad we used them! Had we not used them we wouldn't have known to make reservations for the Japanese restaurant Kimonos and we wouldn't have known about booking a free family photo shoot. Mark and Ann had this setup for us before we even left for our trip. Any questions we had, Mark and Ann were right there and more than willing to help out. They went above and beyond for us from start to finish and we will definitely be using them now for traveling going forward.
My husband and I do not have children, but we had a great time here! The food was amazing. We never had a bad meal. We stayed in the Caribbean Village and had absolutely no problems at all. The room was beautiful and within steps of the Italian Village and in a good location to everything on the resort. Some of our favorite restaurants were the brick oven pizza place-they had the best bread sticks ever! We also really liked Kimonos and ate at Mario's for lunch. They have pasta station where you can create your own pasta. Yum! We also really enjoyed the Beach Party and had great food there as well. Like I said-not a bad meal the entire trip. You have a lot to choose from so just pick!
We ended up doing the Booze Cruise (Catamaran) where they take you snorkeling and to Iguana Island. This was definitely a must in our opinion. We saw a turtle, nurse sharks and a Black Tip shark while we were snorkeling. STAY BY THE GUIDE! I didn't understand why more people weren't following the guide because he was the one who pointed all of this stuff out to us. Remember he does this everyday and knows what to look for and where to look. It was amazing. We saw more on this snorkel trip then we did from the resort dive class.
A HUGE Shoot out to our favorite bartenders of the trip Andrew and Lex. They are definitely a reason while we will be going back here someday! They are both at the Italian Village Pool bar and Lex also works at the Irish Pub on the resort as well.
I honestly don't have any negatives... I guess if I had to put something it would be the lazy river isn't very lazy... rough life right? LOL big deal. I would definitely recommend this resort for families that are traveling together. It is going to be hard to beat!

Room Tip: Don't listen to the reviews about the Caribbean Village. If you don't care about the room, d...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family