turks & caicos, what can i say? its voted the number one beach destination by conde nast. it's immaculate and has pristine beaches/views/weather. we went to this particular hotel for a friends wedding.
DAY 1: beaches turks & caicos was a nightmare of a trip. we arrived after check in time, at 5pm and the room was not ready. after traveling for the entire day, the room was not ready and we had booked a "honeymoon" suite so we could relax...
we finally get to the room, the room is average, at best. we are in the carribean west wing and upon arrival, we had NO WATER. no basic running water. the sink, the toilet, shower, etc. nothing. all we wanted was a shower upon arriving in the 90 degree weather, we couldn't even wash our hands! thank god i packed hand sanitizer. upon calling the front desk, we were told "sorry, a main pipe busted... nothing we can do".
we figure just change our clothes and just go eat dinner, see all of our friends and have some cocktails. 11pm arrives, we come back to the room. STILL NO WATER. so we decide the only thing to do is to go to the pool or jacuzzi and take a dip. yes, that is my $4000 shower on the first night... dirty pool water.
DAY 2: 8am. WATER! yay! but, toilet clogs immediately. floods the entire bathroom floor and it starts to seep out into the foyer of the room. we call down and tell them. we leave to go get breakfast and lay out, my boyfriend and the boys decide to go snorkeling. the girls laid out in the sun and worked on tans. there are LOTS of children. beware if you are trying to just have some relaxation. kids kept kicking up sand everywhere and another kid took his water gun and started squirting at us (five 27 year old women). annoying...
evening comes, rehersal dinner.... we come back to the room at 4pm. IT IS NOT CLEANED. we had to call again and ask for the room to be cleaned again. we sit out on our balcony for an hour and a half while the room is cleaned. toiled is still clogged and we really did not do anything to cause the clog. they are having sewage/plumbing problems in our entire wing and called the situation "unfortunate". we get ready and go to dinner, visit the on site club and go to bed.
DAY 3: toilet clogs again. floods again, this time worse, starts to seep into the main areas. today is the day of the wedding and we are both in the wedding party. how fun for us? our room was the designated room for the grooms men and groom to get ready in too. we had not screamed or given the front desk a bad attitude the entire time still. we tell them, the room has to be cleaned and the water cleaned because the bridal party is getting ready in our room! they come, clean and i leave my boyfriend to go to the Italian village to get ready with the bride.
wedding is amazing, fantastic, i can not even go into detail of how romantic it was. super HOT though! the only thing was, there was a bus that was going to drive the italian village over to the carribean village but the van driver or wedding coordinator had a miscommunication and the van ended up going to ANOTHER RESORT! lol so the wedding was about 45 min delayed and there was a lot of sweaty guests/bridal party and people!
dinner was fabulous, held in the french village over the pool. dj is terrible, FYI anyone booking weddings, he kept trying to play reggae and reggaeton. which personally, is my favorite, but not at a wedding and ALL night long! with elder/older parents/grand parents and europeans!!!!!!!! lol. so we had to manually go through our ipods and switch each song after song so there was no mixing and it was kind of corny because the the song would just switch because people would scream what song to play next. really disorganized.
this is the icing on the cake. we come back from the wedding around 10pm, about to go to the club to keep the celebration going-----we wanted to change out of our suits, crazy dresses, heels etc. wanted to just throw some shorts and tanks/flipflops. NO ELECTRICITY. surprise! NOTHING. not even emergency lights! phones didnt even work, so of course, i used my camera/ flash to view the entire room so we could change and go scream at the front desk. my boyfriend is very laid back and i am usually the one that flies off the handle. he raised hell at the front desk, 4000 dollars for 4 days of nothing but annoyance, headache and not even basic utilities?!?!?!
i mean, these are BASIC utilities that every hotel should offer! sewage, electricity and water!??!?!?! we are fed up, annoyed and disappointed. we speak to managers, they have every complaint recorded and acknowledged our bad "fortune". they say the power in the west carribean village blew and there was nothing they could do about it. again.... sigh. we leave and go to the club with our friends--good time, corny music, as long as you are with your friends and keep the drinks flowing, you will have fun here.
the burger/hot dog joint across from the nightclub is DELISH btw. we ate there very late too, if i recall correctly, about midnight or so?
DAY 4: 8am, director of management or something calls, apologizes profusely and offers a credit of the total amount of the entire trip back to us at all beaches/sandals property. we are pleased, but honestly, we did not need/want it to come to that! we just wanted to have a good time at our best friends wedding. however, we can't complain because we were happy with this and how they rectified the situation. it was very generous and nice of them.
we leave to go home---with most of the wedding guests. here are the +++++:
FOOD: by far--THEE best food i have EVER had in my life at an all inclusive and we have stayed at 7 different chains and all inclusive around the entire carribean. the food is amazing in general, the pizza place in the beach area is some of the best pizza i have had and i am from the northeast of the US... we have good pizza up north! but man that pizza is to die for. the itialin restaurant in the italian village is very good, not consistent in the sense that there were a few items i had that were "okay". but 95% of that food is delish! i think because it's a buffet, i mean what do you expect? but for a buffet it is tremendous! the little kids buger/hot dog place is sooooooooooo good. try it even if you don't have kids, it looks like a little kids joint (which it is) but you must try it. and the japanese restaurant is SO good.
food: outstanding. rooms: italian village is spectacular. french village rooms are amazing as well. if you stay in the carribean village--beware. because only a few of us stayed in the carribean village, and we were the only ones in the West wing... the others were in the east wing and i swear, because those facilities and buildings are older, you will have a bad stay.
pay the extra money and go italian village or french, you wont regret it. if it wasnt for the horrible room problems i would have given this 5 stars. staff is okay, we've had friendlier staff at other resorts (jamaica)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dive into a one-of-a-kind, unbelievably exciting Beaches all-inclusive Turks & Caicos vacation for the whole family. A 45,000 square-foot waterpark; four magnificent villages, boasting the architecture and ambiance of Italy, France, the Caribbean and Key West; a 12-mile beach lapped by clear turquoise waters; endless fun activities for everyone, from tots to tweens and teens, featuring Sesame Street(R) characters, the new Xbox(R) Play Lounge and a sizzlin' teen disco, Liquid at Beaches-all located on one of the world's best beaches.19 Specialty dining options with everything from Caribbean to Japanese, Italian to French, Seafood to Sushi•7000-sq-ft retail village offering guests" high-end jewelry, fashion, candies, souvenirs•Our very own Pirates Island themed aqua-playground hosting one of the Caribbean"s most comprehensive water parks featuring nine slides, lazy river, surf simulator, water cannons, cranks and spray features•Kids of all ages can enjoy fun and games with Elmo and friends in our Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street(R)•X-BOX(R) Play Lounge with plasma screens and the latest games on the market •Voted Beaches Resorts "World"s Leading Family All-Inclusive" 14 years in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "Turks & Caicos Leading Resort" for the 4th year in a row•Voted Beaches Turks & Caicos "The Caribbean"s Leading Family All- Inclusive" for the 2nd year in a row•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Resorts "Keeping it Green", American Academy of Hospitality Sciences•Six Star Diamond Award- Beaches Turks & Caicos for the Italian Village•Five Star Diamond Award- The Resort, Le Petit Chateau Restaurant and Mario's Restaurant ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaches Turks Caicos Providenciales
- Beaches Turks And Caicos
- Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa Turks And Caicos/Providenciales