We had a wonderful stay at the Alexandra. The resort had everything we needed and more. The location was perfect, The Alexandra is located in the center of Grace Bay. You have plenty of hotels and restaurants close by for dinner and drinks. The room was very comfortable with all the amenities that made our stay perfect. The balcony was huge and had a beautiful view of the ocean, pool and grounds. We had breakfast out there every morning. The kitchen had everything you needed and the washer and dryer where a great plus. The Wi-Fi was not working but the front desk was very accommodating and provided the DSL connection cables at no charge.
Places we enjoyed and recommend; Our best dinner was at the Coco Bistro. The place it self is very pretty and the food and service was excellent. Our second fave was the O'Soleil at the Somerset Hotel. The food was delish and the decor was sharp. The Anacaona at the Grace Bay Club was ok the best thing is the location. You are under the stars and hear the ocean as you dine.
We had a great time right next door at Marin located in the Veranda Resort. The drinks were great and the live music entertaining. The prices t TCI are very similar to dining and drinking in NYC so its not cheap but they don't disappoint either. We enjoyed our last evening at the Bagatelle Bistro & Beach Lounge located in the Gansevoort Hotel. It was a cool lounge and the music was decent its the only nightlife in the Island and its done by 1am very early for us but a little something is better than nothing. We also enjoyed lunch and dinner at Da Conch Shack it was the best ...very tasty. We also had lunch "Somewhere" at the Coral Gardens. If you go snorkeling by the fire reefs, right after the Beaches resort, you can enjoy a great lunch at Somewhere. The staff is friendly , the drinks are good and the food is tasty.
Places to see: We took the Dream tour and highly recommended it.They make three snorkeling stops. The first one we dove for conch. The best one is the 2nd stop where we enjoyed a large reef with magnificent sea life. They also stop at Iguana island and prepare a conch lunch with drinks. The third stop before heading to the hotel was to dive for sand dollars. It leaves around 9am and returns approx 1:30pm.
We enjoyed the reefs at the Coral Gardens. You can walk there from the resort about a 10 to 15 minute walk. We rented a car for our last two days and drove to several spots - very scenic Chalk Sound, The "Hole" which is very scary but amazing to see, Turtle Cove Marina, and Sapodilla Bay.
TCI has the most amazing beaches and The Alexandra is a great place with everything you need.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, The Alexandra offers the dream vacation of a lifetime; spacious accommodations, warm friendly service, and amazing oceanfront dining. Guest can also take our complimentary dining shuttle to our two on-island sister resorts to enjoy their restaurants facilities. The Alexandra provides a delightful Caribbean atmosphere, fantastic ocean views, powder white sand, and activities and amenities including complimentary non motorized water sports, tennis courts, free use of pedal bikes, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alexandra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Resort Providenciales
- Alexandra Hotel Providenciales
- Alexandra Resort Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales