“Excellent family resort”

Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Providenciales
Flowood, Mississippi
“Excellent family resort”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The Alexandra is a nice resort that delivers what I expected for the money. Everything (food, service, accommodations) is just shy of 5 star quality. They have snorkeling equipment, kayaks, SUPs, rafts, all available at no charge. The overall condition of the equipment was average. Any island activities are available through the concierge and you can be picked up right on the beach (snorkeling cruises, parasailing, etc). The condos are well appointed and roomy. You can walk to the beach, pool, restaurants in 2-3 minutes from anywhere on the property. The Grace Bay beach is phenomenal and lives up to its world class reputation. Enjoy!

Room Tip: You can not see the ocean from the rear buildings unless you are on the 4th or 5th level.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank kevinwcheryl
JBohmann, Public Relations Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We appreciate receiving your positive review. We price ourselves on offering the best beachfront resort value on Grace Bay Beach, so we are pleased to read that you feel you received value for the money you paid to stay at our four star resort. Please stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
Hawthorne, California
Reviewed October 12, 2013

My husband and I spent eight nights at the Alexandra Resort from September 16th thru September 24, 2013. This was our first time to the Turks and Caicos. We stayed in a studio room with a balcony on the fifth floor overlooking the pool and having an ocean view. The room was perfect for us. We loved the fact that it had a washer and dryer! The room was clean and we were so thankful for the great air conditioning. The staff was fantastic and made you feel right at home. The grounds are lovely and we could not ask for a more beautiful beach. Mango Reef Café, the restaurant on the property, had delicious food and great service. We loved the bar too! Mikey the bartender was fabulous and Shelly who worked at the restaurant and bar was fantastic too. We would definitely stay at the Alexandra again.

Room Tip: We loved our view from the fifth floor!
1 Thank Bobbie S
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Check in went smooth. Loved our oceanfront one bedroom condo. Kitchen was a great plus since food on the island is very pricey. Service here is great. Pool is dirty, they do not clean it regularly.. Bugs floating around. Olivia at front desk saved me..I was locked out on my patio one morning and she walked out of office. I called her and within five minutes she had maintenance here to let me in. Taxi is expensive but they have bikes to ride to shopping and restaurants close by. Bikes are free. Beware if you get sinus or migraines..front office is constantly spraying deodorizer! Smells great if you do not have problems..otherwise, not good. Grocery is close by and a taxi comes every day for a grocery run, 9.00 round trip. Worth it! The beach is amazing. Turquoise water and no waves to knock you down. Sand is like powder.......overall, loved the place.. Oh, restaurant has great service and food. Dined there twice..

Room Tip: My condo was a one bedroom oceanfront with kitchen..perfect.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your positive review. We are glad that you enjoyed your vacation and your visit to the Alexandra Resort. We are very concerned to read that you found the pool to be dirty. We normally receive exceptional reviews for our housekeeping standards and grounds maintenance. We will immediately investigate and address any issues that may have occurred with our daily pool maintenance program. We are glad that you enjoyed our customer service, daily grocery store shuttle and use of the complimentary pedal bikes. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was our first trip to Turks and Caicos and couldn't have picked a better resort. We would definitely stay here again. The staff was helpful, cleaning crew excellent, one bedroom suite ideal for couple, and beach access and cleanliness were superb.

3 Thank Erin B
JBohmann, Public Relations Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Turks and Caicos and the Alexandra Resort. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Canton
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The Alexandra Resort and its staff, will stay near to our hearts forever! We traveled here 9/23/13-9/30/13 for our honeymoon and were nothing but overwhelmed by such a beautiful, clean and friendly atmosphere!! Every single member of the staff, from the moment we got there to the second we left were absolutely amazing! We were treated like royalty every day. We were welcomed to the beach and pool and to the restaurant (WHICH IS TO DIE FOR) with open arms.

It is a pricey island to visit, but it's completely worth it to get a taste of this paradise! We took a trip to the local IGA grocery store and stocked up on food for lunch and breakfast for the week and went out for dinner at night. That saved a ton!! The Mango Reef restaurant is FANTASTIC!!! We highly recommend the Mango reef burger at lunch time as well as the lobster quesadillas and for dinner, the shrimp pasta and Surf and Turf are to die for!

The rooms are very well kept and very comfortable. We felt at home the entire vacation. Room service was constantly on top of things to make sure we had everything we needed.

The beach is absolutely gorgeous! Unlike anything we've ever seen! The whitest sand and crystal clear water! NEVER a problem getting chairs and an umbrella to relax on the beach every morning! THE THURSDAY NIGHT FISH FRY WITH THE LOCALS IS A MUST!! ABSOLUTELY THE MOST FUN WE HAD THE ENTIRE TRIP!

WE WILL DEFINITELY SEE YOU ALL AGAIN!!
Special thank you to Al, Darren and Kimiko in the hotel, Roselyn, Alexis and Davidson in the Mango Reef restaurant for AMAZING service everyday and Joseph and Alan on the beach!! We miss you guys! Hugs from Michigan!

Room Tip: Definitely pay a little extra for the ocean front rooms! WOW!! What a view to wake up to!
5 Thank Stefania C
Congratulations on your recent nuptials and we truly appreciate being selected for your special trip. We are equally thrilled to read that you had a fabulous vacation and we appreciate receiving your kind feedback. Please stay with us again.
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 24, 2013

It was my first time visiting Turks and Caicos, and I did a lot of research on hotels before deciding on Alexandra Resort. Reviews seemed great, so why not? The value was great compared to all the other resorts I was checking out.

I stayed from Sept 11-15, right in the middle of "hurricane season". Luckily for me, I didn't get to experience any of that. The weather was beautiful the whole time with the exception of a 5 minute rain shower on one of my nights. The resort is right on the beach on Grace Bay. The view from the front desk was beautiful. The staff was very nice and very accommodating. I was very impressed by their hospitality. Johana at the front desk set up an appointment for a massage and snorkel tour with Caicos Dreams Tour for the very next day. I had a studio suite which was perfect for me since I was traveling alone. Not much of a view, as I was in a corner in the Lady Rose building but I didn't plan on staying in my room. The room was very clean, the bed so comfortable.
Since it was off-season, it wasn't very busy at the resort, which I ended up enjoying a lot. I was always able to grab a beach chair with an umbrella every day I was there at any time. The pool area was nice, and it has a swim up bar. But I preferred the beach to the pool. It was quiet, no loud noise or partying that would bother some people. Because I was traveling alone, safety was one of the priorities for me. I had no problems with that here, I felt pretty secure there.

Altogether, I had an amazing time at the Alexandra Resort. If I were to visit again, I would stay here. The only downside I experienced was that there was not very good wi-fi in the room. If I was lying in bed, the service would disconnect. I did read a manager comment that they are in the process of upgrading it, so I was expecting it when I got there. Great people, great staff, very nice accommodations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
10 Thank Kimberly C
JBohmann, Public Relations Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
We are glad to read you had an amazing time during your stay at the Alexandra Resort. Thanks for your positive review and we hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Jackson, NJ
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Alexandra Hotel is not a 5 star resort hotel but 5 star in service, cleanliness, convenience and comfort. I would consider it close to the middle of Grace Bay which my family thinks is the cleanest, clearest and most spectacular among all the Caribbean waters that we've visited. Something about Grace Bay and ALL the resorts that has that special feel to it that you have to discover and experience to understand. The resorts are like a community and you can go in and out of other resort's, their restaurants and pool areas without worry. We enjoyed all the menu offerings regardless of which restaurant we visited. They were all deliciously prepared and presented well. The hospitality of the people at Alexandra and all around were consistent. They were friendly, accommodating and we felt comfortable and relaxed from the beginning to the end of our stay. Mangoes resto at Alexandra is highly recommended. The food were fresh and flavorful. Expect a quiet relaxing time away from the typical party resort but don't get me wrong. The resort has the lively music and vibe but it is not overwhelming and imposing. It's a nice balanced Resort that makes for a vacation were all the ingredients are just right.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view when available. The sunsets are spectacular!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Pr0fessi0nalBeachBum
JBohmann, Public Relations Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
We are so pleased to read that you had a great vacation and that you enjoyed all the comforts of home. You paid our team the ultimate compliment and they very much appreciate receiving your kind feedback about the service they work hard to provide. We hope you will stay with us again in the future. The picture that you took of Grace Bay Beach in front of the Alexandra Resort is fabulous. Thanks for sharing it.