“Excellent Place to Stay”
Review of Alexandra Resort

Alexandra Resort
Ranked #18 of 45 Hotels in Providenciales
Richardson, Texas
“Excellent Place to Stay”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

This was our first trip to Turks and Caicos and couldn't have picked a better resort. We would definitely stay here again. The staff was helpful, cleaning crew excellent, one bedroom suite ideal for couple, and beach access and cleanliness were superb.

3 Thank Erin B
JBohmann, Public Relations Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Turks and Caicos and the Alexandra Resort. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
Canton
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The Alexandra Resort and its staff, will stay near to our hearts forever! We traveled here 9/23/13-9/30/13 for our honeymoon and were nothing but overwhelmed by such a beautiful, clean and friendly atmosphere!! Every single member of the staff, from the moment we got there to the second we left were absolutely amazing! We were treated like royalty every day. We were welcomed to the beach and pool and to the restaurant (WHICH IS TO DIE FOR) with open arms.

It is a pricey island to visit, but it's completely worth it to get a taste of this paradise! We took a trip to the local IGA grocery store and stocked up on food for lunch and breakfast for the week and went out for dinner at night. That saved a ton!! The Mango Reef restaurant is FANTASTIC!!! We highly recommend the Mango reef burger at lunch time as well as the lobster quesadillas and for dinner, the shrimp pasta and Surf and Turf are to die for!

The rooms are very well kept and very comfortable. We felt at home the entire vacation. Room service was constantly on top of things to make sure we had everything we needed.

The beach is absolutely gorgeous! Unlike anything we've ever seen! The whitest sand and crystal clear water! NEVER a problem getting chairs and an umbrella to relax on the beach every morning! THE THURSDAY NIGHT FISH FRY WITH THE LOCALS IS A MUST!! ABSOLUTELY THE MOST FUN WE HAD THE ENTIRE TRIP!

WE WILL DEFINITELY SEE YOU ALL AGAIN!!
Special thank you to Al, Darren and Kimiko in the hotel, Roselyn, Alexis and Davidson in the Mango Reef restaurant for AMAZING service everyday and Joseph and Alan on the beach!! We miss you guys! Hugs from Michigan!

Room Tip: Definitely pay a little extra for the ocean front rooms! WOW!! What a view to wake up to!
5 Thank Stefania C
Congratulations on your recent nuptials and we truly appreciate being selected for your special trip. We are equally thrilled to read that you had a fabulous vacation and we appreciate receiving your kind feedback. Please stay with us again.
San Diego, California
Reviewed September 24, 2013

It was my first time visiting Turks and Caicos, and I did a lot of research on hotels before deciding on Alexandra Resort. Reviews seemed great, so why not? The value was great compared to all the other resorts I was checking out.

I stayed from Sept 11-15, right in the middle of "hurricane season". Luckily for me, I didn't get to experience any of that. The weather was beautiful the whole time with the exception of a 5 minute rain shower on one of my nights. The resort is right on the beach on Grace Bay. The view from the front desk was beautiful. The staff was very nice and very accommodating. I was very impressed by their hospitality. Johana at the front desk set up an appointment for a massage and snorkel tour with Caicos Dreams Tour for the very next day. I had a studio suite which was perfect for me since I was traveling alone. Not much of a view, as I was in a corner in the Lady Rose building but I didn't plan on staying in my room. The room was very clean, the bed so comfortable.
Since it was off-season, it wasn't very busy at the resort, which I ended up enjoying a lot. I was always able to grab a beach chair with an umbrella every day I was there at any time. The pool area was nice, and it has a swim up bar. But I preferred the beach to the pool. It was quiet, no loud noise or partying that would bother some people. Because I was traveling alone, safety was one of the priorities for me. I had no problems with that here, I felt pretty secure there.

Altogether, I had an amazing time at the Alexandra Resort. If I were to visit again, I would stay here. The only downside I experienced was that there was not very good wi-fi in the room. If I was lying in bed, the service would disconnect. I did read a manager comment that they are in the process of upgrading it, so I was expecting it when I got there. Great people, great staff, very nice accommodations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
10 Thank Kimberly C
JBohmann, Public Relations Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
We are glad to read you had an amazing time during your stay at the Alexandra Resort. Thanks for your positive review and we hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Jackson, NJ
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Alexandra Hotel is not a 5 star resort hotel but 5 star in service, cleanliness, convenience and comfort. I would consider it close to the middle of Grace Bay which my family thinks is the cleanest, clearest and most spectacular among all the Caribbean waters that we've visited. Something about Grace Bay and ALL the resorts that has that special feel to it that you have to discover and experience to understand. The resorts are like a community and you can go in and out of other resort's, their restaurants and pool areas without worry. We enjoyed all the menu offerings regardless of which restaurant we visited. They were all deliciously prepared and presented well. The hospitality of the people at Alexandra and all around were consistent. They were friendly, accommodating and we felt comfortable and relaxed from the beginning to the end of our stay. Mangoes resto at Alexandra is highly recommended. The food were fresh and flavorful. Expect a quiet relaxing time away from the typical party resort but don't get me wrong. The resort has the lively music and vibe but it is not overwhelming and imposing. It's a nice balanced Resort that makes for a vacation were all the ingredients are just right.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view when available. The sunsets are spectacular!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Pr0fessi0nalBeachBum
JBohmann, Public Relations Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
We are so pleased to read that you had a great vacation and that you enjoyed all the comforts of home. You paid our team the ultimate compliment and they very much appreciate receiving your kind feedback about the service they work hard to provide. We hope you will stay with us again in the future. The picture that you took of Grace Bay Beach in front of the Alexandra Resort is fabulous. Thanks for sharing it.
Mattoon, Illinois, United States
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Absolutely fantastic!!! From service to amenities! Totally a must to stay here!! Beach was super close and very clean and peaceful. Mango Reef restaurant isn't all that it is hyped to be but nice to have on site if you don't have a car.

Room Tip: The property is really small enough that any room would be great!! Easy to get around.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kimberly A
JBohmann, Public Relations Manager at Alexandra Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We are pleased that you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to seeing you again soon. We are disappointed to read you did not have the same level of satisfaction with Mango Reef. While we do not operate the restaurant, we will share your comments with them. Thank you for the positive review.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Just got back from a week at the Alexandra in Providenciales. The resort is located between Beaches and The Somerset on Grace Bay. The beach is excellent (as it is everywhere on Grace Bay) but two things help the Alexandra stand out from most other resorts. First it is a good value for the money when compared to the cost of most other resorts. We stayed in a 1 bedroom which was more than adequate for 2 people for a week (studio would be a little tight). The second thing that Alexandra has going for it is the fact that Mango Reef restaurant is there. It is one of the better restaurants on the island and makes for a convenient dinner option on nights when you don't feel like going out. The restaurant is right on the beach so you can't beat the view.

My only complaint is that the wireless internet service is not very good. In some spots on the property it works well but we had awful coverage in our condo.

Room Tip: If you don't get an ocean front unit then try for an upper floor unit in bldg 4 as they offer a...
5 Thank HPK
We appreciate you taking the time to share a positive review about your recent visit. We work hard to offer the best value on Grace Bay beach, so thank you for acknowledging the value you received. We are working on upgrading our wireless internet service and apologize for any inconvenience the poor service in some areas of the property may have caused during your visit.
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My husband and I visited the Alexandra Resort in May of 2012. We had a great time, the hotel was clean, fun but quiet. Granted we went in the low season. I got a massage and it was great.
The food at the restaurant was decent, but in Providenciales you can find any kind of food you want it might just be a taxi ride away.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank GeraldineCols
Thank you for your positive review and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.