We stayed on the second floor in a garden view room, but we could still see the ocean. The room was clean and comfortable, but not luxurious. We slept late, so being able to run the a/c fan on continuous to block out any noise (there wasn't any tho) and pull the drapes to keep the room dark - was nice.
We hit the IGA grocery store for breakfast and snack items. There is a nice small kitchenette stocked with all the dishes you need.
There was also a washer and dryer in our unit!
The on site restaurant, Mango Reef is excellent, and there are several more along the beach that you can walk to within 5 minutes.
It was a little windy a few days, so we sat by the pool, which is protected from the wind pretty well. There are plenty of beach chairs and umbrellas on the beach, but not as many by the pool - but we usually could find two.
We had a late flight, but they wouldn't extend checkout. They did offer a shower room however, which is all we really wanted. They kept our luggage and we checked stayed on the beach for a few more hours, then we were able to shower - it was just another room that had been checked out of but housekeeping hadn't gotten to yet.
The hotel had an attendant at the airport who met us and lined up a taxi. It was $11 apiece one-way and about 20 minutes. Pretty good.
There are lots of water activities - parasailing, snorkeling, etc.
We walked to the shopping area, about 10 minutes up the beach, then through a public access spot to the shops. Not much there other than souvenirs and T-shirts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, The Alexandra offers the dream vacation of a lifetime; spacious accommodations, warm friendly service, and amazing oceanfront dining. Guest can also take our complimentary dining shuttle to our two on-island sister resorts to enjoy their restaurants facilities. The Alexandra provides a delightful Caribbean atmosphere, fantastic ocean views, powder white sand, and activities and amenities including complimentary non motorized water sports, tennis courts, free use of pedal bikes, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookIt.com, West Indies, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Alexandra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Resort Providenciales
- Alexandra Hotel Providenciales
- Alexandra Resort Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales