We arrived on a Sunday and Grace Bay Car Rentals was there to greet us outside of baggage claim. It took us about 45 minutes to get thru the line and claim our luggage.
As a party of 3 couples we rented a Van which was in good shape and worked well.
It took us about 15 min. to get to the hotel. Arriving at 3pm we were able to check in. All 3 couples rented thru VRBO and we would again in a heartbeat. If renting thru VRBO I recommend your owner has a manager on the island for you to contact in case of a problem. Our friends had a problem with their safe and did not have a phone number to their owner or know of any manager to contact. They only had e-mail address and were lucky to get a response within the hour. Our owner’s were FABULOUS!! They gave us many recommendations on restaurants / excursions / grocery stores, etc. We had their phone numbers and manager’s phone number. We were able to schedule a mid week cleaning (you don’t get daily service when renting thru VRBO) with the manager for $35. Our Marylin bldg unit was spotless!! We were on the 2nd floor with partial view of the ocean. Our room was the cleanest of the 3 and our owner’s, I felt, were the best working with. Our other friends were on the top floor (5th) of Marylin and 2nd floor of the Prima Dona bldg. The 4th and 5th floor rooms have the better views of the ocean. These two bldgs are not ocean front you would need to be in the Chelsea or Lady Rose bldgs. Please feel free to send me a private message and I can give you more info on the rooms.
The beach, wow… We have been to Barbados, Grand Cayman, St. Martin, Aruba, Vieques, Maui, Bahamas, St. John, PR, Isla Mujeres, Punta Cana, Costa Rica, and Cancun and can honestly say this is probably the best. You can walk miles (12) on grace bay. Some days the winds were high and waves rough but other days it was calm and water smooth as glass. The water is beautiful blue with nice sandy bottom. The Alexandra is on the widest part of the beach and chairs are spread out, unlike the other hotels close by... We walked (25 min.) to Coral Gardens to snorkel which was great and saw lots of fish!! The Reef is close to shore...
Having a car we were able to visit Turtle Bay. A beautiful bay with knee high water that stretched out for a couple hundred yards before getting deep. There was never more then 12 people on the beach the 3 times we went there.
Restaurants we visited: DeConch shack – Somewhere – Bay Bistro – Tiki Hut (great Wed. night bbq ckn & ribs) – Mango Reef 3 times, waiter Ramon was the best!! Thanks for the Iced Teas.
We ate our breakfast in as we had packed bagels and English muffins. We bought lunch meat ($10 a pound) and packed lunches. We also packed cheeses/bolognas/Sopressata for happy hour foods, powdered tea, coffee and some snacks.
Local places we visited were Danny Buoys at salt mills and Hole in the Wall bar by the airport – fun places.
This is a vacation for rest and relaxation. There is no traffic – no cruise ships - no loud towns.
We used the VIP Flyers club on our return and recommend it if traveling on the weekends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, Alexandra Resort offers the dream vacation of a lifetime; spacious accommodations, warm friendly service, and amazing oceanfront dining with the option to book all-inclusive reservations. Guests can also take our complimentary dining shuttle to our two on-island sister resorts to enjoy their restaurants facilities. Alexandra Resort provides a delightful Caribbean atmosphere, fantastic ocean views, powder white sand, and activities and amenities including non-motorized water sports, tennis courts, bicycles, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, West Indies, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, BookIt.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Alexandra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Resort Providenciales
- Alexandra Hotel Providenciales
- Alexandra Resort Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales