I was really prepared to give this hotel four stars but by the end of our long weekend stay there were just too many problems. First of all, as stated in so many other reviews, if you want to have an Ocean view you really need to ask for Ocean Front. Otherwise you are placed in a building that is almost perpendicular to the water so that you can only see the water from your balcony at an angle. That said, we really didn't care. The view was pretty enough and although the hotel had plenty of rooms we didn't feel like changing. The room was very lovely, clean and well appointed, with a kitchen and washer/dryer which is great for long stays, and even for a short one like ours. I like having my own breakfast on my terrace.
The beach is gorgeous, and the pool is large and clean. The hotel is a bit smaller than the usual huge resort which was pleasant. However, some amenities were missing or misrepresented. For example, there was no snorkeling equipment, and only two single person kayaks despite the fact that they advertise water activities available. One has to go to another hotel for those things, which isn't a problem but misleading. The same with internet. They claim that it is available all over the property but it actually isn't. Some buildings have none and some rooms have dead spots.
None of these things would have mattered by themselves but the little things kept adding up. Then on the second night, we found that the a/c , although it continued to run, stopped cooling at night. It did, however, come on again during the day. When we spoke to the desk the next day they said they were having some electrical problems. The next night we had a total loss of electricity from about 8pm until the middle of the night...no a/c, no fan. When the power was restored we still had no cooling from the a/c. So, this might have just been bad luck but it made it hard to give more the 3 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, The Alexandra offers the dream vacation of a lifetime; spacious accommodations, warm friendly service, and amazing oceanfront dining. Guest can also take our complimentary dining shuttle to our two on-island sister resorts to enjoy their restaurants facilities. The Alexandra provides a delightful Caribbean atmosphere, fantastic ocean views, powder white sand, and activities and amenities including complimentary non motorized water sports, tennis courts, free use of pedal bikes, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alexandra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Resort Providenciales
- Alexandra Hotel Providenciales
- Alexandra Resort Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales