The Alexandra Resort exceded our expectations on all levels. We just got back from 9 days in Turks & Caicos. This was my 3rd trip there..1st time at the Alexandra. Family of 4 we got a great deal from Sky Auction on this hotel. I was unsure if we picked the right hotel until we got there & knew this was the way to go. We had a 1 bdrm. The "Condo" (more like a condo than a room) wa big with 2 bathrooms, a large all new kitchen - stove,oven,full fridge, dishwasher, washer & dryer in a separate closet. dining table, 2 flat screen tv's. I 'm used to expensive luxury hotels, but I could easily stay here a month. Very clean. Service was excellent too. Every night the cleaning lady came by with clean towels & checked if we needed anything. Daily maid service..excellent. They vacuumed & mopped the floors every day..all the sand we brought in on our feet every day was gone by the next day.Everyone was so friendly. Sonia, the concierge was on top of things.-She booked our conck diving cruise & parasailing & banana boat ride.(We highly reccommend all 3 while you're here) She let us know all about renting a car,restaurants, events etc.
The kids had a blast here. Noone wanted to go home even after 9 days.
The pool was clean..every morning at 6am gueys are outside watering plants, cleaning the pool & getting ready for the day. And not crowded! You almost felt like the place was yours.
The beach was to die for gorgeous.We walked a lot along the beach to other resorts & different restaurants & the beach in front of the Alexandra was the widest & best area along Grace Bay.
Wesley the beach attendant was great. He took care of the guests and anything they needed. He would dig a hole & put an umbrella where you wanted it. The had snorkle gear & kyaks - just sign them out free to use them.
The drinks at the bar were great too & reasonably priced - about $8 - $5 for virgin pina colada. My daughter got one or 2 every day.
The food at the Mango Reef was good. Breakfast was just OK..fresh OJ was great, my kids liked the waffles, but french toast was not great for me. We ate around at diferent places. You could walk to a lot of restaurants in he hotels. Hemingway's was great for dinner (except onThanksgiving - 3 out of our 4 turkey dinners had hardly any turkey & was all fat & awful - like the end pieces of what was left on the turkey..but they appoligized & made good on it in the end). Coral Gardens hotel past Beaches was so quaint for breakfast & some of the best snorkeling afterwards on the island.
Buffet breakfast at Grace BayClub was luxury(we drove there)(We rented a car for 2 days) -as was the Royal Palms -which was like eating on an esate in a french castle.(next door to the Alexandra).
If you rent a car for 2 or 3 days you can eat other places like the Tiki Bar at the Turtle Cove marina.& drive to the Conch Shack & Horse Eyed Jacks in the Blue Hills area which was charming & scenic & fun.
You could walk to the shopping areas - the Saltmills - Just walk to the right along the beach & through the Sands' resort out to the front street make a left & a little walk down is all the shopping & supermarket. Across fron the supermarket is the Avis car rental. They were great there - fast & efficient service..
We booked our excursions & parasailing through our hotel - they use people they trust & that are insured..some of the roaming beach guys that come up to you for boat rides are not insured.The hotel is responsibe for your sefety if you book through them.- They also get 10% commission on bookings- as do the beach guys who are relentless trying to get you to parasail or banana boat.
Get the Dining Guide book & a map at the Reception desk when you arrive to see restauants & menus ( & prices..ouch.) Relax & enjoy being on" Island Time". Driving is on the left. There are no traffic lights.Supermarket prices are high- some things like hamburger meat is same as here though.
Jet Blue lets you check 1 bag free per person..if you consolidate your things into less bags,(you don't need much-( bathing suits & shorts & a few tops) you can pack 1 bag with non pershable food items. We packed snacks & tuna & iced tea mix & bread & P.Butter for the kids. We usually ate breakfast & dinners out & got cold cuts at the market & made sandwiched for lunch which we took on the beach & to the pool.
They have tennis courts too - brought our rackets. Very casual there on the island-went barefoot most of the time.Just Paradise!
Bed was very comfortable..pull out couch not so much, but was fine for vacation. Was nothing like my tempurpedics back home.
..If you have little kids they have nothing for them to do except play on the beach or at the pool . Bigger kids will love the banana boat ride ($30pp) or parasailing ($75pp) The half day cruise trip for conch diving (in a 3 ft high of water reef area out in the ocean)& to Iguana island was fabulous. my kids & my husband & I loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on Grace Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, Alexandra Resort offers the dream vacation of a lifetime; spacious accommodations, warm friendly service, and amazing oceanfront dining with the option to book all-inclusive reservations. Guests can also take our complimentary dining shuttle to our two on-island sister resorts to enjoy their restaurants facilities. Alexandra Resort provides a delightful Caribbean atmosphere, fantastic ocean views, powder white sand, and activities and amenities including non-motorized water sports, tennis courts, bicycles, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, TravelUp, BookIt.com, West Indies, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Alexandra Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra Resort Providenciales
- Alexandra Hotel Providenciales
- Alexandra Resort Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Turks Caicos
- Alexandra Resort Turks And Caicos/Providenciales